2v2 2v2 Doubles

The nice thing about the room is that it kinda provided a level of playability similar to a ladder, which allows people to show off their innovations. I’ll share a few of my thoughts:

:Melmetal:

As centralizing as many people think. It's amazing, and you have to run some sort of special fire coverage or Will-o-Wisp to beat it, and it synergizes very well with TR builds. I also saw some users using bulldoze Dusclops with it, which is a cool tech to outspeed Torkoal and also allows you to run WP and just bash checks. Really hope it gets banned.

:incineroar:

It's shown to be really good, and I see Arcanine probably needing to drop because of it. For lack of recovery, it has fake out and a nice prankster immunity, along with dark STAB. Should probably rise.

:excadrill::tyranitar:

These things kinda dropped off as of recent due to the use of sun just being a hindrance to them. I could see them dropping

:Torkoal::venusaur::Charizard:

Sun’s getting better and better. Should rise.

As always, thanks for playing 2v2 (or reading if you’re passing by) and have a nice day.

bea

I COULD BEA BANNED!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator
I just here to post a team to beat the annoying Sun
Pelipper @ Iron Ball
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Shock Wave
- Hurricane
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
:Pelipper:
Now the 1st thing you might wonder is Iron Ball? Yep, this is Made to get Rain up against Torkoal. It Doesn't help that some Torkoal run 116 Speed to beat melmetal. and if Torkoal runs Iron Ball no Specs for it which hurts it greatly.
Shock Wave is their because Pelipper doesn't need much coverage but it has the boon of beating Gyarados and Opposing Pelipper with this nice.
Hurricane is its main STAB move and so is Hydro Pump with Rain Boost and Stab Boost that if you don't miss
Ice Beam is there for Neutral Coverage.
Barraskewda @ Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Fang
- Waterfall
- Psychic Fangs
:Barraskewda:
This Pokemon is made to fit with Pelipper.
Except to use Waterfall A lot, CC, Ice Fang, and Psychic Fangs are Coverage.

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Bulldoze
- Trick Room
- Night Shade
- Will-O-Wisp
:Dusclops: and :Melmetal:
Melmetal @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Double Iron Bash
- Earthquake
- Darkest Lariat

As centralizing as many people think. It's amazing, and you have to run some sort of special fire coverage or Will-o-Wisp to beat it, and it synergizes very well with TR builds. I also saw some users using bulldoze Dusclops with it, which is a cool tech to outspeed Torkoal and also allows you to run WP and just bash checks. Really hope it gets banned.-Pokesartoolcay and I 100% Agree

IBM

Banned deucer.
9599AA45-A404-421F-B990-C1400A87BFCB.jpeg

Suggesting VR shifts for 3 particular mons
:Zeraora: Rank 3 -> Rank 2
:Pincurchin: UR -> Rank 5
:Raichu-Alola: UR -> Rank 5
These mons work so well together I just needed to get this out there. Not gonna do a huge post about the meta because melmetal still exists.

While electric terrain’s damage boost got nerfed this gen, the amount of mons that can counter electric terrain strats was lowered as well. Banded or Shuca Zeraora tears through the meta right now with Plasma fists and Close Combat nukes, and when boosted by electric terrain from pincurchin or helping hand from Raichu, becomes a serious threat. Nothing can reliably live 2 hits from zeraora.

Pincurchin is a good user of electric terrain and enables such shenanigans from zeraora. It has decent support options like memento and thunder wave to neutralize a would-be threat, and can also work as a healer to zeraora with discharge.

Raichu is a good abuser of electric terrain because it’s surge surfer ability lets it run 0 speed and still outpace most of the metagame, reaching 512 speed. It can use helping hand to support zeraora or become a strong electric nuke alongside pincurchin.

Overall, the whole is better than the sum of its parts, and these 3 mons have really good chemistry together and can pull of wins against all odds.

Seeing as I've become top 3 in points and am now quite familiar with the tier I'd like to talk about the tier as a whole, this will be somewhat rambling I plan to make a more in-depth post after the Melmetal suspect.

-Starting off with public enemy number one, Melmetal. I feel this thing is quite overhyped tbh. I mean it's incredibly strong w/ good coverage but it requires too much team support. You essentialy need TR or After You support if you want any chance of dealing with sun or fire types. Rotom-H, Arcanine, and Inceniroar feel like hard counters Rock Slide and HH don't do nearly enough to dispatch them. Then again with proper play and support, this thing can easily nuke anything as well as making fairy & rock types obsolete for the most part. I'm undecided but I'm leaning towards No Ban although this can easily change as with good support this thing is a huge menace.
-Sable and Mew are both still very good. Sable effectively means clicking Protect is unsafe and assuming you can dispatch the other side's mon it can still 1v1 a lot of things. In addition to setting up rain & sun, this thing is still solid even in 2v2. I'd put it in Tier 3. Mew is not only excellent support w/ Fake Out, Helping Hand, and After You, but it is actually quite scary offensively. It has an insanely good movepool and 100 is not bad. I've been using this squad to good effect. Honestly, I think it'd make a solid sample team.
-Sand has suffered from Melmetal existing as sun is everywhere trying to snipe Melmetal w/ weather ball. Rain exists but I'm not a huge fan of having to use Pelipper. Sun is the best rn imo, Vena is incredibly strong and Torkoal can take out slow stuff w/ enough speed.
-Finally, I thought I'd go through each mon that suffers or benefits from Melmetal's inclusion.
Tier 1
Arcanine +
Excadrill -
Tyranitar -
Melmetal N
Tier 1.5
Dragapult N
Incineroar +
Indeedee-F N
Torkoal +
Whimsicott ultra -
Tier 2
Darmanitan-Galar N (CB is scary for Melmetal)
Ferrothorn - (Fire types are everywhere)
Hatterene -
Pelipper - (Sun and tpunch)
Togekiss -
Scrafty +
Venusaur +
Tier 3
Braviary -
Charizard +
Corviknight N
Hydreigon N
Gastrodon +
Gyarados N (intimidate is nice but tpunch is scary)
Hitmontop +
Jellicent +
Kommo-o N
Mew + (offensive is a good lure and it is great support)
Milotic +
Necrozma N
Oranguru +
Rhyperior -
Rotom-W +
Rotom-H +
Sylveon -
Zeraora N
Not going over tier 3 or 4 most are pretty niche anyways.
It could be seen as unhealthy that certain mons have better or worse viability because of Melmetal and I'd tend to agree, however I still think there is a fair amount of counterplay.

Well there we are. I'm really enjoying 2v2 and I'd be fine with Melmetal staying or going, both seem equally interesting metas.

Arai

aka the situation
is a Community Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The issue with melmetal is that as long as it has that team support it is very hard to actually deal with. A lot of pokemon aren’t the monsters that they are on their own but when they get paired with x support they suddenly dominate the meta and that is a problem.

Rhyperior @ Choice Band
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 48 HP / 208 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Heat Crash
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake

Togekiss @ Choice Specs
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Grass Knot
- Flamethrower

Vikavolt @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Bug Buzz
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Flash Cannon

Blastoise @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Follow Me
- Scald
- Attract
- Fake Out

This is good team. make it sample

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)