UU 2018 UnderUsed Championships - Finals [Won by robjr]

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Pearl vs Gondra - I think Pearl is probably the most complete player in this tour, comfortable with playing any old gen as well as being able to build for all of them whereas I’m not convinced Gondra has the same familiarity, particularly with the old gens. However he is a really good player, so my money is on this going to 3 games but Pearl making it through.

edi0n vs Amane Misa - I think I predicted this the other way in open but I’ll go for the same result as back then, I think edi0n’s in game execution is a little bit better and he showed a willingness to go to an older gen last round despite being a relatively new player, meaning Misa will have to prep across all gens as opposed to just SM which I probably would’ve bet on edi0n picking as his preferred tier before the tour. Again I don’t think this will be a beatdown, but I think edi0n will come through some close ones.

Shiba vs Kushalos - surprise surprise I’m rooting for my fellow smasher and the guy that beat me! In all seriousness Shiba is comfortable enough with all old gens and SM to take on whatever series comes along, I think the main challenge will be making sure he’s ready for something potentially unconventional from Kush, as he’s definitely a very creative player. Interesting set!

Lycans vs robjr - I probably had the hardest time picking a winner for this one out of them all, as this is a cool set between two uu “mains” who have a lot of experience from the big team tours. I’ve gone with Lycans and consequently all the higher seeds as I think he’s just a touch more consistent than rob, who I think is definitely capable of handling himself in this matchup but probably has more off days than Lycans overall, I feel anyway. He also picked up a nice dpp win over HT while I’m not really sure what rob’s uu old gens background is like apart from I think he used to ladder in oras, so maybe Lycans has an edge there.

Cool matchups, seeing all 4 go to 3 games would be absolutely no surprise, gl to all

justdrew

is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
Shiba Today at 3:14 PM

More people write champs predix

Here are my predictions:

Pearl vs Gondra (70:30) - Pearl has proven to be one of, if not, the best UU players during this years tour circuit. Placing high in UU Open and winning Grand Slam Pearl has proven his consistency in both building and battling. Although Gondra is a great opponent and has proven so in Majors and against Sage, I have to pick our tier leader to win this match.

edi0n vs Amane Misa (60:40) - Sadly I have to bet against my friend Misa on this one. As someone who lost to edi0n in UU Open, a tour he went on to win, I can attest first hand to his skill. His teams are solid and he has played very well so far.

Shiba vs Kushalos (60:40) - Shiba has done well in tours this year and with his skill in old gens I think he can bag a win versus Kush. I haven't seen a lot of activity from Kushalos and in terms of practice and consistent UU play I think Shiba has the advantage this match.

Robjr vs Lycans (51:49) - Like the Lycans versus HT match this is a very hard to bet on. I have to go with my gut and choose Rob. He has been more active in tours this year and out of both these players I've watched him battle most. I think he is on par with Lycans and his UU playtime this year will make him slightly better. I look forward to this match.

Last edited:

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Congrats to those that have made it to the semi-final round --

This post has been deleted because formatting is annoying.​

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
gratz misa, well deserved win and good luck in the rest! I still don't understand why i played so unnecessary risky game 1 and once again forget to check the imports before the game.

And for lycans and the others, who were wondering what Hydras last move was

hydra.png

ggs nonetheless.

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
OUPL Champion
Can someone respond to me about this because im shaking with anger right now. Ive made clear which times i was available and they didnt happen to work out. hogg pmd me that if i could promise to get it done by friday that he would prefer that over a coinflip which i can make possible. This is as long as amane misa can stay up after midnight on friday which should be possible since his weekend is from friday until saturday for whatever reason.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Sorry for the earlier post, folks. Kushalos and Amane Misa have had significant scheduling snafus, beginning with a misunderstanding about their originally scheduled date. They were given the opportunity to find a time within the next week to avoid a coin flip, and were unable to do so. However, Kushalos was subsequently able to find a time that fell closer to Misa's originally stated period of availability, so we are giving them one last opportunity to get the game done and avoid a coin flip into Finals. Thanks to everyone for their patience.

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
won vs Kushalos in 2 ggs
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7uu-409428
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7uu-409429

game two was a bit haxy but I enjoyed the series a lot since both games, especially game 1, were really tense, and made me think a lot before clicking a move.

we also had a lot of troubles schedulings, but Kushalos was really nice and lenient and offered a time in a day he couldn't originally play but I could. shoutouts to him! really happy we got to play the match and avoid a coinflip.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)