Singles 3v3 Singles (BSS) Discussion

Hi! This is my series 6 BSS 1900+ rating team.

:Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: :Ninetales-Alola: :Noivern: :Amoonguss: :Blissey: :Mudsdale:

Sorry for the bad english :( English is not my primary language...

View attachment 278516
View attachment 278517

The rental team language isn't english, so here's the paste: https://pokepast.es/4392eb9128cf0067

According to this marilli's post, this team is basically 'Cushion-First, Dynamax-Second' team. In series 5, I built the Dynamax-First Whimsicott team linked at marilli's post and although the 'Dynamax-First' win condition was not bad, I wanted a new team for series 6 that is less risky and tried to build a 'Dynamax-Second' team.

First, I wanted to use :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: (Rapid Strike) @ Choice Scarf to control the early game with fast U-turn and Dynamax to clean up late game.
Second, I had to find 'cushions' to tank Max Moves by :Dracozolt: and :Primarina:, because the two were the main pokemon threatening the lategame sweep of my :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike:. So I decided to use :Mudsdale: and :Blissey:.
Next, I found that :Noivern: and :Amoonguss: are the best Offensive and Defensive pokemon, respectively, that have good matchup against :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: (Rapid-Strike), which is the best pokemon in the meta, in my opinion. So I decided to use them too.
Finally, since my team was slightly weak at :Urshifu: (Single-Strike) and stall teams, I decided to use :Ninetales-Alola: with Sheer Cold.

:Urshifu-Rapid-Strike:
Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Unseen Fist
Level: 50
EVs: 252 Atk / 12 SpD / 244 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Surging Strikes
- U-turn
- Rest

* I gave 244 Speed EVs to use U-turn after the opponent's move at Jolly Scarf :Urshifu: mirror, but since the desired situation had not come, it is fine to give 252/252.

This Pokémon is really, really good, because it is both strong when it Dynamaxes or not. Close Combat hits thick mons like :Ferrothorn: and :Snorlax:, and Surging Strikes kills :Gengar: :Lycanroc-Dusk: @ Sash. These two moves are powerful when converted to Max Moves, since their secondary effects give extra boosts to Urshifu's attack. U-turn is also good, since it can make favorable switches against the opponent's switch, and Max Flutterby is nice too. Rest is an experimental move, mainly exists for using Max Guard. Max Guard is really important at Dynamax versus Dynamax: for instance, you can win a Dynamaxed Weakness Policy :Dracozolt: by using Max Guard - Max Knuckle - Max Guard - Close Combat because you can survive one unboosted Max Lightning when Dynamaxed. So why Rest instead of other moves such as Bulk Up? Using my team, TOD (Time over death) happens a lot after I take the opponent's pokemon first: so Rest is good at drawing the timer in front of something like :Toxapex: or :Quagsire:.

:Ninetales-Alola:
Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 212 HP / 36 Def / 4 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Sheer Cold
- Aurora Veil
- Rest

* HP stat 175, 16n-1 (minimizing Stealth Rock or Sandstorm damage)

Although my team doesn't have any setup sweepers, this Pokémon does its job perfectly. In series 6 meta, there's a lot of pokemon that utilizes Calm Mind such as :Primarina: :Sylveon: :Clefable: :Comfey: :Blissey: :Reuniclus: and so on: and my team did not have an effective check to this. Also my team only had :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: to take Wicked Blow from :Urshifu: @ Choice Band, so I found this pokemon using Sheer Cold and having Fairy-type was the best fit. Regarding the moveset, Moonblast and Sheer Cold is to kill pokemon I mentioned earlier. Aurora Veil is an identity move, that help my team tank few more hits. The last moveslot was initially Blizzard. However, I found that I never used Blizzard except for Max Hailstorm, so I decided to use Max Hailstorm based on Sheer Cold and replaced Blizzard to Rest. Since I need Ninetales' Sheer Cold against stall teams, I needed to preserve its HP in order to make my win condition(including TOD). So I think using Rest is quite reasonable. For the item, I couldn't find anything good, so just gave Light Clay. It was good because it could loosen the opponent's tempo.

:Noivern:
Noivern @ Life Orb
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 212 HP / 4 Def / 124 SpA / 12 SpD / 156 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Roost

* Outspeeds Max Speed :Gengar:
* When Dynamaxed: 252 Atk Hustle :Dracozolt: Outrage vs. 212 HP / 4 Def :Noivern:: 306-362 (81.8 - 96.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
* Def < SpDef for Download :Porygon-Z:

Although Noivern's viability has been declined during the meta, I believe it has a potential of being a Galar version of Special Attacker :Salamence-Mega:, so I opted to use it. My set is quite bulky, leaving the damage output to Life Orb. Since its defensive/offensive typing is strong against :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: (Rapid Strike) and :Dracozolt: :Rotom-Heat: :Rotom-Mow: so on, it really felt like I was using :Salamence-Mega: in Galar! This pokemon opened the potential of 'Dynamax-First' in my team, but I didn't do that often, instead I cycled my pokemon and Dynamaxed Noivern as a lategame sweeper. Roost is a strong move itself, and in my opinion it is better than U-turn or Solar Beam because I can also use it as Max Guard. You can use Frisk instead of Infiltrator, but I used Infiltrator in order to deal the opponent's Substitutes and :Ninetales-Alola:.

:Amoonguss:
Amoonguss @ Coba Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Def / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Clear Smog
- Spore
- Synthesis

* HP stat 219, 3n (maximizing Regenerator heal amount)
* Little speed investment to outspeed :Snorlax: :Reuniclus:

The hottest 'cushion' in the meta, in my opinion. It walls :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: (Rapid Strike) and :Azumarill: :Primarina: (without Psychic) and stops Dynamax pokemon with Spore + Clear Smog. I gave it Coba Berry (Flying-type resist) because it can tank two Max Airstreams by non-Life Orb :Urshifu: or :Dracozolt:. Although many players had measures for Spore after the rise of Amoonguss, it still could do lots of work. Seed Bomb is the main damage-dealing move that removes Substitutes from :Primarina:. I decided to use Impish nature instead of Bold because I wanted to preserve Seed Bomb damage, and Clear Smog is not for dealing damage.

:Blissey:
Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 36 SpA / 4 SpD / 212 Spe
Calm Nature
- Tri Attack
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Soft-Boiled

* Outspeeds 4 Speed EV :Milotic: :Goodra: :Mandibuzz: and so on

Blissey walls tons of special attackers, and by using Subsitute with lots of speed investment, it takes care of many physical/special walls without Calm Mind. With Substitute, :Aegislash: and :Lapras: matchups can also be in favor. When players see Blissey, they often switch into physical attackers such as :Urshifu: or :Dracozolt:, but by using Substitute and Tri Attack, there is 40% chance of burning/freezing/paralyzing the physical attacker, which makes Blissey unbreakable. Shadow Ball also has 40% chance of lowering special defense thanks to Serene Grace, and it serves more than just attacking Ghost-types. In general, I used this Blissey the most, and it made a lot of lucky wins. One thing to remember is that it is breakable by Calm Mind users: so don't believe in it too much and make them face your :Ninetales-Alola: or :Amoonguss:.

:Mudsdale:
Mudsdale @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Body Press
- Rest

* Little Speed investment to outspeed :Toxapex:

With the great ability Stamina and Sitrus Berry, this Mudsdale is trained to tank many hits from :Dracozolt: and kill it with Body Press. Since it can use Max Quake and Max Steelspike and boost its already great bulk, it can easily become an unbreakable wall. Especially, when Aurora Veil support is on, it can surprise-Dynamax in front of strong special attackers and knock them out, making the game very easy to win. When using this set, using Rest in the right timing is very important. It can also be used when TOD against stall teams.

I don't have much to say. As mentioned at marilli's post, cushion first and dynamax second.
Also do not send out :Amoonguss: + :Blissey: + :Mudsdale:.

Hey I've been using your team, but gotta say is kinda complicated to use. Can you put more info into Gameplay?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey I've been using your team, but gotta say is kinda complicated to use. Can you put more info into Gameplay?
I don’t think you’ll get much as they said English is not their first language. They linked marilli’s description of “cushion first, dynamax second,” did you read that? That would imply you want to force your opponent to dynamax, outlast those turns with either Amoonguss, Blissey or Mudsdale (but not all three in the same match) and then dynamax your Noivern, Urshifu or Ninetales to win the game. Which Pokémon you chose to bring and accomplish this game plan with will depend on the Team Preview stage before the match. You’ll need to assess what the opponent might lead with or try to win with, and bring something that can check those so that they are forced to Dynamax, then make sure you have something in the back with a good matchup to be able to reverse Dynamax sweep.

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
BSS Crown Tundra Noteworthy Buffs and Nerfs (Since USUM)

Crown Tundra brought back a ton of viable BSS Pokemon and there's a lot of noteworthy changes so I thought I should just keep them in one place for easier viewing. Note I'm only noting potentially relevant Pokemon and relevant changes and ignoring the rest Pokemon are in dex number order, and the list is in order of relevance. I also did not list Pokemon whose only nerfs are the fact that they no longer have mega evolutions (e.g. Swampert and Metagross).

:zapdos: Mixed
+ Hurricane: Great Flying STAB (finally) and 140BP Max Airstream. Previously had no access to a single Special Flying type attack (Air Cutter as a HGSS Tutor move)
- Toxic: Lost Toxic, rendering the defensive variants useless. Toxic usage in USUM was around 50%
- Hidden Power (Ice): HP Ice is no longer available, which makes the matchup against Pokemon like Landorus, Garchomp, Salamence, and Dragonite a lot rougher.
+ Rising Voltage: Insane damage output in Electric Terrain, as well as a 140BP Max Lightning without relying on Thunder. Requires terrain setup, however.

:moltres: Buffed
+ Scorching Sands: Ground coverage for a fire type is always amazing. Can finally beat Heatran. The high burn chance makes it highly spammable as everyone knows so that's a plus too.
+ Max Airstream: Has the option of using a Flying type attack without missing now
+ Heavy Duty Boots: While probably not the best item for it, still makes it usable even when the opposing team has Stealth Rock options

:dragonite: Buffed
+ Dual Wingbeat: Spammable flying coverage without resorting to Fly.
+ No more HP Ice: Improves matchups against several Pokemon that previously beat it (such as Zapdos)
+ Dynamax: Terrific typing for a Dyanmax Pokemon, with 2 of the top 5 max moves in the game giving STAB

:raikou: Mixed
+ Scald: Coverage to hit Ground types super effectively, especially useful with the removal of HP Ice. Scald is mindlessly spammable like everyone knows so that's a plus too.
- Toxic: Lost Toxic, rendering the Substall vairant useless (previously at 40%)
- HP Ice: Lost its main coverage option but with the addition of Scald it's not a big deal
+ Aura Sphere: Another coverage option that is good against Tyranitar but not much else to be honest. It's in the same scope as Shadow Ball which it already had, but having more moves it means Assault Vest becomes a viable option for Raikou.

:entei: Buffed
+ Extreme Speed: Best priority move in the game, previously only available on Entei via gen 4 event, is back as a levelup move.
+ Crunch: fantastic coverage option to hit the Ghost types that are common in the metagame
- Toxic: While not as reliant on Toxic as its fellow dog Raikou (30%), it makes the subtoxic stall variant completely useless

:blaziken: Nerfed
- Mega Evo: No more mega evolving. RIP.
+ Close Combat: Reliable strong Fighting type move! No more stressful 90% HJK! Speaking of which....
- High Jump Kick: Lost HJK so you're going to do a tad less damage than what you used to before.
- Knock Off: Lost Dark type coverage vs Psychic types switching in anticipating Fighting moves and it's also a spammable good secondary effect move.
- HP Ice: Lost coverage previously used to surprise kill Garchomps and Landoruses.
+ U-Turn: Honestly this thing had Baton Pass already anyway, but breaking Disguise and Focus Sash is a pretty nice bonus.

:salamence: Nerfed
- Mega Evo: Honestly this alone is 97% of the reason why Salamence will be nowhere near as broken as it was in Gen 7
- Roost: Not that it really matters since the bulk of the mega evolution was what made Roost ridiculous, but even then Salamence can no longer take advantage of certain Pokemon to set up forever without reliable recovery.
+ Dual Wingbeat: Reliable Flying STAB that isn't Fly! Same thing as Dragonite basically
+ Dynamax: see Dragonite, except Mence has the option of running Moxie like Gyarados
+ No more HP Ice: same as Dragonite
+ Hurricane: a secondary STAB option for the special variant, though with unreliable accuracy unless dynamaxed

:regirock: Buffed
+ Body Press: Regirock used to be a trash tier mon but with Body Press this thing can actually deal some damage thanks to its 200 base defense

:latias: :latios: they both got the same buffs
+ Aura Sphere: Amazing coverage against steel types and their nemesis for the past 15 years Tyranitar
+ Mystical Fire: Amazing coverage against steel types (again), especially Ferrothorn, which means they don't suffer from losing HP Fire. Secondary effect makes it very spammable as well.
+ Air Slash: They got Air Slash right on time to have a Max Airstream option
- Mega Evolution: Moreso a nerf for Latias since Mega Latias was broken, but Latios hardly ever mega evolved anyway
- Roost: They still have Recover but you can no longer click Roost to bait a misplay from your opponent thinking Earthquakes affect the Latis after a Roost unfortunate

:garchomp: Buffed
+ Scale Shot: Got a speed boosting option (at last!) at the cost of lowering its own defense. Dragon Dance was still too soon for humankind in 2020.
+ Dynamax: Has two fantastic STAB Max Moves at its disposal
+ Removal of HP Ice: same as Dragonite
- Toxic: No more Toxic means Garchomp has no statusing options left besides Body Slam secondary
- Mega Evo: LOL who megad Garchomp anyway

:heatran: Mixed
+ Scorching Sands: A slightly weaker but with a more deadly secondary effect (and therefore more spammable just like Scald) than Earth Power.
- Toxic: Just like everything else that lost it, makes the stall-focused set trash
+ Body Press: makes it good against Tyranitar, not that Tyranitar enjoyed coming in in the first place, but also against Chansey and Blissey making it a great stallbreaker

:regigigas: Buffed
+ Protect: This thing is actually capable of stalling out 5 turns of Slow Start a lot more effectively now, and combined with Substitute it SubProtect effortlessly.
- Return: Lost the best standard Normal STAB move so it now has to rely on Mega Kick or Body Slam, speaking of which...
+ Body Slam: Lost return but Body Slam works fine I suppose
+ Rest: Yeah this thing is definitely staying alive for 5 turns and going to show you what it means to have 670 BST
+ Heat Crash, Darkest Lariat: Better coverage options!
- Toxic: Yeah but you're going to abuse this thing's 165 base attack anyway. It was only common before because it never lived long enough to get its act together

:cresselia: Nerfed
+ Nothing has Toxic: Good luck killing Cresselia without Toxic
- Toxic: Good luck diminishing HP on the opponent with Cresselia without Toxic
- Metagame is mean to Psychic types: Dragapult, Mimikyu, Cinderace... some things are pretty clear.
+ Stored Power: I guess it's better than Psychic after two CM boosts, even though the best attacking move this meta will be Ice Beam yet again

:tornadus-therian: Buffed
+ Dynamax: Tornadus' main weakness, the inaccuracy of Hurricane, is covered up with Max Airstream, which even boosts its speed. It's even faster than Cinderace!
+ Nasty Plot: Nothing is going to enjoy taking +2 Max Airstreams

:thundurus: :thundurus-therian: Nerfed
- No more HP Ice: It basically lost its main coverage option
- Bad dynamax synergy: can only use physical Max Airstream, and does not get benefits of Electric Terrain
- Toxic: Incarnate lost its ability to Toxic Substall opponents (25%)

:landorus-therian: Buffed
+ Dynamax: Flying type STAB is a lot more reliable by changing Fly to Max Airstream, and boosts its speed with a fantastic speed tier. Max Quake is also a fantastic move with a great bonus boosting Spdef
+ Sheer Force: HA Incarnate is now freed
+ No more HP Ice: See Dragonite
- Intimidate: Intimidate doesn't work on a lot of abilities now, and more common stuff have Competitive and Defiant. Notable Pokemon include Mamoswine, Braviary, and Galarian Zapdos.
- Knock Off: Lost access to one of its most spammable coverage options

:tapu koko: Nerfed
- Electric Terrain boost: Lowered from 1.5 to 1.3x
- No HP Ice: Lost one of its main coverage moves
+ Can use physical thanks to dynamax: Wild Charge is a trash move but as Max Lightning it has no downsides and uses Tapu Koko's stronger physical base attack stat.

:tapu lele: Nerfed
- Psychic Terrain boost: Lowered from 1.5 to 1.3x

:tapu bulu: Nerfed
- Existence of Rillaboom: The gorilla learns Grassy Glide, the bull doesn't. Therefore, why use this at all?
- Grassy Terrain boost: Lowered from 1.5 to 1.3x
+ Close Combat and High Horsepower: nice coverage moves, especially for Heatran.

:tapu fini: Buffed
+ Draining Kiss: Makes CM sets a lot harder to kill

:pheromosa: Buffed
+ Close Combat: Reliable Fighting move! No more HJK stress, just like Blaziken.
+ Triple Axel: Ice Beam is still more reliable but it's still great to use.

:xurkitree: Nerfed
- Tail Glow: RIP setup
- No Z-Moves: no more Z-Hypnosis sweeps
- No more HP Ice: Another Electric type that lost vital coverage without Hidden Power. There's a clear pattern here.

:stakataka: Buffed
+ Body Press: Who signed off on giving a Pokemon with 211 base defense Body Press?
+ Heat Crash: This thing is so heavy it will have 120BP against almost everything

:blacephalon: Buffed
- Flame Charge: No longer has a viable way to boost speed when predicting the opponent to switch
+ Hypnosis: Blind Hypnosis is always a boon to a Pokemon's viability (unfortunately)
+ Solar Beam: added coverage and Max Overgrowth option vs unsuspecting Water type switch ins

Last edited:
A small thing, but Landorus can actually use Sheer Force sets now due to the Ability Patch (or at least it’s a lot easier to).

DW Edit: added

Last edited by a moderator:

1_TrickPhony

BSS Circuit Co-host
1TP's way too early viability guesses (so preliminary I'm not gonna even post in the VR thread that isnt up!)
Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 6.22.13 PM.png

(Updated, watched DW's video and although I haven't seen regirock, they have been moved from "nah" to C ranks or lower)

Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 11.53.41 PM.png

(extra sprites that weren't on the other tier list maker)

Hopefully this helps you when looking for mons to playtest! Let us know how it goes, what you agree/disagree with!

Last edited:
I would also also like to add that Thundurus has Defiant, so Physical with Max Airstream and Lightning is the way to go.

The Eon Duo got Aura Sphere which makes Tyranitar less reliable answer.

1_TrickPhony

BSS Circuit Co-host
I would also also like to add that Thundurus has Defiant, so Physical with Max Airstream and Lightning is the way to go.

The Eon Duo got Aura Sphere which makes Tyranitar less reliable answer.
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 161-192 (77.7 - 92.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (100.00% chance to 2HKO after accuracy)

Tyranitar is still a pretty damn good check, especially since you have to worry about 1. Focus Sash, and 2. Weakness Policy + Dynamax. I would say that Aura sphere doesnt get my moveslot, I'd prefer Draco/Psychic/MF/Recover, or 2/3 of those + calm mind recover on latios.
Agree with the points on Thundurus, it may just get outclassed by other airstream sweeper, I can see a high of B rank if things go its way (Regular Zapdos in my head is better right now, it may be on par with galar-dos)

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 161-192 (77.7 - 92.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (100.00% chance to 2HKO after accuracy)

Tyranitar is still a pretty damn good check, especially since you have to worry about 1. Focus Sash, and 2. Weakness Policy + Dynamax. I would say that Aura sphere doesnt get my moveslot, I'd prefer Draco/Psychic/MF/Recover, or 2/3 of those + calm mind recover on latios.
Agree with the points on Thundurus, it may just get outclassed by other airstream sweeper, I can see a high of B rank if things go its way (Regular Zapdos in my head is better right now, it may be on par with galar-dos)
I thought it was still worth mentioning since Tyranitar is no longer a full proof answer. I remember OHKOing Tyranitar with Aura Sphere in Doubles with Specs Latios.

1TP's way too early viability guesses (so preliminary I'm not gonna even post in the VR thread that isnt up!)
I'm very interested to hear why you put Tyrantrum in Niche rather than Nah tier!
Anyway, I think Regidraco is a little underrated at the moment. For anyone doubting its raw power, with Choice Specs a max health Dragon Energy oneshots no investment Nihilego 100% of the time. While that is very situational, the much less situational Specs Draco Meteor still oneshots 4HP/4SpD Nihilego 87.5% percent of the time. Considering Nihilego has whopping 109/131 defenses, this is a little ridiculous. Obviously still a very memey mon though, thanks to its pathetic movepool.
And here's a replay of Specs Dragon Energy oneshotting Nihilego.

Hello, it is Ika here coming back after a long hiatus to talk a bit about an archetype I've been messing around with on Pokemon Showdown for the Crowned Tundra expansion.

I am talking about the obnoxious combination of dual screens and trick room to take advantage of the strengths of two new toys.

The Fantastic Four: Regieleki / Celesteela / Mimikyu / Glastrier

Screens Mode: Regieleki / Celesteela

Essentially Regieleki can get up screens for free on pretty much every pokemon due to its speed tier. You can either opt for max/max naive nature or a defensive investment with enough EVs to live a max quake from Lando/Garchomp after a reflect and you should still be faster than +1 chomper. Think the glass cannon is probably better though. Your moveset should mostly be Thunderbolt or Thunder Cage / Light Screen / Reflect / Explosion in my opinion. I do prefer thunderbolt over thunder cage just for accuracy/power reasons. Twave is alright, but on hard setup, I think you just want a reliable way to get out of there so to speak so you can get into your sweeper of choice.

Now there are many possible setup sweepers, generally I add a few to cover various bases. I've experimented with Dragonite, Garchomp, Landorus-T, Dragapult, Excadrill, Naganadel, Articuno-G, Zapdos-G, Azumarill and Tapu Fini (although there are several more possible sweepers such as lele, ttar, volc, diggersby, Gyarados, togekiss that would probably work in the same vein). You want to add a few, but one you must have IMO is Celesteela. Celesteela with Weakness Policy and max airstream or autotomise is an absolute terror and unkillable under screens without multiple max moves. The best infiltrator pokemon in the meta, dragapult, cannot handle celesteela well either. All the sets on celesteela, leech seed/subprotect stall, specially offensive autotomise, physically offensive autotomise or even mixed are great, you kind of customise the set based on your other sweepers.

TR Mode: Mimikyu / Glastrier

Mimikyu with the same set as usual (you can even use taunt and curse if you want with mental herb to frustrate hippowdon trying to yawn/ww cycle. There's not much more to say about this as its pretty similar to mimi/rhyperior that was seen in early gen 8. The only change is to use Glastrier over rhyperior. Glastrier hits just as hard and has an offensive typing that is harder to switch into and better special defence and no 4x weaknesses. You can use WP on this or celesteela though I do prefer celesteela. I prefer SD 3 attacks with ice ground fighting coverage here. It hits like a truck, is virtually unkillable by most pokemon in one hit due to its natural defences, especially when dynamaxed. One thing to note and why pairing this TR core with screens is so obnoxious is that you can use glastrier under screens too as a breaker.

Other thoughts:

Generally I like to pair this with another screens sweeper that can deal well with hippo shenanigans and a Cinderace check. Primarina or Belly Drum Azumarill can work well in this slot so long as you have an electric immunity as they work well both under screens and TR. Flame Orb Conkeldurr can also work here.

Anyways I just thought I'd give an idea of something cool that people can try out in the new patch.

1_TrickPhony

BSS Circuit Co-host
I'm very interested to hear why you put Tyrantrum in Niche rather than Nah tier!
Anyway, I think Regidraco is a little underrated at the moment. For anyone doubting its raw power, with Choice Specs a max health Dragon Energy oneshots no investment Nihilego 100% of the time. While that is very situational, the much less situational Specs Draco Meteor still oneshots 4HP/4SpD Nihilego 87.5% percent of the time. Considering Nihilego has whopping 109/131 defenses, this is a little ridiculous. Obviously still a very memey mon though, thanks to its pathetic movepool.
And here's a replay of Specs Dragon Energy oneshotting Nihilego.
Good-ish bulk, hits pretty hard, has two nice complementary max moves, and has dragon dance. C ranks or lower is not a very high praise, it basically means it has some potentially available niche where it won't strictly be outclassed all the time, I personally won't be messing with any of them in those ranks myself.

Does anyone have a good celesteela set. Ive been experimenting with this set and it am still deciding on whether it should be a physical or special attacker.

Celesteela @ Assault Vest
Ability: Beast Boost
Shiny: No
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steel Beam
- Air Slash
- Meteor Beam
- Flamethrower

1_TrickPhony

BSS Circuit Co-host
Does anyone have a good celesteela set. Ive been experimenting with this set and it am still deciding on whether it should be a physical or special attacker.

Celesteela @ Assault Vest
Shiny: No
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steel Beam
- Air Slash
- Meteor Beam
- Flamethrower
The ones Ive seen are weakness policy, fast subseed, and power herb. I assume AV will work fine too, didnt notice it though if it was used

I just noticed that Swampert gets Flip Turn now, which is pretty cool. This makes a pivot style set (with something like Choice Band) possible, which is cool considering that Swampert couldn’t do something like that before. It gets pretty good coverage options too.

Also, can someone tell me why the Alolan auto terrain setters don’t get any of the new terrain moves, or even Terrain Pulse? I was really looking forward to using stuff like Rising Voltage Tapu Koko, but I guess that’s out the window now lol

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Also, can someone tell me why the Alolan auto terrain setters don’t get any of the new terrain moves, or even Terrain Pulse? I was really looking forward to using stuff like Rising Voltage Tapu Koko, but I guess that’s out the window now lol
My uncle works at Game Freak and I showed him RV Koko and EF Lele damage calcs and he said he'll talk to the dev team to not give them those moves.

Spectrier is a Ghost Type Pokemon added to the Crown Tundra DLC. With it's 145 Special Attack and 130 Speed, this thing can poke holes through teams very easily with STAB Shadow Ball boosted to Max Phantasm. It has coverage for 3 other types so it is likely that Spectrier has some bad horsecrap moves like Hyper Beam and Uproar since it's a ghost, it would not get all the coverage in the world so it's useful that it doesn't have 4 move syndrome like other mons like Forretress. (which is removed from the game.) Since it has a lousy movepool but a good special attack and speed stat, why won't we address the ability? Grim Neigh, +1 Special Attack boost every time you faint the opposing mon with your moves. Grim Neigh Stands out to me because it can be useful to have this for Spectrier. It is Beast Boost locked to Special Attack. With the Grim Neigh ability and some status moves like Nasty Plot, Agility, Taunt, and Will-O-Wisp, Spectrier can be a Dynamax Sweeper to destroy lots of teams that aren't packing Trick Room or Choice Scarf like Cinderace, Toxapex, Ferrothorn, Porygon-Z, Landorus-T, and so much more. Plop it a Scarf to make it outspeed everything in the game because it is the 5th fastest relevant choice scarf user in BSS only losing to Dragapult, Pheromosa, Regieleki, and Barraskewda. Speaking of these fast mons, These three can pose a threat to Spectrier, however, Dragapult stands out as the easiest out of the three because it can plop on Shadow Ball and Phantom Force and call it a day unless it gets outsped by scarf or tailwind support from Whimsicott. Pheromosa can use Foul Play or Throat Chop to deal with it but it has to remove an excellent move to deal with Spectrier. Finally, Barraskewda is Irrevelant in BSS because it gets checked by Sucker Punch and Kartana which are good to use to deal with Barraskewda. However, Mimikyu is a counter unless dealt with by breaking Disguise and using Psychic Terrain to prevent Shadow Sneak from attacking. However, Sucker Punch is a problem for Spectrier because it has 60 Defense, which is Glass Cannon, yikes. Unless you are using Psychic Terrain to deal with Priority. Galarian Moltres is a true counter because it can run Nasty Plot and use Max Darkness to fend off Spectrier unless you are running Hyper Beam or Uproar on your Spectrier.

With that out of the way, I want to use Spectrier on a BSS team for a multitude of reasons. 1) That ability Grim Neigh can be useful for Sweeping. 2) Despite having a horsecrap movepool, it's coverage is good in fending off threats like Cinderace, Kartana, and Landorus-T. 3) Dynamax can easily help it with its poor bulk + with Screens, it can tank hits quite well. These three reasons are why I want to use Spectrier. Despite being B tier in the Viability Rankings, It can totally become very dangerous once set up correctly because Nasty Plot + Dynamax + Kill = Spectrier Sweep. Here's the team composition I'm going to use in the BSS metagame.

First of all, I want to run a Screen Setter so that my Spectrier can survive hits unless it gets a critical hit from something like Urshifu Wicked Blow. This will also ensure that I can sweep the opposition with ease. Spectrier needs to be in Pristine Condition with Screen Support to actually make use of its sweeper set very well.

These are the 4 mons that are good Screen Setters: Regieleki, Grimmsnarl, Klefki, and Gmax Lapras.

1605791533592.png1605791582309.png1605791688376.png1605791724550.png

Regieleki can be used to set up screens and can be used as a pivot for Spectrier to set up and sweep if it doesn't deal with Rocks, Spikes, or Toxic Spikes from the opposing team and if it doesn't accumulate over 50% of its HP. It can use Explosion, Thunder Wave, or Electroweb in its last move slot. Electroweb can be a good way to slow down opponents like Dragapult, Thunder Wave is good for crippling status to the opposing team, and Explosion if you want to really pivot out to Spectrier and to deal massive damage in order for Spectrier to finish the mon that has been exploded to get a boost and use Dynamax for the rest of the game.

Grimmsnarl can be used to set up screens and can run Thunder Wave and Trick to cripple the opposition + being immune to psychic types means that it can deal with psychic fangs well and Brick Break for Spectrier makes Grimmsnarl a good option for teams that runs Spectrier.

Klefki can be used to set up screens and can run Thunder Wave and Switcheroo to deal with the same things as Grimmsnarl, but it has Spikes so that Spectrier can easily take mons from 25% with 3 layers of spikes. A layer of spikes is good because it allows Spectrier to get chip damage on the opposing team and can use Shadow Ball to deal with threats that took damage from spikes except for flying types like Galarian Moltres.

Finally, Gmax Lapras can be used as a Gmax if you are not planning to Dynamax Spectrier. However, it is more offensive and not a good screen setter because it can deal with Flying Types such as Galarian Moltres and Landorus-T.

1605791533592.png1605791582309.png1605791688376.png
First, let's remove Lapras because Lapras needs to set up Aurora Veil and that will cost the Dynamax Button to do so. I think Lapras doesn't do well with Spectrier because it uses Gmax and it doesn't pivot into anything at all.

1605791533592.png1605791582309.png
Next, let's remove Klefki. Though it can set up Spikes and use Thunder Wave to cripple opposing mons. It's a worse Grimmsnarl and it gets checked by Fire-Types like Cinderace and Blaziken.

This means that Grimmsnarl and Regieleki are good choices for setting up screens for Spectrier and the rest of its teammates. These are the two most used Screen Setters in the metagame currently. Prankster is nice for Grimmsnarl because it allows it to set up Screens and use Thunder Wave and Trick to give crippling status and item while it gets Spirit Break to deal with Dragons like Dragapult and break Mimikyu's Disguise. Regieleki is the fastest thing on the field unless in TR, the slowest thing on the field. It can set up Screens and can use Electroweb and Volt Switch for Electric Coverage. It can also use Explosion to pivot out if there is a ground type meaning that you might run physical investment to make that Explosion hit hard. Finally, Thunder Wave is good to cripple the opposition in the later stages of the game.

If you chose Eleki, you with have Eleki and Spectrier together as your first two mons on the team. You can use Eleki as a pivot for Spectrier for a game-ending sweep. You'll have to be careful about Ground Types like Excadrill, Garchomp, and Landorus-T.

If you chose Grimmsnarl, you with have Grimmsnarl and Spectrier together as your first two mons on the Spectrier team. Both complement each other because Grimmsnarl can cripple choice scarf users with Trick and can slow down opponents with Thunder Wave and Scary Face, though Thunder Wave is preferred over Scary Face and Trick because you need at least 8 turns of screens so that Spectrier can do well. Finally, Taunt can deal with Support Eleki but not Offensive Eleki.

1605791533592.png
Regieleki @ Light Clay
Ability: Transistor
Serious Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Electroweb
- Volt Switch

With this moveset, you can deal with non-ground type pokemon with Electroweb and Volt Switch. Transistor helps Eleki greatly because it adds power to its STAB Electric moves. The only thing you have to worry about is Lando and Taunt on Grimmsnarl but overall is a good set that Eleki can use.

You can use a multitude of EV spreads to run for Eleki. For Example, 148 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 100 Spe with Timid Nature since it is not running any Physical Attacks however, it makes Porygon2 get an Attack Boost with Foul Play. But for me personally, I run 252 SpA/ 252 Spe/ and 4 SpD with Timid nature to outspeed Modest Screens Eleki.

1605791582309.png
Grimmsnarl (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 4 SpA / 124 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

This is a good moveset to use for Grimmsnarl. Screens for Helping Spectrier out is nice, Thunder Wave for Status, and Taunt for Support Eleki, The problem is that it can get taunted easily but with 4 speed EV's, it can taunt other Grimmsnarl and can do its job quite well. Though it can run 252 HP/ 124 Def/ 128 SPD I chose this EV Spread. Though it is 1 point weaker in Special Defense and it has to roll on a 50/50 on Porygon2's Download boost, it can really help with Spectrier quite well.

Now then, here comes Spectrier, the Second mon to be in this team.
1605806284216.png

Spectrier can run a Nasty Plot set with Timid Nature and can be a Dynamax sweeper. However, you need to screens set up in order to deal with physical attackers because it has base 60 Defense. 80 Special Defense is also bad because it can still get OHKO'd by Galarian Moltres. However, the moves that it has are solid and it doesn't need to deal with 4 move syndrome. It can run Nasty Plot/Agility, followed by Shadow Ball, Uproar, and Mud Shot. Shadow Ball for STAB, Uproar to deal with Sleep from Spore Amoonguss, and Mud Shot for Speed Drops. Alternatively, it can run Hyper Beam for more damage or Dark Pulse for Flinches. It can also run Taunt and Will-O-Wisp on the Scarf Sets which are now Modest for maximum power for its 3 moves. And Agility can be used in some way shape or fashion to Outspeed the entire metagame, but it needs power on Nasty Plot, so Tailwind Support might be good for your Spectrier to use to Outspeed these 4 mons.

1605798486397.png
Spectrier @ Life Orb
Ability: Grim Neigh
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot/Agility
- Shadow Ball
- Dark Pulse/Uproar/Hyper Beam
- Mud Shot

1605806297395.png

Spectrier @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Grim Neigh
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp/Taunt/Snarl
- Shadow Ball
- Dark Pulse/Uproar/Hyper Beam
- Mud Shot

Once Spectrier gets Reflect Support from Eleki, it can survive Mimikyu's Shadow Sneak even at +6, making it a great check-in only 8 turns of screens.

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Dynamax Spectrier through Reflect: 103-122 (29.4 - 34.8%) -- 9.4% chance to 3HKO
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Spectrier through Reflect: 103-122 (58.8 - 69.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Spectrier through Reflect: 52-62 (29.7 - 35.4%) -- 17.6% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Dynamax Spectrier through Reflect: 52-62 (14.8 - 17.7%) -- possible 6HKO
+6 252 Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Dynamax Spectrier through Reflect: 207-243 (59.1 - 69.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Next, we need a U-Turn user that can pivot Spectrier in Safely for Dynamax Sweeping. A possible mon to run for the job goes to Landorus-T. Another candidate goes to Whimiscott.

1605799627581.png1605799691153.png

These Two Can Do well in the metagame because they have functions that can help Spectrier and it's Teammates. Landorus-T has Intimidate to reduce physical attacks from physical attackers. It can run Choice Scarf, Sitrus Berry, Iapapa Berry, and Assualt Vest quite well. Meanwhile, Whimsicott can run Prankster Tailwind and Memento to cripple offensive mons like Opposing Spectrier, Glastrier, Cinderace, Rillaboom, and Kartana just to name a few. It also packs U-turn for Pivoting out of Tailwind and would be a fast pivot user that can pair with Grimmsnarl, but will deal with poison and steel weaknesses. Focus Sash is Necessary for Whimsicott so that it can take a hit while setting up Tailwind and use Memento or U-turn to Pivot out to Spectrier or it's teammates.

If you pick Landorus-T, you might run either Offense or TR because it has pretty great bulk and good speed and can tank hits like Ice Beam and Gmax Fireball from Cinderace. If you run a choice scarf, it is a good scarf user as it can use U-turn to pivot out to Spectrier and to give it free turns to use Nasty Plot or Agility. However, Spectrier can't use a choice scarf and would most likely run the Life Orb Nasty Plot Set.

If you pick Whimsicott, you most likely are running Hyper Offense, no joke. Tailwind for mons such as Spectrier and Galarian Moltres, U-turn for pivoting to Spectrier, Memento for Crippling mons, and the last move can be either Charm, Grassy Terrain, or Fake Tears to cripple AV users like Landorus-T and Kartana. You might even see Whimsicott run Leech Seed for Chip Damage so that Spectrier and its teammates take it down. Heck run Light Screen or endeavor to have a backup light screen intact and endeavor for easy 1 HP pickings as a lead so that it can tailwind and let Spectrier in for free for an easy Dynamax Sweep or one of Spectrier teammates like Kartana for assistance.

1605799691153.png
Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Bold Nature/Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Memento
- U-turn
- Endeavor/Grassy Terrain/Fake Tears/Charm/Leech Seed

This can be used as a Lead Set or a Support set for Whimsicott. Charm Helps soften up the Physical Attack of the many Physical mons in the tier such as Cinderace and Dragapult which makes Spectrier more dangerously wild and difficult. It can charm, then set up a tailwind before it faints. It can also Tailwind then Charm then faint or Tailwind and Memento and Faint. U-Turn can get replaced by Grassy Terrain, Fake Tears, or Leech Seed since it can use Memento for easy pivoting.

1605799627581.png
Landorus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 212 HP / 84 Atk / 164 Def / 44 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- U-turn
- Fly

This is the Landorus-Therian set I got from Smogon but I made my own specific EV spread for Landorus-T. However, you can get a different EV Spread from the Smogon Analysis of Landorus-T. Anyway, it can also be used as a good Dynamax Option but it is not that good as Spectrier or Its Teammates.

1605799627581.png

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Superpower/Fly
- U-turn

This Choice Scarf set is good because of the attack and speed you are getting on Landorus. However, it leaves it weak to Ice Beams so be careful. It can be also used as a Dynamax Option if you don't want to Dynamax Spectrier but you will lose your scarf for 3 turns which can let other mons beat Dmax Lando 1v1. You can either run Superpower or Fly based on preference if you want to gain an attack boost or gain a speed boost when Dynamaxed.

Next, we need a mon that can help with Spectrier + benefits from Screen Support. It is none other than Kartana.

1605824192112.png
The reason why Kartana is used is that it can help Spectrier by providing offensive pressure to the opposing team. Kartana likes the use of Dual Screen Support to become tanky as possible. AV is a good choice one Kartana because it needs Special Bulk to live with lots of Special Attacks. Sash can be nice as well since it is immune to Sandstorm Chip Damage. It can also be your backup Dynamax Sweeper at any time if Spectrier is used for Wall breaking. Run Both Stab moves + Sacred Sword and Aerial Ace, which is the Standard Set for Kartana. It can remove Steel Stab with Swords Dance if it finds an opportunity against a physical attacker. However, it has to be careful not to go fire on the types that are weak to like fire type physical attackers Like Cinderace and Blaziken, special attackers, or bulky mons like Celesteela. Choice Band can also be used on it but it is prediction reliant like Scarf Spectrier and Scarf Landorus.

Sets for Kartana

1605824192112.png
Kartana @ Assault Vest
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 180 HP / 60 Atk / 20 Def / 244 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike
- Aerial Ace

This AV set can be used quite effectively for Kartana. However, it is a waste of a Kartana because of having 4 speed EVs. If you are willing to suggest better spreads for AV Kartana, Please reply below. I'll put them on the thread if you want to run a different spread. If you want to use this, you are going to get outspeed by mons with that breaks Kartana's awful 130 speed. That includes Cinderace, Blaziken, Naganadel, Urshifu, and sometimes even Barraskewda because it can use CB and use Close Combat to Crumple the Paper Sword unless running screens which Kartana can check it.

Kartana @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Aerial Ace
- Smart Strike

If you are running AV Lando, then this is the perfect Kartana set to use quite effectively. Focus Sash allows it to attack for a second time and can be used as an effective Dynamax Sweeper because it's fast and quite powerful. Sash really helps Kart out because it can still hit for one more brutal assault before fainting. Once Fainted, Spectrier can come in and can Clean/Sweep. Kartana can also be used as a late-game cleaner once the Ghost Horse has done its sweeping goal. It has to be careful about Dragonite though, it can ruin things for Kartana and Lando might help finish it off with Stone Edge.

If you are done with adding the following mons to your team: Regieleki, Spectrier, Grimmsnarl, Whimsicott, Kartana, and Landorus-T you should have your Spectrier Core. Remember that you only need a Screen Setter and a Pivot user. Do not add all of these mons as you need another core to your team (I.E Trick Room + Kartana)

One of these solid team cores for Spectrier teams should look like this:

1605791533592.png1605798486397.png1605799627581.png1605824192112.png

Regieleki is used as a pivot while setting up screens. A backup pivot would be Landorus-T with U-turn support. If you have AV Kartana, then running Scarf or one of the two berries with U-turn is a nice addition for making Landorus-T a big threat. Finally, once these two have set up screens and pivot into Spectrier, Spectrier can Dynamax for a sweep, or set up Nasty Plot and begin to Dynamax once the threat has been neutralized with a +2 Shadow Ball unless sash which Eleki or Lando can break. Generally, I like Eleki to be fast and dangerous as possible while I keep Lando with Scarf and let one of Spectrier's teammates (I.E Kartana) do some work to weaken the opposition while keeping bulk with AV.

Another Solid team core that Spectrier teams should look like this:

1605791582309.png1605798486397.png1605799691153.png1605824192112.png
Grimmsnarl is used as a Prankster mon to set up screens early in the game for Spectrier. Whimsicott is used for providing tailwind and to give a memento to offensive mons which helps Spectrier set up at least 1-2 Nasty Plot boosts then Dynamax as a Dynamax Sweeper. However, you can run Whims/Kart/Spectrier because Kart can deal lots of damage to many threats and lead the way to Spectrier as a Dynamax Sweeper at a weakened mon and end games. A good thing about Kartana is that it can run AV because Lando isn't in the core. But if you want to replace Whimsicott for Lando, you can use sash Kartana and it could deal more damage since it is more of a dangerous physical attacker with fully invested speed, but having AV is still nice for it because it can take a special attack with Support from Light Screen.

Now with that out of the way, here are the last two mons that can make teamwork with Spectrier.

Now we need a Slow Mode like Trick Room to have an alternative core style. In that case, I'll bring up 2 options, either Cresslia or Porygon2.

1605832666020.png1605832705283.png

Both can do well in TR and compliment Screen Support From Eleki and Grimmsnarl Respectively. Both can set up TR and can have many things that make them good. Porygon2 is more offensive than Cresslia and can run offensive moves like Discharge and Ice Beam to deal with Threats like Lando-T. Too bad that Cress can't learn Imprison, but it can learn Trick Room and can support its team quite well with Icy Wind, Thunder Wave. and Lunar Dance.

But there is a third option that you can use but it is much rarer and less consistent than these two Trick Room Setters. It can learn and use the combination of Imprison, Trick Room, and Healing Wish. This mon is...

1605834850095.png Mespirit!

Though it is an untiered pick in BSS, the combination of having Imprison Trick Room is good for a mon like Mespirit. But however, it doesn't have the bulk of Porygon2 or Cresslia. It can also set up Stealth Rocks and can use U-turn as a Pivot to Spectrier, Kart, and Glastrier. Though it is the slowest pivot user around for this team, it can help its team greatly by its support moves. the only way that you're going to use Mespirit is Trick Room, Healing Wish, and the last two moves might go to Stealth Rock, Imprison, or U-Turn,

1605834850095.png
Mesprit @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Imprison/U-Turn
- Trick Room
- Healing Wish
- Stealth Rock

This is a very niche pick in the grand scheme of things. I gave it Max Defense and Max HP for it to be Physically Bulky, but you can give it 252 Speed and Timid and try to make it a fast mon. This can work on Spectrier teams with Landorus and Whimsicott, but you need to give Mespirit another item like Sitrus Berry because Whimsicott needs to run sash to survive a hit in order to set up tailwind or use memento to cripple mons like Cinderace and Dragapult. Levitate is good for Ground Types that don't have Mold Breaker like Excadrill.

This is still WIP. Now open to any replies. Feedback is necessary for the improvement of the Spectrier teams that might come as a legitimate team style soon. Once it is done, I'll feature a few Spectrier teams in the team bazaar for Showdown only since I don't want to overexert myself on making these teams on physical cartridges. So you might see 1-3 Spectrier teams that I'll make once I find the most consistent teams.

Last edited:
I've updated the speed tiers of new pokemon for the Crowned Tundra Metagame, I've done the top 75 pokemon based off Cart usage currently. It's not all inclusive but I just used some of the most common EV spreads/natures. Feel free to add them into the main table whenever.

Speed Stat252+25200- [0 IVs]
446Pheromosa (+2)
404Pheromosa (+2)
362Blaziken (+3)
334Zapdos (+2), , Zapdos-G (+2), Salamence (+2), Pheromosa (+1)
330Blaziken (+3)
314Landorus-T (+2)
312Moltres-G (+2)
304Zapdos (+2), Zapdos-G (+2), Salamence (+2)
301Pheromosa (+1)
290Dragonite (+2), Blaziken (+2)
286Naganadel (+1)Landorus-T (+2)
277Regieleki
268Thundurus-I (+1)
267Latios (+1), Latias (+1)
266Kartana (+1)
264Dragonite (+2), Blaziken (+2)
259Naganadel (+1)
255Nihilego (+1)
253Garchomp (+1)
252Thundurus-T (+1)Regieleki
250Zapdos (+1), Zapdos-G (+1), Salamence (+1)
248Celesteela (+2)
241Tapu Lele (+1), Articuno-G (+1)
235Landorus-T (+1)
234Moltres-G (+1)
228Zapdos (+1), Zapdos-G (+1), Salamence (+1)
225Tapu Fini (+1)
223Pheromosa
222Xurkitree (+1)
220Tapu Lele (+1)Regieleki
217Dragonite (+1) Blaziken (+1)
214Landorus-T (+1)
211Heatran (+1)
201Pheromosa
200Tapu Koko, Spectrier
198Dragonite (+1), Blaziken (+1)
191Naganadel
186Celesteela (+1)
183Raikou
179Thundurus-I
178Latios, Latias
177Kartana
175Scizor (+1)
173Naganadel
170Nihilego
169GarchompCelesteela (+1)
168Thundurus-T
167Zapdos, Zapdos-G, Salamence, EnteiRaikou
161Tapu Lele, Uxie, Articuno-G
157Landorus-T
156Moltres-G
152Zapdos, Zapdos-G, Salamence, Entei
150Tapu Fini, Cresselia, Suicune
148Xurkitree
147Tapu Lele
145Dragonite, Blaziken
143Landorus-T
141Heatran
137Tapu Fini, Cresselia, Suicune
135Xurkitree
132Dragonite, Blaziken
129Heatran
124Celesteela
122Metagross
117Scizor
115Uxie
113Celesteela
111Landorus-T
105Tapu Fini, Cresselia, Suicune
97Heatran
90GlastrierMetagross
85Scizor
81Celesteela
80Swampert
50Glastrier
31Glastrier

Last edited:
I've seen Giga Impact on 1 or 2 Cinderace and Hyper Beam on Pheromosa. Are those seemingly silly recharge moves gaining traction?

1_TrickPhony

BSS Circuit Co-host
I've seen Giga Impact on 1 or 2 Cinderace and Hyper Beam on Pheromosa. Are those seemingly silly recharge moves gaining traction?
I think hyper beam is usable but not great for pheromosa, but for cinderace it is a waste of a moveslot (at least in singles), I'd much rather get a STAB move that can potentially hit something super effectively and doesnt have an immunity. I recommend checking pikalytics for a simple question like this, neither move makes the top 10 common moves list

DerpySuX

I’ll encourage ya smile, I’d expect you don’t cry
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
The only real meta Pokémon I use is Tapu Fini so take this with a grain of salt but
Certain Pokémon make great use of these moves, stuff like Diggersby can make fantastic use of max Giga Impact, and Regieleki can use Max beam to hit a ground type as it tries to block electric STAB. Giga impact is also a great kamikaze move on Diggersby to get a last huge hit off before he goes down. Now obviously you want to avoid using these moves outside of dynamax unless you have a very specific situation where using said move is worth it, but I would argue that these moves do have their place in the current meta thanks to Dynamax.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)