Battle Tree Discussion and Records

Just lost at 49 to goddamn Quick Claw haxx (activated 5 times in a row...) I know I definitely would've won because I just needed to hit ONCE but I didn't. Here's my team, let me know what you think.

1) Mimikyu w/ Wide Lense. Jolly @ 252 Atk/Spd
-Shadow Claw
-Shadow Sneak
-Swords Dance
-Rough Play

I'm trying to NEVER miss so I chose Wide Lense over a Z-move, as rough play is a phenomenal move.

2) Garchomp w/Life Orb. Jolly @ 252 Atk/Spd
-Fire Fang
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Outrage

SD + Outrage can down anything that doesn't resist. I chose Fire Fang over Fireblast because of accuracy. I've lost runs to Fireblast missing before.

3) Scizor w/Scizorite. Adamant @252 atk/spd
-Roost
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Punch
-X-Scisor

I've played around with Aegislash and Metagross. But most of Metagross' moves are 90 accuracy and prone to missing in battle tree. Aegislash has never been as useful to me as Scizor so I'm keeping him.

I've tried running Pheromosa, Tapu Lele, Dragonite, Aegislash, Golisopod, and a bunch of others to lesser effectiveness.
Try Fairyum Z on Mimikyu for a huge power 100% accuracy fairy nuke

Not Fairium-Z, Ghostium-Z was essential for my currently ongoing 80+ Streak as well. Saved me more than once, where a Wide Lense would have meant defeat. On the opposite, I never ran in the situation where a Play Rough was essential.

I got a quick question. Where do you guys watch the replays that are sometimes posted in this thread? It's always a 16 letter code, like XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX. :)

Last edited:
Well fellas, I finally finished the game and I'm looking forward to joining this

Right now I'm planning out my team.

Apparently Toxapex (? Spell check, need to get used to this Gen) is a really good choice here

Well I plan on ev training and breeding one, but which team mates should I pair him with?

I was thinking

Toxapex / Garchomp / Steel Type

Or Toxapex / Bulky Dragonite / Steel Type / Fast Sweeper?

So many options

I just want a team that's well rounded and will have a chance at getting 150+ wins

Right now my goal is 50+ then once I achieve that I will aim for 250 then retire.

Thanks for your future suggestions fellas.

So I did my first run through Super Singles and I got to almost 60 (before a Gyarados haxed me out) with this team.

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy (Spell Tag at first)
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA (not listing the other 4 EVs as I goofed out and did not properly train them on any of my three Pokemon. Fixing it after the EV reducing berries grow now that I found them)
Quiet Nature
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Head Smash (thinking of swapping it with Sacred Sword)

Aegislash is always the lead. Its typing and bulk means it's far better at that role than everything else I have, and Weakness Policy is surprisingly easy to take advantage of as it can take practically anything at full health on Shield Forme.

My only problem so far is dealing with Pokemon that have Protect, and how to lure them into attacking Aegislash while it's on Shield Forme...

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Hydro Pump

I originally had a Firium Z Garchomp in here, but given I was stacking Ice weaknesses and overlapping roles (with Salamence, especially before I got the Salamencite) I decided to swap Garchomp with mixed Focus Sash Cloyster.

The Focus Sash works as hazards are almost non-existent in Battle Tree, and Cloyster happens to be immune to Hail, so only Sandstorm can passively break the Sash, meaning it will practically always find a chance to set up a Shell Smash.

Cloyster was the reason my streak got broken, though. Rock Blast missed against the aforementioned Gyarados, and it happened to carry Ice Fang, so my Salamence was helpless...

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return (gotta swap with Double-Edge)
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Substitute

Talking about Salamence...

I based its set on the one that got it banned from ORAS OU and boy, does it work. There is not really much that can be said about it, given it cleans nicely even with the -ate nerf. I have to patch up its Defense as it got a bad IV.

Sergeant Spooky: since you've been using eggy-alola, how highly would you rate the utility of frisk at checking an opponent's set before they can move? you went through the tree without looking at the spreadsheet, but one gets acquainted with many dangerous sets quite soon and i imagine it might have been helpful for detecting sashes, berries, etc. in any case -- i've been curious about this
Oh yeah I forgot to mention that. Frisk is a really nice ability to have and lets you identify a set immediately, since most have an item unique to that pokemon. Even though I didn't look up any sets, it was still nice to know if something was sashed, had a z-move, etc.

Frisk is really a top-tier ability for Battle Tree. For any TR tooms, Exeguttor is a good pick cause of this ability (and also because it's a nuke in hilarious tree form.)

Smuckem

Resident Facility Bot Wannabe
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
So I did my first run through Super Singles and I got to almost 60 (before a Gyarados haxed me out) with this team.

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy (Spell Tag at first)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA (not listing the other 4 EVs as I goofed out and did not properly train them on any of my three Pokemon. Fixing it after the EV reducing berries grow now that I found them)
Quiet Nature
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Head Smash (thinking of swapping it with Sacred Sword)
Long-term, Sacred Sword is the right move to make. But for now, see how much farther you get with Head Smash:No one who used Aegislash on the Maison leaderboard had Head Smash equipped, so if you make it onto the eventual leaderboard here, you will at least have a unique place on it (since I imagine Aegislash will remain a very popular choice on here).

Long-term, Sacred Sword is the right move to make. But for now, see how much farther you get with Head Smash:No one who used Aegislash on the Maison leaderboard had Head Smash equipped, so if you make it onto the eventual leaderboard here, you will at least have a unique place on it (since I imagine Aegislash will remain a very popular choice on here).
Fun fact: When I started thinking of switching from Head Smash to Sacred Sword, I started coming across Volcaronas.

Posting a super singles streak of 90. ML6W-WWWW-WWW2-S6VG I feel like I can't improve upon this squad at this moment, maybe need to think of a totally different strat. Lost a 50/50 as to whether the lead was Drampa4 or Drampa3. If it wasn't the Glare variant, Umbreon could have set up on it, but it wasn't, so it didn't. Also tried to set up on it with Umbreon after it revealed it was the Focus Blast set, which was a bit braindead. Gyarados proceeded to use my non-healthy team to set up on it. I dealt with it once previously, but that was when I was at max health on mence and it was much easier to take care of. Oh well.

Q (Salamence-Mega) @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Roost

Tries to set up on stuff that can't touch it, if you get statused you basically win. Intimidate pre-mega is also extremely useful for switch stalling EQ users for aegi to set up on.

G (Aegislash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- King's Shield
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak

Essentially, this tries to play with your food as much as possible, setting up to +6 when things can't touch it. It's surprisingly beefy, even in Blade forme it can tend to take neutral thunderbolts from random shit.

I (Umbreon) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect
- Substitute

Obligatory sub for OHKO users, although aegi and mence together are immune to all of them but sheer cold. Essentially, if they can break the other two mons here, Umbreon probably stops em cold.

Attempted to use a more defensive build, Mence+Aegi had fairly good defensive synergy, and Umbreon turned out to both stop it from getting decimated by walls and stop it from getting decimated by Greninja4. Gyarados4 walks all over this team,unfortunately. My plan is to PP stall Stone Edge on it with Salamence roosts, but I simply cannot prevent it from further DDing, or from the subsequent Crunch from also doing a good number to me. Knew one of these gosh-darn mega sets would actually be good.

Heya guys this is my first post here, but I ve been lurking since the maison and it was thanks to these forums that I came across kangliscune wich allowed me to get a 3xx streak on ORAS

Now with SUMO I wanted to try and form an original winner team however was only partially able to so, without further dilemas here I present you my 119 streak team:

Warning long post

Toxapex
Role: Pivot, Toxi-staller, eternal
Nature: Bold
Ability: Regenerator
Item: Black Sludge/ Air Ballon
252HP, 100SpD, 156 Def

-Recover
-Haze
-Toxic
-Scald

Basically the star player its role is to tank hits like a champ and stall them to death, Haze allows it to laugh in the face of setup sweepers,
while scald prevents taunt shut down, freeze imunity, and the ability to criple physical attackers. Thanks to its nulk it can thank non-stab SE damage
with ease, now I prefer air ballon over back sludge simply because it allows tox a free switch in on ground mons, poison them and then bail out. Psychic attacks are tanked by Scizor
while flygon will absorb electricty and ground all day long, allowing for infinite toxi-stalling by way of tricking the AI with flygon, basically the AI will never use electric or ground attacks on flygon
so toxa can tank the hit and prompt the AI into using electric or ground attacks which flygon will absorb creating a loop until toxic does its job.

Scizor
Role: Setup sweeper, psy tank, Lead
Nature: Adamant
Item: Scizorite
252HP, 200SpD, 56Atk

-Sword Dance
-Bullet Punch
-Brick break -_-
-Roost

Doesnt needs much of and introduction he leads and hopefully gets to +6 and attempts to sweep, He also can tank psychic, fairy and grass with easy,
a bulky EV distribution is preferred due to the switch heavy strat of the team, alleviating much of the pressure scizor is usually under. The only real frustration is the abscence of superpower
for now, as it would give him much more coverage, which would have been handy a couple of times during the streak. Poke bank cant come soon enough.

Flygon
Role:
Electric/Ground Imunity, Key threat neutralizer
Item: Choice Scarf
88spe, 252 atk, 168HP

-U Turn
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw
-Superpower

The must fine tuned of the bunch, its EV distribution with a choice scarf allows it to outspeed every major threat for the team (it outspeeds weavile for reference), while maximizing damage and Bulk,
U-turn allows it to apply chip damage over the toxic or slowly destroy a threat that could OHKO Toxa. Superpower allows it to OHKO Porygon Z and do a number on many mons such as walrein4 and lapras, sadly he is the reason I feel this team cant be everlasting, you see while his damage is decent his bulk is terrible this leads to many mons (specially mega evos), being able to neutral OHKO him, the breaking point being my last attempt where a mon decided to use wood hammer on toxa instead of earthquake (which it had used 3 times in a row), and KOed Flygon, which lead to a deafeat. This proved that all it takes is the AI making a weird decision for the house of cards to crumble. Fortunatly once poke-bank comes in I ll be able to use Gliscor who outclasses flygon in every-way and I might be able to make my own 300+ orignal streak.

Threats:

- Lead Delphox: not really a threat with the flygon set I use, since it get OHKOed by an earthquake but in a scarfless set it can wipe the team thanks to its fire-psychic typing, this mon is the reason i fine tuned flygon
- Lead Hipodown: a pain to deal with if you are not rolling an air ballon on toxa, as it has a chance of OHKOing it with stab quake, he can wipe the team if allowed to curse multiple times, but easy to kill with airballon toxa
- Lead Azelf4: Carries fireblast and psychic, basically delphox on steroids, can be killed by switching into flygon then u-turning into scizors and KOing with a bullet bunch
- Lead Peliper 3 or 4: Hurricane Spam is not fun and can lead to RNG BS with confusion, if toxa lands a toxic switch into flygon, this will force peliper into using blizard which toxa can tank all day, long after a couple of turn switch bak to scizors and KO with a bullet punch.
- Lead Garchomp 4: with massive atk and bulk, it can wipe the team, easy to deal with if using air ballon, as it lets toxa get a toxic in, after that u-turn for days.
- Charizard 4: VERY Dangerous pokemon, inmeadiatly switch to toxa and use scald followed by a haze, then let flygon clean with earthquake
Its been around 5 days since I last played so I might be forgetting something.

Any other mon can be dealth with by smart play or toxas incredible bulk, I ll attempt this team again with gliscor once available.

Videos:

First time on battle 51, was still ironing out the strats and flygon didnt carried U-turn, but it showd the basics of the team:
XQXW-WWWW-WWW2-WVU4

Battle 100, Not my best display and also shows how fragile flygon can be even with heavy HP investment:
AC6G-WWWW-WWW2-S89H

Battle 120, the loss, an embarrasing defeat to be honest, it was 3AM and I forgot that earthquake doesnt has infnite PP, and yolo,ed, had I used my head I would have stalled the quakes and then had scizors sword dance-Roost sweep:
4WYG-WWWW-WWW2-S8C2

I lost to Blue at battle 50 today. My team was lead with a Ninetales with Snow Warning and Aurora Veil, and a Specs Tapu Lele to prevent bullet punch and to kill stuff with psychic. They were followed by a M-Metagross with Earthquake, Zen Headbutt, Meteor Mash, and Hammer Arm. The fourth pokemon I haven't really found a satisfactory pick for. I've tried White Herm SS Minior, which while it allows my Metagross to EQ without worry, it leaves my team very weak to steel typing; your typical Xurkitree, which left me a little too vulnerable to EQ; a LO Krookodile, which while it worked alright, didn't quite have the kick I was looking for; and an experimental Kommo-o that really didn't impress me much. Any recommendations for the fourth member? I've thought about SD Mimikyu, but that would leave me with three fairy types on my team.

Smuckem

Resident Facility Bot Wannabe
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

I (Umbreon) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect
- Substitute

Obligatory sub for OHKO users, although aegi and mence together are immune to all of them but sheer cold. Essentially, if they can break the other two mons here, Umbreon probably stops em cold.
It's funny, the entire heyday of the Maison thread went by, and the only Eeeveelution not to make the leaderboard in some form or fashion was Umbreon...and now, it most likely will be the first one to make the Tree leaderboard. Stupendous fuckin' work there, man.

Between the two threads, that leaves Eevee itself as the only one in its evolutionary line not to be used to any success...and I imagine that, with an awesome new toy in its possession, someone will try and fix that at some point.

I lost to Blue at battle 50 today. My team was lead with a Ninetales with Snow Warning and Aurora Veil, and a Specs Tapu Lele to prevent bullet punch and to kill stuff with psychic. They were followed by a M-Metagross with Earthquake, Zen Headbutt, Meteor Mash, and Hammer Arm. The fourth pokemon I haven't really found a satisfactory pick for. I've tried White Herm SS Minior, which while it allows my Metagross to EQ without worry, it leaves my team very weak to steel typing; your typical Xurkitree, which left me a little too vulnerable to EQ; a LO Krookodile, which while it worked alright, didn't quite have the kick I was looking for; and an experimental Kommo-o that really didn't impress me much. Any recommendations for the fourth member? I've thought about SD Mimikyu, but that would leave me with three fairy types on my team.
I dont really see much defensive sinergy between your team considering hail is already providing free chip damage againts them, also specs tapu lele gets outsped by a good number of legendaries that can OHKO her, M-Metagroos shares a ghost weakness with tapu and a fire weakness with ninetales, and of course double steel weakness. Really this team doesnt has enough sinergy to go anywhere, and also trick room wrecks them pretty hard. I d consider building a new team altogheter heres my doubles team 89 streak(WIP):

-Tapu Lele w/Choice scarf: outspeeds everything in the BT perioid, 2HKOs non resisted mons, one move slot is used by taunt to shut down trick room users.

-Pheromosa w/focus sash: OHKOs on stab super effective and snowballs with a beast boost, the sash guarantees 1 turn survival and allows to stall protect at 1 hp. She is only outspeed by mega alakazam and megalopunny and like 2 scarf users.

-Talonflame w/life orb and FLAME BODY: switches into steel or fairy attacks aimed at the 2 leads and punishes with Flare blitzs or Brave bird, excellent natural speed means it will outspeed everything.

-Mega Garchomp: provides massive damage at a decent speed tier however will try using hydrageon instead because ghost mons wall the leads hard and Gar cant OHKO with a crunch, hydragon OHKOS almost all trick room setters and ghost types, will report if I reach over 100.
planning on using choice specs.

Quick question with the Battle Tree Spreadsheet (from Skewtr here). For Tree Lookup, when you type in a trainer name, does anyone know how to sort the list of Pokemon from A to Z? I've tried messing around with Data > Sort Sheet/Sort Range with no luck.

Okay, but that wasn't my question. This team has been performing well enough to get me this far. I just want to get 50 wins is all and I'm asking for suggestions for my fourth poke. Believe me, I'm quite aware of its flaws. Aurora Veil remedies them for the most part. I'll take your advice on scarfing lele, though. Certainly worth giving it a shot.
EDIT: At the very least, I've found the Lele Ninetales lead to be too good to pass up right now. I could probably be convinced to replace the metagross, but not my leads.

Last edited:
Seems like you're weak to Steel/Ground and also Fire to an extent. Maybe Gyarados and either Rotom-Heat or Rotom-Wash? (though out of the three, only Gyara is obtainable in SM at the moment). All will let you EQ with Metagross without worry.

Quick question with the Battle Tree Spreadsheet (from Skewtr here). For Tree Lookup, when you type in a trainer name, does anyone know how to sort the list of Pokemon from A to Z? I've tried messing around with Data > Sort Sheet/Sort Range with no luck.
You can select all of the data for an individual trainer, make a new Sheet, copy the data, and Paste Special -> Values into that new sheet so you can sort it without worry. Not sure if there's a better way to do it.

Heya guys this is my first post here, but I ve been lurking since the maison and it was thanks to these forums that I came across kangliscune wich allowed me to get a 3xx streak on ORAS

Now with SUMO I wanted to try and form an original winner team however was only partially able to so, without further dilemas here I present you my 119 streak team:

Warning long post

Toxapex
Role: Pivot, Toxi-staller, eternal
Nature: Bold
Ability: Regenerator
Item: Black Sludge/ Air Ballon
252HP, 100SpD, 156 Def

-Recover
-Haze
-Toxic
-Scald

Basically the star player its role is to tank hits like a champ and stall them to death, Haze allows it to laugh in the face of setup sweepers,
while scald prevents taunt shut down, freeze imunity, and the ability to criple physical attackers. Thanks to its nulk it can thank non-stab SE damage
with ease, now I prefer air ballon over back sludge simply because it allows tox a free switch in on ground mons, poison them and then bail out. Psychic attacks are tanked by Scizor
while flygon will absorb electricty and ground all day long, allowing for infinite toxi-stalling by way of tricking the AI with flygon, basically the AI will never use electric or ground attacks on flygon
so toxa can tank the hit and prompt the AI into using electric or ground attacks which flygon will absorb creating a loop until toxic does its job.
Scizor
Role: Setup sweeper, psy tank, Lead
Item: Scizorite
252HP, 200SpD, 56Atk

-Sword Dance
-Bullet Punch
-Brick break -_-
-Roost

Doesnt needs much of and introduction he leads and hopefully gets to +6 and attempts to sweep, He also can tank psychic, fairy and grass with easy,
a bulky EV distribution is preferred due to the switch heavy strat of the team, alleviating much of the pressure scizor is usually under. The only real frustration is the abscence of superpower
for now, as it would give him much more coverage, which would have been handy a couple of times during the streak. Poke bank cant come soon enough.

Flygon
Role:
Electric/Ground Imunity, Key threat neutralizer
Item: Choice Scarf
88spe, 252 atk, 168HP

-U Turn
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw
-Superpower

The must fine tuned of the bunch, its EV distribution with a choice scarf allows it to outspeed every major threat for the team (it outspeeds weavile for reference), while maximizing damage and Bulk,
U-turn allows it to apply chip damage over the toxic or slowly destroy a threat that could OHKO Toxa. Superpower allows it to OHKO Porygon Z and do a number on many mons such as walrein4 and lapras, sadly he is the reason I feel this team cant be everlasting, you see while his damage is decent his bulk is terrible this leads to many mons (specially mega evos), being able to neutral OHKO him, the breaking point being my last attempt where a mon decided to use wood hammer on toxa instead of earthquake (which it had used 3 times in a row), and KOed Flygon, which lead to a deafeat. This proved that all it takes is the AI making a weird decision for the house of cards to crumble. Fortunatly once poke-bank comes in I ll be able to use Gliscor who outclasses flygon in every-way and I might be able to make my own 300+ orignal streak.
Threats:
- Lead Delphox: not really a threat with the flygon set I use, since it get OHKOed by an earthquake but in a scarfless set it can wipe the team thanks to its fire-psychic typing, this mon is the reason i fine tuned flygon
- Lead Hipodown: a pain to deal with if you are not rolling an air ballon on toxa, as it has a chance of OHKOing it with stab quake, he can wipe the team if allowed to curse multiple times, but easy to kill with airballon toxa
- Lead Azelf4: Carries fireblast and psychic, basically delphox on steroids, can be killed by switching into flygon then u-turning into scizors and KOing with a bullet bunch
- Lead Peliper 3 or 4: Hurricane Spam is not fun and can lead to RNG BS with confusion, if toxa lands a toxic switch into flygon, this will force peliper into using blizard which toxa can tank all day, long after a couple of turn switch bak to scizors and KO with a bullet punch.
- Lead Garchomp 4: with massive atk and bulk, it can wipe the team, easy to deal with if using air ballon, as it lets toxa get a toxic in, after that u-turn for days.
- Charizard 4: VERY Dangerous pokemon, inmeadiatly switch to toxa and use scald followed by a haze, then let flygon clean with earthquake
Its been around 5 days since I last played so I might be forgetting something.

Any other mon can be dealth with by smart play or toxas incredible bulk, I ll attempt this team again with gliscor once available.

Videos:

First time on battle 51, was still ironing out the strats and flygon didnt carried U-turn, but it showd the basics of the team:
XQXW-WWWW-WWW2-WVU4

Battle 100, Not my best display and also shows how fragile flygon can be even with heavy HP investment:
AC6G-WWWW-WWW2-S89H

Battle 120, the loss, an embarrasing defeat to be honest, it was 3AM and I forgot that earthquake doesnt has infnite PP, and yolo,ed, had I used my head I would have stalled the quakes and then had scizors sword dance-Roost sweep:
4WYG-WWWW-WWW2-S8C2
Your team is very similar to what I'm trying to achieve, building around Toxapex and immunities.

I've got Mega Gyarados as Lead - I can make it a Dark/Water type to completely nullify psychic, or keep it flying to nullify Earthquake.

My 3rd pokemon is more up in the air, I've been playing around with Scarf'd Garchomp to outspeed and take electric hits.

How do you deal with status inducing pokemon like Crobat and Gengar? Can a Scarf'd Flygon effectively take them out?

I'm really only having trouble due to statuses and am considering a Substitute Dragonite but I haven't had much luck for it.

Your team is very similar to what I'm trying to achieve, building around Toxapex and immunities.

I've got Mega Gyarados as Lead - I can make it a Dark/Water type to completely nullify psychic, or keep it flying to nullify Earthquake.

My 3rd pokemon is more up in the air, I've been playing around with Scarf'd Garchomp to outspeed and take electric hits.

How do you deal with status inducing pokemon like Crobat and Gengar? Can a Scarf'd Flygon effectively take them out?

I'm really only having trouble due to statuses and am considering a Substitute Dragonite but I haven't had much luck for it.
I considered gyrados as well, but a then your team would be super sensitive to electricity and the moment rotom-Freeze shows up you kinda just loose, toxapex doesnt care about
burn, paralysis or freeze so yeah he kinda just absorbs that, flygon is imune to thunder wave as well, the only anoying status is sleep the only wayyto nullify that is to use flame orb on toxa but that adds extra preasure on toxa, this is why I cant wait for gliscor who is imune to all status effects via posion heal/toxic orb

I considered gyrados as well, but a then your team would be super sensitive to electric
ity and the moment rotom-Freeze shows up you kinda just loose, toxapex doesnt care about
burn, paralysis or freeze so yeah he kinda just absorbs that, flygon is imune to thunder wave as well, the only anoying status is sleep the only wayyto nullify that is to use flame orb on toxa but that adds extra preasure on toxa, this is why I cant wait for gliscor who is imune to all status effects via posion heal/toxic orb

I'm new to comp Pokemon and whatnot, and I just looked up Gliscor. How is he immune to all status effects?

Edit: So if he's poisoned then he can't be put to sleep/paralyzed/burned?

Also, what do you think of Aegislash as a whole in Battle Tree, worth using? I've tried running it but due to the wonky nature of AI I've had the AI pull weird moves on the king's shield.

I'm new to comp Pokemon and whatnot, and I just looked up Gliscor. How is he immune to all status effects?

Edit: So if he's poisoned then he can't be put to sleep/paralyzed/burned?

Also, what do you think of Aegislash as a whole in Battle Tree, worth using? I've tried running it but due to the wonky nature of AI I've had the AI pull weird moves on the king's shield.
Thats is correct he heals 1/8th of his health + imunity to all other statutes since he is poisoned :P, Aegislash is an amazing pokemon, pair it with Dragonite or Salamance + Chancey. Theres a post in about page 16 of a 200+ streak with that team. I dont use it because I wanna make my own thing :p

I'm having a lot of success with Tapu Koko/Pheromosa/Dragonite.
Decided to ditch Pheromosa and go back to good old dragonite lead with Tapu Fini as my 'wall'

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- EQ
- Fire Punch

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Brave Bird
- Quick Attack
- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 6 SpA
Bold Nature
-Surf
-Moonblast
-Calm Mind
-Protect

Fini is basically a poor mans Suicune, but handles the job well enough. Very little resists moonblast and alternating protect allows you effectively double the regen out of leftovers which is nice. She also handles the bulky ground and or rock types that my old team had trouble with.

So far the biggest threats have been bulky grass types, especially the ones that set up, but I've been fortunate enough to avoid any major issues. I lost early on to poor switch ins to strong special attackers (Tapu Fini vs Noivern for example, or M-Latias). Fini is also kind of luck based w.r.t status effects. If it's after those 5 turns, para hax can absolutely end your streak and burn/poison nullifies your leftovers. Generally by then you are +2 or +3 anyway so you can do a lot of damage before going down regardless, but I can absolutely see status ending a streak in the future.

Only change I'll probably make is Protect -> Taunt on Tapu Koko to stop certain pokemon from setting up, but I'm sure there's more optimisations to be made.

I considered Toxapex instead of Fini but I feel like that double EQ weakness would not bode well for me. I also considered a Z-move Pheromosa as replacement for Tapu Koko but rejected the idea for a reason I can't quite remember right now. I'm sure there's a better backup sweeper, but for now Koko is doing pretty well so I'll keep him.

Currently on battle 150. Hope I make it to 200.

-Pheromosa w/focus sash: OHKOs on stab super effective and snowballs with a beast boost, the sash guarantees 1 turn survival and allows to stall protect at 1 hp. She is only outspeed by mega alakazam and megalopunny and like 2 scarf users.
Pheromosa w/ a speed boosting nature actually outspeeds mega alakazam and easily OHKOs him w/ a U-turn. She also outspeeds Mega Lopunny.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)