2017/18 (Soccer) Football Thread

Who do you reckon will win it though?
On paper, France and Germany have talented squads but you need more than talent to win tournaments. Look at Portugal drawing their way to victory last Euro.
I'm Portuguese so I was happy that they won, I think Brazil or Argentina can make a statement too this year

Nah, we're still here :-)

Couple of naive mistakes from the young TAA decided the game. Not the end of the world since our target is Top 4.
With luck, you might drop points twice (you have City I think) to allow us to nab 2nd :-P

UEFA couldn't have fixed a more boring draw for the semis. We make it to the last 8 and got an English team while Barca, Madrid and Bayern avoid each other. The 4 spots left should be easy to guess too (not confident against City).

Meanwhile, Jose seems to be having a meltdown for some reason.

charizard8888

Catch The Wave
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Predictions for the Quarter Finals
Barcelona Vs AS Roma
Barcelona is in good form isn't that their whole season and I can't see them tripping.

Bayern Munich Vs Sevilla
I'd say no brainer though anything can happen in football.

Juventus Vs Real Madrid
This is a really tough one, both teams are equally good but I think Madrid might have the edge over Juve.

Man City Vs Liverpool
This prediction might sound weird given the fact that Man City have been almost flawless the whole season (With a few defeats in which the outcome didn't really change the future) Liverpool have defeated Man City this season, I'm not basing this prediction of that but I feel Liverpool with Salah might just go and win this matchup too.

Brace for thrilling semi-finals.

Argentina being a laughing stock yet again. And the 'pundits' here were proud because they defeated Italy last week... bonus point for Sampaoli being a jerk and bringing all the youngsters and first-timers right when the match went from 'heavy loss' to 'humilliation'. Bustos, Tagliafico, Meza, Lo Celso, Pablo Pérez, Lautaro Martínez and Pavón didn't deserve this (not listing Caballero as the sub was forced).

I can't wait for Messi and his clique to disappear after this World Cup, which will surely be a disaster.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)