Metagame 350 Cup

350banner.png

Banner made by and stolen from Chloe
I'll make it look nicer later

350 Cup
Premise: 350 Cup is a metagame where all Pokemon with a BST of 350 or less gets their stats doubled. All of their stats get doubled, which can put them at the power level fo Ubers, or even stronger than them.

Rules:
All Pokemon with 350 BST (Base Stat Total) or below gets all of their stats doubled.

Clauses: Uber Clauses

Pokemon Bans: These Pokemon are banned from 350 Cup.
  • :Rufflet: Rufflet​
  • :pawniard: Pawniard​
Ability Bans: These Abilities are banned from 350 Cup.
  • Shadow Tag
  • Arena Trap
Item Ban: These items are banned from 350 Cup.
  • :eviolite: Eviolite
  • :light_ball: Light Ball
Sample Sets:
:sm/Stufful:

Stufful @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Hammer Arm
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance / Bulk Up

Stats: 140 / 150 / 100 / 90 / 100 / 100 (Original stats: 70 / 75 / 50 / 45 / 50 / 50)

The mascot of 350 returns! It still remains a fearsome Pokemon to face, especially with the disappearance of a lot of Pokemon. However, some threats have also emerged to hurt Stufful's strength.

Sizzlipede @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flash Fire / Flame Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fire Lash
- Lunge
- Power Whip
- Coil

Stats: 100 / 130 / 90 / 100 / 100 / 90 (Original stats: 50 / 65 / 45 / 50 / 50 / 45)

A newcomer from Galar, Sizzlipede certainly has the ability to turn up the heat. With decent coverage, Fire Lash, and Coil, it could certainly turn fearsome rather quickly. Underestimate it at your own peril. Unfortunately, a crippling Stealth Rock weakness could force it to run Heavy Duty Boots to avoid those, but it could certainly stand out on its own.

:sm/Clefairy:

Clefairy @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonlight
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Stealth Rock / Aromatherapy / Thunder Wave

Stats: 140 / 90 / 96 / 120 / 130 / 70 (Original stats: 70 / 45 / 48 / 60 / 65 / 35)

Clefairy suffers a little from the loss of Soft-Boiled, but it still remains a potent defensive Pokemon to worry about. It has a lot of flexibility on the last slot, which allows it to do quite a few roles depending on what its team needs.

Q&A

Q: Will Shedinja have more than 1 HP?
A: Shedinja is hardcoded to 1 HP, so no.

Q: Will Wishiwashi-School have doubled stats? If not, what's it's exact mechanic?
A: Wishiwashi-School will have normal stats with exception of HP, where it'll be doubled because it doesn't change it's HP upon transformation. So yeah, it will have 90 HP, rest are normal stats.

Resources

This meta is playable nowhere yet, but a gen 8 variant should be around soon!
Meta leader: SectoniaServant Chazm
Sample teams - post 2
Viability Rankings - post 3

Ban History:

(November 21, 2019) - Pawniard, Rufflet, Shadow Tag, Arena Trap, Eviolite, and Light Ball were banned.

Watchlist:

-Dynamaxing
-Darumaka-Galar
-Zacian-Crowned (Probably will get banned right away, but I didn't want to be hasty)
-Gastly

Last edited:

90 / 110 / 90 / 130 / 90 / 150
Santa got a few new toys this gen with Brave Bird, Drill Run, and a buffed Rapid Spin. It also now has the option of running Icicle Spear instead of Ice Punch.

100 / 70 / 160 / 100 / 180 / 60
That BULK. Like Orbeetle, Dottler is a Sticky Web setter with longevity.

144 / 160 / 98 / 80 / 98 / 80
Cufant is pretty bulky and very strong, though most of its coverage moves don't take advantage of Sheer Force.

80 / 90 / 90 / 148 / 108 / 100
It's Polteageist, but better.

80 / 80 / 120 / 80 / 120 / 20
Gossifleur is pretty bulky and has Regenerator, but its options are limited, and it's very passive.

100 / 142 / 80 / 80 / 80 / 138
Strong and fast, with pretty good coverage. Will be much better once its hidden ability is released.

100 / 130 / 100 / 80 / 80 / 130
Much faster than I expected. Like Scorbunny, it'll be much better once its hidden ability is released.

Nice to see this meta back so soon.
Since i got ninja'd when it comes to the new additions, guess i can still mention the one buffed thing that terrifies me the most.

130/90/86/110/86/144
Introducing the one new apocalypse sauce addition for our beloved bat: Nasty Plot.
Step 1 : Click Nasty Plot.
Step 2 : Click Stored Power.
Step 3 : idk you just won m8 (ok, maybe not yet)
Step 4 : Dynamax.
Step 5 : Click Max Airstream. (cuz' yeah, that thing can now boost its speed as well << )
Step 6 : Click it again for fun.
Step 7 : Click it yet again because

Step 8 : Click Stored Power again.
Step 9 : Click it one last time just to be sure.
Step 10 : Enjoy your magnificent 6-0!

On a more serious note...
Even though Stored Power is somewhat gimmicky when you can only raise one stat outside of Dynamax, this thing has other things going for it, like Psyshock. Which really hurts at +4 and allows it to bypass dedicated special walls without any form of respect, in addition to already doing the same thing with physical walls. And i really mean it.
+4 252 SpA Life Orb Woobat Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mantyke: 452-532 (117.7 - 138.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+4 252 SpA Life Orb Woobat Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Spritzee: 386-456 (74.8 - 88.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+4 252 SpA Life Orb Woobat Air Slash vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Spritzee: 255-302 (49.4 - 58.5%) -- 65.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+4 252 SpA Life Orb Woobat Stored Power (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Spritzee: 341-402 (66 - 77.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+4 252 SpA Life Orb Woobat Air Slash vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Ferroseed: 265-312 (69.7 - 82.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
(for what it's worth, it also gets Heat Wave if you really wish to slaughter Ferro even more - or more appropriately lure Zacian-Crowned)

+4 252 SpA Life Orb Woobat Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Clefairy: 465-550 (96 - 113.6%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
+4 252 SpA Life Orb Woobat Air Slash vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Clefairy: 255-302 (52.6 - 62.3%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+4 252 SpA Life Orb Woobat Stored Power (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Hippopotas: 651-768 (136.7 - 161.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+4 252 SpA Life Orb Woobat Air Slash vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Hippopotas: 489-577 (102.7 - 121.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:
Totally didnt just post this into the other thread but ill put it here now thanks ransei.

350 Cup actually was one of my favorites during the main time of Gen 7 so it makes me excited/sad to see new mons and nuked mons. Rest in pepperonis Espurr as the new Krookorok, as the mon closest to 350 BST who doesn't get the 350 boost (355 BST).

And now for some new mons thingies n stuf! And stuff! long post ahead

Dottler: Bug/Psychic, Swarm/Compound Eyes/Telepathy [100/70/160/100/180/60] [670 BST]
Featuring a shitty defensive and mediocre offensive typing, 60 speed, the best offense being a stat of 100 in 350 cup means that you've got virtually everything going against you (outside of that BST number, the highest of the new mons!). And then Sticky Web shows up. As probably the best and tankiest user of Sticky Web in 350 cup, Dottlerhas virtually no competition as the second best 'tanky' option would probably be Shuckle or Dewpider, both of which have their own slew of problems. On top of that, Dottler can (semi) function as a true tank with Recover or a more dedicated support with Dual Screens or even run Trick Room! It's just a shame that, in a generation with so many new TMs to abuse the hell out of all the coverage, Dottler manages to barely scrape by with Bug Buzz, choice of Psychic STAB, Shadow Ball and Energy Ball.

Cufant: Steel, Sheer Force/Heavy Metal [144/160/98/80/98/80] [660 BST]
THICC. Solid raw attack stat and decent bulk for an offense mon mesh well with a solid offensive and defensive typing and a wide movepool to make Cufant one of the best new mons for the generation. Life Orb Sheer Force works with Iron Head, Play Rough, Rock Slide and Zen Headbutt with fringe options of Superpower or Power Whip hit hard as hell. For those curious on memeing with Heavy Metal Heavy Slam, Rhyhorn is the only mon that would take minimal damage from it that gets the 350 boost (but Power Whip decimates it) and the three main Ubers for this generation all heavily outclass it weight-wise. I wouldn't recommend it.

Silicobra: Ground, Sand Spit/Shed Skin/Sand Veil [104/144/150/70/100/92] [630 BST]
With a very comparable to Hippopotas statline and the disappearance of Sandshrew to at least have more than 1 Sand Rush sweeper, Silicobra struggles with Drillbur to make sand function. The main pluses singular plus to Silicobra over Hippoman is Coil, extremely solid boosting move if Silicobra wasn't trying to set weather all the time by getting hit. Silicobra is also plagued with several many more problems, namely that Hippo has recovery, an actual list of coverage moves (Sandaconda has to make do with DRAGON RUSH.) and has better stats to fit the role.

Clobbopus: Fighting, Limber/Technician [100/136/120/100/100/64] [620 BST]
Painfully average. Sits with a decent movepool with tons of fighting options, Ice Punch, Sucker Punch and Liquidation with some niche moves in Taunt and Pain Split but doesn't have anything that it really does 'better' than Pancham, Stufful or Scraggy. It even struggles to find a use compared to Timburr, the Guts God who has Fighting STAB priority, or Machop, who can spam No Guard Dynamic Punch until it dies.

Grookey: Grass, Overgrow/Grassy Surge [100/130/100/80/80/130] [620 BST]
THIS THING'S ONLY PHYSICAL STAB IS WOOD HAMMER.
i fucking cant with this generation
Once Grookey gets Grassy Surge it'll become discount Bulu with slightly better stats, a worse movepool, worse typing and its main advantage being 130 speed. And maybe U-turn on top of that. Until then, though, Grookey has to suffer with being a pure Grass starter that at least has Hammer Arm and Knock Off.

Sobble: Water, Torrent/Sniper [100/80/80/140/80/140] [620 BST]
See: Clobbopus. One of the worst movepools in the entire game next to Silicobra, decent offenses but nothing spectacular compared to shit like Abra in last gen, Gastly, and Solosis. Mediocre abilities with one not even being available yet, pure water typing, yadayadayada. You could probably run Greninja better than this... wait.

Scorbunny: Fire, Blaze/basically protean [100/142/80/80/80/138] [620 BST]
Finally an actually cool Fire starter since a while. Scorbunny blew my socks off with how nice its final evolution is in several OMs (namely, Lopunnite Cinderace is absolutely terrifying and in Camo until it gets Protean Fire/Fighting actually works supremely well on it thanks to a wide physical movepool on both fire and fighting fronts), and here it's actually pretty cool! Blaze Kick sucks a bit for STAB but once Libero is released, High Jump Kick and Gunk Shot are super strong and available for it, plus the starter norm for this gen of U-Turn is there. And it has Priority in Sucker or Quick Attack which is nice.

Sinistea: Ghost, Weak Armor/Cursed Body [80/90/90/148/108/100] [616 BST]
Shell Smasher with a mediocre movepool in a generation without Hidden Power and two meh abilities? Oh boy! At least it hits hard as hell after a boost and 100 speed at +2 is super solid, just know that every Sinistea will be running Shadow Ball, Giga Drain and one the Psychic duo. Will-o's there but when you're not named Yamask and have Shell Smash not using it would just succ.

Sizzlipede: Fire/Bug, Flash Fire/White Smoke/Flame Body [100/130/90/100/100/90] [610 BST]
Fire Lash, Leech Life, Coil. Shitty defensive typing that probably can't make use of it which is a huge shame.

Darumaka-Galar: Ice, Hustle/Inner Focus [140/180/90/30/90/100] [630 BST]
A simple movepool update and typing change really went all the way into turning Darumaka into a hyper top tier threat. Ice sucks defensively but offensively its probably the best best thing after Fire. The 4 moveslot 'syndrome' that Darmanitan and Darumaka kinda had back in the previous gens entirely goes away when you fit Ice Punch into the moveset of 'Flare Blitz or Fire Punch/Earthquake/U-Turn' that nearly every of the Darm ditto carried. Hustle can turn Darumaka into a bonified offensive god reminiscent of its elder form in current OU while Inner Focus gives more consistency and the ability to ignore Fake Out at the cost of all that damage. It goes either way. If you have good hazard removal you could even dare to run Focus Sash or even a set with a bit of support in Encore or Taunt.

Yamask-Galar: Ghost/Ground, Wandering Spirit [76/110/180/60/130/60] [606 BST]
It's actually surprising how bulky 180 defense really makes a mon. I've had sweeps in BH with Zarcian-Crowned be stopped by a simple Runerigus because it was just too fat to accept death. With QuakeSlide, Yamask can hit decent numbers while Will-O'ing the entire enemy team, laying Trick Room and Toxic Spikes, or just making angry players rage quit beause local ghost man never dies

Meowth-Galar: Steel, Pickup/Tough Claws/Unnerve [100/130/110/80/80/80] [580 BST]
Worse Cufant.

...And a bunch more mons that I'm too lazy and uninterested to list here!

Also, there's the three main Ubers of Zarcian & Zamazenta (and their crowned versions) along with Eternatus, but I have absolutely 0 opinion on them since I haven't messed with them yet.

Yay 350 cup.

Last edited:

aVocado

I mean, where the fuck should I really even start?
is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
this has been freed for like 2 months now and i had no idea OMG

Sinistea @ Focus Sash / White Herb
Ability: Weak Armor / Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shell Smash
- Shadow Ball
- Stored Power
- Giga Drain

This mon is literally the reason I bothered SectoniaServant to submit this metagame again for gen 8 (the other being it's a great and fun meta but that doesn't matter as much tbh). it's so fucking cute.. it's literally a teapot :D

The mon also honestly has more options than I initially thought. The +2 attack boost can help with sucker punch to stop opposing priority, it also has will-o-wisp to cripple would-be switchins. I have no idea what the meta is like though so idk if running willo will be worth it. I honestly can't wait to start building for this meta again.

I will say this though: it's a fucking shame gastly doesn't learn nasty plot! was actually so disappointed when I realized that. Scorbunny's stats look promising but it doesn't have half the movepool cinderace does (including signatures like court change and pyro ball) which is sad but it still gets some nice options. I honestly think cinderace itself could be a threat in this meta just cuz of its movepool. I dunno the speed tiers for this meta yet but 119 with a scarf doesn't sound too bad.

This could also be the moment where larvitar shines since the mons have been watered down and it's not such a bad power creep after all :)

Can't wait to start theorymonning and playing this metagame with all of you!

Last edited:
Hi there!
Thanks to the OM Room having a discussion about 350 Cup, I believe I’ve gained a wider scope on what to expect! That being said, this is still subject to change, although I doubt it should change much.

First off, Zacian-C is certainly shaping up to be a much greater threat than it really has the right to be. I will be watching it very closely if we ever get the metagame released!

:sm/gastly:
Secondly, I will be adding Gastly to the watchlist. It was on a downhill slope at the end of the previous generation, but with the disappearance of Grimer-A, it’ll certainly be able to do a lot of things again. Disappearance in competition in the form of Abra is also a major selling point to using it, and it’ll certainly be a force to reckon with.

:sm/mareanie: :sm/hippopotas: :sm/growlithe: :sm/salandit:
Thirdly, many of the old pokemon that were good will certainly still be good in Gen 8. Stuff like Mareanie, Hippopotas, Growlithe, and more will certainly continue to do the same thing they did, and will get a chance to continue shining. That being said, with the disappearance of competition, other threats may rise up to be good in the disappearance of those competition/checks! I’ll be watching forwards to see what becomes an underrated threat!

Lastly, a secret potential elephant in the room might be Eternatus. It is very bulky, and it’ll certainly be versatile. It also has access to the coveted Toxic, in this limited metagame, and can certainly take advantage of that. Checks to it are still possible, and with the nature of 350 Cup, more will certainly be made to be able to stand up to Eternatus. Only time will tell, though.

Since dynamaxing is still legal for some reason, I bring to you, your newfound king, Arrokuda.

:Arrokuda:
Stats: 82 HP, 126 Atk, 80 Def, 80 SpA, 60 SpD, 132 Speed
Arrokuda @ Leftovers
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Psychic Fangs
- Substitute
- Close Combat

Arrokuda is one of the first Pokemon that come to mind when trying to exploit dynamaxing. Swift Swim is disgusting when the Pokemon has 126 base attack and base 132 speed. I put Substitute on it so that you don't just auto-lose to Ditto, which I forsee being banned after Dynamaxing goes (but we'll get to that later), and the other 3 moves are just some really disgusting Max moves (Psychic Fangs makes Psychic Terrain, CC boosts attack, Liquidation causes rain).

:Ditto:
Stats: 96 HP, 96 Atk, 96 Def, 96 SpA, 96 SpD, 96 Speed
The next Pokemon I wanna talk about, as mentioned, is Ditto. Any meta where Dynamax is legal will have Ditto be one of the best pokemon, and 350 cup will be no exception. It even has base 96 HP, meaning that once impostered it can actually take a blow or two. Even beyond dynamaxing, Ditto is still insane here, considering the loss of plenty mons leaves many teams wanting another slot, so why not just pack something that is literally every single Pokemon at the same time? This will hurt a ton of offense teams, since they can't just play with the best coverage around, since that just leaves their team potentially counterswept by Ditto. Stall? Stall, while capable of preparing for Ditto, has a rough time against it, since Ditto is a source of infinite PP. Basically, Ditto compresses too many roles for most teams to handle, and while I definitely don't see it getting banned while dynamaxing is a thing, its probably gonna have to go afterward.

I probably would have more to say, but (a) I never played last gen, and (b) I can't play 350 cup, so maybe I'll have more to say when its actually playable. For now, I can only say that I'm eager for dynamaxing to get the banhammer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)