Votes: 112 20.9%
  • Cory Booker

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Marianne Williamson

Votes: 19 3.5%
  • Mike Bloomberg

Votes: 12 2.2%

• Total voters
What is your point? He clearly was just being sarcastic.
Right. Let him disavow the sentiment.

“My candidate didn’t win so I hope the world burns” is an unpalatable position for anyone who genuinely supports progressive causes. We’re watching in real time deaths due to the science denial induced lethargic response of COVID-19. But four more years of that will teach all the Biden voters a lesson, right?

this is such bullshit. time after time the DNC shows blatant favoritism towards a certain nominee, putting them on track from the start to win the nomination no matter what real competition they have. when the republicans tried to do this with jeb bush last time around, they saw how the tides were turning with trump and cut the bullshit immediately. when will the democrats follow suit? unlike trump, our guy isn't totally fucking insane lol. it is clear that the democrats wanted biden to be the nominee from the start, and it's clear that they had to try really hard to make it seem like he's the candidate everyone was behind. well we know the candidate everyone was truly behind, and i am proud to be a supporter of his until the very end. that man is john delaney.

john delaney is a patriot, and his message lit a spark in the american people unlike any we have seen in modern politics. instead of letting this momentum spread, however, the democratic establishment chose once again to spit in the face of john delaney, stomping out his campaign blatantly and brutally. they could not do this in a subtle way, like they did with lincoln chafee in 2016, because the momentum President Delaney carried was far too strong.

as soon as the fascist democrats saw delaney turning heads, they knew their time was up. JANUARY 13 2020: chuck oftenburger, a pollster with a near perfect record, predicted delaney to sweep the caucuses, especially in the always important iowa caucus. JANUARY 15 2020: delaney gains an extremely impressive endorsement from constitutional law professor and leftist thinker henry marquad. this was just the start. delaney was setting some extremely strong groundwork for his candidacy. and these are just the endorsements and observations from the powers that be... this does not even take into account delaney's long career in politics as a beloved congressman and his history in developing grassroots movements that deliver what the people want. the democrats were scared. and boy did they have a reason to be.

JANUARY 31 2020: delaney shocks the world by suddenly withdrawing from the race. now this was a huge surprise to most, myself included. why would someone with such impressive momentum withdraw prematurely? how about we look at the headlines? oh wait, that's right, none of the corrupt mainstream media news outlets deemed this arguably historic moment in politics worthy of a goddamn headline. the same media owned by the DNC (this is one of the things trump is right about). delaney's candidacy was swiftly swept under the rug right in front of our eyes, and the democrats, in a typical effort to promote their beloved joe biden, pressured the media and even public universities in key states to end all discussion on the topic. the sick bastards.

well guess what joe biden? you will NOT be getting my vote. i don't care how much i hate trump, i can't keep supporting this. i turned the other cheek when you guys force hillary clinton down our throats in 2016 when the people CLEARLY wanted lincoln chafee, but god damnit i can't go for this again. something needs to change, and if the big bad orange man is the bitter medicine the DNC needs to take to finally accept that it has a problem, then so be it. i will suffer for 4 more years. i will endure for the greater good. i will sit out of this election so the next john delaney doesn't get completely and utterly shafted... hopefully.

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
The above but Yang. Purely anecdotal and probably pointless, but I live in a conservative (read: rural) area and the general consensus was “fuck bernie, fuck biden, fuck Pocahontas, but yang’s cool.” I caucused for Bernie but thats something that stuck w me, it seems like Yang was the only one that commanded any amount of respect from the people I was near.

Hope Yang takes what happened with his 2020 campaign and comes back to wash these losers (minus Bernie) in 2024

BIG ASHLEY

ashley
is a Community Contributor
Right. Let him disavow the sentiment.

“My candidate didn’t win so I hope the world burns” is an unpalatable position for anyone who genuinely supports progressive causes. We’re watching in real time deaths due to the science denial induced lethargic response of COVID-19. But four more years of that will teach all the Biden voters a lesson, right?
out of trump & biden, i'd pick biden. that doesn't change the fact that he's a shit candidate. i'm not expressing a desire for trump to win - not in the slightest - but, realistically, trump's more likely to win.

this discussion has happened time and time again in this thread. please learn your lesson. calling out the lesser of two evils is not an endorsement of the greater.

SergioRules

||blimp||
A day after Bernie suspending his campaign (remember, not fully dropping out) and I'm just getting more and more angry and depressed about it but I can finally attempt to put all of my feelings into words.

Here we are as a younger generation presented with a candidate who wants to relieve crippling student loan debt, create an affordable health care program as well as other public safety nets, resolve major issues of climate change, and overall move the country toward a much more progressive system. And instead, the DNC chooses to back a candidate with no real policies, an F on the issue of climate change, one who has actively fought to cut social security and said he would veto a universal health care bill even if it passed the Senate, and continues the "business-as-usual" political system we've had for so long. Not to mention the fact that he has several credible sexual assault accusations against him.
Institutional Democrats don't care about people, they only want to improve their own best interests.
Fuck this take. I do hope the world burns. I hope Trump wins another four years and the DNC realizes that their younger base will actively turn against them. Do I want this to happen? Absolutely not. But do I expect it to? 100%. What I want is for these centrist Dems to realize that the people they're putting on pedestals aren't really Democrats, they're just Republicans who favor gay marriage. Just try and convince me that Biden, HRC, or even Obama would've handled this pandemic differently.

Last edited:

Stratos

Banned deucer.
A day after Bernie suspending his campaign (remember, not fully dropping out) and I'm just getting more and more angry and depressed about it but I can finally attempt to put all of my feelings into words.

Here we are as a younger generation presented with a candidate who wants to relieve crippling student loan debt, create an affordable health care program as well as other public safety nets, resolve major issues of climate change, and overall move the country toward a much more progressive system. And instead, the DNC chooses to back a candidate with no real policies, an F on the issue of climate change, one who has actively fought to cut social security and said he would veto a universal health care bill even if it passed the Senate, and continues the "business-as-usual" political system we've had for so long. Not to mention the fact that he has several credible sexual assault accusations against him.
Institutional Democrats don't care about people, they only want to improve their own best interests.

Fuck this take. I do hope the world burns. I hope Trump wins another four years and the DNC realizes that their younger base will actively turn against them. Do I want this to happen? Absolutely not. But do I expect it to? 100%. What I want is for these centrist Dems to realize that the people they're putting on pedestals aren't really Democrats, they're just Republicans who favor gay marriage. Just try and convince me that Biden, HRC, or even Obama would've handled this pandemic differently.
we found the exact bernie fan mikedawg has been strawmanning

...[Establishment Democrats are] just Republicans who favor gay marriage. Just try and convince me that Biden, HRC, or even Obama would've handled this pandemic differently.
Do you mind me asking what you mean at the end about the pandemic?

You speak of the response as though it has been bad (and I for one wouldn’t say that it has been good) and imply that the Sanders wing would have handled it better in a way that even average democrats wouldn’t have. Are there particular policy views that lead you to this conclusion, or is it more of a “politicians generally are slow to respond, but my team knows better” deal? I’m guessing the former, but I can’t tell what you specifically mean, so I’m curious what your opinion is.

SergioRules

||blimp||
Do you mind me asking what you mean at the end about the pandemic?

You speak of the response as though it has been bad (and I for one wouldn’t say that it has been good) and imply that the Sanders wing would have handled it better in a way that even average democrats wouldn’t have. Are there particular policy views that lead you to this conclusion, or is it more of a “politicians generally are slow to respond, but my team knows better” deal? I’m guessing the former, but I can’t tell what you specifically mean, so I’m curious what your opinion is.
I think speculation on how any certain politician would react to a pandemic of this scale is just that, speculation. I do, however, think that the candidate who has unwaveringly proposed M4A would've had a better response to it than those who have fought against those kinds of programs.
Wasn't going to acknowledge this but I'm not even a Bernie bro lmao

glad you're preserving his legacy from beyond the smogon grave
history repeats itself because the dems never had to do any introspection as to why they lost. clinton always deflected toward russia, comey, or whatever have you as opposed to her own shortcomings not campaigning in key swing states and calling half the electorate deplorables. she had to pull dnc hackery to put down a fledgling senator from vermont, lol. they genuinely believe that 2016 was a blip, and think replacing clinton people in the DNC with obama people (perez and co) constitutes any sort of meaningful change. obama literally told people to vote as if his own name was on the ballot, and the entire fact that 2016 was a referendum on his legacy seems lost to so many. a return to normal is never going to be possible.

ftr i think they would've been slightly better in terms of handling the response because the trump administration's response was absolutely comical; with the knowledge we had so far in advance (apparently it was all the way back in NOVEMBER they had intelligence briefings on this), it almost seems hard to have fucked it up this bad. you're right in that the institutional factors that let this happen and especially the complete inability of the government to negotiate pharmaceutical prices wouldn't change one bit; we'd still be seeing the ridiculous profiteering that's going on right now, just in a more subtle fashion and papered over with better MSM-approved rhetoric.

out of trump & biden, i'd pick biden. that doesn't change the fact that he's a shit candidate. i'm not expressing a desire for trump to win - not in the slightest - but, realistically, trump's more likely to win.

this discussion has happened time and time again in this thread. please learn your lesson. calling out the lesser of two evils is not an endorsement of the greater.
Realistically, that statement is wrong. Long term polling suggests Trump will lose, and lose handily. The only thing your statement is based on is the obvious bitterness that Bernie didn't win.

Glad you got that all out. It's okay to be frustrated but politics is not just a game. People are dying because of Trump's incompetence. This country is about to endure depression-esque economic meltdown, also due to Trump's incompetence.

"Democrats are just Republicans who favor gay marriage" is 100% false. Please don't spread right-wing propaganda. As for this pandemic, the Obama-Biden administration prevented both major outbreaks from becoming major domestic calamities. But dear leader Trump had to gut the pandemic response team. But, we gotta show the all the DNC brainwashed Biden voters, right?

history repeats itself because the dems never had to do any introspection as to why they lost. clinton always deflected toward russia, comey, or whatever have you as opposed to her own shortcomings not campaigning in key swing states and calling half the electorate deplorables. she had to pull dnc hackery to put down a fledgling senator from vermont, lol. they genuinely believe that 2016 was a blip, and think replacing clinton people in the DNC with obama people (perez and co) constitutes any sort of meaningful change. obama literally told people to vote as if his own name was on the ballot, and the entire fact that 2016 was a referendum on his legacy seems lost to so many. a return to normal is never going to be possible.
The 2016 election was a blip. Even the Trump administration knows this; hence why he got impeached over trying to muddy Biden. Maybe we can set aside self-righteousness and let data do the talking.

The 2018 election was the largest electoral landslide since watergate. So far, polling for 2020 is identical to 2018. Kingler12345 Why do you feel the data is wrong?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)