5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

What can I do to adjust.

I have read tutorials, watched tutorials, and even experimented with C-Gear RNG abuse, but I don't know what to do anymore. Here is the problem:
1. Im using the RNG Reporter 9.94 to try to get the wondercard event Mewtwo.
2. I found a seed "2910269BA8414433" where he is Timid with a spread of 31/30/31/31/31/31. This is at Frame 50, on 2/15/12 @ 15:56:53 with a Timer0 of 2018 and no keypresses.
3. On EonTimer v1.5, i plug in -95 for calibration, Target Delay of 2018, and Target Seconds of 53. (Are these correct values for the situation?)
4. Then i match the 15:56 on ds with the start of the eontimer. Then when it hits 0 first, i start my pokemon black game. Then i dont turn on c gear until it hits the last 0. Then i talk to the delivery guy in the E4 pokecenter and i ALWAYS get a Mewtwo that is Timid but has an IV spread of 30/7/29/31/24/22.

So that is the scenario so far. Im consistent, but off, and i dont move any frames because i dont quite understand where my frames start yet...

Any help would be much appreciated. I can also give more info on my RNG reporter numbers if need be.

Thanks, -Kevin

I have read tutorials, watched tutorials, and even experimented with C-Gear RNG abuse, but I don't know what to do anymore. Here is the problem:
1. Im using the RNG Reporter 9.94 to try to get the wondercard event Mewtwo.
2. I found a seed "2910269BA8414433" where he is Timid with a spread of 31/30/31/31/31/31. This is at Frame 50, on 2/15/12 @ 15:56:53 with a Timer0 of 2018 and no keypresses.
3. On EonTimer v1.5, i plug in -95 for calibration, Target Delay of 2018, and Target Seconds of 53. (Are these correct values for the situation?)
4. Then i match the 15:56 on ds with the start of the eontimer. Then when it hits 0 first, i start my pokemon black game. Then i dont turn on c gear until it hits the last 0. Then i talk to the delivery guy in the E4 pokecenter and i ALWAYS get a Mewtwo that is Timid but has an IV spread of 30/7/29/31/24/22.

So that is the scenario so far. Im consistent, but off, and i dont move any frames because i dont quite understand where my frames start yet...

Any help would be much appreciated. I can also give more info on my RNG reporter numbers if need be.

Thanks, -Kevin
You don't need EonTimer for Standard seeds (non C-Gear). Have you found your DS Parameters?

I think RNG Reporter automatically searches for Standard seeds when searching for Wondercard. And with C-Gear abuse you wouldn't be able to control the nature you get. I'm pretty sure it supports DSi now as well. Just go to DS Parameters Search and DSi should be there.

Timer0 isn't a delay. That's why you don't know what you're hitting.

New Problems hahaha

So after taking your guys advice, i switched over to non C-Gear Seeds, yet more problems arise.
1. I plugged in all my DSi Parameters in the DS Parameter Finder for 5th gen.
MAC Address, Version, Type all filled out. Then i synced up my DSi clock with the precise time on my laptop down to the second. Then i booted up my game, saved it, turned my DS off, turned it back on, and took note of the hours, minutes and seconds to when i started up my game. When i got into my game i talked to the delivery guy and he gave me a mewtwo with the following IV's - 5/28/7/15/16/17. I plugged in all the time and IV info i had, and ranged the seconds to vary from 10 seconds before the recorded second and 10 seconds after as well (just incase). But the search didnt find any matching IV sets... and now im lost again.

Any help on where to go from here?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I think RNG Reporter automatically searches for Standard seeds when searching for Wondercard. And with C-Gear abuse you wouldn't be able to control the nature you get. I'm pretty sure it supports DSi now as well. Just go to DS Parameters Search and DSi should be there.

Timer0 isn't a delay. That's why you don't know what you're hitting.
Actually, you can't do C-Gear abuse at all with Wonder Cards, because they only use the PIDRNG. But yeah, like you said, DSi standard seeds are supported now, so there wouldn't be any reason to do it even if it were possible.

More updates... yay

How do you know what frame you start out on? My results are all over the place...

I have yet to replicate any results, ever with this method...

Any help from somebody that has RNG'd the event mewtwo would be phenomenal

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
How do you know what frame you start out on? My results are all over the place...

I have yet to replicate any results, ever with this method...

Any help from somebody that has RNG'd the event mewtwo would be phenomenal
In the main window of RNG Reporter, set the method to 5th Gen Wondercard (or something like that, don't have the program at hand to check), paste in your seed, and click "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame."

But from what I read, it seems like you're trying to use the parameter finder with this? That won't work, you have to do a wild/stationary capture for it.

In the main window of RNG Reporter, set the method to 5th Gen Wondercard (or something like that, don't have the program at hand to check), paste in your seed, and click "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame."

But from what I read, it seems like you're trying to use the parameter finder with this? That won't work, you have to do a wild/stationary capture for it.
This actually helped out a lot. I did do the parameters with sweet scent and in the last area of Victory road without npc's.

Now im trying to get my timing and frame advancement on point. Is that all i should have left to do?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Start your game at the time it tells you to, then use Chatot or saving to advance a number of times equal to your target minus what it told you the starting frame is when you clicked "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame." If you didn't get what you wanted, click "Generate" in that same window and see if any of the frames near your target match what you got.

Start your game at the time it tells you to, then use Chatot or saving to advance a number of times equal to your target minus what it told you the starting frame is when you clicked "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame." If you didn't get what you wanted, click "Generate" in that same window and see if any of the frames near your target match what you got.
Another question. Shouldn't i technically be able to just get the right time and not worry about the frames, then pick up the mewtwo, generate adjacent seeds, have no fluctuation in the seconds, but set the min and max frame advancements to 0 since i didnt move or save or withdraw pokemon?

I had to put the DS down, this thing is driving me crazy... I must have something set up wrong!

Whenever it asks for method i have wondercard selected.

Here is what everything looks like so far. Let me know what i have to do from here...
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd202/titans77/MewtwoRNGHelp.jpg
Set your date to 1/24/12 and load your game at 2:23:10, one second before it says so. That's how it usually works on a DS Lite, I don't know if it's the same for DSi, but worth a shot. When you found your parameters, the "actual seconds" box would have told you.

Make sure to not press any buttons until the Nintendo screen comes up. I'd try to do this a couple times before making any frame advancements, just to make sure you're hitting the right seed/timer0. You should take note of the nature and IVs you're getting. If you're consistently hitting the same seed you should be getting the same IVs. You should be in a Pokemon Center that doesn't have moving NPCs, like the one in the Pokemon League, otherwise your results won't be accurate.

Also, on the main RNG Reporter window, don't enter the IVs or nature, just the seed. Clear everything except the seed and then hit generate. That will bring up all the IVs and nature on each frame. If you hit your seed/timer0, you should get the IVs and nature on frame 49.

If you have AIM you can AIM me if you need some help. I'm on right now.

Set your date to 1/24/12 and load your game at 2:23:10, one second before it says so. That's how it usually works on a DS Lite, I don't know if it's the same for DSi, but worth a shot. When you found your parameters, the "actual seconds" box would have told you.

Make sure to not press any buttons until the Nintendo screen comes up. I'd try to do this a couple times before making any frame advancements, just to make sure you're hitting the right seed/timer0. You should take note of the nature and IVs you're getting. If you're consistently hitting the same seed you should be getting the same IVs. You should be in a Pokemon Center that doesn't have moving NPCs, like the one in the Pokemon League, otherwise your results won't be accurate.

Also, on the main RNG Reporter window, don't enter the IVs or nature, just the seed. Clear everything except the seed and then hit generate. That will bring up all the IVs and nature on each frame. If you hit your seed/timer0, you should get the IVs and nature on frame 49.

If you have AIM you can AIM me if you need some help. I'm on right now.
Ok, so now i am consistently getting the same mewtwo. It is Naive and has the spread 15/1/6/15/14/10 but i cant find that spread anywhere in rng reporter or time finder... :(

Ok, so now i am consistently getting the same mewtwo. It is Naive and has the spread 15/1/6/15/14/10 but i cant find that spread anywhere in rng reporter or time finder... :(
You might not be hitting your timer0, or starting the game on the wrong second. What are your DS parameters? When you found your parameters, did you pay attention to the "actual seconds" box? What I'm not sure is how many seconds before your target do you have to start the game on a DSi. Does anyone know?

You might not be hitting your timer0, or starting the game on the wrong second. What are your DS parameters? When you found your parameters, did you pay attention to the "actual seconds" box? What I'm not sure is how many seconds before your target do you have to start the game on a DSi. Does anyone know?
My timer0 value is 123C. It has been that the entire time. As for parameters, it was a 1 second difference that i have been accounting for by starting a second earlier...

My timer0 value is 123C. It has been that the entire time. As for parameters, it was a 1 second difference that i have been accounting for by starting a second earlier...
Yeah, the offset is 1 second so you're doing it right. You're probably hitting your other timer0, just keep trying and you should eventually hit the correct one.

Yeah, the offset is 1 second so you're doing it right. You're probably hitting your other timer0, just keep trying and you should eventually hit the correct one.
Great news everybody!

Timid Mewtwo Lvl 70 Stats = 250/150/152/242/152/228
31/12/31/31/31/31!

w00t. I had to go 2 seconds earlier for some reason... i was off by 1 second the entire time

Thanks for all the advice guys! Feels good man...

In RNGReporter 9.94 for the Egg Time Finder, I'm searching for a flawless shiny timid egg within 0-50 advances. I've got 2 right now at frames 54 and 65. Are those frames for the MTRNG or the PIDRNG, because when I went to the main window and input the seed and Initial PIDRNG frame, it said that the shiny frame was on 55 not 54? I know the main window shows the PIDRNG, so would that mean I'd have to advance the IVRNG 46 times, or is it conflicting?

Also, when I put Pokemon into the PC to advance the IVRNG, will taking them back out screw anything up?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
The egg finder only uses the PIDRNG, the results will always be on IV frame 8. It's possible you entered something wrong, can you post a screenshot?

Taking out Pokémon is what advances the IV frame, depositing them does nothing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)