5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

RNG'ing Latios in the Dreamyard. I've saved just before the step and found the seed for the IV spread I want. Tested a few times with master balls, and sometimes I hit the seed, sometimes I don't. Is this just timer0 trolling me? I'm not chatot chatting or anything, I'm using a synchronise lead and that gives me a lot of leeway with the PIDRNG

Anyone know of a VERY simple RNG guide or video? I couldn't understand the last few guides or I don't have the right RNG Reporter. This stuff is literally driving me mad, I just want a few flawless pokemon... T.T

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
RNG'ing Latios in the Dreamyard. I've saved just before the step and found the seed for the IV spread I want. Tested a few times with master balls, and sometimes I hit the seed, sometimes I don't. Is this just timer0 trolling me? I'm not chatot chatting or anything, I'm using a synchronise lead and that gives me a lot of leeway with the PIDRNG
There is a little boy in the double grass section of the Dreamyard who advances the PIDRNG. If you haven't battled him yet, if you make him move from the tile he is standing on, he will no longer advance the PIDRNG as long as you don't leave the exterior of the Dreamyard. From then on, it's a simple matter of RNGing Latios, as you can just do enough chatters to hit a sync frame.

Anyone know of a VERY simple RNG guide or video? I couldn't understand the last few guides or I don't have the right RNG Reporter. This stuff is literally driving me mad, I just want a few flawless pokemon... T.T
I've heard this one working well for quite a few people.

Unfortunately I've already battled him and left the dreamyard. However, because he advances the PIDRNG, the IVs should be the same every time regardless, right?

Agonist

Yeah, so long as you don't have the extreme unfortunate of the IV frame advancing when you take your step to engage Latios the IVs will be the same no matter what, it just means that the PIDRNG will advance randomly.

This is infuriating. So I'll attempt to catch him twice, and he'll have messed up IVs. Then I'll do a test with a master ball catch, and his IVs are what I want. Try a normal capture again, and IVs are screwed. Is this just timer0 screwing me over?

Heh, I just watched one of your vids(And commented with a question) What a small world...

And I'm not sure. All I know is: It's a school laptop.

Hi, I have a question.
if I have for example a perfect Relicanth inside the egg and I check it with external method's and change the id and secret id in another game with external method's and change the Relicanth at that's game and open the egg is that's a legit shiny Relicanth or in VGC Nintendo detect something wrong? Thanks.

In Emerald Emulator all the process.

So I was trying to find get a Rash Zweilous with a synchroniser. I hit my seed, and hit the correct frame. Capture it, bam, it's Hasty nature. Rather confused, I turn off synchronised natures, and find that it was indeed supposed to be Hasty if I didn't have a synchroniser leading. What happened there? RNGReporter had the nature down as being changeable by a synchroniser.

Agonist

Hi, I have a question.
if I have for example a perfect Relicanth inside the egg and I check it with external method's and change the id and secret id in another game with external method's and change the Relicanth at that's game and open the egg is that's a legit shiny Relicanth or in VGC Nintendo detect something wrong? Thanks.

In Emerald Emulator all the process.
The egg itself is fine, but since you hacked a TID/SID to hatch it shiny, that would be considered cheating, and no one would want it (there have been people blacklisted here for hacking IDs for shiny Pokemon).

So I was trying to find get a Rash Zweilous with a synchroniser. I hit my seed, and hit the correct frame. Capture it, bam, it's Hasty nature. Rather confused, I turn off synchronised natures, and find that it was indeed supposed to be Hasty if I didn't have a synchroniser leading. What happened there? RNGReporter had the nature down as being changeable by a synchroniser.
Do you have the BW2 box checked? That will change the PID a bit.

Yeah BW2 and Memory Link are both checked. I definitely hit my seed because the IVs are correct. I restarted and got to the same seed and frame again, and again it was Hasty. My synchroniser is a male Munna who is Rash.

The egg itself is fine, but since you hacked a TID/SID to hatch it shiny, that would be considered cheating, and no one would want it (there have been people blacklisted here for hacking IDs for shiny Pokemon).

Do you have the BW2 box checked? That will change the PID a bit.

well but that pokemon is not for trade only for VGC so is legal to participate?

Agonist

Yeah BW2 and Memory Link are both checked. I definitely hit my seed because the IVs are correct. I restarted and got to the same seed and frame again, and again it was Hasty. My synchroniser is a male Munna who is Rash.
Are you sure your Munna has a synchronize? If it does, try advancing to another PID frame that is syncable.

well but that pokemon is not for trade only for VGC so is legal to participate?
Technically yes, but there's no reason why you can't just hatch it non-shiny and use it like that, it really doesn't make a difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)