5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Yeah I just got back into Pokemon (and in turn RNGing), but I'm a little rusty at the moment. Can't someone help me out with finding the parameters for Black 2? The guide isn't exactly clear on what to do.
It's exactly the same for BW1, just more timer0's. Find a place with no wondering NPC characters, select a date and time in the parameter finder, set the DS to the same time, use sweet scent and capture a pokemon, determine IVs and hit search. Rinse and repeat about 20 times until you have found your most common timer0.

Ah okay. Thanks.

Edit: I've been getting three different Timer0s. Is there something I'm doing wrong or do I need to update to the latest RNG Reporter or...what?

Last edited:
Three is actually pretty good for BW2, considering there are people with 5 to 12 different ones. Be sure to pick the most common one when you actually want to RNG something.

That's why it's good to calibrate at least 20 times. As for myself I have exactly 4 timer0's. Since you have 3 Timer0's, you'll probably find that two will be quite common while there will be another one which will pop up occasionally. If you want you can always use a range of timer0's for greater search results but I've found that this isn't really necessary.

That's why it's good to calibrate at least 20 times. As for myself I have exactly 4 timer0's. Since you have 3 Timer0's, you'll probably find that two will be quite common while there will be another one which will pop up occasionally. If you want you can always use a range of timer0's for greater search results but I've found that this isn't really necessary.
Alright I got my parameters. Did it only five times, but stuck with a certain Timer0 because I got it four times in a row. Now to remember how to RNG for perfect IVs and the right nature...

So, I wanted to RNG a klang with its dream world ability, but it's gengerless meaning I have no choice but to catch it in entralink. So I searched for a good time and frame and found this one that looked great:

However, after more than forty attempts, I didn't once get the desired IVs, so I decided to search for the IVs I was most constantly getting to see if I was just having extraordinarily bad timer0 luck. The search yielded this:

Notice how this is the exact same everything (same seed, frame, date/time, Timer0, and keypresses) except IVs. How can the exact same everything result in two different IV spreads? Clearly the one that is wrong is the one with perfect IVs. I've tried a few other perfect IV searches and have not once gotten the desired IVs making me wonder if this same problem is happening. Is there any way to know if it is wrong?

Eyedol

the artist formerly known as xAtrocity
So, I wanted to RNG a klang with its dream world ability, but it's gengerless meaning I have no choice but to catch it in entralink. So I searched for a good time and frame and found this one that looked great:

However, after more than forty attempts, I didn't once get the desired IVs, so I decided to search for the IVs I was most constantly getting to see if I was just having extraordinarily bad timer0 luck. The search yielded this:

Notice how this is the exact same everything (same seed, frame, date/time, Timer0, and keypresses) except IVs. How can the exact same everything result in two different IV spreads? Clearly the one that is wrong is the one with perfect IVs. I've tried a few other perfect IV searches and have not once gotten the desired IVs making me wonder if this same problem is happening. Is there any way to know if it is wrong?
It seems like you're using an outdated version of RNG Reporter - the fast seed search used to use the cached Egg seeds by mistake. Use this version instead. Good luck. ^_^

Ok so I'm going to start RNGing for the shiny Sinnoh trio (I have Dialga and Palkia so far, of course, gonna grab Giratina this week). And I realized that I don't know my Secret ID. Since up until now I've never had to deal with RNGing for shiny Pokemon (I don't really care, as long as their IVs and nature are great that's all that matters), I just entered in random numbers for my profile since it required me to, and it never affected how I got my usual RNGed Pokemon, such as Cobalion, Terrakion, Genesect, etc. But since the Sinnoh trio is always shiny, will I have to know my SID? If so, then I can't RNG for them, because I don't know my SID nor do I have any way of figuring it out (not planning on owning an Action Replay). Thanks!

Ok so I'm going to start RNGing for the shiny Sinnoh trio (I have Dialga and Palkia so far, of course, gonna grab Giratina this week). And I realized that I don't know my Secret ID. Since up until now I've never had to deal with RNGing for shiny Pokemon (I don't really care, as long as their IVs and nature are great that's all that matters), I just entered in random numbers for my profile since it required me to, and it never affected how I got my usual RNGed Pokemon, such as Cobalion, Terrakion, Genesect, etc. But since the Sinnoh trio is always shiny, will I have to know my SID? If so, then I can't RNG for them, because I don't know my SID nor do I have any way of figuring it out (not planning on owning an Action Replay). Thanks!
Just make sure you select "always shiny" in the timefinder.

CAN SOME ONE PLEASE GIV ME LINK TO DOWNLOAD THE LAST RNG REPORTER THAT WORKED ON WINDOWS XP. my laptops needs a new charge so im forced to use my desktop. please help.

I forgot how do you RNG a Pokemon (like say Zekrom for example) with the right nature and max IVs? I know they involve different methods, but can be combined. I just forgot how you do it. :/

Edit:

*sighs* Looks like my parameters were wrong...

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post, but I had another question.

Okay I'm using the Unova Link method to find my parameters in Black 2 and I came up with this.

Now since I got three results with different delays and such, what do I do? Do I just randomly pick one and follow that, or do I do something else?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I would probably redo it and include more link spins. The more you have, the more accurate the results will be.

Sorry for the double post, but I had another question.

Okay I'm using the Unova Link method to find my parameters in Black 2 and I came up with this.

-snip-

Now since I got three results with different delays and such, what do I do? Do I just randomly pick one and follow that, or do I do something else?
Are you using 9.96.5? If so then the Unova Link Calibration tool shouldn't be working correctly. I'm afraid I don't know whether or not it works in 9.96.6 A3 but I've certainly not heard anything to suggest that.

It's a shame because apparantly it works fine in PPRNG, but that's Mac only so...

Are you using 9.96.5? If so then the Unova Link Calibration tool shouldn't be working correctly. I'm afraid I don't know whether or not it works in 9.96.6 A3 but I've certainly not heard anything to suggest that.

It's a shame because apparantly it works fine in PPRNG, but that's Mac only so...
I'm using 9.96.6 A3, but I guess I shouldn't rely on that then...

Hola, my emerald battery died. Does that message in the start of the game (about dead battery) affect my timing for rnging ? Do i need to calibrate?.Thanks

Last edited:

Eyedol

the artist formerly known as xAtrocity
Hola, my emerald battery died. Does that message in the start of the game (about dead battery) affect my timing for rnging ? Do i need to calibrate?.Thanks
The main effect a dead battery will have on RNG is that you won't be able to hit very low frames due to the message.

In the future, this is the correct thread to ask questions related to previous gen RNG. ^_^

If you are using an external timer anyway there is no need to recalibrate.

Edit: Pardon me,there is something wrong with my page update.

hey im on black 2 trying to rng the shiny gibleyou get after completing the black tower but ive been trying for like 5 hours and cant get my seed. is there anything diffrent that i have to do since gible is always shiny or am i just getting trolled by the timer zero. (ps, i did evrything said to bedone in the smogon guide.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)