5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I'm also having trouble RNGing my ID/SID (for a new game on the cartridge) - it's my first time, and I think I probably misinterpreted an instruction from here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12206225/RNG/g5%20rngguide%20v01.pdf

Here's what I entered in Pandora's Box:

Basically, I found a seed in Time Finder with my desired IV spread: 31/30/30/31/31/31
I then entered that seed into RNG Reporter's main window and used Method 5 PIDRNG (Wild Pokemon) to find a frame with my desired Nature. Frame 42 happened to be Timid. (I'm doing this correctly, right?)

As shown in the image, I highlighted the ID/SID pair I will be using. I RNGed the time... but ended-up with the ID you see for "ID Received." No matter how often I try, I can't seem to Find Seed Hit - it always comes up blank... So I probably have something entered incorrectly into Pandora's Box.

EDIT: Nevermind - I seem to have got it - I just needed to expand my Search parameters for finding seed hit. XP

First off I may recommend a higher frame. Make sure you note what encounter slot you're using too. Some places naturally have a higher SSF by like 20. One place (for me anyways) was Pinwheel forest when I tried RNGing a Petil; the frame was too low.

Anyways you're using that 740 seed? You're entering the game at 12:02:36 AM, while holding down L?

When you enter the game you take whatever ID you received and input it into the "ID Recieved" box then hit "Find Seed Hit". If you inputted the time and date correctly you SHOULD get back something. Yet you're not getting anything?

Are you using a different cart and/or DS? Different parameters?

Anyways you're using that 740 seed? You're entering the game at 12:02:36 AM, while holding down L?

When you enter the game you take whatever ID you received and input it into the "ID Recieved" box then hit "Find Seed Hit". If you inputted the time and date correctly you SHOULD get back something. Yet you're not getting anything?

Are you using a different cart and/or DS? Different parameters?
Yup, I'm using that 740 seed... entered the game at that time... and held L (not left on control pad).

I kept getting 45764 as my TID... turns out, when I decreased my Min. Frame on Seed Finder from 28 to 0, I found my Seed Hit... and the frame was actually 23, which explains why it didn't show up (Time, Button, etc. were all correct for the Seed Hit). I was expecting to land on a frame at least 28... not below it.

I'm using a frame 1 seed right now in Guidance Chamber, trying to RNG an axew. After doing it 3 times, I've got the exact same Boldore every time. IV's, Mischievous every time, same nature etc. Have I done something wrong for this to happen? All I did was go in there, and save it.

Did you advance the PIDRNG frame...? You hit your IVs, that's fine. Now you have to advance your other frame to get the Axew you want.

This is done by using chatot's chatter or by saving (the former being the better option).

I am using RNG latest version 9.81
So I set the time to 6:13 (april 2nd)

Rebooted the ds and pressed a on exactly 6:13 25 seconds

I did not press any buttons until the animation on N apperaed and started the game with the c-gear off

I used sweet scent and got into a battle, caught a mienfoo and did a iv check on serebii.net

I typed in the ivs and hit search

No matchs!?!?!? Please someone vm or pm some help!

Eek, Nevermind - Still having problems...

Screenshot:

I found another ID/SID pair I wanted and RNGed it... And, surprisingly, I ended-up with TID: 21986 - just what I wanted. However, when I picked up my starter, the nature & IVs were wrong, and he wasn't shiny.

I am going about this correctly, right? A brief overview of the steps I took:
1. Used Time Finder to locate seed with desirable IV spread on Frame 1 (Method 5, Standard, Wild Pokemon): 40179A5A945C7849 (IVs: 31/30/30/31/31/31) - this info is entered into Pandora's Box.
2. Plugged above seed into Method 5 PIDRNG (Wild Pokemon) on the main window to see a list of PID frames. Then, I selected the first frame above 40 that had my desired Nature: Timid, frame 42 - this is entered into Pandora's Box.
3. My DS Parameters are as they appear - those were the values I found in the previous game file for the cartridge that I'm currently resetting.
4. I clicked Find ID Seeds, and found my pair: 21986 / 05354. So, I started RNGing it as is described in the guide...

I'm sure one of those steps is wrong - probably as the result of a misunderstanding the guide - but I don't know which. For example, maybe I'm supposed to use Gift Pokemon as opposed to Wild Pokemon, but neither option was available when the guide was written... so, I don't know what to do about that detail... Any help is appreciated! (Thanks!)

You have 2 seeds to hit:

1 -- Your ID/SID
2-- The IVs

You have to input your new ID/SID into RNG reporter, with the IV seed from time finder, change the encounter type to "Gift Pokemon" then figure out how many times you have to save before it is shiny and is the nature

Oh and click the intial frame button to figure out what your initial frame is for your seed for gift pokes and then trial/error to find out how many times you have to save before it becomes shiny.

Edit: In a nutshell, you hit your first seed, now you hit your second (IVs). Save with your newly abused ID/SID in FRONT of the gift box so you don't advance any steps and hit your IV seed.

I am using RNG latest version 9.81
So I set the time to 6:13 (april 2nd)

Rebooted the ds and pressed a on exactly 6:13 25 seconds

I did not press any buttons until the animation on N apperaed and started the game with the c-gear off

I used sweet scent and got into a battle, caught a mienfoo and did a iv check on serebii.net

I typed in the ivs and hit search

No matchs!?!?!? Please someone vm or pm some help!
Please post a screenshot of what you have on RNG reporter.

Edit: If you did everything correctly it's probably your Timer0 flucuating. Try it again.

...no you press it exactly at whenever the time the seed is. In your case 15 seconds.

Edit: Look at your keyboard on the top right for a button that says "Print Screen". Then open up Paint, press ctrl v, save, upload the image.

Sorry I mean you press A exactly at 25 seconds, as in at 6:13:25

Edit: Can you post all your info about your seed please? No one can help you until you do that, along with a screenshot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)