OM 2019 OM Championship - Finals [Won by Andyboy]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finals
12/ Jrdn vs 15/ Andyboy

Deadline to complete your matches is January 20th 11:59pm (UTC).
alrighty here we go, I managed to get both predictions right last week so time to do this one final time :P

Jrdn vs Andy

AG(Jrdn) - Ok so like firstly I think jrdn might just have a heart attack if he gets predicted to lose another ag match this tour looool. But fr Jrdn's been v solid at this tier and has proclaimed himself that he enjoys the tier which is never a good sign if ur playing him lol. Think Andy is solid enough too but jrdn got more experience playing ag, having played it competitively for quite a while now in like omgs and agpl where he went 4-1 really recently. Hes also like 3-0 this tour so far in it so im expecting him to round this off with another win in it.

MnM(Andy) - Alright so normally id actually take jrdn in an mnm match vs like the 3 mnm mains in stresh, Andy and chazm, cos I back jrdn as the fact that he doesn't have as much material to prep for makes it harder for those 3 I feel, cos theyr not sure what to bring while jrdn is relatively more free to bring something he thinks looks cool. That being said I think this time I can see Andy coming out on top, largely because jrdn is gonna struggle with finding someone to prep with, as most of the ppl who would otherwise help him are gonna either be neutral or helping Andy I feel. Either way I can see this being a v good match to watch as jrdn will prob rock up with some heat, while Andy probs brings something solid.

BH(Jrdn) - Right so neither player likes this tier but im going with jrdn here just cos I think he has more experience being forced to play this tier in past omgs's and stuff. Think both will be fairly well prepped with good teams, and it'll probably be a fairly whack game with the odd misplay and rng shifting momentum one way or another. Idk this is some pretty shit analysis but im probably as clueless as it gets when it comes to bh so :shrug:. Can deffo go both ways tho.

AAA(Jrdn) - Think this one should comfortably go to jrdn ngl. Like dont get me wrong, for someone who hasn't really played the tier that much before this tour Andy has been solid, although I wish we coulda seen him in aaa last week cos all we have to go by are 2 games where he stalled and won in a mirror and a tough matchup. That being said, jrdn has the significant advantage here in playing experience, not to mention Andy is limited by the fact that he doesn't have the building experience so will have to use either a known team or have someone prep for him which is again advantage jrdn. The only way I can see Andy winning this one is by cheesing and getting lucky at preview, cos realistically in an even mu I dont think his chances are particularly high barring some significant rng.

ZU(Jrdn) - Honestly idk the tier at all. Ive enjoyed watching the zu matches that ive watched so far, like its a fun tier I just haven't really paid enough attention to it at all ngl. Id still take jrdn here as I think hes just the stronger player but I dont know enough to say much more.

Congrats to both on making it to finals! Jrdn obviously had to get through the bracket of death which is v impressive, but equally so despite a weaker half Andy has been v impressive, especially in his r1 decisive win over jeran. Hopefully this is a great series and nice finale for gen 7!

Lost the meta everyone expected me to win and won the rest ggs to good friend Jrdn wasn't the clean series we both hoped for i'm sorry about that.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmega-1048861258
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-1048871734
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7almostanyability-1048881450
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-1048893657

Gen 7 OMs have been a blast i'm really going to miss them hopefully we get an opportunity to play some of these in the future. I was introduced to this community through playing on jrdn's OMPL team over a year ago now so it was pretty cool that we ended up meeting here in finals. With that said, I didn't know how to play most of these metas very well prior to this tournament and thus certainly didn't trust myself to prep in anything outside of MnM.

Shoutouts to Jrdn, Catalystic, xavgb, Racool, GL Volkner, highlighter, Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request), Pigeons, Quantum Tesseract, Dj Breloominati♬, LPY, czim, 5gen, Quagg, and Chazm for teams. I sincerely apologize if I forgot anyone but I am never shy about asking for teams and general explanations on how to play some of the matchups so thank you for your willingness to help! Special shoutout to Gmansour20 who cheered me on every week and tested with me a ton. Same goes for TheCoastsOfToast as always. Seasonals for this years OM Circuit are already happening so if you want to be involved be sure to keep an eye on those. Till then see you all later and thank you again!

Last edited:

pdt

is a Past SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
who knows if i’ll come back for gen 8 but gen 7 has been fun, great run Jrdn thanks for using my shit even it didn’t work out

congrats to Andyboy you definitely have raised your bar as a player since you joined the om community and i look forward to watching you both in the next gen hopefully

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)