2011 Music

i found the new a7x song through a friend's fb and i really like it. they're bouncing back well from the disappointment that was the nightmare album.

also i'm looking forward to lamb of god's new album slated to be released later this year

I can't believe that I didn't find out about this until now, but I can't get these songs. I can't buy them online, stores aren't stocking this CD, I can't pirate them, but I really want the songs :( From what I can tell they sound awesome though, but you can't even listen to the songs on the internet really

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
between torrentz and mediafire one can find almost anything but the most obscure / newly released. these are 2010, but oh well:
The Naked and Famous's : Passive Me Aggressive You

Mother Mother's : Eureka

Kimonos self entitled.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

I can't believe that I didn't find out about this until now, but I can't get these songs. I can't buy them online, stores aren't stocking this CD, I can't pirate them, but I really want the songs :( From what I can tell they sound awesome though, but you can't even listen to the songs on the internet really
Shouldn't it be on iTunes? Also, I heard these songs around the day they were leaked/released/whatever and they're fantastic.

I'm still looking for them, can't find them, and I don't use iTunes :\

And as I said, the bits I've heard sound great and I've heard great reviews, but why are there only 3 songs..?

Edit @ DVM: I guess so, but the pre-release hype had us waiting for an album

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
it saddens me that Apocalyptica decided to go overboard with guest vocalists. Apocalyptica's main selling point for me was the lack of vocals, which is all too rare. The only vocalist song I enjoyed was I'm not Jesus, the rest suck. What the fuck were they thinking by bringing in the Flyleaf girl?

MMF

Give me the strength to part this sea
Memphis May Fire's newest album (the Hollow) is among some of the best music I've heard in a long time.

it saddens me that Apocalyptica decided to go overboard with guest vocalists. Apocalyptica's main selling point for me was the lack of vocals, which is all too rare. The only vocalist song I enjoyed was I'm not Jesus, the rest suck. What the fuck were they thinking by bringing in the Flyleaf girl?
so much this.

picked up a few more new albums. aver's s/t is pretty interesting stonery space rocky gruny stuff. codes in the clouds's as the spirit wanes is really quite good post-rock. monkey3's beyond the black sky is good instrumental stoner rock. sleepy.ab's mother goose is nice, relaxing post-rock shoegaze. also mastodon's live at the aragon is quite a good live album, except for the fact that the vocals are almost completely drowned out.

a couple of other releases that i'm looking for but can't find are a storm of light's as the valley of death becomes us, our silver memories fade and seether's holding onto strings better left to fray. i just can't find them wtf. of course now i find them. :U

My favorite releases so far this year...just going in alphabetical order.

Battles - Gloss Drop
Beastie Boys - Hot Sauce Committee Part 2
Big K.R.I.T. - Return of 4eva
Boris - New Album (this title always cracks me up)
Brotha Lynch Hung - Coathanga Strangla
Curren$y - Covert Coup
Explosions in the Sky - Take Care, Take Care, Take Care
Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues (*loved* this a lot, actually)
Foo Fighters - Wasting Light
Man Man - Life Fantastic
Parts & Labor - Constant Future
Pharoahe Monch - W.A.R. (We Are Renegades)
Radiohead - The King of Limbs (duh.)
Raekwon - Shaolin Vs. Wu-Tang
Reks - Rhythmatic Eternal King Supreme (the beats on this record...so dope)
Saigon - The Greatest Story Never Told
Sloan - The Double Cross
Strong Arm Steady - Arms & Hammers
Toro y Moi - Underneath the Pine (probably my favorite so far)
TV On The Radio - Nine Types Of Light
Wiz Khalifa - Rolling Papers

I like 2011's music so far. Right now the only upcoming album I'm really anticipating, though, is Tech N9ne - All 6s and 7s. It's gonna be *amazing*!

ok listened to new seether and a storm of light. a storm of light was fucking good, a definite improvement from their last two albums, i was really impressed. the new seether was quite different; it's much more mellow and alt rocky than their other stuff, but still pretty good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)