Metagame 350 Cup

Sectonia

But I set fire to the rain
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
hello hello

I apologize for the lack of activity on the ban front the last few weeks, but I am here now to inform that Chazm and I discussed a few topics of concern, and we will be moving ahead with three bans - Zacian-Crowned, Calyrex-Shadow, and Moody. Each of the bans shouldn't need much explaining, but to recap what was discussed - Zacian-C is as oppressive as it was in other metagames, and forces the use of Slowpoke, Hippopotas, or other fringe Zacian answers to properly prepare for it. Calyrex-S has probably even fewer defensive checks, but it demands a dark type to properly check it, which is difficult to fit in the current meta thanks to Zacian-C. Moody is just a classic case of RNG, and I'm not sure why this was missed when making the ban list, but it's being rectified now.

One other topic that we discussed but will not be moving forwards with at this time is a Pawniard unban - if the shakeup from Zacian-C, Calyrex-S, and Moody bans permits us, Pawniard could see a chance to return. For now, we'll wait and see how the bans pan out.

Tagging Kris to implement these when he can. Thanks!

UT

I chose this cyclone with you
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
1637677680334.png

It has been brought to my attention (thanks Eli) that Wishiwashi, with a measly 175 BST, would actually still qualify for stat doubling even after stat doubling once. I would like to propose a modification to game mechanics that would allow for any mon that is still sub-350 BST after doubling (which is literally only Wishiwashi) have their stats doubled again. This would give Wishiwashi a final stat spread of 180/80/80/100/100/160, and it would still be pretty mediocre, but hasn't Wishiwashi suffered enough? Doesn't it deserve our help?

Thank you for your time.

View attachment 387238
It has been brought to my attention (thanks Eli) that Wishiwashi, with a measly 175 BST, would actually still qualify for stat doubling even after stat doubling once. I would like to propose a modification to game mechanics that would allow for any mon that is still sub-350 BST after doubling (which is literally only Wishiwashi) have their stats doubled again. This would give Wishiwashi a final stat spread of 180/80/80/100/100/160, and it would still be pretty mediocre, but hasn't Wishiwashi suffered enough? Doesn't it deserve our help?

Thank you for your time.
But why? Technician doesn't work like that - it will only increase the power once. So, even if Bullet Punch is boosted to 60 BP, it will not have its power boosted again despite not being above 60.

:sm/cranidos:
And even though this thing didn't get to Sword and Shield, its base stats in 350 Cup sound like a total atrocity: 134/250/80/60/60/116. It, Krabby and Trapinch all have a higher base Attack than Kartana. Cranidos is the fastest of the three, and can use Rock Polish to further increase its Speed, or hold a Choice Scarf (which is really common for Cranidos sets in Gen 7 LC). Its low defenses make it somewhat susceptible to priority moves, but I can see it have use on Psychic Terrain-focused teams because Psychic Terrain makes it immune to priority moves.

An example set would be:

Code:
Cranidos @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Zen Headbutt
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Punch
It is quite good with Sheer Force too, but it also could run Mold Breaker because it can break through Ferrothorn without hurting itself due to Iron Barbs.

An example set with Sheer Force would be:
Code:
Cranidos @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Zen Headbutt
- Fire Punch
- Rock Polish
Sheer Force-boosted Rock Slide is weaker than Stone Edge, but it has 90% accuracy, whereas Stone Edge and Head Smash have only 80%. Additionally, Stone Edge and Head Smash have no secondary effects, and this means Cranidos will take Life Orb damage due to this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)