5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Not sure how you figured out you hit the correct Timer0, but yes could do with advances or due to the fact that maybe you don't have all of the grottos filled before the one you're interested in. Possible also the tool is bugged? But I really haven't been keeping up with Pokefinder releases (and is probably more likely the formers)

I'd recommend starting with something easy, like a wild mon with no NPCs or a stationary so you can use the adjacent tool to see what you're actually hitting. More often than not it's Timer0 trolling.
When I tried doing that RNG ages ago, it always failed for me too. Never got the imposter ditto grotto RNG to work.

Not sure how you figured out you hit the correct Timer0, but yes could do with advances or due to the fact that maybe you don't have all of the grottos filled before the one you're interested in. Possible also the tool is bugged? But I really haven't been keeping up with Pokefinder releases (and is probably more likely the formers)

I'd recommend starting with something easy, like a wild mon with no NPCs or a stationary so you can use the adjacent tool to see what you're actually hitting. More often than not it's Timer0 trolling.
thanks man. I gave up haha, I eventually got one to show up but that was from respawning the grotto and using grotto power +3.

Hi this might be really dumb to ask, but back when Black 2 and White 2 were new, they were very challenging to RNG on compared to Black and White 1. Is this still the case or has RNG Reporter gotten better at calculating seeds? I used to have a RNG based breeding factory on my Black 1 but I can't locate it currently and can only find Black 2.

Maybe it was just the Shiny Genocect from the event I was going for but I had to give up, IIRC.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Site Content Manageris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Hi this might be really dumb to ask, but back when Black 2 and White 2 were new, they were very challenging to RNG on compared to Black and White 1. Is this still the case or has RNG Reporter gotten better at calculating seeds? I used to have a RNG based breeding factory on my Black 1 but I can't locate it currently and can only find Black 2.

Maybe it was just the Shiny Genocect from the event I was going for but I had to give up, IIRC.
Still mostly the case in that the Timer0 is still as trolly as ever (and there's no real fix for that). Progress has been made since they were new tho, so I'm sure you'll find things better than they were. Breeding is still jacked up (I want to say the JPN community found out a way around that, but I'm not too sure and the general consensus is still don't bother in bw2.. But if you must, you might be able to find something online on how to do it, sadly Idk myself).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)