Singles 3v3 Singles (BSS) Discussion

Hi! This is my series 6 BSS 1900+ rating team.

:Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: :Ninetales-Alola: :Noivern: :Amoonguss: :Blissey: :Mudsdale:

Sorry for the bad english :( English is not my primary language...

View attachment 278516
View attachment 278517

The rental team language isn't english, so here's the paste: https://pokepast.es/4392eb9128cf0067

According to this marilli's post, this team is basically 'Cushion-First, Dynamax-Second' team. In series 5, I built the Dynamax-First Whimsicott team linked at marilli's post and although the 'Dynamax-First' win condition was not bad, I wanted a new team for series 6 that is less risky and tried to build a 'Dynamax-Second' team.

First, I wanted to use :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: (Rapid Strike) @ Choice Scarf to control the early game with fast U-turn and Dynamax to clean up late game.
Second, I had to find 'cushions' to tank Max Moves by :Dracozolt: and :Primarina:, because the two were the main pokemon threatening the lategame sweep of my :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike:. So I decided to use :Mudsdale: and :Blissey:.
Next, I found that :Noivern: and :Amoonguss: are the best Offensive and Defensive pokemon, respectively, that have good matchup against :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: (Rapid-Strike), which is the best pokemon in the meta, in my opinion. So I decided to use them too.
Finally, since my team was slightly weak at :Urshifu: (Single-Strike) and stall teams, I decided to use :Ninetales-Alola: with Sheer Cold.

:Urshifu-Rapid-Strike:
Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Unseen Fist
Level: 50
EVs: 252 Atk / 12 SpD / 244 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Surging Strikes
- U-turn
- Rest

* I gave 244 Speed EVs to use U-turn after the opponent's move at Jolly Scarf :Urshifu: mirror, but since the desired situation had not come, it is fine to give 252/252.

This Pokémon is really, really good, because it is both strong when it Dynamaxes or not. Close Combat hits thick mons like :Ferrothorn: and :Snorlax:, and Surging Strikes kills :Gengar: :Lycanroc-Dusk: @ Sash. These two moves are powerful when converted to Max Moves, since their secondary effects give extra boosts to Urshifu's attack. U-turn is also good, since it can make favorable switches against the opponent's switch, and Max Flutterby is nice too. Rest is an experimental move, mainly exists for using Max Guard. Max Guard is really important at Dynamax versus Dynamax: for instance, you can win a Dynamaxed Weakness Policy :Dracozolt: by using Max Guard - Max Knuckle - Max Guard - Close Combat because you can survive one unboosted Max Lightning when Dynamaxed. So why Rest instead of other moves such as Bulk Up? Using my team, TOD (Time over death) happens a lot after I take the opponent's pokemon first: so Rest is good at drawing the timer in front of something like :Toxapex: or :Quagsire:.

:Ninetales-Alola:
Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 212 HP / 36 Def / 4 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Sheer Cold
- Aurora Veil
- Rest

* HP stat 175, 16n-1 (minimizing Stealth Rock or Sandstorm damage)

Although my team doesn't have any setup sweepers, this Pokémon does its job perfectly. In series 6 meta, there's a lot of pokemon that utilizes Calm Mind such as :Primarina: :Sylveon: :Clefable: :Comfey: :Blissey: :Reuniclus: and so on: and my team did not have an effective check to this. Also my team only had :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: to take Wicked Blow from :Urshifu: @ Choice Band, so I found this pokemon using Sheer Cold and having Fairy-type was the best fit. Regarding the moveset, Moonblast and Sheer Cold is to kill pokemon I mentioned earlier. Aurora Veil is an identity move, that help my team tank few more hits. The last moveslot was initially Blizzard. However, I found that I never used Blizzard except for Max Hailstorm, so I decided to use Max Hailstorm based on Sheer Cold and replaced Blizzard to Rest. Since I need Ninetales' Sheer Cold against stall teams, I needed to preserve its HP in order to make my win condition(including TOD). So I think using Rest is quite reasonable. For the item, I couldn't find anything good, so just gave Light Clay. It was good because it could loosen the opponent's tempo.

:Noivern:
Noivern @ Life Orb
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 212 HP / 4 Def / 124 SpA / 12 SpD / 156 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Roost

* Outspeeds Max Speed :Gengar:
* When Dynamaxed: 252 Atk Hustle :Dracozolt: Outrage vs. 212 HP / 4 Def :Noivern:: 306-362 (81.8 - 96.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
* Def < SpDef for Download :Porygon-Z:

Although Noivern's viability has been declined during the meta, I believe it has a potential of being a Galar version of Special Attacker :Salamence-Mega:, so I opted to use it. My set is quite bulky, leaving the damage output to Life Orb. Since its defensive/offensive typing is strong against :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: (Rapid Strike) and :Dracozolt: :Rotom-Heat: :Rotom-Mow: so on, it really felt like I was using :Salamence-Mega: in Galar! This pokemon opened the potential of 'Dynamax-First' in my team, but I didn't do that often, instead I cycled my pokemon and Dynamaxed Noivern as a lategame sweeper. Roost is a strong move itself, and in my opinion it is better than U-turn or Solar Beam because I can also use it as Max Guard. You can use Frisk instead of Infiltrator, but I used Infiltrator in order to deal the opponent's Substitutes and :Ninetales-Alola:.

:Amoonguss:
Amoonguss @ Coba Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Def / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Clear Smog
- Spore
- Synthesis

* HP stat 219, 3n (maximizing Regenerator heal amount)
* Little speed investment to outspeed :Snorlax: :Reuniclus:

The hottest 'cushion' in the meta, in my opinion. It walls :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: (Rapid Strike) and :Azumarill: :Primarina: (without Psychic) and stops Dynamax pokemon with Spore + Clear Smog. I gave it Coba Berry (Flying-type resist) because it can tank two Max Airstreams by non-Life Orb :Urshifu: or :Dracozolt:. Although many players had measures for Spore after the rise of Amoonguss, it still could do lots of work. Seed Bomb is the main damage-dealing move that removes Substitutes from :Primarina:. I decided to use Impish nature instead of Bold because I wanted to preserve Seed Bomb damage, and Clear Smog is not for dealing damage.

:Blissey:
Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 36 SpA / 4 SpD / 212 Spe
Calm Nature
- Tri Attack
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Soft-Boiled

* Outspeeds 4 Speed EV :Milotic: :Goodra: :Mandibuzz: and so on

Blissey walls tons of special attackers, and by using Subsitute with lots of speed investment, it takes care of many physical/special walls without Calm Mind. With Substitute, :Aegislash: and :Lapras: matchups can also be in favor. When players see Blissey, they often switch into physical attackers such as :Urshifu: or :Dracozolt:, but by using Substitute and Tri Attack, there is 40% chance of burning/freezing/paralyzing the physical attacker, which makes Blissey unbreakable. Shadow Ball also has 40% chance of lowering special defense thanks to Serene Grace, and it serves more than just attacking Ghost-types. In general, I used this Blissey the most, and it made a lot of lucky wins. One thing to remember is that it is breakable by Calm Mind users: so don't believe in it too much and make them face your :Ninetales-Alola: or :Amoonguss:.

:Mudsdale:
Mudsdale @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Body Press
- Rest

* Little Speed investment to outspeed :Toxapex:

With the great ability Stamina and Sitrus Berry, this Mudsdale is trained to tank many hits from :Dracozolt: and kill it with Body Press. Since it can use Max Quake and Max Steelspike and boost its already great bulk, it can easily become an unbreakable wall. Especially, when Aurora Veil support is on, it can surprise-Dynamax in front of strong special attackers and knock them out, making the game very easy to win. When using this set, using Rest in the right timing is very important. It can also be used when TOD against stall teams.

I don't have much to say. As mentioned at marilli's post, cushion first and dynamax second.
Also do not send out :Amoonguss: + :Blissey: + :Mudsdale:.

Hey I've been using your team, but gotta say is kinda complicated to use. Can you put more info into Gameplay?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
Hey I've been using your team, but gotta say is kinda complicated to use. Can you put more info into Gameplay?
I don’t think you’ll get much as they said English is not their first language. They linked marilli’s description of “cushion first, dynamax second,” did you read that? That would imply you want to force your opponent to dynamax, outlast those turns with either Amoonguss, Blissey or Mudsdale (but not all three in the same match) and then dynamax your Noivern, Urshifu or Ninetales to win the game. Which Pokémon you chose to bring and accomplish this game plan with will depend on the Team Preview stage before the match. You’ll need to assess what the opponent might lead with or try to win with, and bring something that can check those so that they are forced to Dynamax, then make sure you have something in the back with a good matchup to be able to reverse Dynamax sweep.

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
BSS Crown Tundra Noteworthy Buffs and Nerfs (Since USUM)

Crown Tundra brought back a ton of viable BSS Pokemon and there's a lot of noteworthy changes so I thought I should just keep them in one place for easier viewing. Note I'm only noting potentially relevant Pokemon and relevant changes and ignoring the rest Pokemon are in dex number order, and the list is in order of relevance. I also did not list Pokemon whose only nerfs are the fact that they no longer have mega evolutions (e.g. Swampert and Metagross).

:zapdos: Mixed
+ Hurricane: Great Flying STAB (finally) and 140BP Max Airstream. Previously had no access to a single Special Flying type attack (Air Cutter as a HGSS Tutor move)
- Toxic: Lost Toxic, rendering the defensive variants useless. Toxic usage in USUM was around 50%
- Hidden Power (Ice): HP Ice is no longer available, which makes the matchup against Pokemon like Landorus, Garchomp, Salamence, and Dragonite a lot rougher.
+ Rising Voltage: Insane damage output in Electric Terrain, as well as a 140BP Max Lightning without relying on Thunder. Requires terrain setup, however.

:moltres: Buffed
+ Scorching Sands: Ground coverage for a fire type is always amazing. Can finally beat Heatran. The high burn chance makes it highly spammable as everyone knows so that's a plus too.
+ Max Airstream: Has the option of using a Flying type attack without missing now
+ Heavy Duty Boots: While probably not the best item for it, still makes it usable even when the opposing team has Stealth Rock options

:dragonite: Buffed
+ Dual Wingbeat: Spammable flying coverage without resorting to Fly.
+ No more HP Ice: Improves matchups against several Pokemon that previously beat it (such as Zapdos)
+ Dynamax: Terrific typing for a Dyanmax Pokemon, with 2 of the top 5 max moves in the game giving STAB

:raikou: Mixed
+ Scald: Coverage to hit Ground types super effectively, especially useful with the removal of HP Ice. Scald is mindlessly spammable like everyone knows so that's a plus too.
- Toxic: Lost Toxic, rendering the Substall vairant useless (previously at 40%)
- HP Ice: Lost its main coverage option but with the addition of Scald it's not a big deal
+ Aura Sphere: Another coverage option that is good against Tyranitar but not much else to be honest. It's in the same scope as Shadow Ball which it already had, but having more moves it means Assault Vest becomes a viable option for Raikou.

:entei: Buffed
+ Extreme Speed: Best priority move in the game, previously only available on Entei via gen 4 event, is back as a levelup move.
+ Crunch: fantastic coverage option to hit the Ghost types that are common in the metagame
- Toxic: While not as reliant on Toxic as its fellow dog Raikou (30%), it makes the subtoxic stall variant completely useless

:blaziken: Nerfed
- Mega Evo: No more mega evolving. RIP.
+ Close Combat: Reliable strong Fighting type move! No more stressful 90% HJK! Speaking of which....
- High Jump Kick: Lost HJK so you're going to do a tad less damage than what you used to before.
- Knock Off: Lost Dark type coverage vs Psychic types switching in anticipating Fighting moves and it's also a spammable good secondary effect move.
- HP Ice: Lost coverage previously used to surprise kill Garchomps and Landoruses.
+ U-Turn: Honestly this thing had Baton Pass already anyway, but breaking Disguise and Focus Sash is a pretty nice bonus.

:salamence: Nerfed
- Mega Evo: Honestly this alone is 97% of the reason why Salamence will be nowhere near as broken as it was in Gen 7
- Roost: Not that it really matters since the bulk of the mega evolution was what made Roost ridiculous, but even then Salamence can no longer take advantage of certain Pokemon to set up forever without reliable recovery.
+ Dual Wingbeat: Reliable Flying STAB that isn't Fly! Same thing as Dragonite basically
+ Dynamax: see Dragonite, except Mence has the option of running Moxie like Gyarados
+ No more HP Ice: same as Dragonite
+ Hurricane: a secondary STAB option for the special variant, though with unreliable accuracy unless dynamaxed

:regirock: Buffed
+ Body Press: Regirock used to be a trash tier mon but with Body Press this thing can actually deal some damage thanks to its 200 base defense

:latias: :latios: they both got the same buffs
+ Aura Sphere: Amazing coverage against steel types and their nemesis for the past 15 years Tyranitar
+ Mystical Fire: Amazing coverage against steel types (again), especially Ferrothorn, which means they don't suffer from losing HP Fire. Secondary effect makes it very spammable as well.
+ Air Slash: They got Air Slash right on time to have a Max Airstream option
- Mega Evolution: Moreso a nerf for Latias since Mega Latias was broken, but Latios hardly ever mega evolved anyway
- Roost: They still have Recover but you can no longer click Roost to bait a misplay from your opponent thinking Earthquakes affect the Latis after a Roost unfortunate

:garchomp: Buffed
+ Scale Shot: Got a speed boosting option (at last!) at the cost of lowering its own defense. Dragon Dance was still too soon for humankind in 2020.
+ Dynamax: Has two fantastic STAB Max Moves at its disposal
+ Removal of HP Ice: same as Dragonite
- Toxic: No more Toxic means Garchomp has no statusing options left besides Body Slam secondary
- Mega Evo: LOL who megad Garchomp anyway

:heatran: Mixed
+ Scorching Sands: A slightly weaker but with a more deadly secondary effect (and therefore more spammable just like Scald) than Earth Power.
- Toxic: Just like everything else that lost it, makes the stall-focused set trash
+ Body Press: makes it good against Tyranitar, not that Tyranitar enjoyed coming in in the first place, but also against Chansey and Blissey making it a great stallbreaker

:regigigas: Buffed
+ Protect: This thing is actually capable of stalling out 5 turns of Slow Start a lot more effectively now, and combined with Substitute it SubProtect effortlessly.
- Return: Lost the best standard Normal STAB move so it now has to rely on Mega Kick or Body Slam, speaking of which...
+ Body Slam: Lost return but Body Slam works fine I suppose
+ Rest: Yeah this thing is definitely staying alive for 5 turns and going to show you what it means to have 670 BST
+ Heat Crash, Darkest Lariat: Better coverage options!
- Toxic: Yeah but you're going to abuse this thing's 165 base attack anyway. It was only common before because it never lived long enough to get its act together

:cresselia: Nerfed
+ Nothing has Toxic: Good luck killing Cresselia without Toxic
- Toxic: Good luck diminishing HP on the opponent with Cresselia without Toxic
- Metagame is mean to Psychic types: Dragapult, Mimikyu, Cinderace... some things are pretty clear.
+ Stored Power: I guess it's better than Psychic after two CM boosts, even though the best attacking move this meta will be Ice Beam yet again

:tornadus-therian: Buffed
+ Dynamax: Tornadus' main weakness, the inaccuracy of Hurricane, is covered up with Max Airstream, which even boosts its speed. It's even faster than Cinderace!
+ Nasty Plot: Nothing is going to enjoy taking +2 Max Airstreams

:thundurus: :thundurus-therian: Nerfed
- No more HP Ice: It basically lost its main coverage option
- Bad dynamax synergy: can only use physical Max Airstream, and does not get benefits of Electric Terrain
- Toxic: Incarnate lost its ability to Toxic Substall opponents (25%)

:landorus-therian: Buffed
+ Dynamax: Flying type STAB is a lot more reliable by changing Fly to Max Airstream, and boosts its speed with a fantastic speed tier. Max Quake is also a fantastic move with a great bonus boosting Spdef
+ Sheer Force: HA Incarnate is now freed
+ No more HP Ice: See Dragonite
- Intimidate: Intimidate doesn't work on a lot of abilities now, and more common stuff have Competitive and Defiant. Notable Pokemon include Mamoswine, Braviary, and Galarian Zapdos.
- Knock Off: Lost access to one of its most spammable coverage options

:tapu koko: Nerfed
- Electric Terrain boost: Lowered from 1.5 to 1.3x
- No HP Ice: Lost one of its main coverage moves
+ Can use physical thanks to dynamax: Wild Charge is a trash move but as Max Lightning it has no downsides and uses Tapu Koko's stronger physical base attack stat.

:tapu lele: Nerfed
- Psychic Terrain boost: Lowered from 1.5 to 1.3x

:tapu bulu: Nerfed
- Existence of Rillaboom: The gorilla learns Grassy Glide, the bull doesn't. Therefore, why use this at all?
- Grassy Terrain boost: Lowered from 1.5 to 1.3x
+ Close Combat and High Horsepower: nice coverage moves, especially for Heatran.

:tapu fini: Buffed
+ Draining Kiss: Makes CM sets a lot harder to kill

:pheromosa: Buffed
+ Close Combat: Reliable Fighting move! No more HJK stress, just like Blaziken.
+ Triple Axel: Ice Beam is still more reliable but it's still great to use.

:xurkitree: Nerfed
- Tail Glow: RIP setup
- No Z-Moves: no more Z-Hypnosis sweeps
- No more HP Ice: Another Electric type that lost vital coverage without Hidden Power. There's a clear pattern here.

:stakataka: Buffed
+ Body Press: Who signed off on giving a Pokemon with 211 base defense Body Press?
+ Heat Crash: This thing is so heavy it will have 120BP against almost everything

:blacephalon: Buffed
- Flame Charge: No longer has a viable way to boost speed when predicting the opponent to switch
+ Hypnosis: Blind Hypnosis is always a boon to a Pokemon's viability (unfortunately)
+ Solar Beam: added coverage and Max Overgrowth option vs unsuspecting Water type switch ins

Last edited:
1TP's way too early viability guesses (so preliminary I'm not gonna even post in the VR thread that isnt up!)
Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 6.22.13 PM.png

(Updated, watched DW's video and although I haven't seen regirock, they have been moved from "nah" to C ranks or lower)

Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 11.53.41 PM.png

(extra sprites that weren't on the other tier list maker)

Hopefully this helps you when looking for mons to playtest! Let us know how it goes, what you agree/disagree with!

Last edited:
I would also also like to add that Thundurus has Defiant, so Physical with Max Airstream and Lightning is the way to go.

The Eon Duo got Aura Sphere which makes Tyranitar less reliable answer.

I would also also like to add that Thundurus has Defiant, so Physical with Max Airstream and Lightning is the way to go.

The Eon Duo got Aura Sphere which makes Tyranitar less reliable answer.
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 161-192 (77.7 - 92.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (100.00% chance to 2HKO after accuracy)

Tyranitar is still a pretty damn good check, especially since you have to worry about 1. Focus Sash, and 2. Weakness Policy + Dynamax. I would say that Aura sphere doesnt get my moveslot, I'd prefer Draco/Psychic/MF/Recover, or 2/3 of those + calm mind recover on latios.
Agree with the points on Thundurus, it may just get outclassed by other airstream sweeper, I can see a high of B rank if things go its way (Regular Zapdos in my head is better right now, it may be on par with galar-dos)

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 161-192 (77.7 - 92.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (100.00% chance to 2HKO after accuracy)

Tyranitar is still a pretty damn good check, especially since you have to worry about 1. Focus Sash, and 2. Weakness Policy + Dynamax. I would say that Aura sphere doesnt get my moveslot, I'd prefer Draco/Psychic/MF/Recover, or 2/3 of those + calm mind recover on latios.
Agree with the points on Thundurus, it may just get outclassed by other airstream sweeper, I can see a high of B rank if things go its way (Regular Zapdos in my head is better right now, it may be on par with galar-dos)
I thought it was still worth mentioning since Tyranitar is no longer a full proof answer. I remember OHKOing Tyranitar with Aura Sphere in Doubles with Specs Latios.

1TP's way too early viability guesses (so preliminary I'm not gonna even post in the VR thread that isnt up!)
I'm very interested to hear why you put Tyrantrum in Niche rather than Nah tier!
Anyway, I think Regidraco is a little underrated at the moment. For anyone doubting its raw power, with Choice Specs a max health Dragon Energy oneshots no investment Nihilego 100% of the time. While that is very situational, the much less situational Specs Draco Meteor still oneshots 4HP/4SpD Nihilego 87.5% percent of the time. Considering Nihilego has whopping 109/131 defenses, this is a little ridiculous. Obviously still a very memey mon though, thanks to its pathetic movepool.
And here's a replay of Specs Dragon Energy oneshotting Nihilego.

Hello, it is Ika here coming back after a long hiatus to talk a bit about an archetype I've been messing around with on Pokemon Showdown for the Crowned Tundra expansion.

I am talking about the obnoxious combination of dual screens and trick room to take advantage of the strengths of two new toys.

The Fantastic Four: Regieleki / Celesteela / Mimikyu / Glastrier

Screens Mode: Regieleki / Celesteela

Essentially Regieleki can get up screens for free on pretty much every pokemon due to its speed tier. You can either opt for max/max naive nature or a defensive investment with enough EVs to live a max quake from Lando/Garchomp after a reflect and you should still be faster than +1 chomper. Think the glass cannon is probably better though. Your moveset should mostly be Thunderbolt or Thunder Cage / Light Screen / Reflect / Explosion in my opinion. I do prefer thunderbolt over thunder cage just for accuracy/power reasons. Twave is alright, but on hard setup, I think you just want a reliable way to get out of there so to speak so you can get into your sweeper of choice.

Now there are many possible setup sweepers, generally I add a few to cover various bases. I've experimented with Dragonite, Garchomp, Landorus-T, Dragapult, Excadrill, Naganadel, Articuno-G, Zapdos-G, Azumarill and Tapu Fini (although there are several more possible sweepers such as lele, ttar, volc, diggersby, Gyarados, togekiss that would probably work in the same vein). You want to add a few, but one you must have IMO is Celesteela. Celesteela with Weakness Policy and max airstream or autotomise is an absolute terror and unkillable under screens without multiple max moves. The best infiltrator pokemon in the meta, dragapult, cannot handle celesteela well either. All the sets on celesteela, leech seed/subprotect stall, specially offensive autotomise, physically offensive autotomise or even mixed are great, you kind of customise the set based on your other sweepers.

TR Mode: Mimikyu / Glastrier

Mimikyu with the same set as usual (you can even use taunt and curse if you want with mental herb to frustrate hippowdon trying to yawn/ww cycle. There's not much more to say about this as its pretty similar to mimi/rhyperior that was seen in early gen 8. The only change is to use Glastrier over rhyperior. Glastrier hits just as hard and has an offensive typing that is harder to switch into and better special defence and no 4x weaknesses. You can use WP on this or celesteela though I do prefer celesteela. I prefer SD 3 attacks with ice ground fighting coverage here. It hits like a truck, is virtually unkillable by most pokemon in one hit due to its natural defences, especially when dynamaxed. One thing to note and why pairing this TR core with screens is so obnoxious is that you can use glastrier under screens too as a breaker.

Other thoughts:

Generally I like to pair this with another screens sweeper that can deal well with hippo shenanigans and a Cinderace check. Primarina or Belly Drum Azumarill can work well in this slot so long as you have an electric immunity as they work well both under screens and TR. Flame Orb Conkeldurr can also work here.

Anyways I just thought I'd give an idea of something cool that people can try out in the new patch.

I'm very interested to hear why you put Tyrantrum in Niche rather than Nah tier!
Anyway, I think Regidraco is a little underrated at the moment. For anyone doubting its raw power, with Choice Specs a max health Dragon Energy oneshots no investment Nihilego 100% of the time. While that is very situational, the much less situational Specs Draco Meteor still oneshots 4HP/4SpD Nihilego 87.5% percent of the time. Considering Nihilego has whopping 109/131 defenses, this is a little ridiculous. Obviously still a very memey mon though, thanks to its pathetic movepool.
And here's a replay of Specs Dragon Energy oneshotting Nihilego.
Good-ish bulk, hits pretty hard, has two nice complementary max moves, and has dragon dance. C ranks or lower is not a very high praise, it basically means it has some potentially available niche where it won't strictly be outclassed all the time, I personally won't be messing with any of them in those ranks myself.

Does anyone have a good celesteela set. Ive been experimenting with this set and it am still deciding on whether it should be a physical or special attacker.

Celesteela @ Assault Vest
Ability: Beast Boost
Shiny: No
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steel Beam
- Air Slash
- Meteor Beam
- Flamethrower

Does anyone have a good celesteela set. Ive been experimenting with this set and it am still deciding on whether it should be a physical or special attacker.

Celesteela @ Assault Vest
Ability: Beast Boost
Shiny: No
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steel Beam
- Air Slash
- Meteor Beam
- Flamethrower
The ones Ive seen are weakness policy, fast subseed, and power herb. I assume AV will work fine too, didnt notice it though if it was used

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)