5th Gen OU Analysis Index - 89 BW2 Revamps On Site!

Can i put a new moveset for ninetales? It's being really effective and i think it's able to be on the site, but idk the patterns to do it.
You don't need to ask. Post it, wait for the QC team to check it, and if we approve, it'll be on-site.

Hello, I'm looking to reserve a specific Whimsicott set that I haven't had the opportunity to test yet but I don't want anyone nicking before I get the chance to post it. Though it's unlikely anyone will, seeing as Whimsicott has been posted a lot, but whatever.

Invincicott (Sub-Tect stall)
- Leech Seed, Taunt, Protect and Substitute
- Minimum HP investment, maximum SpD and Def
- Come in on something that can't 2HKO or get a free switch in on something that can't OHKO, use Leech Seed, become invincible by alternating Substitute and Protect (you will heal more than substitute uses against 99% of opponents)

The reason I'm reserving instead of just posting it is because I haven't had the time to test it yet so I'm not 100% certain it'll actually work (I already see the need for oodles of support with Volt-Turn, Grass types, Magic Bounce and Magic Guard, not to mention the question of how easy it is to actually start the process without dieing). Once I do, I'll make a skeleton for it and post it. I just don't want to risk anyone with the same idea nicking it before then.

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hello, I'm looking to reserve a specific Whimsicott set that I haven't had the opportunity to test yet but I don't want anyone nicking before I get the chance to post it. Though it's unlikely anyone will, seeing as Whimsicott has been posted a lot, but whatever.

Invincicott (Sub-Tect stall)
- Leech Seed, Taunt, Protect and Substitute
- Minimum HP investment, maximum SpD and Def
- Come in on something that can't 2HKO or get a free switch in on something that can't OHKO, use Leech Seed, become invincible by alternating Substitute and Protect (you will heal more than substitute uses against 99% of opponents)

The reason I'm reserving instead of just posting it is because I haven't had the time to test it yet so I'm not 100% certain it'll actually work (I already see the need for oodles of support with Volt-Turn, Grass types, Magic Bounce and Magic Guard, not to mention the question of how easy it is to actually start the process without dieing). Once I do, I'll make a skeleton for it and post it. I just don't want to risk anyone with the same idea nicking it before then.
Just saying, your set is exactly what's in here, only with EV modifications and less slashes. An update could work, I guess....

Knight of Cydonia

I COULD BE BANNED!
I would like to reserve a sunny day Cresselia set that I am currently testing - think guaranteed Scizor lure with HP Fire. I will get it on here when I get a moment away from revising (could be a while). Since I see that other Sunny Day sets are being posted I wanted to make sure no one else has the same idea as me and decides to write it up before I get a chance.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If I could please remind you all that reservations only exist for full analyses and not individual sets, as most individual sets don't take that much time to write up and having people reserve things for an indeterminate length of time is not conducive to a healthy, working index. For full analyses it is another matter, as the chances of your taking long enough to work on it that another may steal your space are higher.

Just saying, your set is exactly what's in here, only with EV modifications and less slashes. An update could work, I guess....
No, trust me, they play totally differently. ALL of the Whimsicott on site (I checked) are basically support Pokemon and pivots. They come in, irritate something with Encore / taunt / leech seed / other status move. That thing then leaves, counter comes in, Whimsicott leaves. This set is designed to function as a sort of stalling sweeper. It comes in, sets up, then stays in "sweeping" the opponent with leech seed. If you know about Stallrein from last generation using Ice Body and hail, this is basically Whimsicott's version only with Leech Seed instead of hail damage and Ice body. It's somewhat similar to Sub-Tect toxic stall gliscor too, but with priority on its moves meaning it's not limited to stalling out Pokemon slower than it. It functions completely differently from ANY current Whimsicott set.

If I could please remind you all that reservations only exist for full analyses and not individual sets, as most individual sets don't take that much time to write up and having people reserve things for an indeterminate length of time is not conducive to a healthy, working index. For full analyses it is another matter, as the chances of your taking long enough to work on it that another may steal your space are higher.
Whoops, I wasn't aware of that. I did read the full OP btw, and it was never really clear to me that the reservations were only intended for full analyses. You might want to make that more clear so the mistake doesn't keep getting made.

Though I think you might want to let people reserve individual sets. It's not just invested time and effort that's at stake here. Let's face it; it's pride. The knowledge that it is YOUR set that is up on site, that you wrote something good enough to be put up for the thousands that use Smogon to read. Reservations give you the opportunity to ensure that the idea you've had sitting in the back of your mind doesn't get nicked by someone else because you were busy with school or something and didn't have time to make it. I can understand if you think that's not worth reserving, but personally I think it is. We are a competitive community and a lot of people are going to be pretty annoyed when they're denied the opportunity to show off their talent because someone is less busy than they are.

I'm gonna do a Full Revamp for poor little Sigilyph.

Will wait until Keldeo and I think Meloetta get released though, as the metagame will likely be a hellstorm afterward.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Please do note that the reservations system is supposed to be in place to avoid any work being done needlessly, or rather so that two people are not working on the same thing at the same time.

So if you are waiting for Keldeo etc. to be released, and aren't actively working on it, then there's not really much point in a reservation

@the above, when you do start working on them (this assuming that Keldeo is not insta-banned), edit your posts and I will add your reservations to the OP.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Would like to reserve a Zoroark update for OU. Not only are the BW2 move tutor move updates right around the corner, but there are some things in the current analysis I think need improving anyway.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Id recommend actually playing with these Pokemon in an updated simulator before actually trying to update them, as opposed to speculating. I'll say yes on Amoonguss though, but it may be too soon.

im going to say hold off on reserving b2w2 pokemon / updates for now until we have more info on the games and we decide how to tackle these updates

wow ur the boss so assertive so authoritative

I'd like to reserve Thundurus-T and Tornadus-T as well as Landorus-T. I'm certain I can get all of these done in a very reasonable amount of time as soon as we're allowed to start writing.

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Also, you do realise you reserved 3 Pokemon, that are probably going to end up as huge analyses (not set wise but comment wise)? By the time you finish one, other people could finish the other two.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)