2018-19 NBA Thread

Fuck the scumbag Raptors fans that cheered KD's injury. You know it's bad when your own players are telling the fans to stfu.

To counter the argument that the fans at the arena are just the rich assholes, there are multiple videos surfacing from Jurassic park as well as local bars with fans chanting "fuck kd" etc. Way to keep it classy Canada. Showing your true colors and swing the sympathy/karma in the warriors favor.

Edit: also now video of raptor fans cursing/heckling steph's mom as she moves from transportation van into hotel in toronto.

Tl;dr fuck classless raptor fans

I've never understood the whole "Canadians are nice" stereotype. Are they just not in Toronto? I lived there for five years and other than the cleaner air than I'm used to which helped with my allergies, I can't think of a single thing I liked about my time there.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Since apparently there's a distinct lack of perspective in this thread...
What a win for the Warriors. Half their team is playing injured and they got guys that are/should be out, gritted through a road elimination game vs an elite team that were an 18-0 run away from sweeping them.

Also, credit Fraudiola Nick Nurse for calling a timeout to stop his own team's momentum.

I fucking love Draygoat.
Nurse had to take the time out when he did due to the rules, otherwise he was going to lose 2 of his 4 remaining timeouts. Your opinion on whether those two additional timeouts are worth a momentum trade off.
Fuck the scumbag Raptors fans that cheered KD's injury. You know it's bad when your own players are telling the fans to stfu.

To counter the argument that the fans at the arena are just the rich assholes, there are multiple videos surfacing from Jurassic park as well as local bars with fans chanting "fuck kd" etc. Way to keep it classy Canada. Showing your true colors and swing the sympathy/karma in the warriors favor.

Edit: also now video of raptor fans cursing/heckling steph's mom as she moves from transportation van into hotel in toronto.

Tl;dr fuck classless raptor fans
First, literally every single other fan base out there including the Warriors would have cheered in the exact same situation. Opposing team star player goes down from non-contact without appearing to be in significant pain at first glance, every single fan in that situation is happy that your team's chances of winning just went up. By the time he was leaving the court the arena was chanting "KD" because they understood what was going on. Have some understanding of emotions in the heat of the moment vs emotions a few seconds later before you start calling a country classless.

I've never understood the whole "Canadians are nice" stereotype. Are they just not in Toronto? I lived there for five years and other than the cleaner air than I'm used to which helped with my allergies, I can't think of a single thing I liked about my time there.
This post is related to basketball how? There's plenty of things you could have found to like if you'd bothered to look, that you didn't is completely on you.

Unfortunate loss, credit to Draymond for getting that finger on the shot, I'm still confident in our chances to close it out. Raps shot terribly from 3 point range, Kawhi had a pretty terrible game by his standards (turnovers, handles weren't there) until he went beast mode late, neither of which should be expected to persist, and the Dubs won't have the advantage of Durant's spacing to open up as many threes early on as he did for them.

Be glad to see them take it home at Oracle. Board Man gets paid.

This post is related to basketball how? There's plenty of things you could have found to like if you'd bothered to look, that you didn't is completely on you.
Raptors fans, the majority of whom are Canadian, have a reputation of being nice, and thus I'm riding on the wave of people realizing they're not so different from other fans. Bad eggs in every basket, such as that Jazz fan who got into it with Westbrook earlier this season.

lmao talk about being triggered. Toronto is a shit city to live in. Nice place to visit for a short time I guess, but a shit place to live in. Maybe try visiting some place other than North America and broaden your horizons.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Raptors fans, the majority of whom are Canadian, have a reputation of being nice, and thus I'm riding on the wave of people realizing they're not so different from other fans. Bad eggs in every basket, such as that Jazz fan who got into it with Westbrook earlier this season.

lmao talk about being triggered. Toronto is a shit city to live in. Nice place to visit for a short time I guess, but a shit place to live in. Maybe try visiting some place other than North America and broaden your horizons.
Who's the one who's triggered exactly? You're the one acting like a jackass talking shit about a city without provocation then extending that to attacks against me. You don't know a single thing about me or the places I've visited, so kindly take a minute to do some self-reflection on the personal ugliness you're demonstrating right now.

The fact that you feel some need to "expose" Raptors fans speaks to your own insecurity. Every single Canadian is well aware we're the same as anyone else, the reputation for "niceness" is entirely attributed by people of other nations after interacting with people here. Maybe take a moment and think about why you don't have that same reputation after the display you're putting on here.

You don't know a single thing about me or the places I've visited, so kindly take a minute to do some self-reflection on the personal ugliness you're demonstrating right now.

Maybe take a moment and think about why you don't have that same reputation after the display you're putting on here.
Oops, I'm Canadian. Maybe take your own advice.

Also I'm not quite seeing the personal attack I unleashed on you.

Honestly as bad of a look as that was for Toronto, they can take solace in the fact that they will never be as bad as Philly fans

Bull Of Heaven

99 Pounders / 4'3" Feet
is a Pre-Contributor
I have friends who are 100% certain they would never want to live in Toronto, and friends who are 100% certain they never want to leave. I like it a lot, but it’s not for everyone. Fair enough. Not a worthwhile argument.

Wasn’t aware of the fan issues last night (I watched in an apartment with a small group), was disappointed but not shocked this morning. Not really interested in the “every other fanbase does it” “defense” though. That just means a lot of other people have also done something they shouldn’t.

Edit: But also, as a Raptors fan who never celebrates injuries, it would be nice if the internet would spare me the whole “their fans don’t deserve it” thing.

Last edited:
There's a lot of finger-pointing going on trying to put blame on the organisation for misdiagnosing the initial injury, or even letting KD play at all when he still had ice packs on his calf/Achilles and clearly not ready to play. Then there's the "KD cleared himself to play" group even though there was a report that some within the organisation were annoyed that he wouldn't play through and injury like DeMarcus/Iggy/Looney have been doing.

Not sure what to really make of it tbh. I don't think any side is solely responsible for the injury, though it would be insane to say there wasn't any pressure on KD to play and you can't blame him for succumbing to it.

Rich Paul said:
They (the Celtics) can trade for him (Davis), but it’ll be for one year. I mean: If the Celtics traded for Anthony Davis, we would go there and we would abide by our contractual [obligations] and we would go into free agency in 2020. I’ve stated that to them. But in the event that he decides to walk away and you give away assets? Don’t blame Rich Paul.
Rich Paul is a boss lmao, did a full interview here to tell the Celtics to fuck off.

Kawhi Leonard: Shout out Spurs for misdiagnosing my injury and Popovich for thinking DeMar DeRozan can be put in the same conversation as me.

Never forget that LeBron's Heat couldn't three-peat, Curry's Warriors couldn't three-peat, Popovich's Spurs couldn't win two in a row, and the Lakers will remain the only team to three-peat in the past two decades for another 2 years, minimum.

Congratulations to Alex McKechnie (to this day I don't understand why we got rid of him), Marc Gasol, Jodie Meeks, Jeremy Lin.

Also Patrick McCaw winning 3 rings in his first 3 seasons is hilarious. Surpassed Norris Cole.

Torn ACL for Klay. Playing through that hamstring injury and 5 straight finals runs will do that to you. Warriors got a lot of stuff to deal with this summer with their top two free agents out the majority of next season.

I think tonight is the closest I've been to throwing-up drunk.
Go all-in. Drink, throw up, rinse and repeat. You don't get to celebrate championships very often. Celtics have only done so once since 1987.

KD's calf and Achilles, Klay's hamstring and ACL. Good on Uncle Dennis and Kawhi for not bending the knee to Fuhrer Popovich pressuring him to play last season when he wasn't ready.

Kawhi Leonard said:
A lot of people thought I was faking the injury or didn’t want to play for my team & that was disappointing to me. So just going through that, I knew I just had to trust myself. It doesn’t matter what anyone had to say about me.
cc: Spurs, Popovich, Tony Parker

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)