LC 2019 Little Cup Championships - Finals [Won by Osh]

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD

Art by EV

Welcome to the playoffs of the 2019 Little Cup Circuit! 16 players have battled their way through 11 months, 5 tournaments, and over 500 competitors to rise to the top and a chance at winning the 2019 LC Circuit and being awarded with a ribbon
to prove their efforts. With just a few weeks to go, who will prove themselves the best player of the 2019 circuit? Will Osh manage a repeat of last year, or will this pool of players overcome the former champion? Either way, we can expect some high level Little Cup games.

Specific Rules:
  • This is a standard USM LC tournament
  • Matches are to be played on PS, either the main or the smogtours server
  • All rounds will be a best of three in this single elimination tournament, and you are free to switch teams during your series
  • The tier is LOCKED as of this post. Any changes to the SM Little Cup tier will not affect this tournament
  • All matches must have their replays recorded
Standard Rules and Clauses:
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Sleep Clause: You cannot inflict sleep upon more than one member of the opposing team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned.
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
General Tournament Rules:
  • READ AND UNDERSTAND THE GENERAL TOURNAMENT RULES FOUND HERE
  • VMs are the main thing that matters for activity. Read this scheduling guide.
  • tl;dr Use VMs to schedule with your opponent to make it easier for me to track activity calls when needed. If you use other methods to contact your opponent outside of VMs, then post in this thread confirming you're in contact with your opponent; otherwise, it's not necessary. Extensions for those with time conflicts will only be given when proof is provided of scheduling with their opponent in the beginning of the round (first 2-3 days). Do not schedule last minute expecting to be compensated in case of timezone conflicts or be given an activity win over your opponent. No excuses.
  1. Star - 1042 points
  2. LilyAC - 712 points
  3. Osh - 675 points
  4. BurntZebra - 642 points
  5. Luthier - 642 points
  6. frisoeva - 532 points
  7. Serene Grace - 465 points
  8. EternalSnowman - 462 points
  9. Wabane - 457 points
  10. Coconut - 425 points
  11. Pohjis - 410 points
  12. Acehunter1 - 400 points
  13. Heysup - 365 points
  14. Shrug - 357 points
  15. Plas - 342 points
  16. trace - 341 points
Note: Xizaaa with 468 points elected not to compete in playoffs. Ties were broken through winrate.

Round 1

Quarterfinals

Semifinals

Finals

Art by the amazing Accelgor

Deadline: Sunday December 22nd, 11:59 PM EST

Remember that replays are mandatory!​

Last edited:

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Hey, Merritt is it still possible to ask for an extension? I finished my finals yesterday, kinda messed up by forgetting to check my Smogon forums today, and Luthier is busy tmr. Is it still possible? Srry for the late notice.
Schedule a time with Luthier, any extensions will run until Wednesday at 11:59 PM EST, if you two can't arrange a time during that period then I'd prefer not to put extra strain on the next round match against Heysup by waiting to make an activity decision then. An extension beyond Wednesday will not be granted.

RE: LilyAC vs. Plas

Situation: LilyAC and Plas were matched up for the round of 16 of the LC Championships. Plas opted to give LilyAC the win shortly before the deadline instead of playing their series. Not only did this give LilyAC a free win towards a potential ribbon, but it also prevented the #17 seed in the LC Circuit to take Plas' place if they didn't intend on playing for the ribbon.

Result: Plas will be tournament banned for 3 months.

This is the third time I've had to make a post about uncompetitive behavior in this year's Circuit Championships across three different circuits resulting in two tournament bans and two more infractions. If these tournaments aren't being taken seriously, then maybe we'll have to rethink our approach across the board.

:psyangry:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)