2013 Music

New Bowie album is pretty boring.

Torres's album however? Grade A material.

[youtube]RGya6Bka1LQ[/youtube]

Boris - Präparat is ok, not quite as loud as their past releases so i felt it was a bit forgettable on first listen but it'll probably grow on me. also enjoyed Lauren Bousfield - Avalon Vales which is solid IDMish stuff.

clipping - midcity is some noise rap type thing so i guess if you're into death grips or whatever you might like this, haven't listened to it all the way through though but it seems alright.

New JT is now streaming online: http://itunes.com/justintimberlake. Still only on Pusher Love Girl at the moment, but daaaaayum. The song lengths look like they might be very self-indulgent (70 minutes over 10 tracks, only two tracks run under 7 minutes), but I'm inclined to let that slide considering how good Mirrors is, plus Lovestoned was the pick of the bunch from his last album, imo.

EDIT: Got to the end. It's pretty great; Pusher Love Girl, Suit & Tie, Tunnel Vision, Let the Groove Get In and Mirrors are highlights. Only Spaceship Coupe and That Girl are somewhat disappointing, both being fairly unremarkable imo. Otherwise a very solid effort indeed!

Seems to be lots of love for JT on here but I thought Suit and Tie was really bad and Mirrors hasn't grown on me yet either. I loved his last album and his first is a bit of a classic at this stage and I really wanted to like his latest stuff now but it just hasn't done anything for me. Mirrors sounds very bland imo and the lyrics aren't as sharp as his previous work either. The only bit that gets me going a bit is the subdued last bit, which I thought was neat but not enough to save the song... :(

Still looking forward to hearing more though.

clipping - midcity is some noise rap type thing so i guess if you're into death grips or whatever you might like this, haven't listened to it all the way through though but it seems alright.
this is really interesting

despite the harsh noise being really fucking grating it still feels way less outsider than dg. this could definitely be a thing

ok holy shit get it is my current track of the year

[youtube]23KrjwlkOZA[/youtube]
damn this pretty good, i noticed you post alot of good obscure music, obscure for me atleast. where do you get your music from? i usually just end up getting anything pitchfork reviews and whatever is buzzing on the /mu/ board.

Boris - Präparat is ok, not quite as loud as their past releases so i felt it was a bit forgettable on first listen but it'll probably grow on me. also enjoyed Lauren Bousfield - Avalon Vales which is solid IDMish stuff.

thought the Bousfield was ok, might grow on me with further listens.

that Clipping looks very interesting, bookmarked.

New JT is now streaming online: http://itunes.com/justintimberlake. Still only on Pusher Love Girl at the moment, but daaaaayum. The song lengths look like they might be very self-indulgent (70 minutes over 10 tracks, only two tracks run under 7 minutes), but I'm inclined to let that slide considering how good Mirrors is, plus Lovestoned was the pick of the bunch from his last album, imo.

EDIT: Got to the end. It's pretty great; Pusher Love Girl, Suit & Tie, Tunnel Vision, Let the Groove Get In and Mirrors are highlights. Only Spaceship Coupe and That Girl are somewhat disappointing, both being fairly unremarkable imo. Otherwise a very solid effort indeed!
yeah, it could have used some editing, just like CSLS, but i respect the man for doing what he wants not what he's expected to do (though honestly, we sort of expect this from him now, right?).

i thought the first few tracks were a bit weak, but it really picks up steam after that, and Tunnel Vision is fucking great. Mirrors really grew on me, and Blue Ocean Floor is actually really beautiful. i liked the two extra tracks on the proper leak as well.

all in all, solid solid release that i enjoy listening to...but not the AOTY many are lauding it to be.

damn this pretty good, i noticed you post alot of good obscure music, obscure for me atleast. where do you get your music from? i usually just end up getting anything pitchfork reviews and whatever is buzzing on the /mu/ board.
i use what.cd, i know several others in this thread do as well, and i would expect Glen to be in that group.

rateyourmusic is great to find new music

That Timberlake album is awesome. Wish it would be a tad shorter, though.

poor mans f***ing problems
good thing you censored it man, i bet like most asap fans your mom doesn't let you swear

uh well in this case i got it from extra, who posted it like 3 days ago lol (i usually check everything he recommends, dude has good taste)

i used to browse /mu/ with some frequency but then i realized how much i hate the internet so i stopped. i have a friend in new york who writes for mishka so he always keeps me up to date on the latest hip hop, and beyond that i tend to just spend a bit of time researching bands i like which almost always leads to more bands i like.

What.CD is a great great place to find music. The community is generally pretty meh (any community is better than /mu/)but otherwise you can't go wrong. I'd also recommend using RYM's esoteric charts as they are great for finding obscure things.

What.CD is a great great place to find music. The community is generally pretty meh (any community is better than /mu/)but otherwise you can't go wrong. I'd also recommend using RYM's esoteric charts as they are great for finding obscure things.
wrong.

mkizzy

formerly kenny
not much more that im anticipating for 2013 except
Earl - Doris
Tyler, The Creator - Wolf

and i think snowflakes said something about a dirtyphonics release

i joined what.cd last year around halloween when they gave out the 50 tokens. I never really go on their forums, but i'll check it out.

the esoteric search on rym is the best. i didnt know you could do that, thanks!

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
this has probably been posted already but please dont be fake

[youtube]iBtczW2NM88[/youtube]

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i dunno phantasia - i think this is the only ~confirmed~ daft punk from the snl commercial thing??
[youtube]?v=922-y641Ask[/youtube]

even if the song is a fake tho it's really well done (i hope it's not fake i really want a new album from them SOON)

the new jt album is great too i'm usually not a fan of his music aside from a few songs but i liked the whole album

new beyonce where are youuuuu???

also i guess this is the best place to post this but the new itunes update is so awful who thought this wa s agood idea

oh yeah i should probably mention that new intronaut is quite good. not as good as i was hoping, since it lacks some crunch to it, but still a strong album.

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
okay yeah that clipping album is really good so far. i'm about halfway through my first listen and it's got really interesting beats and the rapping is pretty intense. not intense like the so-famous death grips, but it doesn't really let up.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Vampire Weekend posted two songs up, seems like for 'streaming' for some undetermined length. They seem to have a thing for slowdown effects this time but otherwise solid stuff.

[youtube]mX46e4GtlXM[/youtube]

[youtube]_mDxcDjg9P4[/youtube]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)