Singles 3v3 Singles (BSS) Discussion

What do you all think the new main threats will be when the expansion hits?
Urshifu (both forms though the Water-type one seems more promising atm) and Volcarona should be major threats. I am somewhat hopeful about Slowbro just based on how it has been marketed. I think the bigger impact is going to come from the new tutor moves. Based on the two revealed so far, they seem to have a pretty high power level and depending on their distribution might just lead to a situation of 'the rich getting richer' and/or given some other Pokemon bumps in viability.

The new GMax starters might be relevant. You will probably opt for GMax Rillaboom and GMax Cinderace. Being able to bypass Disguise seems pretty relevant for Cinderace since it is already quite difficult to answer. Not sure if the others will opt for GMAX. Early Dynamax with GMax Charizard was a strategy that was somewhat popular last month. It was often paired with Curse Mimikyu and other good 1v1 mons to use the chip damage to close out the match.

Anyway there is still a lot unrevealed so it is hard to say how things will shape up in the DLC metagame.

I think where Max Priority Airstream is going to shine is going to be where Disguise Mimikyu shines: reverse Dynamax sweeps. Come in against a weakened (Dynamax) opponent and get a guaranteed first strike with a beefy 130 BP attack. If its get some extra coverage moves in the transition to Gen 8, I definitely think it could make some waves.

EDIT: In regards to Weakness Policy though, that's probably not very viable anyway. I suspect Heavy-Duty Boots will be the item of choice so that it doesn't lose Gale Wings to rocks.
Technically Talonflame’s Max Airstream would be a base 140 attack if using Brave Bird. That extra power could matter lol. I could also see the Sharp Beak item being used here, as I’m pretty sure it’s the best way to boost Max Airstream’s power without sacrificing health here (other boosting items like Choice Band, Life Orb, and Weakness Policy wouldn’t fit the bill in this particular case).

Also, I just realized that Galarian Slowbro only actually has three weaknesses, which is cool. Not too many Fairy Pokémon (besides Mimikyu and maybe Grimmsnarl) are going to run Ghost, Dark, or Ground typed coverage moves either.

You know, I'm really happy they came out with Libero early, but I hope they expand Cinderace's move pool with the DLCs, otherwise it's nerfing Protean. What made it cool with Greninja was its unpredictability... I had an HP Fire Greninja with Water Shuriken and Grass Knot - the ability to switch between the three primaries was awesome :).

As it stands right now, hit Libero Cinderace with a fighting type move, and you have a decent chance of hitting it super effectively...

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Everyone thought priority Z-Flying was gonna be huge in gen 7. it wasn’t. talonflame won’t be viable.

as for new mons; DragonWhale made a speculative tier list on the impact the new mons might have. I accidentally put some Crown Tundra mons in but it’s still pretty accurate

Azumarill will be great as a Cinderace / Dragapult check. I can imagine Kingdra being really good too as a self-setting Rain sweeper. I don’t think I’d rank Blissey or Chansey so high if Toxic remains unlearnable. Blissey might work as a special tank on some builds with access to Calm Mind, but in the physical gen 8 meta (and Fighting moves being valuable as-is to beat Snorlax) I cant see them being too hot

Everyone thought priority Z-Flying was gonna be huge in gen 7. it wasn’t. talonflame won’t be viable.
Is that a fair comparison though? From what I understand, Z-Moves aren't nearly as game-breaking as Dynamax has proven to be. Max Airstream is easily one of the best max moves in the game, and Talonflame gets it with STAB and potentially with priority in opposing Dynamax matchups. Based on information we have now, that makes it the only Dynamax target in the entire generation to have a potential priority move while Dynamaxed. Its the revenge kill potential that's really sticking out to me here, even if it's ability isn't as flexible as something like Disguise on Mimikyu.

Obviously, reality remains to be seen. If anything, I see its typing holding it back due to lack of coverage and weakness to rocks.

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We should keep the thread discussion to the current pre-DLC metagame, instead of speculating what the IoA metagame will look like when we still lack a lot of information.

There might be a separate DLC metagame speculation thread in the future if you want to discuss Talonflame's potential.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You know, I'm really happy they came out with Libero early, but I hope they expand Cinderace's move pool with the DLCs, otherwise it's nerfing Protean. What made it cool with Greninja was its unpredictability... I had an HP Fire Greninja with Water Shuriken and Grass Knot - the ability to switch between the three primaries was awesome :).

As it stands right now, hit Libero Cinderace with a fighting type move, and you have a decent chance of hitting it super effectively...
Anything you’d like to see in particular? Cinderace already gets 13 of the types covered with Water, Grass, Ice, Fairy and Dragon missing. From those types, the only that fit Cinderace flavor-wise in my opinion are Trop Kick and maybe Play Rough. I don’t know if I could even fit them onto a set at the moment either.

Cinderace already has a vice grip on the meta in the short time Libero has been allowed, I’m not sure making it better with movepool expansions is a good thing...

Alright I am stuck. If anyone knows how to counter this set I will love you for life.

PS: I am look for a special attacker to handle this because I don't want a team full of physical attacks.

:ss/Whimsicott:

Whimsicott (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
Level: 50
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Memento

Alright I am stuck. If anyone knows how to counter this set I will love you for life.

PS: I am look for a special attacker to handle this because I don't want a team full of physical attacks.

:ss/Whimsicott:

Whimsicott (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
Level: 50
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Memento
Dragapult does well with its Infilitrator ability. Moonblast is not too scary since you can usually get in safely on a predicted Substitute or Leech Seed. Sylveon is also pretty good with Hyper Voice. This Whimsicott set is definitely odd though. Usually you want Leftovers for SubSeed strategies and Focus Sash for Tailwind/Memento strategies. Hope this helps.

Dragapult does well with its Infilitrator ability. Moonblast is not too scary since you can usually get in safely on a predicted Substitute or Leech Seed. Sylveon is also pretty good with Hyper Voice. This Whimsicott set is definitely odd though. Usually you want Leftovers for SubSeed strategies and Focus Sash for Tailwind/Memento strategies. Hope this helps.
Thanks I just hate using special dragapault and that memento still bothers me

Thanks I just hate using special dragapault and that memento still bothers me
Like zapper said, that set is kinda odd. Usually Whimsicott is either running a Tailwind/Memento lead kind of set or the Sub-Seed set, so seeing both kinds of things here is odd. I think the Sub-Seed aspect has been covered here, so I’ll cover the other ‘lead’ set here. It’s going to be hard to stop Whimsicott from using Tailwind honestly, but there are some ways around Memento. In particular, Clear Body Dragapult and Mirror Armor Corviknight are immune to Memento, so if you can predict that, you could be in good shape. Also, Dark Pokémon are immune to Prankster moves, so Dark Pokémon would be immune to Whimsicott’s Leech Seed and Memento attacks. Obviously Dark Pokémon would be weak to Moonblast a lot of the time as well, so you would need to time your switches into Dark Pokémon well to avoid Memento. Certain Dark typed Pokémon like Incineroar and Tyranitar (especially Incineroar with Flamethrower to avoid Cotton Guard battles), which can tank a Moonblast or two, can also be good options here too.

I hope this helps, and feel free to ask more questions in the future, as I’m sure that people would be happy to answer them.

Like zapper said, that set is kinda odd. Usually Whimsicott is either running a Tailwind/Memento lead kind of set or the Sub-Seed set, so seeing both kinds of things here is odd. I think the Sub-Seed aspect has been covered here, so I’ll cover the other ‘lead’ set here. It’s going to be hard to stop Whimsicott from using Tailwind honestly, but there are some ways around Memento. In particular, Clear Body Dragapult and Mirror Armor Corviknight are immune to Memento, so if you can predict that, you could be in good shape. Also, Dark Pokémon are immune to Prankster moves, so Dark Pokémon would be immune to Whimsicott’s Leech Seed and Memento attacks. Obviously Dark Pokémon would be weak to Moonblast a lot of the time as well, so you would need to time your switches into Dark Pokémon well to avoid Memento. Certain Dark typed Pokémon like Incineroar and Tyranitar (especially Incineroar with Flamethrower to avoid Cotton Guard battles), which can tank a Moonblast or two, can also be good options here too.

I hope this helps, and feel free to ask more questions in the future, as I’m sure that people would be happy to answer them.
It does it just that the team I am making I want a counter for it thats all

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
I think the problem with physical Dragapult to counter SubSeed Whimsicott is that most of them actually should be Cotton Guard, not this iffy Sash Subseed set. So there's fair odds you might just get walled out anyways. If you are leaning heavily physical, you have to worry about sets like those unless you can pressure those stuff from the bud with Darmanitan / Dragapult / etc. rightaway and not give them any setup room.

That being said, I really don't think this 1 set of a Pokemon that sees like 2% usage tops, should dictate your main mode of your team. If you want a special mon and an Infiltrator attacker in the last slot but don't like Dragapult, maybe you can use a physical dragapult and use some other special attacker.

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Coming out my coffin to share a fun Pokemon I haven't seen anyone discuss, nor have I faced it personally! But using it I've actually had some success this season (I started the ranked grind this season a few days ago, hopefully I can hit Master Ball before the DLC drops and the whole meta changes, I just touched Ultra Ball rank). Haven't tested this on the sim yet, I know it's a different ball game out there... But against the mons this thing can check, this Pokemon is remarkably solid:

http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/ani/vileplume.gif

Vileplume @ Black Sludge
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Toxic / Sludge Bomb / Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed / Sludge Bomb
- Strength Sap

Yeah I know... "Why use this when we got Ferrothorn, which has waaay better bulk, a better defensive typing, a more versatile movepool, AND can be a wall or a bulky setup sweeper?" or "Lol Amoonguss is coming in like 2 expansions" or "The new meta is not gonna be kind to Vileplume bruh what's the point" and those are all valid arguments... But here's mine... What Ferrothorn sorely lacks, and the one move Amoonguss doesn't have that would make both of them straight broken, is Strength Sap.

Honestly, Strength Sap is basically this Pokemon's big niche that allows it to function. Without the move, it would straight up lose to everything that I use it to check. Vileplume has 178 HP, which means Strength Sap is basically taking you back to full HP most of the time while still dropping the opponent's Attack by 1. This basically means in a 1v1 scenario, Vileplume is capable of coming out on top against stuff like full physical Dragapult, Excadrill, Snorlax, Rillaboom, Mimikyu, Tyranitar, Haxorus, Rhyperior, Conkeldurr, Durant, offensive Grimmsnarl, Dracovish, and Dracozolt. Now not everything on that list is hard countered by Vileplume... but it can act as a decent/soft check in most situations at the very worst.

Sleep Powder is cool for letting Vileplume give free turns to support its teammates, and Sludge Bomb is good for STAB/not losing a stall war against SubSeed Whimsicott. It also does a nice chunk of damage to Mimikyu. I personally prefer Leech Seed + Toxic because I like watching people suffer...jk no lol but it's mainly to ensure Vileplume can dismantle the majority of opposing Snorlax 1v1. Snorlax should never be running Immunity unless the player just outright doesn't care or used the wrong ability by mistake, so Toxic ensures it gets worn down, while Leech Seed makes you harder to kill. Strength Sap will break even with Curse boosts and basically heal Vileplume all the way to 100% every time. Even the odd Chesto + Rest set will get attritioned by Vileplume, or will put itself to sleep trying to save itself and give a free turn to one of Vileplume's teammates. The only Lax set that is a threat is Belly Drum, for reasons that take me to my next point...

Vileplume has a worse time against physical attackers that can boost Attack by +2 or more because they can out-boost the debuff from Strength Sap. Mainly Excadrill and Mimikyu can be kinda scary for this reason once you factor in Dynamax...Now if either of them are already D-Maxed and Vileplume gets in safely, you're getting a free win 1v1 lol. But if either use SD just once before Dynamaxing you are already in an uphill battle. (Unless it's LO Excadrill, then you're just dead lol) If they use it twice or more you will lose. On the good side you can live a +1 Max Whatever and heal back to full, which can give you a little time to stall out the enemy Dynamax along with chip from Leech Seed/Toxic. In that situation Sleep Powder would be more ideal so you can get a better counter in safely... Vileplume straight up loses to physical attackers that carry supereffective STAB, like Cinderace and Gyarados... don't bother doing the calcs, just take my word you get destroyed lol. Physical attackers with non-STAB Fire coverage can be a pain too...Not as bad as they are to Ferrothorn, but Max Flare can seriously hurt especially if it's from a mixed attacking set, such as Dragapult or mixed TTar. And obviously Vileplume won't really see much shine against defensive (or really any) Pokemon immune to Toxic/Leech Seed, or special attackers that aren't bulky Water-types. It's kind of a niche Pokemon but it is hilariously effective at what it does best...and I can't believe I really wrote a whole dissertation on it smh

Also some calcs for fun:
+1 252+ Atk Snorlax Max Strike (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Vileplume: 130-154 (71.4 - 84.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery (100.00% chance to 2HKO after accuracy)
252+ Atk Snorlax Max Strike (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Vileplume: 87-103 (47.8 - 56.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery (100.00% chance to 3HKO after accuracy)

+1 252 Atk Excadrill Max Quake (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Vileplume: 136-162 (74.7 - 89%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery (100.00% chance to 2HKO after accuracy)
252 Atk Excadrill Max Quake (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Vileplume: 93-109 (51 - 59.8%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery (4.70% chance to 2HKO after accuracy)

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Max Phantasm (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Vileplume: 125-148 (68.6 - 81.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery (100.00% chance to 2HKO after accuracy) (Def drops from Max Phantasm actually swing this in Mimikyu's favor unless it's unboosted)
252 Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Max Phantasm (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Vileplume: 83-99 (45.6 - 54.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery (100.00% chance to 3HKO after accuracy)
0 SpA Vileplume Sludge Bomb vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mimikyu: 54-64 (41.2 - 48.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (100.00% chance to 3HKO after accuracy)

252 Atk Life Orb Dragapult Max Wyrmwind (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Vileplume: 109-130 (59.8 - 71.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery (100.00% chance to 2HKO after accuracy)
-1 252 Atk Life Orb Dragapult Max Wyrmwind (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Vileplume: 74-87 (40.6 - 47.8%) -- 23.1% chance to 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery (23.10% chance to 3HKO after accuracy)

0- SpA Dragapult Max Flare (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Vileplume: 102-122 (56 - 67%) -- 89.8% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery (89.80% chance to 2HKO after accuracy) I put this calc to show Dragapult can be a problem if mixed, even with unfavorable nature, no EVs, and no Life Orb... because this goes to (84.6 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO once Sun is up from the first Max Flare...and chances are they will be Life Orb, have SpA, or be a neutral nature.

252 Atk Life Orb Mold Breaker Haxorus Max Wyrmwind (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Vileplume: 126-149 (69.2 - 81.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery (100.00% chance to 2HKO after accuracy)
-1 252 Atk Life Orb Mold Breaker Haxorus Max Wyrmwind (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Vileplume: 86-101 (47.2 - 55.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery (100.00% chance to 3HKO after accuracy)

252+ Atk Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Vileplume: 80-96 (43.9 - 52.7%) -- 99.4% chance to 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery (99.40% chance to 3HKO after accuracy)
252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Vileplume: 120-142 (65.9 - 78%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery (100.00% chance to 2HKO after accuracy)
-1 252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Vileplume: 80-96 (43.9 - 52.7%) -- 99.4% chance to 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery (99.40% chance to 3HKO after accuracy)

252 Atk Life Orb Hustle Durant Max Steelspike (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Vileplume: 153-181 (84 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery (100.00% chance to 2HKO after accuracy)
-1 252 Atk Life Orb Hustle Durant Max Steelspike (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Vileplume: 103-122 (56.5 - 67%) -- 91% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery (91.00% chance to 2HKO after accuracy)

252+ Atk Choice Band Strong Jaw Dracovish Psychic Fangs vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Vileplume: 150-178 (82.4 - 97.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery (100.00% chance to 2HKO after accuracy)
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Strong Jaw Dracovish Psychic Fangs vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Vileplume: 102-120 (56 - 65.9%) -- 80.9% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery (80.90% chance to 2HKO after accuracy)
252+ Atk Choice Band Strong Jaw Dracovish Fishious Rend (Doubled) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Vileplume: 112-132 (61.5 - 72.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery (0.00% chance to 2HKO after accuracy)
252+ Atk Choice Band Dracovish Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Vileplume: 106-126 (58.2 - 69.2%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery (99.60% chance to 2HKO after accuracy)

I think I saw that set in use once, but that was easily stopped by my Drill because the Vileplume was chipped so it died to an unboosted Max Quake, so it would be important for Vileplume to be healthy since the calcs show that it would take 70-80% damage from those moves, but yeah it’s a pretty cool set that will be able to stop physical wallbreakers.

Hi guys! Took a long break 'cause of exams.
I was wondering if anybody could pass me some good evs for Rotom-heat and Libero Cinderace to use as partners.
The first four mons of the team already perform really well (Sandaconda, Excadrill, Rillaboom and Dracovish), and Rotom definately fits the team, but I was thinking that maybe there was a better spread than just max hp max speed timid. Moves are discharge, dark pulse, overheat and Nasty plot. Item is currently Sitrus berry.
For Cinderace, it's currently adamant boots. Any spread or item change could be helpful. It's kind of a dragapult check right now, plus helps dealing with fairies using Gunk shot.
Thansk for the help, as always!

as for new mons; DragonWhale made a speculative tier list on the impact the new mons might have. I accidentally put some Crown Tundra mons in but it’s still pretty accurate

Azumarill will be great as a Cinderace / Dragapult check. I can imagine Kingdra being really good too as a self-setting Rain sweeper. I don’t think I’d rank Blissey or Chansey so high if Toxic remains unlearnable. Blissey might work as a special tank on some builds with access to Calm Mind, but in the physical gen 8 meta (and Fighting moves being valuable as-is to beat Snorlax) I cant see them being too hot
How is Alakazam not on this list? It can Nasty Plot and has Magic Guard. It has higher base attack and speed than Gengar too. At least A tier, right?

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Alakazam wasn't teased prior to release. Notice we do have some Crown Tundra mons mixed in with like Metagross / Garchomp.

Anyways I still don't quite see Alakazam being that good. It really needs a lot of chip damage to put in work, which is harder to provide in BSS, and even if you do, being revenged by Mimikyu so effortlessly can be a dealbreaker. Gengar is pretty irrelevant as well. It'd probably be B on that list because it's probably better than Starmie but thats not exactly a high bar.

Ok, so here are some Pokémon that I think got better and worse this month with the release of the hidden ability starters and the DLC:

Pokemon that got better this month

-Rillaboom: It got a whole lot better this month, mainly due to getting Grassy Surge and getting Grassy Glide as well. I'm not sure what the strongest priority move actually is, but Rillaboom's Grassy Glide has to be near the top. Grassy Glide can be boosted by both Grassy Terrain and STAB, and it has 70 base power as well, which is great for a priority move. Rillaboom also has the ability to use a G-Max move that isn't affected by abilities, which is really good, especially in a metagame where Mimikyu is very common.
-Cinderace: It got Libero...enough said lol. Like Rillaboom, Cinderace also got a G-Max move that isn't affected by abilities as well. This means that Pokemon like Mimikyu, Volcarona, and Heatran (in the next expansion) will have a harder time checking Cinderace.
-Indeedee: It got the move Expanding Force, which becomes a base 120 power move under Psychic Terrain (it has 80 base power without Psychic Terrain). This likely won't make it too much better, and Tapu Lele will certainly outclass Indeedee once the second expansion hits, but it's certainly something to think about.
-Alakazam: It actually can use Nasty Plot now, which can be good if Alakazam can find a chance to use it.
-Talonflame: It is the only Pokemon that can use a priority Max move, and since that move is Max Airstream, Talonflame would have a great chance of outspeeding its opponent the next turn as well. When using Talonflame, just keep in mind that it doesn't really have that much power, and that it doesn't have the greatest amount of bulk either.
-Any Pokémon that got access to Flip Turn: Even though Flip Turn is weaker in base power than the other pivoting moves, it actually has more power in most cases due to most of its users being Water-typed. It also gives quite a few Pokémon like Starmie and Blastoise actual access to a pivoting move, which is great as well.

Pokémon that got worse

-Scizor: It lost two of its main moves, Roost and Knock Off, with the generation change without really gaining anything significant. This doesn’t necessarily make Scizor bad, but this does mean that Scizor won’t be as good as it was last generation, and that it will be perhaps more limited in what it can do. I don’t think that Scizor is really the best Dynamaxer either.
-Magnezone: One of its main roles last generation was Steel-trapping. In this current generation, Magnezone can’t do it as well due to not having access to a Special Fire-typed move. Magnezone does get Body Press...but it isn’t as good as Hidden Power Fire was, especially against stuff like Ferrothorn and Scizor.
-Corviknight: Corviknight didn’t necessarily get worse, but it may not be as popular due to not being the only physically defensive Steel/Flying Pokémon anymore (due to Skarmory). While Corviknight does have better stats than Skarmory in every area besides physical defense and speed, Skarmory has access to things like Sturdy, Stealth Rock, Spikes, and even Icy Wind which can make Skarmory more appealing than Corviknight in some cases.
-Chansey: While a lot of Pokémon lost access to the move Toxic, Chansey may be one of the most affected by no longer having Toxic as a move option. Chansey somewhat relied on Toxic to wear down some of its opponents, so no longer having that option can hurt it at times. In fact, people may start using Blissey over Chansey due to Blissey having better Dynamax capabilities.

There are probably other things that I haven’t thought about here (so don’t freak out if I missed anything lol). If you think there’s anything else significant that I missed, feel free to let me know.

Hi guys! Took a long break 'cause of exams.
I was wondering if anybody could pass me some good evs for Rotom-heat and Libero Cinderace to use as partners.
The first four mons of the team already perform really well (Sandaconda, Excadrill, Rillaboom and Dracovish), and Rotom definately fits the team, but I was thinking that maybe there was a better spread than just max hp max speed timid. Moves are discharge, dark pulse, overheat and Nasty plot. Item is currently Sitrus berry.
For Cinderace, it's currently adamant boots. Any spread or item change could be helpful. It's kind of a dragapult check right now, plus helps dealing with fairies using Gunk shot.
Thansk for the help, as always!
What items are Sandaconda/Excadrill/Rillaboom/Dracovish running here? It could help to know this to know what kind of sets that they have, so that people could suggest sets for Rotom-H and Cinderace that don’t overlap too much with what your other team members are trying to do. Anyway, I think the Rotom-H looks fine to me, though you may want to do some damage calculations for specific moves (if you haven’t already) for a more specialized EV spread. For Cinderace, I’m not really sure if you need a Fairy-killing move here, as most of your other Pokémon hit Fairies hard, and your team really isn’t that Fairy-weak honestly. I also don’t think it needs the Heavy Duty Boots here, as entry hazards aren’t too common in 3vs3 battles. If you can give Cinderace Life Orb I would definitely do that, as it could use the extra power for certain KOs. I can understand possibly giving it a Jolly nature, but not that many relevant threats resides between Jolly Cinderace and Adamant Cinderace, so I think I would rather have the extra power here. I would go with a set like this:

Cinderace @ Life Orb
Ability: Libero
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 5 SpD
Adamant Nature
G-Max: Yes
- Pyro Ball
- High Jump Kick
- Bounce
- Sucker Punch

I hope this helps; if you have any other questions feel free to post them on here. I’m sure that someone on here will be happy to answer those questions that you may have.

Looking for some help building a solid singles team with Exploud on it. Looking to avoid playing Togekiss, Excadrill, or any Rotoms simply because.... i do not think they are cool.

Any help greatly appreciated. Or resources greatly appreciated!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)