5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
It is my understanding that, in Black 2 and White 2 breeding, if a parent holds an Everstone there is now a 100% chance of the offspring inheriting the Nature of that parent, and that there is a high likelyhood that the offspring will also inherit the mother's Ability.
Is this true? If it is, how do you tell which frame you hit in RNG Reporter before picking up the Egg? Is there any possibility that RNG Reporter could be adapted to show the three stats a hatched Pokemon has that were not inherited from the parents? That would help things a lot, I think.
It is true.
Source

However, there's something wrong with the Egg RNG mechanics, so it currently impossible to RNG eggs.

Help Setting Parameters for GameStop Keldeo

Im trying to find a seed for my GS Keldeo I got the other day but no matter the date I try I just can't find a seed for the life of me. Any tips?

EDIT: I need help finding my parameters for this. What I meant was I can't find any results while I search for my parameters. Sorry for the confusion.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Im trying to find a seed for my GS Keldeo I got the other day but no matter the date I try I just can't find a seed for the life of me. Any tips?
are you trying to find your parameters? or do you already know them? The title of the post confuses me. If you already know your parameters then you should try other months / years.

are you trying to find your parameters? or do you already know them? The title of the post confuses me. If you already know your parameters then you should try other months / years.
I've been doing this for a while now but I haven't had any luck. I'm persistent though so I'm hoping for the best.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
so I see you're trying to find your parameters; that explains a lot. To do so just go to the last cave in victory road-remember to bring a pokemon with sweet scent with you. Save, choose a time in the Parameter finder time and try to load your game at the exact same time you have in the reporter. Don't press any buttons until you see the star in the intro hit the floor, don't open the c-gear and go to the game. Without moving use sweet scent and capture the first pokemon, use its IVs to get your parameters. Because you can hit more than one Timer0, i would recommend doing the same process at least 10 times to see which one you hit most often.

Keldeo comes from a Wondercard, and you cannot use Wondercard Pokemon to obtain your parameters.
Okay thanks. I didn't know that. I found my parameters by catching a Durant in victory road and now I'm using Time Finder to find a seed. My Method is Wondercard correct? And you can't get Shinys via Wondercard right?

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Trying RNGing, this time, by capturing a wild pokemon in grass. I got parameters set up, EonTimer calibrated, searched, (cleared the fog in the area), and got the seed I was looking for . However, it seems that this seed requires two separate 'advances' to hit a certain frame. If I'm reading this correctly, I need to advance my RNG frame by 4 and PIDRNG frame by 31. I have four pokemon in my party, use a Repel, and walk 27 more steps outside of grass. I then walk the 128th into grass to advance both the RNG and PIDRNG frames by 1 and 2, respectively, leaving my Chatot to make the other 29 advances. I then Sweet Scented in that plot of grass, but I didn't get the intended pokemon. I do get repeats of some pokemon, but they don't appear adjacent to my seed.

Is my understanding of frame advances right?

Trying RNGing, this time, by capturing a wild pokemon in grass. I got parameters set up, EonTimer calibrated, searched, (cleared the fog in the area), and got the seed I was looking for . However, it seems that this seed requires two separate 'advances' to hit a certain frame. If I'm reading this correctly, I need to advance my RNG frame by 4 and PIDRNG frame by 31. I have four pokemon in my party, use a Repel, and walk 27 more steps outside of grass. I then walk the 128th into grass to advance both the RNG and PIDRNG frames by 1 and 2, respectively, leaving my Chatot to make the other 29 advances. I then Sweet Scented in that plot of grass, but I didn't get the intended pokemon. I do get repeats of some pokemon, but they don't appear adjacent to my seed.

Is my understanding of frame advances right?
What's your target IV frame? If it's 4, then you only need to advance the frame by 3 since you start on frame 1. 1 + 3 = 4. But if your target is 5, then you did it correctly. You seem to have advanced the PID frame correctly, but make sure there are no moving NPCs in the area, because they can and will mess up your PID frame.

Edit: If there are moving NPCs, then I would recommend finding a new seed with an IV frame of 1 so you don't have to walk any steps.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
What's your target IV frame? If it's 4, then you only need to advance the frame by 3 since you start on frame 1. 1 + 3 = 4. But if your target is 5, then you did it correctly. You seem to have advanced the PID frame correctly, but make sure there are no moving NPCs in the area, because they can and will mess up your PID frame.
Yes; the target frame is 5, and I subtracted 1. There are no NPCs in Giant Chasm, so I don't think that'd change it. But my knowledge on frame advancing is correct?

Yes; the target frame is 5, and I subtracted 1. There are no NPCs in Giant Chasm, so I don't think that'd change it. But my knowledge on frame advancing is correct?
Yes, your knowledge on frame advancement is correct (just a tip, though: you don't have to step into the grass on the 128th step exactly, just make sure you take at least 128 steps). Are you sure you're hitting your seed correctly? As in, entering the game from the DS menu at the right time, and pressing your keypresses (if you have any)?

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
Yes, your knowledge on frame advancement is correct (just a tip, though: you don't have to step into the grass on the 128th step exactly, just make sure you take at least 128 steps). Are you sure you're hitting your seed correctly? As in, entering the game from the DS menu at the right time, and pressing your keypresses (if you have any)?
Ah, that's good, although that makes me more confused on what I'm missing. Any of the PIDRNG frames with the proper Encounter Slot/Nature/Ability/Gender work, right?

I press EonTimer and confirm the time change at the same time, turning off my DS Lite and switching it back on again. When EonTimer beeps down to 0, I press that rectangle that starts the game. I do make sure I don't press any buttons other than the ones needed to enter the game.

Oh, and no keypresses.

Ah, that's good, although that makes me more confused on what I'm missing. Any of the PIDRNG frames with the proper Encounter Slot/Nature/Ability/Gender work, right?

I press EonTimer and confirm the time change at the same time, turning off my DS Lite and switching it back on again. When EonTimer beeps down to 0, I press that rectangle that starts the game. I do make sure I don't press any buttons other than the ones needed to enter the game.
Yeah. Do you know how to check the PID frames of your seed? Go to the main window of reporter and change the method to Method 5 PIDRNG. Choose the encounter type and synchronizer/cute charmer if you have one in the lead slot, and paste your seed in. Then click "calculate initial PIDRNG Frame." It's on the far right of the window. Then click generate and it will show you the frames, so you can check if you're close.

Did you set your DS to the right date as well?

Okay so I found a seed for my Keldeo but I'm either not hitting the right frame (Target frame is 54 and I start at 53) or I'm messing up somewhere else. My method is set to Wondercard (5th Gen). I load the game in Victory Road cave, leave the cave and go to Victory Road PkmCenter then talk to Deliveryman after 1 Chatot summary. The Keldeo I end up getting is all wrong. :(

Should I start over or does somebody see my error? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. :D

Why are you loading the game in victory road? Save inside the Pokemon Center and hit your seed. When you get in the game, chatter once and you should get the results, unless you missed your timer0. The reason you missed your frame is because walking in Victory Road (or anywhere where there are wild Pokemon) advances the PID frame, so you went over your target.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
After a few repeated attempts at getting that pokemon:

I suddenly got the right IVs for the pokemon I want, but the wrong pokemon; apparently (or by coincidence), this pokemon corresponds with PIDRNG frame 85, rather than 77.
Maybe turning into a tile of grass also advances the frame?

After a few repeated attempts at getting that pokemon:

I suddenly got the right IVs for the pokemon I want, but the wrong pokemon; apparently (or by coincidence), this pokemon corresponds with PIDRNG frame 85, rather than 77.
Maybe turning into a tile of grass also advances the frame?
I'm honestly not sure, but since you went over your frame by 8, try doing 8 less chatot chatters and see what you get.

Nothing. :/ Again, (mostly) consistent results, but not the one I want.
Did you at least get the right IVs? If you didn't, keep trying until you do because that means you missed your timer0.

Edit: Or you missed your date/time/keypresses/frame, but you most likely didn't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)