5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

That certainly should not happen. As far as we can understand the error message just pop-in without having taken any action. Strange, because when we tried to make up an invalid profile it will ask: "The inputed (sic) profile data in (sic) invalid. The profile can not be saved. Would you like to continue editing this profile?"

Since we cannot reproduce that issue let's try bypassing this one; can you generate a profile via the DS Parameter Finder? Maybe that will work out somehow.

Alternatively, you can edit the xml manually. I have done thatfor you partially:

Code:
  <Profile>
    <Name>EnterAName</Name>
    <ID>46383</ID>
    <SID>08698</SID>
    <MAC_Address>EnterYourMacAdress</MAC_Address>
    <Version>White</Version>
    <Language>English</Language>
    <DSType>DS_Lite</DSType>
    <VCount>60</VCount>
    <VFrame>6</VFrame>
    <Timer0Min>C7F</Timer0Min>
    <Timer0Max>C7F</Timer0Max>
    <GxStat>6</GxStat>
    <Keypresses>15</Keypresses>
    <SoftReset>false</SoftReset>
    <SkipLR>false</SkipLR>
    <MemoryLink>false</MemoryLink>
  </Profile>
This one is based on a few assumtions. You are from the Netherlands and it is said that you get the English version of the game. From your Timer0 we can see that you are using a DS Lite or an Original.

So I'm trying to RNG all my events before I sell my Black version. I've successfully RNG'd Mewtwo and Zekrom, so I know I have the right specs. However, the VGC event Larvitar has been incredibly annoying to RNG; I've tried normal wondercard and GLAN wondercard methods, but I keep getting the wrong IVs. Here's my config:

First of all: GLAN = Gender-locked, any Nature. You will use the regular Wondercard method because this one is locked on Adamant.

Set Max Advanced much higher, like 200. We are talking about PID frames here, not IV frames. Since it is a Wondercard, the IVs are bound to the PID frames.

Thirdly, uncheck shiny. The PID is irrelevant here since both the nature and the shininess is predetermined. The only things to watch out are the IVs. And why not 0 speed? You should consider that, because it is easy.

Edit: I'd recommend not to have 0 speed because this one is not Brave. Hexa-flawless is better for him.

It works through DS Parameter Finder, I didn't get the error. The resulting profile had the same values as the one I tried to make through profiles though, so it's valid. I also tried another profile, and I only got the error I put in the values in this order:

1. Mac Address
2. VCount
3. GxStat
4. VFrame
5. Timer0 Min
6. Timer0 Max
7. Keypresses (all)
8. ID
9. SID
10. Version

And that's when I got the error. I don't know what the determining factor is in the order in which I fill in the information, but I don't get the error if I experiment with the order of input in ProfileEditor.

edit: I have no idea how to edit the xml, and your assumptions are correct, I'm using the English version on a DS Lite.

First of all: GLAN = Gender-locked, any Nature. You will use the regular Wondercard method because this one is locked on Adamant.

Set Max Advanced much higher, like 200. We are talking about PID frames here, not IV frames. Since it is a Wondercard, the IVs are bound to the PID frames.

Thirdly, uncheck shiny. The PID is irrelevant here since both the nature and the shininess is predetermined. The only things to watch out are the IVs. And why not 0 speed? You should consider that, because it is easy.

Edit: I'd recommend not to have 0 speed because this one is not Brave. Hexa-flawless is better for him.
I still can't get the right Larvitar (the 1 or 0 speed is to underspeed quiet politoed to get the weather advantage). I keep getting junk like 'Thoroughly Cunning' or 'Alert to sounds'.

Here's my specs again:

I still can't get the right Larvitar (the 1 or 0 speed is to underspeed quiet politoed to get the weather advantage). I keep getting junk like 'Thoroughly Cunning' or 'Alert to sounds'.

Here's my specs again:

Pull the IVs you get through the Parameter searcher, it should give us a better picture of what's going wrong.

Isn't that just for wild encounters? eg, the ones that work off of the IV side of the RNG?
Right, I forgot about that. What IVs are you hitting?

EDIT: you can use the Adjacent Seed Tool to find the seeds on C7C, which should be your other Timer0. You're probably hitting that one.

EDIT2: The one with 'Thoroughly cunning' is the one on frame 45 of seed 821449D6883739F9, which is on C7C. I can't seem to locate the 'Alert to sounds' one though.

Let us tell you that there is a weird phenomenon in BW2 when you get a nature and/or shiny locked Pokemon. The PID frame will be advanced by 1 before you actually generate the Pokemon.

Now, we don't know if that applies to BW1, but in that case you should look up in the adjacent PID frames (main window) in order to determine where you have been the whole time. If that what we have said is true, then your Larvitar could be on the frame after - ergo Min/Max 1/1.

So I have about twenty pokemon in my entralink which I intend to RNG. I've heard that entralink abuse is much easier in BW2 which is the game I'll be using. Is there any guide that is specifically for this version? Thanks.

For specific guides, i don't know anyone but with the tips on the OP you will have none to little problems. Just remenber to check the black/white2 box and in case you did memory link the memory link box in the main window.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
So I have about twenty pokemon in my entralink which I intend to RNG. I've heard that entralink abuse is much easier in BW2 which is the game I'll be using. Is there any guide that is specifically for this version? Thanks.
It's identical to abusing normal stationary Pokemon except that IV starting frames are at 25 not 1.

I've got a question- How do I find out my Parameters for my B2W2 copies?
I can't run the latest version of RNG Reporter (I have Windows XP), and the version I have has no options for English B2W2.

I've got a question- How do I find out my Parameters for my B2W2 copies?
I can't run the latest version of RNG Reporter (I have Windows XP), and the version I have has no options for English B2W2.
Unfortunately, you'll have to wait for Reporter to support XP again and nobody knows when that will be. :(

Hopefully somebody else here can prove me wrong but I can't think of any other way, sorry. Anyone with access to the latest version of Reporter can find them for you, but you won't be able to enter the parameters on your computer because your version doesn't support English.

Unfortunately, you'll have to wait for Reporter to support XP again and nobody knows when that will be. :(

Hopefully somebody else here can prove me wrong but I can't think of any other way, sorry. Anyone with access to the latest version of Reporter can find them for you, but you won't be able to enter the parameters on your computer because your version doesn't support English.

Ah OK. Guess I have no choice but to update now.
Thanks!

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
So what's the general shifted starting frame for entralink abuse? assuming there is one of course.
It's just that you start on frame 25 instead. CGear still does advance your PID frame so you probably will have to use a timer to get a Pokemon with the right Nature. Do that part at least just like how you would with Entralink abuse on BW1.

Ah OK. Guess I have no choice but to update now.
Thanks!
I'll PM you a test build that's supposed to work with Windows XP.

After searching everywhere and getting no answers, could someone help me?
I'm attempting to RNG an Excadrill on White. On the Time Finder Settings I've chosen Standard Seed > Cave Spot Pokémon and got my Seed.
On the main window, PIDRNG > Wild Pokémon (Cave Spot), and found my results.

Now, how should I generate the dust clouds? Should I chatot-advance up to my desired result, and try to get the cloud to appear in less than 20 steps?
Please tell me if I did anything wrong.

To be frank, don't do it that way. We have tried that for a long time and it is usually faster to breed one (we haven't succeded with the cave spot method, by the way).

In order to generate dust clouds you need to move around, which increases your PID frame by 2 per step in a cave. Walk to much and your IVs get screwed up. When exactly a cloud will pop up has that annoying habit to change every time you reset, and when it does it even doesn't even appear at the same spot every time.

Unless you really want it in your ball of choice, save yourself the frustration.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)