5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Well just so you know most of the other legendaries besides the mascots can be shiny.
Yeah, I never knew that pokemon could have a shiny lock. I already got a shiny kyurem afterwords and already have a shiny latios and virizion from the past couple days. It's too bad I couldn't get zekrom because it was a 31/31/31/31/31/31 shiny synchronize seed. At least I still got the perfect spread on it though.

You have to use the same time for each calibration attempt. The easiest way to go about it is to write down the time you want to use first in the parameters box said:
Thanks for the help. I actually hit my seed finally. However, i don't know what to do next. I got a random Bannette on vicotry road with perfect stats. How do i do this for the pokemon I actually want on White2? The guide is pretty vague in this area. I know i can set the slot to the pokemon I want using the white 2 table, but that doesn't seem to be working.

Also, are their any instructions on synching my DSi to Eontimer?

Okay, I'm really confused now. I'm trying to use a cute charm seed for the first time and it says there will be a shiny on frame 270, but when I put the seed in it says frame 2766? Is there something I'm doing wrong? Do I just ignore it and still go for frame 270? Frame 270 isn't even the right nature, but frame 271 is.

http://i.imgur.com/o4eDBQb.jpg

Thanks for the help. I actually hit my seed finally. However, i don't know what to do next. I got a random Bannette on vicotry road with perfect stats. How do i do this for the pokemon I actually want on White2? The guide is pretty vague in this area. I know i can set the slot to the pokemon I want using the white 2 table, but that doesn't seem to be working.

Also, are their any instructions on synching my DSi to Eontimer?
What are you trying to RNG? Anyway, the process is basically the same in BW/BW2 except that:

-BW2 have more Timer0's which means you might have to hit your seed multiple times before you get the pokemon you want
-More wandering NPC's which mess around with the PID
-Egg abuse isn't possible but Entralink is apparently* easier

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Okay, I'm really confused now. I'm trying to use a cute charm seed for the first time and it says there will be a shiny on frame 270, but when I put the seed in it says frame 2766? Is there something I'm doing wrong? Do I just ignore it and still go for frame 270? Frame 270 isn't even the right nature, but frame 271 is.

http://i.imgur.com/o4eDBQb.jpg
In the main window, you need to click Synchronize (in the top left area) which will change to Cute Charm, then set the correct gender and gender ratio and hit Generate again.

So, I entered my parameters (I've found shiny seeds before), but for some reason, I cannot for the life of me find a shiny (31/0/31/31/31/31) Timid Staryu with Natural Cure on Black 2. I've typed in almost 30 years, but I can't seem to find one. In fact, I can't find a seed like that on any of my games. I have Synchronize and Other checked off in the Abilities, Grass/Cave/Surf/Spot in the Required Encounters, just Timid in the natures, and Surf encounter slot value 1. Is there anything wrong with my setup?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
So, I entered my parameters (I've found shiny seeds before), but for some reason, I cannot for the life of me find a shiny (31/0/31/31/31/31) Timid Staryu with Natural Cure on Black 2. I've typed in almost 30 years, but I can't seem to find one. In fact, I can't find a seed like that on any of my games. I have Synchronize and Other checked off in the Abilities, Grass/Cave/Surf/Spot in the Required Encounters, just Timid in the natures, and Surf encounter slot value 1. Is there anything wrong with my setup?

Your setup is fine... Just bad luck, I guess.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus

You're limiting yourself by only using one Timer0 value. For Black 2 / White 2 most people have at least 2 or 3 that they regularly hit.

Hi people, sorry for coming here out of nowhere, It's just that I'm having issues with RNG Breeding, Shiny Flawless Breeding to be specific, and I thought that someone of you might solve this challenge :D. So, I'm trying to hatch a shiny HP Fire (don't ask why) Bold nature male Squirtle, so the IV spread is 31/30/31/30/31/30. I sought those in the timefinder in a range of one year of time, and I found this seed E2C02BDC5EF50B77. Then I generate and get all that stuff we know. I start from frame 50 and I should Hit 89 for the nature and gender. That's what I got:

As you can see, IVs check, Gender Check, Nature Check, HP (obviously) check. Shinyness not. I red-squared the PID for a reason, check this out:

As you can see The PID I Blue-squared is the shiny one I should get for the right nature and gender and obviously shinyness, but the PID is different. Instead five frames before I get the PID for the squirtle I hatched, but the nature is wrong. I'm breeding international I got from the GTS (yeah that's not fair but that's just for saving time) and doing everything on the same cart and obviously a DSLite, my ID and SID are correct I know for sure. Can anyone tell me what is going wrong?

Hi people, sorry for coming here out of nowhere, It's just that I'm having issues with RNG Breeding, Shiny Flawless Breeding to be specific, and I thought that someone of you might solve this challenge :D. So, I'm trying to hatch a shiny HP Fire (don't ask why) Bold nature male Squirtle, so the IV spread is 31/30/31/30/31/30. I sought those in the timefinder in a range of one year of time, and I found this seed E2C02BDC5EF50B77. Then I generate and get all that stuff we know. I start from frame 50 and I should Hit 89 for the nature and gender. That's what I got:

As you can see, IVs check, Gender Check, Nature Check, HP (obviously) check. Shinyness not. I red-squared the PID for a reason, check this out:

As you can see The PID I Blue-squared is the shiny one I should get for the right nature and gender and obviously shinyness, but the PID is different. Instead five frames before I get the PID for the squirtle I hatched, but the nature is wrong. I'm breeding international I got from the GTS (yeah that's not fair but that's just for saving time) and doing everything on the same cart and obviously a DSLite, my ID and SID are correct I know for sure. Can anyone tell me what is going wrong?
What parents are you using?

Eyedol

the artist formerly known as xAtrocity
It appears that your parents are not considered international parents. I found your spread using non-international parents and no Everstone here:

For the parents to be considered international, their language must be different from each other. For example, breeding two Japanese Pokémon on an English game card does not count as international breeding. The seven possible languages are English, Japanese, Spanish, Italian, German, French, and Korean.

It appears that your parents are not considered international parents. I found your spread using non-international parents and no Everstone here:

For the parents to be considered international, their language must be different from each other. For example, breeding two Japanese Pokémon on an English game card does not count as international breeding. The seven possible languages are English, Japanese, Spanish, Italian, German, French, and Korean.
Infact the parents were both american. I breeded with the Squirtle I hatched yesterday (which is italian) and I got the shiny flawless bold HP fire Squirtle :D Love you guys :D

Hello, everyone! As you can guess, I'm new here, and I mostly (read: only) joined so I could get some help with a couple of problems I've faced while trying to RNG. So here it goes:

In both Black and Black 2, I've been unable to obtain any parameters using the standard method (catch a pokemon, IV's to Seed). I literally get nothing at all. I have only gotten results, like, two or three times in total.

“Fine,” I thought to myself, “I'll just focus on Black 2 and use the Unova Link method instead.”

Except that doesn't work, either. I try to go for the usual seven spins, but that yields no results, so I go back one spin, and try with six spins, which usually yields way too many results. And I've tried this way too many times to know that I'm entering all the spins correctly.

So, what do you guys think? I'm doing this on 3DS and using the latest version of RNG reporter.

Hello, everyone! As you can guess, I'm new here, and I mostly (read: only) joined so I could get some help with a couple of problems I've faced while trying to RNG. So here it goes:

In both Black and Black 2, I've been unable to obtain any parameters using the standard method (catch a pokemon, IV's to Seed). I literally get nothing at all. I have only gotten results, like, two or three times in total.

“Fine,” I thought to myself, “I'll just focus on Black 2 and use the Unova Link method instead.”

Except that doesn't work, either. I try to go for the usual seven spins, but that yields no results, so I go back one spin, and try with six spins, which usually yields way too many results. And I've tried this way too many times to know that I'm entering all the spins correctly.

So, what do you guys think? I'm doing this on 3DS and using the latest version of RNG reporter.
If you're not getting any results then you're not hitting the correct time. Also another thing to remember is that BW2 have more Timer0's so it could take multiple tries to hit the correct one. I would suggest using EonTimer if you aren't already and just keep trying.

What are you trying to RNG? Anyway, the process is basically the same in BW/BW2 except that:

-BW2 have more Timer0's which means you might have to hit your seed multiple times before you get the pokemon you want
-More wandering NPC's which mess around with the PID
-Egg abuse isn't possible but Entralink is apparently* easier
I'd like a near perfect shiny eeve.

i didn't know entralink abuse was easier. I'll have to look into that.

but i still have the question of how to I get the perfect stats seed on the pokemon I want?

I'd like a near perfect shiny eeve.

i didn't know entralink abuse was easier. I'll have to look into that.

but i still have the question of how to I get the perfect stats seed on the pokemon I want?
I believe that you can RNG a wild shiny eevee in Castelia City -dunno if there's any WNPCs though.

Just read through the following guide and remember to use the encounter slots for your game version and to tick the boxes for BW2. Then proceed as if you were using BW1. Wild abuse is easy btw.

http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/bw_rng_intro

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Something wrong with RNG Reporter? Got this seed for a Shiny Litwick; BDB2CA137A9A0EE7, but I can't get the right ammount of Chatters right. Initial PID frame is 55, Shiny PID frame is 196, so everyone know I have to do 141 Chatters. That's not getting me the right Litwick, I think I got one 4 frames higher. Did 4 Chatters less, still ended up 2 frames too high. I'm on the second floor of the Celestial Tower, where No NPC's are moving. So, what the hell is going on?

Edit: I got it with 135 Chatters, which is 6 less than my original ammount of Chatters. Why is that?

Something wrong with RNG Reporter? Got this seed for a Shiny Litwick; BDB2CA137A9A0EE7, but I can't get the right ammount of Chatters right. Initial PID frame is 55, Shiny PID frame is 196, so everyone know I have to do 141 Chatters. That's not getting me the right Litwick, I think I got one 4 frames higher. Did 4 Chatters less, still ended up 2 frames too high. I'm on the second floor of the Celestial Tower, where No NPC's are moving. So, what the hell is going on?

Edit: I got it with 135 Chatters, which is 6 less than my original ammount of Chatters. Why is that?
Got more info? Like the characteristic of the Litwick you got after 141 and 137 chatters? Also, what ID/SID to make it shiny? I'll look into it.

EDIT: Did you use a Sync as well?

OK i got RNG down On Pokemon Black, and am now trying to figure out how to rng is pokemon Platinum, How do i set up my parameters or find my seed on this i cant figure out it out, also the gen4 seed generator seems to not be working properly, i tried messing with it to search for random seeds with flawless stats and when i hit generate the searching box pops up and closes automatically is it broken in the latest version?

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OK i got RNG down On Pokemon Black, and am now trying to figure out how to rng is pokemon Platinum, How do i set up my parameters or find my seed on this i cant figure out it out, also the gen4 seed generator seems to not be working properly, i tried messing with it to search for random seeds with flawless stats and when i hit generate the searching box pops up and closes automatically is it broken in the latest version?
5th Gen RNG =/= 4th Gen RNG. If you want assistance with 4th Gen RNG, go to the Most Gen RNG Help thread.

How come the IV's I generate in the Time Finder for a particular seed doesn't match up with the IV's that the same seed has in the Adjacent Seed Tool?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
How come the IV's I generate in the Time Finder for a particular seed doesn't match up with the IV's that the same seed has in the Adjacent Seed Tool?
The Adjacent Seed Tool is off by two frames (the IVRNG actually starts on frame 3, but Time Finder automatically skips the first 2 and treats 3 as 1). Change the frame and it should match up.

The Adjacent Seed Tool is off by two frames (the IVRNG actually starts on frame 3, but Time Finder automatically skips the first 2 and treats 3 as 1). Change the frame and it should match up.
Yep. That did the trick. The seed I'm trying to hit has a frame of 2 so I changed the Adjacent Seed Tool to show only frames of 4 and the IVs matched perfectly.

Thank you!

I'm trying to RNG some Hidden Grottos and my Dowsing Machine is indicating that there's an item there but I can't pick up. I need to remove that "item" to do the RNG on the Grotto I want.
Someone knows what's happening?

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I'm trying to RNG some Hidden Grottos and my Dowsing Machine is indicating that there's an item there but I can't pick up. I need to remove that "item" to do the RNG on the Grotto I want.
Someone knows what's happening?
My only guess is that you're looking in the wrong place. It has to be there if your dowsing machine detects it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)