5th Gen OU Analysis Index - 89 BW2 Revamps On Site!

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yeah there is no need for a Cresselia update. Next time, if you want to update something let us know first before writing it, so we can tell you if there is indeed a need for an update.

Yeah there is no need for a Cresselia update. Next time, if you want to update something let us know first before writing it, so we can tell you if there is indeed a need for an update.
Well... Can it be like saved until next gen, and then I can edit it accordingly to the new generation?

OK, since my BP Celebi set was rather lacklustre in descriptions, I'd like to reserve a pokemon that is not as important to the OU metagame. Or can someone suggest someplace to practice analysis writing skills?

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
OK, since my BP Celebi set was rather lacklustre in descriptions, I'd like to reserve a pokemon that is not as important to the OU metagame. Or can someone suggest someplace to practice analysis writing skills?
I have no definite answer to your questions. However, you may skim through the current analyses (http://www.smogon.com/bw/metagames/ou) and see for yourself which is in need of an analysis update, re-write, or just overall fixing that seems odd in the current metagame. Do keep in mind, however, that if you fail to make a good case for a revamp/rewrite, or of your QC skeleton seems inferior to the facts presented in a current analysis, the QC team will reject it.

Additionally, you may even attempt to make a set or an OU analysis for a Pokemon that hasn't had one yet, but again, make your case strong (and please for the love of god make yourself look reliable and not on the phone all the time).

I have no definite answer to your questions. However, you may skim through the current analyses (http://www.smogon.com/bw/metagames/ou) and see for yourself which is in need of an analysis update, re-write, or just overall fixing that seems odd in the current metagame. Do keep in mind, however, that if you fail to make a good case for a revamp/rewrite, or of your QC skeleton seems inferior to the facts presented in a current analysis, the QC team will reject it.

Additionally, you may even attempt to make a set or an OU analysis for a Pokemon that hasn't had one yet, but again, make your case strong (and please for the love of god make yourself look reliable and not on the phone all the time).
lol on phone all the time
Well, I'll probably wait for the end of BW. A new generation is the best place to start. Nevertheless, I will try to look for analysis that could possibly be better or the like.

Ok.
I was looking through http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/bronzong/ou and reakized that the analysis didn't mention the advantages of bronzong over, say, skarmory. It has been mentioned that other steel types give it competition but not how it differentiates itself. This was done in november 12, 2012 which is stillretty far away.
I'd like to rewrite it(imo TR should be an main set as that really differentiates bronzong) please.
:)

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
OK I feel I need to help repair this mess I've made regarding celebi, even if I'm taking a break from this atm.

The skeleton I left barely resembled the eventual writeup. Only the most obvious parts remained, and the rationale behind the set entirely left out. I'm worried that this writeup is going to result in no analysis being uploaded, or edits being made to the on site analysis, which is NOT salvageable.

SDS, if you're reading this, take a look at my thread to see what the actual point is behind the set - it's not what the on site analysis says it is! To put it briefly, it's a specially defensive celebi, which may already use baton pass to escape pursuit. Adding a boosting move is one moveslot, and allows celebi to contribute something instead of just being walled. To compare it to mew is absurd, because mew does not fulfill celebi's primary function - taking rain water moves.

If need be, I can still write it up myself, I suppose. I don't really want to do it, but it won't take long. I've caused this mess and it is my responsibility to fix it.

OK I feel I need to help repair this mess I've made regarding celebi, even if I'm taking a break from this atm.

The skeleton I left barely resembled the eventual writeup. Only the most obvious parts remained, and the rationale behind the set entirely left out. I'm worried that this writeup is going to result in no analysis being uploaded, or edits being made to the on site analysis, which is NOT salvageable.

SDS, if you're reading this, take a look at my thread to see what the actual point is behind the set - it's not what the on site analysis says it is! To put it briefly, it's a specially defensive celebi, which may already use baton pass to escape pursuit. Adding a boosting move is one moveslot, and allows celebi to contribute something instead of just being walled. To compare it to mew is absurd, because mew does not fulfill celebi's primary function - taking rain water moves.

If need be, I can still write it up myself, I suppose. I don't really want to do it, but it won't take long. I've caused this mess and it is my responsibility to fix it.
Glad jc104 is taking this back after my thread being closed, looking forwrd to seeing your analysis onsite c:
Ok.
I was looking through http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/bronzong/ou and reakized that the analysis didn't mention the advantages of bronzong over, say, skarmory. It has been mentioned that other steel types give it competition but not how it differentiates itself. This was done in november 12, 2012 which is stillretty far away.
I'd like to rewrite it(imo TR should be an main set as that really differentiates bronzong) please.
:)
Uhh......am I ok for this, @alexwolf ?

Can I revamp Kyurem? The analysis is outdated because Kyurem-B has basically come into OU and outclassed three of Kyurem's four sets. I know Kyurem's distinct advantages and how to use it.

I should also mention that Chansey and Blissey are in dire need of revamps. The Counter set on Chansey is not that viable anymore because you have Terrakion and Breloom on every corner, as well as Keldeo. And Blissey lacks the mention of Keldeo also, as that thing shits all over Blissey.

Last edited:

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yeah you are right Alfalfa, the blobs are very outdated, which means that Chansey and Blissey are up for grabs.

We have not yet decided what to do with Kyurem, but we will most probably remove some of its sets (the ones outclassed by Kyurem-B) and make a few SCMS edits on the others, as the update wasn't too long ago and the write-up is very good.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
Rohail won't be finishing Cofagrigus, so anybody who wants can step up. Cofagrigus has already received 2 QC checks and is ready to be written btw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)