2013/2014 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stoke have no offensive prowess whatsoever. Stoke could potentially be the opposition that can kickstart United into attempting to fight for the title again.

Emphasis on the "attempting". But don't think that the title is 100% beyond United just yet, this early into the competition...

scene

Banned deucer.
the title is already out of united's reach for me
nearly a quarter into the season and they're already off the pace with no signs of pulling back the five or six teams that i'd confidently predict to finish above them based on current form, they need RVP and their midfield to realise their potential and shut down weaker teams to have any chance

United won't lose this. Will pull out the win. Their pressure is good, just nothing going on.

I can just imagine Moyes in the dressing room at halftime. Sitting along with the players with his head in his hands asking for advice. "Anyone have any ideas?"

Disgraceful play by Van Wolfswinkel + Fer "scoring" from throw-in in injury time after Cardiff kicked it out because Tettey was injured. Referee did the morally right thing to disallow it (although not sure if it was technically correct?). Pretty disappointing not to win after dominating the match, can't seem to score at the moment :(.

Players should play until the whistle and stop this tradition of kicking balls out for injured players imo. It may sound harsh but it would deter players feigning injury. But there needs to be some common sense too, if a player is in serious need of help and the referee doesn't see it then the medics should just run on and give treatment anyway. But yeah I'd like to see players stop kicking balls out for injury unless it's for your own team.

It's amazing how every week NBC Sports refuses to show Arsenal highlights. Yet every other fixture gets shown. It's like the media doesn't want to show Arsenal doing well. Conspiracy. Something is up.

Man utd supporters booing their own players. excellent. also, this win will only serve to mask the crippling deficiencies in the squad and the managerial team. the sooner they get rid of moyes and start buying players the better for them. Not that i mind seeing them the way they are.

really looking forward to watching Arsenal vs Liverpool at the Emirates next week. my favourite fixture

Worst memory of Arsenal vs Liverpool: August 2011 - Fabregas just left for Barca, Andy Carroll was the biggest lankiest horse I'd ever seen, Frimpong gets sent off, Suarez scores in a 2-0 for Liverpool. I didn't boo the team off but my friend did :( but at least Enrique and Suarez got an assist and goal for my fantasy team that day :D The next day Nasri leaves for Man City.

The 2-0 to Arsenal at Anfield last season was great though, Diaby starting his first game in years and has an absolute stormer, people saying he's France's best player, before getting injured and he's been in the treatment room ever since :D

Defo looking forward to the next one though, Liverpool have the strikeforce but Arsenal have the midfield!

Defo looking forward to the next one though, Liverpool have the strikeforce but Arsenal have the midfield!
I think Arsenal will control the midfield and Liverpool will stick to a counter attacking 3-5-2 formation
Hopefully we'll see this lineup:

----------------Mignolet

-------Toure----Agger-----Sakho

--Johnson---Lucas--Gerrard----Enrique

--------------Coutinho

-------Suarez---------Sturridge

it'll probably be the same one as today though

Lol. Liverpool are going to fucking destroy us. No reverse psychology here, they'll just legit dominate us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)