5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
I'm having trouble with Thundurus again. I know I'm hitting my seed, but I'm pretty sure my timer0 (C7E) is fluctuating because I almost never get the IVs I want when I catch the Thundurus.

Would anyone be able to tell me my other timer0 value and search some seeds for me to see if those would work better? I'd do it myself, but I'm obviously saved inside the house and can't do anything.

Please help.
Go on #Smogonwifi, I can help you there :)

Why is the Tornadus/Thunderus event GLAN Wondercard when Tornadus/Thunderus are naturally male.

Would the regular wonder card method work for this current Japanese event along with GLAN?

What did people do with the Hydreigon/Goluruk event that was gender locked for male when there was no GLAN method?

I am so confused about GLAN. Can someone tell me the parameters of what makes a Wondercard GLAN and how the regular Wondercard method and Wondercard GLAN method are similar and different (can both of them work on the same event (more specifically, this current Japanese event), etc).

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Why is the Tornadus/Thunderus event GLAN Wondercard when Tornadus/Thunderus are naturally male.
It just is.

Would the regular wonder card method work for this current Japanese event along with GLAN?
Nope.

What did people do with the Hydreigon/Goluruk event that was gender locked for male when there was no GLAN method?
Worked out the calculations by hand.

I am so confused about GLAN. Can someone tell me the parameters of what makes a Wondercard GLAN and how the regular Wondercard method and Wondercard GLAN method are similar and different (can both of them work on the same event (more specifically, this current Japanese event), etc).
There really isn't anything to be confused about. If you're abusing a regular Wondercard, search for regular Wondercard spreads. Working with a GLAN wondercard? Search for those spreads. Doing wild captures? Then search Gen 5 IVs.

Just a matter of picking the right search for the right job.

from the IRC chat I figured these are the parameters:

1. A pokemon is GLAN if the wondercard has the Pokemon at a specific gender. For example, a Hydreigon Wondercard that would always produce a MALE Hydreigon. Even if the Pokemon is naturually male or female...it is still GLAN.

2. A pokemon is not GLAN if genderless (unless shiny). OD EDIT: if it's genderless it is not GLAN regardless of shininess.

3. If the wondercard is shiny you would use the GLAN method. No. Not unless it's gender-locked, and you would use GLAN regardless.

4. If the Wondercard is shiny and has a gender locked pokemon it is GLAN, nonetheless, making all shiny Pokemon GLAN. Wrong. Well, at least until we see a shiny Wondercard that's not genderless and not gender-locked.

I guess just a little irritated about the shiny part, now.

Thanks OD for such a quick reply.

To OmegaDount and/or other rngers

In 9.93
In the time finder->capture->5th gen WC
When searching for a seed, does the no keypress result is only being outputted for anyone else?

I've set my keypress to 3 including the triggers and only getting result for no keypress.

OmegaDount
Will it be possible or is there a way to search for seeds based on a certain date to speed up the search process?

Dear RNG Reporter programmers,

Would it be possible that in the future RNG Reporter releases, you could fix the encounter slot feature in the Time Finder so that users can search for multiple encounter slots instead of just one at a time or all of them at the same time? For example, if I wanted to search for a seed to catch a Cryogonal, he is found on slots 8 and 10 during winter. With the current version, users could only pick either 8 or 10 to search for, not both. What I'm asking for is an update so that users can select more than one slot to search for, but not all 11 at once. Maybe you could add, like a check box list, and users check which slots they would like to search for.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you consider this!

Also, if requesting like this isn't allowed, feel free to delete this post or give me an infraction or something (Although I didn't see anything in the rules about it)!

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
To OmegaDount and/or other rngers

In 9.93
In the time finder->capture->5th gen WC
When searching for a seed, does the no keypress result is only being outputted for anyone else?

I've set my keypress to 3 including the triggers and only getting result for no keypress.
In the 9.93 update, it searches for seeds with no keypresses first, then seeds with keypresses. You'll see the keypresses if you wait long enough.

Will it be possible or is there a way to search for seeds based on a certain date to speed up the search process?
It's doable, sure, but not high enough priority to be on my list at the moment.

Dear RNG Reporter programmers,
Programmer, singular.

Would it be possible that in the future RNG Reporter releases, you could fix the encounter slot feature in the Time Finder so that users can search for multiple encounter slots
It's listed right there in my development notes, under "Allow for multiple search criteria of the same type in Time Finder searches".

For Christmas I got a copy of Pokemon White. :D

I'm trying to RNG to get my ID to be 00027.
Do I need the have a pre-existing game date to do so?

Okay then I have a new issue.
I keep hitting my seed, but getting different results every time.

I don't know what's going on. @_@

How do you know you're hitting your seed if you keep getting different results? Assuming you are hitting your seed correctly each time, the IDs should only be changing if you change the amount of times you say no to Juniper when she asks you if your name is correct.

So, most likely, you aren't actually hitting your seed. How are you verifying which seed you do hit? It may help if you provide your target ID/SID, target seed, target time, etc.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
For Christmas I got a copy of Pokemon White. :D

I'm trying to RNG to get my ID to be 00027.
Do I need the have a pre-existing game date to do so?
If you just got White, then you don't know your DS parameters. You'll need to start a new game and get to a point where you can catch a Pokemon and check its IVs.

So, most likely, you aren't actually hitting your seed. How are you verifying which seed you do hit? It may help if you provide your target ID/SID, target seed, target time, etc.
I've been pretty good hitting standard seeds, so I figured it was odd that I was getting different results within the same seed I was attempting to hit. I tried 5 times, but I could be doing something wrong. :S
I'll post my target once I figure parameters.

If you just got White, then you don't know your DS parameters. You'll need to start a new game and get to a point where you can catch a Pokemon and check its IVs.
I have Black. White will have different parameters? D:
I figured since they're both using the same DS, they'd have the same Parameters. False?

I've been pretty good hitting standard seeds, so I figured it was odd that I was getting different results within the same seed I was attempting to hit. I tried 5 times, but I could be doing something wrong. :S

I have Black. White will have different parameters? D:
I figured since they're both using the same DS, they'd have the same Parameters. False?
Nope. My Black and White have different parameters even if they're on the same DS.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
That would be PID frame. Where are you attempting to get the gift? Make sure you're at the Pokemon League centre for no moving NPCs.

Yep, the E4 is where I'm trying it. So if I hit the seed, it should start at 46 then I chatot flip 12 times and it should work right? Thanks for the help :)

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
I think you may need to do 11 advances. Check to see what you actually hit and compare the IVs/Nature that you got with RNG reporter's results (put that seed into the main window and generate using 5th gen Wondercard).

So if I hit my seed at 14:33:36 seconds and the actual seconds are 37, when I RNG do I hit my seed a second before or after?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)