2013/2014 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see Lallana get a shout out i guess, still should have made room for Rooney somewhere. I guess Aguero has been too injured to get a nomination.

Half that list being touted as better than Yaya is a joke, Iniesta hasn't been better, Xavi wouldn't even make the list of the top 5 central midfielders in La Liga, Schweinsteiger has been injured a lot. Modric is being sold way short though arguably the best player in La Liga this season.
lol. As I said before Yaya is a good player but he is very much like Cesc this season. Fantastic against weaker opposition but becomes more of a problem than a solution. Silva and Fernandinho are more important to City as are Xavi and Iniesta for Barca(Cesc has much better stats than both).
Yaya isn't better than Vidal, Kroos, Modric, Gabi, Lahm(when he plays cdm), Iniesta, Rudi Garcia and Di maria. I will concede on both Xavi and Pirlo.

Btw saying Yaya is as good defensively as Busquets is a crime.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Yaya is the best CM in the Premier League, period. Like I said before, only Vidal is better than him; Iniesta and Kroos are better passers of the ball but not better overall. Suarez for POTY and Hazard/Barkley for YPOTY.

Yaya is the best CM in the Premier League, period. Like I said before, only Vidal is better than him; Iniesta and Kroos are better passers of the ball but not better overall. Suarez for POTY and Hazard/Barkley for YPOTY.
Barkley shouldn't get YPOTY. If anything, Eriksen should of been nominated instead. It's either Hazard or Sturridge.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
lol. As I said before Yaya is a good player but he is very much like Cesc this season. Fantastic against weaker opposition but becomes more of a problem than a solution. Silva and Fernandinho are more important to City as are Xavi and Iniesta for Barca(Cesc has much better stats than both).
Yaya isn't better than Vidal, Kroos, Modric, Gabi, Lahm(when he plays cdm), Iniesta, Rudi Garcia and Di maria. I will concede on both Xavi and Pirlo.

Btw saying Yaya is as good defensively as Busquets is a crime.
If we are talking about this season, then Yaya has clearly been better than Iniesta because the latter has had a very irregular season, he had a terrible start (he only started playing well in january). However, I think that Iniesta is generally a slightly better player, but he doesn't impact the game on both ends of the field as Yaya does... Iniesta is obviously better at attacking though. By the way, I'm surprised nobody mentioned Rakitic here... best La Liga midfielder this season imo, and he's been very consistent as well. Only Koke and Modric have played at a similar level honestly.

YPOTY should really not be for players upwards of say 22 or 23. Its fairly retarded how Sturridge at 24 is in contention for YPOTY.
Also, Barkley hasn't really shone consistently this season. Had a bright start, faded away, then came up in short,aperiodic bursts. Someone like Eriksen or Lukaku should be in there.
As for POTY, Gerrard is more of a people's choice and Lallana, while brilliant, should surely be behind say, David Silva, John Terry or Seamus Coleman. Give a defender some love?

YPOTY should be sterling, i agree it should be lowered to U21, POTY will definitely be Suarez if we win it and probably will win even if we don't. Also 3 Liverpool nominees really says something about how Brendan Rodgers has transformed the team (2 were on the team pre-Rodgers but are much better this year. Hope we go all the way. YNWA

HBK

We never really had a realistic chance of winning the title. We lacked a prolific goal scorer, it's just that simple. Even if Azpilicueta hadn't made that terrible blunder, we probably would've failed to score. It was nice while it lasted though. We can still win the Champions League and not just in theory. Over to you, Liverpool. Gratz.

two mistakes and sunderland took advantage of each.
Really should have won by a lot but our finishing like in the swansea game was dreadful.

The team has improved as a whole and we are into the semifinal of the Cl with a chance of winning the thing again.
All I know at the moment is that Liverpool won't be challenging for the title next season.

Lets see if Liverpool can hold their nerves.

phil

could do worse
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well there's a turn-up for the books. Liverpool look good to win the title now, with Sunderland suddenly back in with a chance. I also find it hilarious that Sunderland are the first team to beat Mourinho's Chelsea at home in the league, never thought it'd be the team currently bottom of the table to break that amazing run.

Sunderland defeating us at home, brings back memories of when Gyan, Onuoha and Welbeck beat us few years ago.
Bad, bad memories. Well, that's all for the title race, folks.

How funny would it be if after all this hullabaloo and emotion and expectation that Liverpool finally has done it, they get trolled and lose on the last day to Newcastle and the City moneybags walks away with the title! And all this will be forgotten... I really wouldn't be surprised at this stage!

embarrassing behavior from the Chelsea staff and players

Mata and Lukaku would have been helpful to break down those teams that park the bus against chelsea

HBK

I'm counting on Liverpool challenging for the title next season so that the Manchester United scum stay out of Europe.

Last edited:
embarrassing behavior from the Chelsea staff and players
What did the players do? At least Rui Faria showed some fight and passion. Wish the players had done that as well.

Whatever. Not going to argue. I genuinely believe the title is a lost cause so congratulations to Nosferalto, tml and all the other Liverpool fans.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)