5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

To be frank, don't do it that way. We have tried that for a long time and it is usually faster to breed one (we haven't succeded with the cave spot method, by the way).

In order to generate dust clouds you need to move around, which increases your PID frame by 2 per step in a cave. Walk to much and your IVs get screwed up. When exactly a cloud will pop up has that annoying habit to change every time you reset, and when it does it even doesn't even appear at the same spot every time.

Unless you really want it in your ball of choice, save yourself the frustration.

Thanks for replying. For a while there I really thought I was the only one having trouble with that method.
I guess I can always RNG a flawless male in the same egg group, and start breeding from there.

Okay, now that I've found it again (thanks RNGer Aaron), the guide for the RNG of Dream Radar Pokémon is as follows; http://72.30.187.37/search/srpcache...N&icp=1&.intl=uk&sig=MpICCFI.AzsuI0dy8agxFw--

"IVs are determined using the same method as IVs for wild Pokémon, but with the IV frame starting on frame 8. The Nature is determined using the same method as the PID for wild Pokémon, and appears to start on: the same frame after calculating initial PIDRNG Frame, but with an offset of 2 for Pokémon with a gender, and an offset of 1 for Pokémon without a gender."

Taking the Therian formes into account, because they have a gender does that mean that I will +2 to the PIDRNG Frames, or is it only +1 because it's a SET gender? The reason I ask is that I tried RNGing a Tornadus after consistently getting Riolus and Swablus in practice, but when I hit it and did the advances, it was either 1 or 2 advances short of the intended nature.

HEY GUYS FOR THE PAST DAY I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO RNG A COTTONEE BUT EVERY TIME I HIT MY SEED I GET IT BUT IT HAS INFILTRATOR ABILITY INSTEAD OF PRANKSTER. I THOUGHT THAT SINCE I AM NOT ADVANCING THE FRAMES THAT THE ABILITY WOULD CHANGE RANDOMLY BUT I STILL GET THE SAME COTONEE WITH THE RGHT IV BUT NOT THE ABILITY I WANT. ALSO I NOTICED THAT WHEN I TRY TO RNG A DIFFERENT POKEMON WITH THE SAME IVS AS THE COTONEE I GET THE EXACT SAME SEED EVEN THOUGH THE POKEMON IS IN A DIFFERENT ENCOUNTER SLOT. I THINK THE ENCOUNTER SLOT FOR BLACK 2 DONT WORK AM I CORRECT?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Abilities are controlled the pid frames, which are different from the ivs frames. The easiest way to advance the pid is by using a chatot with a recorded chatter. Every time you see its summary the pid will advance by one. Be careful though, as pid also controls encounter slots, gender and even shininess.

To use effectively, go to the main window. Select the method 5th gen pid* enter your seed, click on bw2 and then click on calculate initial pid rng. Lastly, hit generate. Oh btw, if you're using a syncronizer or any other lead that can affect encounters then make sure to input that as well.

Anyways, a list of frames should appear and you need to manually find one that you like(has the pokemon, gender, and ability desired) after that advance the pid frames with your chatot and there you go. Btw, when you start advancing, you don't beging from 0 but the first number that appeared when you hit generate.

*: I don't recall the exact name/could be mixing it up with something else. If incorrect, please let me know.

Thanks to Robcore's post above, I've been trying my hand at Dream Radar RNG. However, I've run into a brick wall. I can't seem to hit my seed ever. I'm not even close to hitting it. I've been using the UnovaLinkCalibration section of RNGReporter to try and find what seed I've been hitting, and it comes up blank every time. I'm thinking that maybe it has something to do with how I'm inputting my link spins. Does anyone have any insight?

Eyedol

the artist formerly known as xAtrocity
Unova Link Calibration has been fixed in this alpha version of RNG Reporter 9.96.6.

As for your main problem, have you used Memory Link on that save file? If so, the +2/+1 offset for a gender/genderless Pokémon is instead +1/+0. The spinner results you would get are also shifted back one frame. You would use the results starting at your initial PIDRNG frame, not initial +1.

Abilities are controlled the pid frames, which are different from the ivs frames. The easiest way to advance the pid is by using a chatot with a recorded chatter. Every time you see its summary the pid will advance by one. Be careful though, as pid also controls encounter slots, gender and even shininess.

To use effectively, go to the main window. Select the method 5th gen pid* enter your seed, click on bw2 and then click on calculate initial pid rng. Lastly, hit generate. Oh btw, if you're using a syncronizer or any other lead that can affect encounters then make sure to input that as well.

Anyways, a list of frames should appear and you need to manually find one that you like(has the pokemon, gender, and ability desired) after that advance the pid frames with your chatot and there you go. Btw, when you start advancing, you don't beging from 0 but the first number that appeared when you hit generate.

*: I don't recall the exact name/could be mixing it up with something else. If incorrect, please let me know.

OK CEREZ THX FOR YOUR HELP

Unova Link Calibration has been fixed in this alpha version of RNG Reporter 9.96.6.

As for your main problem, have you used Memory Link on that save file? If so, the +2/+1 offset for a gender/genderless Pokémon is instead +1/+0. The spinner results you would get are also shifted back one frame. You would use the results starting at your initial frame PIDRNG frame, not initial +1.

Thanks so much!!

#447 Riolu| ♀
OT: A 60868
Adsamant | Prankster(Justified) | 31/31/31/20/31/31
Caught Pokemon Dream World

I'm after some help, because I'm scratching my head. It's in relation to the following;

http://72.30.187.37/search/srpcache...N&icp=1&.intl=uk&sig=MpICCFI.AzsuI0dy8agxFw--

These are my details;

MAC Address - 9BFAC5902
Original DS
Min Timer / Max Timer - 10F3
VCount - 82
GxStat - 6
VFrame - 8

Method - Gen 5 PIDRNG
Encounter Type - Wild Pokemon

Tornadus-T waiting, so I find the following;
Seed - DBA14D9FBCF810D9
Frame - 31
Starting PIDRNG - 52

From that, I've got 10 frame advances for the IVs, so 5 times I click on the Unova Link. Because it's a Therian, I add 7 onto the PIDRNG. As Tornadus is a male, I add two. So, I should have a PIDRNG of 52 + 10 + 7 + 2, which would be 71, which that frame gives as Timid. Instead, I get a Brave Tornadus-T, so I've hit either frame 69 or 70.

Thundurus-T waiting, so I find the following;
Seed - 4291B12D7674E95A
Frame - 29
Starting PIDRNG - 46

From that, I assume I have 8 frame advances (therefore I enter the Key Link 4 times). Because it's Therian, I need to add +7 onto the PIDRNG, along with 8 because of the frame advances. I should then add 2 because it's a gendered Pokémon, which should mean that the PIDRNG frame I hit is 46 + 7 + 8 + 2 = 63, which for the sake of this would be Adamant. Instead, I hit 61, which is (thankfully) Timid.

Am I missing something obvious because it isn't consistent, unless I shouldn't add the additional offset two due to the gender..? I know it's a fixed gender.. the only thing I can work out is that I'm including that when I shouldn't be doing so..?

I'm after some help, because I'm scratching my head. It's in relation to the following;

http://72.30.187.37/search/srpcache?ei=UTF-8&p=dream radar rng reporter&rd=r1&fr=yfp-t-111&u=http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=dream radar rng reporter&d=4504159065999942&mkt=en-GB&setlang=en-GB&w=skYHFZXBaSoAQTocLYJ5aPkJoDmiC3GN&icp=1&.intl=uk&sig=MpICCFI.AzsuI0dy8agxFw--

These are my details;

MAC Address - 9BFAC5902
Original DS
Min Timer / Max Timer - 10F3
VCount - 82
GxStat - 6
VFrame - 8

Method - Gen 5 PIDRNG
Encounter Type - Wild Pokemon

Tornadus-T waiting, so I find the following;
Seed - DBA14D9FBCF810D9
Frame - 31
Starting PIDRNG - 52

From that, I've got 10 frame advances for the IVs, so 5 times I click on the Unova Link. Because it's a Therian, I add 7 onto the PIDRNG. As Tornadus is a male, I add two. So, I should have a PIDRNG of 52 + 10 + 7 + 2, which would be 71, which that frame gives as Timid. Instead, I get a Brave Tornadus-T, so I've hit either frame 69 or 70.

Thundurus-T waiting, so I find the following;
Seed - 4291B12D7674E95A
Frame - 29
Starting PIDRNG - 46

From that, I assume I have 8 frame advances (therefore I enter the Key Link 4 times). Because it's Therian, I need to add +7 onto the PIDRNG, along with 8 because of the frame advances. I should then add 2 because it's a gendered Pokémon, which should mean that the PIDRNG frame I hit is 46 + 7 + 8 + 2 = 63, which for the sake of this would be Adamant. Instead, I hit 61, which is (thankfully) Timid.

Am I missing something obvious because it isn't consistent, unless I shouldn't add the additional offset two due to the gender..? I know it's a fixed gender.. the only thing I can work out is that I'm including that when I shouldn't be doing so..?

I've had the same problems. The PID frame is constantly fluctuating between a -1, 1 and +3 offset. (I used memory link already) The only solution that I can think of is to test a seed with a trash pokemon in slot 2 and see what nature comes up. I screwed up my tornadus already, unfortunately.

i have another question. in Pokemon black 2 in the area where u catch Eevee do the wandering npc's affect your frame even though u cant see them? since all i see is 1 npc in that area and doesn't move at all. also can any one give me a list (or link to a list) that shows all the ares in both Pokemon black and black 2 with no wandering npc's.

i have another question. in Pokemon black 2 in the area where u catch Eevee do the wandering npc's affect your frame even though u cant see them? since all i see is 1 npc in that area and doesn't move at all. also can any one give me a list (or link to a list) that shows all the ares in both Pokemon black and black 2 with no wandering npc's.

Eyedol

the artist formerly known as xAtrocity
There is something advancing the PIDRNG in that area. However, it is unclear what it is that's doing that.

ok imi back and now im having trouble pidrnging. sio i tried to get a deino with all ivs perfect exept for atk and the nature to be modest and i ended up geting the pid part right but not the ivs. what i did 1st was go to rng report. 2nd i when to 5th gen time finder. 3rd i put pidrng in the method box. 3rd i put the ivs all to 31 exept the atk witch i left blank. i put encounter type at wild and in the ecounter slot put 11. the encounter slot was for gtting a lv 40 deino. i checked the syncronized frame only and hit generate. in game i had a synchrnizer in 1st slot with modest already for battle. i was not sure weather to listen to a chatot pitch to go to my starting frame or not so i decided to listen to 1 chatot pitch. i used sweet scent. a wild deino appeared! it was lv 38. i cought it. i copyed my seed on to the 1st window f rng where it says seed (HEX) . i put method to 5th gen pidrng encounter type to wild and in the synchronize box i put modest. I CLICKED IN THE CALCULATE INITIAL PIDRNG FRAME MY starting frame changed to 50 witch was the same frame as on my seed. i looked at the next frame witch was 51 and the encounter slot was 3 witch is for a lv 38 deino. this leads me to belive that when i listented to chatot i went from frame 50 to 51. i went to the ds parameter finder and filled everything properly. my seed was to start game at 30 and my game takes 1 sec to start so i put the seconds on 29. i filled out the iv part with the calculate ivs from stats button. i filledin the stats correctly. i clicked generate. it shows that i did infact hit my seed and timer 0 so why didnt the dieno end up with the right ivs. did the time finder only find the ivs i wanted on the 50 fram only? any help would be great also sorry for the bi post

OK SO NOW I GOT MY HIT MY SEED AND GOT THE PID PART RIGHT WITH THE RIGHT FRAME BUT STILL THE WRONG IVS. AM I SUPPOSSED TO PUT STANDARD RNG IN THE TIME FINDER THEN COPY AND PAST IN THE 1ST RNG WINDOW AND PUT PID RN IN THAT ONE?

OK SO NOW I GOT MY HIT MY SEED AND GOT THE PID PART RIGHT WITH THE RIGHT FRAME BUT STILL THE WRONG IVS. AM I SUPPOSSED TO PUT STANDARD RNG IN THE TIME FINDER THEN COPY AND PAST IN THE 1ST RNG WINDOW AND PUT PID RN IN THAT ONE?
If the IVs are wrong then you're not hitting your seed.

Watch the video tutorials on the first page.

So I'm having the most absurd problem that has left me scratching my head. Trying to RNG a Latias on White2.

Deets:
DSLite 001EA9C8DA49
English White2
ID/SID - 18594/40963
Timer0 - 10F5
VCount - 82
VFrame - 6
GxStat - 6

Seed - ABD93E44D76659A0
IVs 31/0/31/31/31/31
Keypresses - Start-Up-R
Shiny with Modest (Synchronizable) nature on frame 66

Now I've figured out that my shifted starting frame on this one is 50 (despite the calculated one saying 48), so I need to do 16 advances with a Timid Synchronize lead. I do that however and the result is a Latias with the right IVs and nature but not shiny. What's weirder is if I do this without the Synchronize lead I hit the Modest shiny one. I have confirmed that irregardless of the Synchronize lead the starting frame on this seed is always 50 (Mild). Any clues as to what's going wrong?

Also if someone could pass on the Windows XP test build of RNG Reporter that supports BW2 that would be great as I was doing this on someone else's machine instead of my own XP one, won't be able to troubleshoot this more until I have it.

dp

EDIT - problem solved now, seems like there was a wandering NPC in the Dreamyard. Still looking for that test RNG Reporter tho

is the zorua from driftveil city in b/w2 shiny locked?

Is not a shiny lock but a static PID, that means that it will ALWAYS have the same nature, IV's and non-shiny status. All of N pokemons are the same, you don't need to RNG any of then because they have usable natures and 30 IV's across the board.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 38)