PU 2019 PU Circuit Playoffs - Finals (Won by HJAD)

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Congrats to the Top 2 players in the PU Circuit for making it this far! All of the tournaments have finally let to this point. Now the Top 2 players will play to determine the winner of the Circuit and will be awarded with the PU Circuit Ribbon
ribbon.png
!

Specific Rules:
  • This is a standard SM PU tournament.
  • This tournament will be a single elimination tournament.
  • All rounds will be best of three.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!.
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts replays of the match, regardless of whether you confirm that your opponent won, your series will be coinflipped unless you can provide replays. We will not disqualify both players, but we will coinflip the series, not because we don't believe that you played, but because the replay rule ensures everyone is on an even playing field, as stated. If you wish for your replays to stay hidden, you may PM them to me instead.
  • PU is a usage based tier. Essentially you can use anything that is not in a higher tier; NU effectively serves as the PU banlist. However, there are several Pokemon banned from PU which are not in NU or a higher tier; aka BL4.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Sleep Clause: You cannot inflict sleep upon more than one member of the opposing team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned.
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
General Tournament Rules:
  • Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  • Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
  • Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

rexus.png
vs
hjad.png

1. Rexus vs 2. HJAD

Last edited:
Rexus vs. HJAD - yeah, nice series, time to go back to being a useless Fortnite main Rexus. The only Circuit you'll ever win is the Rainbow Track on Mario Kart bro, and I even have my doubts there :puff:
I honestly think that even though HJAD has a fair chance of beating Rexus, this post is really toxic and anybody that doesn’t see why is retarded.
Using words phrases such as “useless Fortnite main” and “The only _ u will ever win is...” is discouraging and - frankly - extremely rude. Also, if u can be toxic m8, two people can play at one’s game. So I bet the only thing ur good for is writing useless dumb comments on threads. And getting reported of course.

gl again HJAD and Rexus.:mehowth:

fran17

(1999)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I honestly think that even though HJAD has a fair chance of beating Rexus, this post is really toxic and anybody that doesn’t see why is retarded.
Using words phrases such as “useless Fortnite main” and “The only _ u will ever win is...” is discouraging and - frankly - extremely rude. Also, if u can be toxic m8, two people can play at one’s game. So I bet the only thing ur good for is writing useless dumb comments on threads. And getting reported of course.

gl again HJAD and Rexus.:mehowth:
You HUMILIATED this clown, thanks

after much johning, many whines at the club, much donner kebab scoffed and a few too many drinks. i have overcome my fellow dedenne Rexus in 2 games, ggs brotha
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-1041576833
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-1041596909

shoutouts:
dibs people will seemingly never gas you as long as you dont play, so my one goal in life will be to make sure u get gassed into the next dimension cause you deserve it brotha. you made modern day PU (well at least what i use and what the dedennes used) and its about time people acknowledge your big brain, much love
Teddeh i feel like over the years, youve sorta adopted the role of my proxy big brother. will always back you and love you, you have made my time on this site far more enjoyable and id like to think vice versa.
Taskr you could not live with your own failure, and where did that bring you? right back to me. -thanos. come to papa big boy, we have work to do.
yogi another person who doesnt get enough credit for what they're worth. you have more creativity in your fingernails than most people on the site will ever have. appreciate you my brotha
poh you'll have your time brotha. Ill always believe in you and back you when it counts. your one of the few people who is genuine and i feel like im talking to a person, as opposed to a character who am i trying to unravel.
Anty Tricking honchkrow Alpha Rabbit love u boys loads
Shaneghoul love u brotha, this is for you.
Dundies idfk what ur alt is but LMAOOOOO U GOT 6-0d like 4 years ago hahaha
Megazard whats up guys its megazard here and we are back with untier talk, i have my cohost with me here hjad, say hi, ..., and we are gonna talk about ltpl week 2786421. so lets get into the games...

there are loads of other shoutouts i could do but honestly i probably couldnt list out everybody that i would want to, so im just not gonna bother. Shoutouts to the PU community. You guys at large, no matter how many people called this a joke tier and how many people were mean and toxic to you over the years, youve stuck together and im glad such an active and intelligent playerbase is thriving on smogon. You guys genuinely make waking up every day to hive of activity in the pu discord so much better, and I couldnt have asked for a better group to call my peers and bretheren. Love you all lots, collectively pat yourselves on the back for making such a beautiful community, and lets 'av it for gen8!

shoutouts to the UK community; similarly to PU. we were (rightly) mocked and joked for how trash we were at OU, and this may still be the case. But one thing that ive seen never stop despite our attrocities and chokes on the battlefield is the sense of belonging, community and friendship we have developed over the last few months and years. There is one thing that is for certain, we will never give up, and never give in. This year will be our year to establish us back in the big leagues with a new gen, and id like to thank you all for sticking about, keeping active and being genuinely good lads. UP THE FUCKIN ARSE(nal)!!!!

I'm personally so glad to have come out with the ribbon. For PU it means that a Mainer keeps his grubby hands on something very easily taken away by bigger and better players and proves that the project we are building here is worth keeping an eye on in the future. But on a personal level, with how much time, attention and focus ive invested in this tier and community, there is no more fitting end in my eyes at the very least. God bless and see you on the battlefield in WW3 gen8 pu!

UberSkitty

Assist Skitty was too broken for NDUbers
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
I don't know which stalls more: HJAD's r1 stall team or HJAD's non-johning

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)