5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
So let me get this right I set my time a minute ahead of where I need to be so in this case 8:59 set a stage two timer SR when the first timer goes off then I enter and activate the C-gear(in game not at continue screen)when the second one goes off?
Here is my info

Seed:1c71fcfc
Frame:64
IV's: 30/31/30/14/30/31
Date: 1/1/2010
Time:9:00:27
Advances needed:61
You (and everyone else) should be posting their DS's MAC address as well. At least the last half.

Egg IVs are depending on Method 5?
Someone has an All31 seed?(Mac Address is the one of Desmume,it ends with 123456)

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Egg IVs are depending on Method 5?
Someone has an All31 seed?(Mac Address is the one of Desmume,it ends with 123456)
Egg IVs are partly dependent on Method 5.

It uses the other RNG to decide which IVs get passed down from the parents. That RNG really can't be controlled with all the NPCs around, but you can use Power items to influence the results.

Egg IVs are partly dependent on Method 5.

It uses the other RNG to decide which IVs get passed down from the parents. That RNG really can't be controlled with all the NPCs around, but you can use Power items to influence the results.
Wait a second... does that mean I need 2 flawless parents and 2 power items to have 100 % control over the Egg IV's, even with the RNG method? :(

Wait a second... does that mean I need 2 flawless parents and 2 power items to have 100 % control over the Egg IV's, even with the RNG method? :(
Yes.But if you use flawless parents,i think that power items are useless(If you use a flawless spread,obviously)

Yes.But if you use flawless parents,i think that power items are useless(If you use a flawless spread,obviously)
You don't get 100% control with the power items, not so far, and no they aren't useless in gen 5. Depending on how you use them, you can influence the IV inheritance to get your target IV spread.

Edit: See post by expert below this, lol.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
Nope. Flawless parents aren't going to help.

First, IVs come from the Method 5 spread. Let's say you just happen to get a partly-flawless spread:

31\7\31\14\31\31

Then each frame for the second RNG changes which IVs come from which parents:

31\7\B\14\A\A
31\B\31\14\A\B
B\7\31\B\A\31
A\B\31\A\31\31
etc.

Let's say we want a perfect special spread, so Attack doesn't matter. And that parent A has 31s in HP and SpAttk. We would want this spread:

A\B\31\A\31\31

And we would attach the Power Lens to Parent A to force the second RNG to advance to that frame, the one that gives us the IVs we want.

That, my friend, looks pretty complicated, but I think I understand.
Will RNG Reporter 9.0 tell me which Power Item I need to put on which parent in order to get my desired result?
:)

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
That, my friend, looks pretty complicated, but I think I understand.
Will RNG Reporter 9.0 tell me which Power Item I need to put on which parent in order to get my desired result?
:)
Kind of, but you don't really have to. Just slap on the Power item for the IV you want to overwrite. If that doesn't get you the IVs you want, wait a little longer before collecting the egg. Repeat until you get your IVs.

RNG Reporter 9.0 will give you a better idea of how long to wait, but can't give you a definite time since NPCs are so unpredictable.

I'm using Kaphotic's Desmume C-Gear seeds (since I'm using Desmume), and I'm having trouble... search IVs is always giving me no matching IVs. I am attempting to RNG abuse a Kyuremu.

Seed: 7e2345bb
Target time: 12:31:09
Delay: 4443

I reset when the target time comes, then wait 5-10 seconds to activate the C-Gear. (In the game world) Last I catch it and try to see how far I was by putting in IVs into RNG reporter. I tried this 5 times and nothing. I think I'm doing this the wrong way.

By the way, do I still need to use a two-staged timer for this?

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
nononononon

Just use a two stage timer like ZomgTimer. As opposed to pressing continue in generation 4, in gen 5 you activate the c-gear while in game at the end of the 2nd timer.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
Unless your computer is super-amazingly fast enough to run Desmume at 100% speed (or at least a consistent speed), that timer isn't going to help you much.

Cool, thanks! Btw what should I put for calibrated delay and calibrated second? I put 500 and 15, respectively. It's probably not right because I noticed the timer is always 10 seconds above the target time. (10 seconds left)

EDIT: So it would be best to RNG abuse on the DS rather that Desmume? I think it runs at a consistent speed since it rarely lags. (Lags when I'm using the timer sometimes)

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I don't use timers when I RNG on DeSmuME. I get my delay to where I can just change my computer's time so that I can hit the seed a few seconds later. Delay is essentially frozen.

If you use timers, you should be RNGing on a DS because there is no inconsistent FPS.

I don't use timers when I RNG on DeSmuME. I get my delay to where I can just change my computer's time so that I can hit the seed a few seconds later. Delay is essentially frozen.

If you use timers, you should be RNGing on a DS because there is no inconsistent FPS.
So I just need to activate the C-Gear at the target time RNG reporter tells me?

That's just it: how would I know on Desmume when I hit my delay? I would most likely hit my target time but not delay.
Use this option.

Put 999 on delay (both positive and negative), then put 9 on seconds (both positive and negative). Click "generate". Now look at the IVs of the monster you caught and input those values on the "search IVs" option beside generate.

Use this option.

Put 999 on delay (both positive and negative), then put 9 on seconds (both positive and negative). Click "generate". Now look at the IVs of the monster you caught and input those values on the "search IVs" option beside generate.
EDIT:
Seed: ac1c39c4
Date: 12/31/10
Target Time: 10:50:06
Delay: 1380
Target Frame: 4

Still nothing. Still resetting at target time but no results. By the way after turning on C-Gear, should I advance the frame by 1, then encounter Pokemon? (Just wondering because maybe the IV searcher might work if I advance the frame, then encounter Pokemon, which I haven't been doing)

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
does sweet scenting advance the frame by one for non c-gear seeds?
It advances your PID frame yes. For pretty much everything. I am not 100% sure of the interval though. When I looked at PID advancement earlier, I found that SSing on a bike, SSing while standing both advanced your PID frame the same. I also found that taking 1 step on foot in a wild patch, taking 1 step on a bike in a wild patch, turning in place in a wild patch all advanced your PID frame the same. Kaphotics figured out that Saving your game advances your PID frame by 1. However, when I looked at them all, SSing, stepping/turning, and Saving seemed to advance your PID frame by different amounts (compared to each other).

So yes, SSing does advance your PID by some amount. Saving your game advances it by 1, but I'm not sure what the amount is for SSing, although I doubt it's 1.

sandman

Bum bum bum bum
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm trying to hit a non c-gear seed with a frame of 13544 and am planning to capture a pokemon in the grass with Sweet Scent. I Sweet scented in the grass and after the battle i used the frame check code and the value in the ID is 00156, the money value is 0. I'm not sure i understand how to use the equation in the guide to figure out my current frame. Would i set it up like this?

Target – Monster – 624*n – C = 0
(13544)-(1)-624*n-(156)=0

or does Target stand for the current frame your on? And if so i don't know how to use the equation.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
Don't bother with the equation and frame check code. It can't tell you which frame you're on exactly, just a better idea of the frame. Kaphotics can give you more details if you want, but seriously using C-Gear seeds is way easier than doing what you're doing. Or you could just wait another week until RNG Reporter 9.0 comes out.

When I turn the C-Gear on at the yes/no screen, another screen appears that says Enabling C-Gear. The weird thing is that I can just tap out of this screen and that's when the c-gear actually activates. So do I tap Yes or tap on the "Enabling C-Gear" screen when the second timer runs out for me to get my delay?

When I turn the C-Gear on at the yes/no screen, another screen appears that says Enabling C-Gear. The weird thing is that I can just tap out of this screen and that's when the c-gear actually activates. So do I tap Yes or tap on the "Enabling C-Gear" screen when the second timer runs out for me to get my delay?
Tap "yes" when the second timer runs out. That will determine your delay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)