2013/2014 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any potential that Bertrand once had has now diminished. He's almost 25 and he hasn't had a good game in ages (last time was in Champ Lg final, then he tailed off)
Lallana isn't Champions League Winner quality but is a player you expect on a side who can get out of their group

Updates regarding Suarez and Alexis:

1. Message from the FCB camp is that negotiations for Suárez are advanced and going well. Alexis has other offers on the table he's considering.
2. I heard Arsenal have a personal agreement with Alexis but offer less to FCB than Liverpool. Juve also interested.
3. Suarez: When a side says its advanced it means agreement in place. LFC might want 2 keep it quiet 2 close other deals but seems pretty close.
4. As it stands Alexis not part of the deal for Suárez. But not definitive. Despite personal agreement with Arsenal, LFC hope to convince him.

Coming from Guillem Balague who is pretty reliable.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/02/luis-suarez-liverpool-barcelona-70m

Last edited:
tml, at the end of the day i agree with you. We don't need to have the best individuals to do well. It's a team game and the cohesion within the liverpool squad last season showed that.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
What do a bunch of kids on a pokemon forum know about who is good enough to play for CL. The scouts have done their work, if it doesn't work, so be it. The fact is you would be the same people who would say last season that Liverpool wouldn't finish 4th with the squad we had. You would also be the same people laughing at Liverpool for signing Chelsea and Inter rejects such as Coutinho and Sturridge, who turn out to be good players in a title chasing side. BR evidently has a talent for bringing the best out of players. At the very least they will be better than the trollop that was on our bench last season, whilst our XI is clearly a match for everyone in the PL. Wait till we sign them and have 6 months, then a pretty fair judgement can be made of if they are good enough for the CL.
That's kinda harsh. Firstly, it's not like the scouts have some specialized technology to analyse players; they WATCH them and so do we; Secondly, You can't blame us for thinking that Liverpool couldn't finish fourth at the beginning of last season; Even the Liverpool fans like you didn't expect them to finish fourth and no one could've predicted Manchester United's decline; Thirdly, I'm sure that I speak for all Chelsea fans when I say that I wanted Sturridge to stay because I always knew how good he was. And when did we ever make fun of Liverpool for signing Coutinho?

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
There will be now final decision regarding Kroos before the World Cup ends, but right now it looks like he will leave in 2015

James has stated that he would like to play in Spain and Madrid in particular. It started there and he will probably remain in Monaco(They have denied this and Falcao).

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Is James Rodriguez -> Real Madrid pure speculation? RM and Barca are looking strong if they pull off all of their deals. You just can't argue with money!
Am I the only one who thinks that Real Madrid don't need to sign any player this summer? Besides a goalkeeper maybe as the team clearly needs to renew that position if only to get rid of drama. Kroos has been one of my favourite players for some years now but I'm not sure Real Madrid need him, how are they going to combine Modric/Isco/Kroos/Di Maria??/Xabi Alonso/Khedira/Illarramendi on just 3 midfielder spots?? I mean it's obvious that one of them (at least) would have to leave the club, but the most worrying thing is that with those players it's going to be difficult to find both a defensive and rotations stability (most of them won't accept being benched for long periods), especially with Alonso's form clearly declining, Khedira just not performing well for the club and Illarramendi not looking quite ready.

Tbh, I think that Madrid would be better off waiting for the next summer window before bringing an expensive midfielder, Casemiro and Illarramendi still have a lot of potential (might flourish if given the chance) and if Khedira adapts to the 4-3-3 succesfully they will have enough players to still be able to fight any team when the season approaches its end.

HBK

We're not discussing whether or not they actually need any one; we're discussing who they are going to sign regardless of that and who will be leaving them to accomodate the new signings. Yes, they plan to sell Isco, Khedira and Benzema (and/or Morata who seems more likely to leave) to accomodate Rodiguez, Kroos and Falcao.

HBK

Rodriguez publicly stated he prefers Spain and has no desire to play in the 'physical' English league.
I'll never understand why any player would want to play in Spain at all leave alone wanting to play there instead of England.

HBK

because Barcelona and Real Madrid are the two biggest clubs in the world and they're in Spain.
If I was a professional footballer, I'd pefer to play in England rather than play in Spain because the BPL is more challenging and exciting. The La liga is all about Real Madrid and Barcelona steamrolling through almost every one else. Sure, Atletico Madrid won the title last season but let's be realistic; no one predicted them to do so and, more importantly, they sure as hell won't be able to do it again. So the La liga is back to being a two horse race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)