2v2 Doubles

Rumplestiltskin

I will rain lels all over you and you will drown in them
Originally created by Anty
Approved by The Immortal

Banner by Rumplestiltskin

Welcome to 2v2 Doubles! In this metagame you play in the doubles format, but you battle with only 2 pokemon, and once those 2 pokemon faint the battle is over.
You are allowed up to 4 pokemon in a team, but of course you only pick 2 of them at team preview.

The main difference from Doubles OU (Doubles Basics section is recommended reading) is the limitation to only 4 pokemon in a team and the further limitation of only being able to use 2 of them, and that there is no switching. These are simple changes that can have a massive impact on how the battles are played and what the metagame is about.
For example you cant force an opposing pokemon out by moves such as Whirlwind as a counter-play to setup and you can't switch out if your pokemon has been debuffed and statused.

2v2 Doubles will rely on the Doubles OU bans (might make exceptions for bans irrelevant to 2v2 Doubles), and bans (and potential unbans) relevant to 2v2 Doubles can also happen since it's its own meta with fundamental differences from Doubles OU. The Perish Song ban is an example of such a ban.

• Standard Doubles OU clauses
    • Endless Battle Clause: Players cannot use any moveset on any Pokémon capable of intentionally causing an endless battle.
    • Evasion Abilities Clause: Players cannot use a Pokémon with the Sand Veil or Snow Cloak ability.
    • Evasion Moves Clause: Players cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize.
    • Moody Clause: Players cannot use a Pokémon with the Moody ability.
    • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold.
    • Species Clause: Players cannot have two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number on the same team.
  • The following moves are banned from play
    • Dark Void
    • (Gravity + any move which can induce sleep) on the same team
    • Perish Song
  • The following Pokemon are banned from play
    • Mewtwo
    • Lugia
    • Ho-oh
    • Kyogre
    • Groudon
    • Rayquaza
    • Dialga
    • Palkia
    • Giratina, Giratina-O
    • Arceus
    • Reshiram
    • Zekrom
    • Kyurem-White
    • Xerneas
    • Yveltal
    • Shaymin-Sky
  • The following items are banned from play
    • Salamencite
    • Kangaskhanite
    • Soul Dew

Tips for players:

- If you already play 1v1, this metagame is relatively easy to get into since it has a similar concept and 1v1 pokemon are very useful here. Putting 4 1v1 pokemon in a team is a good way to start, and then making changes if needed.
- If you already play Doubles, thinking of what would be good if there was no switching allowed is a good start.

Playing this metagame is currently possible in Pokemon Showdown! via the challenge option. 2v2 Doubles tournaments are also being regularly held in the Tournaments chat room, and something like once a day in the Other Metas chat room.

On top of those, an official 2v2 Doubles tournament is held in the Other Metas chat room in Pokemon Showdown! every Sunday at 22:00 UTC.

Last edited:

Rumplestiltskin

Bans
-Kangaskhanite

Initial discussion post here (read it please). I have since then kept playing 2v2 Doubles and my thoughts have only been reaffirmed, that Mega Kangaskhan is too strong and too centralizing for 2v2 Doubles.

-Shaymin-Sky

Doubles OU has banned Shaymin-Sky, which results in it being banned in 2v2 Doubles as well. I trust Doubles OU's tiering process and have been following the suspect discussion. I don't see any difference about 2v2 Doubles that would challenge that ban.

Last edited:

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Ok to start this off I think we need to revisit suspecting Mega Kangaskan. It's extremely potent in this metagame, and a conclusion wasn't made last time.

dusk raimon

Banned deucer.
Ok this thread is kinda dead, but I'll post what I think on mega Kang suspect.

First off straight away gonna say I believe mega kang shud be banned because not only has it got an amazing ability in parental bond effectively making all its moves "choice banded" but also because of its above average bulk. With 105/100/100 defenses it can tank almost all attacks in this meta even with speed evs, and even more attacks with hp evs. It's viability is only boosted by a great attack In conjunction with parental bond, althought it doesn't have the best speed tier. Onto its movepool, it has the perfect movepool with doubles as with fake out it can provide a turn of set up or a free hit for its partner which would have been koed by an attack from the mon kang faked out. With its dual prioirty (fake out, sucker punch) it can also mitigate it's subpar average speed tier, or let another mon set up tailwind while it fake outs. All in all mega kang is a very broken mon.

Ban kang

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
So this thread has been really dead, but I personally think it's past time that Mega Kangaskhan was banned. There are very few checks and counters to it, and they ALL can be beat by the proper teammates. It demolishes so many of the best cores in 2v2, and can beat almost any team with correct prediction. Literally every single check I thought of or have seen gets demolished by the right partner. Here are some replays I went out and got with a team built around supporting Mega Kangaskhan.

vs. VenuZard
Most of the time vs. VenuZard, they will both use Protect, then Venu will Sleep Powder. Obviously that didn't happen in this battle, but Taunt prevents it either way, and Khan can focus on KOing Zard Y. Then, both can attack Venusaur, eliminating it easily. Any Prank Taunt user works in this scenario, beating the standard VenuZard core. So while a fast sleep is generally a decent stop to MegaKhan, a team built around beating its weaknesses can easily handle it, as seen here.

vs. a team with Aegislash
Aegislash is one of the better checks to MegaKhan, as it can live anything it tries and do a lot back. However, in this replay, Sableye burns the Aegislash, thus neutering it if it was physical w/ Sacred Sword, while MegaKhan handles the teammate.

vs. Spread Moves
One of the more common strategies in 2v2 doubles, getting demolished by MegaKhan + a teammate.

vs. Inner Focus Pokemon
Inner Focus is theoretically a good strategy for checking Mega Kangaskhan, however all of the common users are easily defeated. Lucario, Mega Gallade, and Dragonite all hate Will-O-Wisp, and Alakazam dies to Sucker Punch, even if it has a Sash.

vs. Quick Guard on a Pokemon faster than MegaKhan
This is also a decent way to check MegaKhan, as it prevents it from using Fake Out or Sucker Punch. However, this is rather obvious, and MegaKhan can choose to attack with a move (such as Frustration), and again, it DOES have a partner as well. The first time you fight someone, they will generally go for Quick Guard, and after that it just comes down to predictions for the most part.

vs. VenuZard again
This time, my opponent DID go for Sleep Powder as Sableye used Taunt, getting Taunted and defeated even easier than the previous time I fought VenuZard. No offense to Whis, and I'm not saying he's bad by any means, as that is what he was "supposed" to do, and why VenuZard is generally a good MKhan check, I just wanted to show how easy it is to counter said strategy.

vs. TTar/Exca
This is another very common core in 2v2 doubles, easily demolished by MKhan + a teammate.

vs. Double Ghost Stall
Double Ghost is quite possible the BEST counter to MKhan, as it needs to be Scrappy in base form to hit it, or run Crunch (as I did lol), as generally they will Wisp (for Jelli/Dusc/Sable) or Sub/KS (for Aegi). A partner with Taunt easily defeats this premise and allows MKhan to spam the Super Effective Sucker Punch against these Ghosts.

vs. a regular team
MKhan screws teams lol

Note: I used both Crunch and Drain Punch in these matches, however generally I would run Crunch, as Ghosts are a pain in the ass, and Drain Punch really doesn't hit too much imo (apart from TTar/Exca, but Wisp lol)

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
Shiny: Yes
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Frustration
- Sucker Punch
- Crunch / Drain Punch / Earthquake

Keldeo @ Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Quick Guard
- Icy Wind

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Recover
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play

Throh @ Focus Sash
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Wide Guard
- Storm Throw
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide

MegaLop, with a faster Fake Out than MKhan, is another mon used to check MKhan, but Keldeo has an even faster Quick Guard, so while I didn't get a replay vs. it, this team can still handle it. Sashed mons can generally be relied upon to counter many strong wallbreakers, however Parental Bond makes such a strategy laughable against Mega Kangaskhan. I didn't even spend very long at all on this team--I added a Prankster Taunt Stallbreaker Sableye for bulkier mons/Venu, a Wide Guard mon as spread moves are common in the meta, and Quick Guard Keldeo for Fake Out MLop and opposing MKhan, as well as Icy Wind support. Selecting which mons to use obviously comes down to prediction but the mere EXISTENCE of MKhan immediately gives you the advantage, and forces your opponent to consider VERY carefully when selecting which mons to use, generally going to their counter, allowing you to bring the partner that threatens said counter. This means that it is very difficult to defeat when used properly on a good team, especially when considering teambuilding limits (4 mons to beat the ENTIRE META). It is overcentralizing garbage that requires multiple counters ON THE SAME TEAM to be able to defeat it, and even then they can be overwhelmed (see: the Double Ghost replay above).

TL;DR: BAN THIS MOTHERFUCKER -->

edit: i forgot to point out that the majority of these replays are against relevant and good 2v2 doubles players, so it's not like i beat low ladder scrubs and was like "ban plz"
also gonna keep adding replays until it's banned kek
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/2v2doubles-306628866
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/2v2doubles-308616949
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/2v2doubles-308623663
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/2v2doubles-308627022
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/2v2doubles-308779325
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/2v2doubles-308782699
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/2v2doubles-314401732
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/2v2doubles-314405457
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/2v2doubles-314411649

Last edited:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/2v2doubles-313611953
Finals of a roomtour, kanga+whimsi is dumb even though kanga didnt do anything that game

After having used Kanga all my 2v2 teams (read: 1), I think I can say with confidence that it's banworthy. Its raw combination of Fake Out and power and bulk while combined with a partner that may do practically anything it wants while the opponents are scared of Fake Out (or are actually hit by it), and the threat of being Encored into Protect if that partner is Whimsicott make Kangaskhan extremely powerful. I'd also like to call Deoxys-A to attention, as taking it out in one turn requires that either a) you double-target it and pray it doesn't protect or b) your Kangaskhan isn't outsped and OHKO'd by it. With Kangaskhan leaving the meta soon, double-targetting Deo-A means that its partner may do whatever it wants with your two pokes, and that it probably outspeeds and does significant damage to the other one of yours. This is really unfair and definitely warrants a suspect.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Something I'd like to add is that some fairly common threats are Aegislash, Talonflame, Whimsicott, Sableye and Alakazam are pretty common, and plenty of other good/common things that match up well on fighting types. Like, I can say the best 2v2 team I have is fighting spam but all of those are really obnoxious for it, and the only reason I'd call it good is because lots of Fightings capitalize on Kanga's one weakness. The meta just generally isn't kind to the things that give Kanga a harder time, which is pretty big.

Rumplestiltskin

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/2v2doubles-313611953
Finals of a roomtour, kanga+whimsi is dumb even though kanga didnt do anything that game

After having used Kanga all my 2v2 teams (read: 1), I think I can say with confidence that it's banworthy. Its raw combination of Fake Out and power and bulk while combined with a partner that may do practically anything it wants while the opponents are scared of Fake Out (or are actually hit by it), and the threat of being Encored into Protect if that partner is Whimsicott make Kangaskhan extremely powerful. I'd also like to call Deoxys-A to attention, as taking it out in one turn requires that either a) you double-target it and pray it doesn't protect or b) your Kangaskhan isn't outsped and OHKO'd by it. With Kangaskhan leaving the meta soon, double-targetting Deo-A means that its partner may do whatever it wants with your two pokes, and that it probably outspeeds and does significant damage to the other one of yours. This is really unfair and definitely warrants a suspect.
Regarding mega kanga, that has been my experience as well, needing to deal with kanga while also not losing to its partners, which might also let the opponent not even pick kanga and get a really good matchup against you.

Regarding Deo-A, I'd rather not speculate too much about what happens with Deo-A without mega kanga in the game because it would need actual experience and testing to figure out. However, I can say right now that Deo-A hasn't been a problem for me at all to handle with the various pokes I've tried and used. It always gets taken down to the sash, and multi-target moves are very viable for doing that and getting some damage in on its partner as well. Protect is also a good way to deal with its damage as it doesn't use any multi-target moves. It will almost always have Psycho boost, which means that if you have recovery or used a sub, you wont have to deal with that special damage again. Overall, my experience with it has been that it gets removed from the battle very easily and early, after it either having done a number on my team or not, which I think is not too bad of an exchange.

Rumplestiltskin

Pretty dead, but wouldn't it be worth to create some form of viability ranking concidering the fact Kanga is now banned and we are looking at a different metagame?

We also have Deoxy's-A that can be argued more on.
The problem with having viability rankings at this stage is that it's very probable that not nearly all of the possible viable pokes and strats have been discovered yet. Most people are simply using the sample teams, which doesn't make for much diversity or many pokes to consider for a viability ranking. Making a viability ranking at this stage would further set in stone the current pokes used, most of which simply is what was used during the time 2v2 Doubles had a ladder when the meta was new and undeveloped.

My stance on Deo-A remains unchanged for now, but by all means feel free to discuss it.

An issue I've wanted to bring up here is Sleep Clause. Should it be added to 2v2 Doubles?
I've checked the Doubles OU suspect discussion on it a bit, and from the reading I've done so far it looks like Sleep Clause was removed to make offense more viable, and to punish low-skilled unprepared teams, justified by the fact that it's relatively easy to deal with by focusing the sleep inducer, taunting it, using aromatherapy, safety goggles, and/or safeguard.
However, in 2v2 Doubles the team is much smaller and thus has much more limited tools to deal everything.
Feel free to check the thread I linked and discuss this!

Another potential issue is that Doubles OU is suspecting Jirachi, and since 2v2 Doubles follows the Doubles OU banlist Jirachi will get banned here if banned in DOU unless there's something specific about 2v2 Doubles that disagrees with the reasons Jirachi is banned. Feel free to take a look at the Jirachi suspect discussion and give your thoughts here!
I've read the entire discussion, and I'm not quite convinced yet that Jirachi should be banned, but if it is, do you guys see a difference about 2v2 Doubles that justifies keeping it here?

Reactions: DEG
The thread is inactive because nobody is making an effort. And if it's inactive, it ends up on page 3, so it stays dead. If someone makes an effort, it will stay on page 1 and attract more users, which itself creates more activity.

You could hold mini-tours or something in this thread Rumplestiltskin.

CorruptedOmega

Banned deucer.
An issue I've wanted to bring up here is Sleep Clause. Should it be added to 2v2 Doubles?
I've checked the Doubles OU suspect discussion on it a bit, and from the reading I've done so far it looks like Sleep Clause was removed to make offense more viable, and to punish low-skilled unprepared teams, justified by the fact that it's relatively easy to deal with by focusing the sleep inducer, taunting it, using aromatherapy, safety goggles, and/or safeguard.
However, in 2v2 Doubles the team is much smaller and thus has much more limited tools to deal everything.
Feel free to check the thread I linked and discuss this!

Another potential issue is that Doubles OU is suspecting Jirachi, and since 2v2 Doubles follows the Doubles OU banlist Jirachi will get banned here if banned in DOU unless there's something specific about 2v2 Doubles that disagrees with the reasons Jirachi is banned. Feel free to take a look at the Jirachi suspect discussion and give your thoughts here!
I've read the entire discussion, and I'm not quite convinced yet that Jirachi should be banned, but if it is, do you guys see a difference about 2v2 Doubles that justifies keeping it here?
I don't think we should go around adding clauses and banning things willy-nilly since this meta is very under played and unexplored. There is no way for us to accurately judge the brokenness of something right now. Also, banning Jirachi is a silly idea. It's being suspected in Doubles OU for its incredible supportive traits (namely its movepool, typing, and access to Follow Me), but it has almost zero offensive presence. That doesn't really fly in 2v2, where every mon needs to pull it's own weight. Powerful spread attackers (which are incredibly common) render Follow Me, useless. All in all it's just not a good mon in 2v2, and certainly isn't worthy of a ban.

Rumplestiltskin

There is no way for us to accurately judge the brokenness of something right now.
Also, banning Jirachi is a silly idea. All in all it's just not a good mon in 2v2, and certainly isn't worthy of a ban.
Which is it?

There is some merit to both statements, but it is indeed possible to judge the brokenness if something broken enough makes itself apparent.

Jirachi hasn't been used much in 2v2 Doubles and thus not many people have experienced battles with / against it, therefore it's a bit too early to just brush it off as nothing just yet.
You make the point that the difference in 2v2 Doubles is that each poke has to pull it's own weight here, but the main threat discussed in the DOU suspect, Belly Drum Azumarill is equally viable here, not to mention the Belly Drum Custap Berry Snorlax which exclusively is viable in 2v2 Doubles. And the spread moves that you say invalidate any reason to ban Jirachi in 2v2 Dobles are the same spread moves used in DOU.

I'm not saying this is reason enough to ban, but then again I'm not as experienced in Doubles nor do I have much experience with Jirachi in 2v2 Doubles to say it shouldn't be banned just yet. So at this point if DOU bans Jirachi, it will be banned here.
However, if you or anyone else can provide enough proof that Jirachi is different enough in 2v2 Doubles it will not be banned.

CorruptedOmega

Banned deucer.
the spread moves that you say invalidate any reason to ban Jirachi in 2v2 Dobles are the same spread moves used in DOU.
The difference in 2v2, however, is how frequently strong spread attackers are used. Pokemon such as Mega Gardevoir, Mega Charizard Y, and Landorus Therian, among others, dominate the meta – from my experience at least. If you don't believe, try them out for yourself; I guarantee you won't be disappointed.
You make the point that the difference in 2v2 Doubles is that each poke has to pull it's own weight here, but the main threat discussed in the DOU suspect, Belly Drum Azumarill is equally viable here, not to mention the Belly Drum Custap Berry Snorlax which exclusively is viable in 2v2 Doubles.
This is just not so; Azumarill fares significantly worse in 2v2. Often times it can't afford to waste a turn setting up (if its ally gets KO'd then it's a 2 on 1, it can get hit hard by spread attackers, etc.), and the popularity of VenuZard or just Charizard in general often makes it a liability. BD Custap Snorkax is just a horrible mon that loses to Wide Guard, Protect if it clicks Explode, Steel-types, Ghost-types, and basic competence (while also running into the same problems Azumarill has with setting up).

In a meta filled with spread attackers which negate it's primary supportive role (namely redirection with Follow Me), Jirachi struggles to stay afloat among the competition. Most of the time you'd be better off using a different mon in place of Jirachi, what with you only being allowed to choose four Pokemon for your team.

Last edited:

Matame

New Rules
problems with OM's like this is that they are relatively undiscovered and untested and due to their playerbase mostly consisting of a few ladder regulars even at that things are given zero room to develop, so banning things is kinda stupid because its difficult to determine whether something is broken or not due to lack of competent players to play between each other to determine whether said mon is broken or not. Again, making assumptions on certain mons is dumb because there are so many things to factor in 2v2 situations that heavily differ from 6v6 doubles, of which would be almost impossible to simply think out.

The Immortal is right. You should host some minitours for this if you ever hope to give 2v2 some form of a cloud.

Rumplestiltskin

The difference in 2v2, however, is how frequently strong spread attackers are used. Pokemon such as Mega Gardevoir, Mega Charizard Y, and Landorus Therian, among others, dominate the meta – from my experience at least. If you don't believe, try them out for yourself; I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

This is just not so; Azumarill fares significantly worse in 2v2. Often times it can't afford to waste a turn setting up (if its ally gets KO'd then it's a 2 on 1, it can get hit hard by spread attackers, etc.), and the popularity of VenuZard or just Charizard in general often makes it a liability. BD Custap Snorkax is just a horrible mon that loses to Wide Guard, Protect if it clicks Explode, Steel-types, Ghost-types, and basic competence (while also running into the same problems Azumarill has with setting up).

In a meta filled with spread attackers which negate it's primary supportive role (namely redirection with Follow Me), Jirachi struggles to stay afloat among the competition. Most of the time you'd be better off using a different mon in place of Jirachi, what with you only being allowed to choose four Pokemon for your team.
I had just implied that the currently used pokes in this meta shouldn't hold much weight if any at all, so telling me what's being used as an argument doesn't help much. Indeed if going by the most used pokes right now Azumarill doesn't seem that good, but the currently most frequent pokes and strats are not necessarily the only good pokes and strats, Azumarill could fare well against the others.
And regarding Snorlax, Wide Guard is not used frequently at all, and are you implying that everyone is going to use steel and ghost types in every match just because Snorlax exists?

Anyway, DOU has decided to keep Jirachi, and for reasons discussed here I don't see Jirachi as a problem in 2v2 Doubles yet, which means that Jirachi stays in 2v2 Doubles.

problems with OM's like this is that they are relatively undiscovered and untested and due to their playerbase mostly consisting of a few ladder regulars even at that things are given zero room to develop, so banning things is kinda stupid because its difficult to determine whether something is broken or not due to lack of competent players to play between each other to determine whether said mon is broken or not. Again, making assumptions on certain mons is dumb because there are so many things to factor in 2v2 situations that heavily differ from 6v6 doubles, of which would be almost impossible to simply think out.

The Immortal is right. You should host some minitours for this if you ever hope to give 2v2 some form of a cloud.
OK, first of all, if a poke is broken enough it will make itself apparent regardless. You do have a point about the difficulty of finding broken pokes, but that's where the DOU suspects come in handy. Sometimes it's easy to see if there's a difference in 2v2 from 6v6 and sometimes it isn't, it's not as difficult every time as you make it out to be. Also if the difference isn't too big from DOU, 2v2 Doubles will still follow the Doubles OU banlist for now, for simplicity's sake.

Second of all, 2v2 Doubles doesn't have a ladder on PS!, it's available as a challenge option, which also makes it playable in tournaments on PS!. The tournaments chat room on PS! holds 2v2 Doubles tours fairly often with a large amount of players joining many times. However, the problem is that many of those players just use the sample teams, and that none of them post on Smogon or this thread at least. Which is a contributing factor to the lack of development.

Other than that, yeah, a minitour here would be cool, might happen soon.

lost heros

Meme Master
I had just implied that the currently used pokes in this meta shouldn't hold much weight if any at all, so telling me what's being used as an argument doesn't help much. Indeed if going by the most used pokes right now Azumarill doesn't seem that good, but the currently most frequent pokes and strats are not necessarily the only good pokes and strats, Azumarill could fare well against the others.
And regarding Snorlax, Wide Guard is not used frequently at all, and are you implying that everyone is going to use steel and ghost types in every match just because Snorlax exists?

Anyway, DOU has decided to keep Jirachi, and for reasons discussed here I don't see Jirachi as a problem in 2v2 Doubles yet, which means that Jirachi stays in 2v2 Doubles.

OK, first of all, if a poke is broken enough it will make itself apparent regardless. You do have a point about the difficulty of finding broken pokes, but that's where the DOU suspects come in handy. Sometimes it's easy to see if there's a difference in 2v2 from 6v6 and sometimes it isn't, it's not as difficult every time as you make it out to be. Also if the difference isn't too big from DOU, 2v2 Doubles will still follow the Doubles OU banlist for now, for simplicity's sake.

Second of all, 2v2 Doubles doesn't have a ladder on PS!, it's available as a challenge option, which also makes it playable in tournaments on PS!. The tournaments chat room on PS! holds 2v2 Doubles tours fairly often with a large amount of players joining many times. However, the problem is that many of those players just use the sample teams, and that none of them post on Smogon or this thread at least. Which is a contributing factor to the lack of development.

Other than that, yeah, a minitour here would be cool, might happen soon.
For the minitour, do you think it'd be possible for people to register teams ahead of time and reserve those Pokemon for only that one player? So we don't have a bunch of VenuZard Y's in the tour? It could really help 2v2 to expand, in my opinion.

Rumplestiltskin

For the minitour, do you think it'd be possible for people to register teams ahead of time and reserve those Pokemon for only that one player? So we don't have a bunch of VenuZard Y's in the tour? It could really help 2v2 to expand, in my opinion.
Seems kind of unfair that 1 player gets access to a certain poke while the others don't. For it to be competitive either everyone or no one should have access to a certain poke. The closest thing to what you're suggesting is a "ban happy tournament", where each player gets to "ban" a poke/item/ability/move from use for everyone in the tour. Which also isn't too bad of an idea, a ban happy minitour might be fun and might have the effect you wanted.

lost heros

Meme Master
Seems kind of unfair that 1 player gets access to a certain poke while the others don't. For it to be competitive either everyone or no one should have access to a certain poke. The closest thing to what you're suggesting is a "ban happy tournament", where each player gets to "ban" a poke/item/ability/move from use for everyone in the tour. Which also isn't too bad of an idea, a ban happy minitour might be fun and might have the effect you wanted.
Sure, just whatever is necessary to actually stimulate experimentation instead of just rehashes of current pokes and strategies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)