5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Here you go.

Thanks! Looking at it quickly, you forgot to check the Ditto parent box in the main window, but everything else looks fine :)

edit: Your seed is also set up to be used without an everstone. It sounded like you were using one before, so I'd take it off as that would throw off your results anyway.

Last edited:
Thanks! Looking at it quickly, you forgot to check the Ditto parent box in the main window, but everything else looks fine :)

edit: Your seed is also set up to be used without an everstone. It sounded like you were using one before, so I'd take it off as that would throw off your results anyway.
Thank you, the ditto box was unchecked...cant believe I missed that, thought I double checked everything thanks!

Good evening. I'm requesting assistance on an issue that I can't seem to get over. First, I'll list my prerequisites:

- External Resources: DS Lite, Pokémon Black Version 2 (English), RNG Reporter 9.96.5 BETA
- In-Game Prerequisites: Two Chatot with Chatter, Foongus with Sweet Scent, Twist Mountain (Section before Exit to Icirrus City), Goal of Obtaining Gurdurr (Female, Adamant, 31.31.31.x.31.31), Seeds to Perform Actions, Initial Frame of 47, Target Frame of 97

I've managed to complete the necessary preparation steps to calibrate my DS to the time given by the seed in the Time Finder. My only problem is finding my Shifted Starting Frame, and I fear that it may be because of the one NPC in the corner (a Miner) who seems to not move at all, and is merely stationary. Would this have any effect at all on my PIDRNG Frames?

Last edited:

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
Good evening. I'm requesting assistance on an issue that I can't seem to get over. First, I'll list my prerequisites:

- External Resources: DS Lite, Pokémon Black Version 2 (English), RNG Reporter 9.96.5 BETA
- In-Game Prerequisites: Twist Mountain (Section before Exit to Icirrus City), Goal of Obtaining Gurdurr (Female, Adamant, 31.31.31.x.31.31), Seeds to Perform Actions, Initial Frame of 47, Target Frame of 97

I've managed to complete the necessary preparation steps to calibrate my DS to the time given by the seed in the Time Finder. My only problem is finding my Shifted Starting Frame, and I fear that it may be because of the one NPC in the corner (a Miner) who seems to not move at all, and is merely stationary. Would this have any effect at all on my PIDRNG Frames?
Stationary NPCs have no affect on the PID frame. It sounds to me like you're missing your timer0. When you can't find the SSF, try sweet scenting and catching the wild Pokemon. If it has the right IVs you hit your timer0, but were unable to find your SSF. If it doesn't have the desired IVs, you missed your timer0. Try using the adjacent seed tool (right click on the seed in time finder). If you can match your Chatot pitches to any of the seeds in there you can confirm you missed your timer0. Good luck.

From my understanding, SSF should refer to the frame you hit after Chattering once, unless I'm missing something, so you may simply call it starting frame.

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
Please Help! I'm trying to RNG my Zekrom (first RNG project). I'm using PPRNG 1.15.0 and ZomgTimer v2.21. I'll attach a screenshot of the time (seed?) I'm trying to get.

Umm, what other info do I need to give? I'm using Black 2 and my 3DS XL, I don't have a chatot yet (have to get one from a grotto, seems kinda hard), and I have an adamant synchronizer fainted at the front of my party. My character is standing in front of zekrom, and all I have to do upon restarting is press A to start the encounter.

I have read the guide (http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/pprng_gen5_01_intro), but I didn't fully understand the calibration step for BW2, I did the unova link technique a couple of times, and input 2 of the values I got, so that might be where my problem is.

I'm a total noob to RNG, but I really want this ASAP for the Battle of Legends competition, so tips and suggestions are appreciated! :)

Attachments

If you weren't able to figure out the calibration, I assume you're using an arbitrary vcount/vframe/timer0 for the parameters? I don't have experience on unova link much less in b2/w2, but I do know that b2/w2 has more timer0s, so it's better to have calibrated to see more or less what timer0 you're getting 60% of the time.

With that, were you able to figure out what PID frame you start on? You're going to have to make do with saving in front of zekrom in order to advance it if you're not opting to go the chatot's customized chatter method.

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
If you weren't able to figure out the calibration, I assume you're using an arbitrary vcount/vframe/timer0 for the parameters? I don't have experience on unova link much less in b2/w2, but I do know that b2/w2 has more timer0s, so it's better to have calibrated to see more or less what timer0 you're getting 60% of the time.
If by arbitrary, you mean values that I got after doing the technique a few times, then yes. The values never repeated themselves, so I didn't know if that was because I was doing something wrong (like if I wasn't being accurate enough when I restart) or what.

With that, were you able to figure out what PID frame you start on? You're going to have to make do with saving in front of zekrom in order to advance it if you're not opting to go the chatot's customized chatter method.
I thought that by restricting the IV frame to 1 that would allow me to skip the "advancing the frame" step? (ah, I see now; this zekrom spread would require *47* advances? ...I might need to find another one if that is the case). I don't think I understand this step as well as I thought either... -.-

I'll read the instructions again. Further help is still appreciated. :)

If by arbitrary, you mean values that I got after doing the technique a few times, then yes. The values never repeated themselves, so I didn't know if that was because I was doing something wrong (like if I wasn't being accurate enough when I restart) or what.
Well i meant if you used values that are most common that you got from other users. But seeing that you were able to check results yourself is better.

I thought that by restricting the IV frame to 1 that would allow me to skip the "advancing the frame" step? (ah, I see now; this zekrom spread would require *47* advances? ...I might need to find another one if that is the case). I don't think I understand this step as well as I thought either... -.-
No, that's your starting frame (well it may, or it may be earlier than that and if it's the latter you need to advance it further to get to your target frame's NATURE) if i remember correctly (I haven't used PPRNG, only rng reporter so I'm not sure tho). You should input the seed in your main window and find something like PIDRNG and hit generate (hopefully there's something along those lines, if not someone with knowledge of PPRNG can help you map those out).

I'll read the instructions again. Further help is still appreciated. :)
Responses in bold.

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
On the calibration step: so the fact that I was able to get values, and more than once, means that I did that step correctly? The fact that the values never repeated wasn't a problem?

No, that's your starting frame (well it may, or it may be earlier than that and if it's the latter you need to advance it further to get to your target frame's NATURE) if i remember correctly (I haven't used PPRNG, only rng reporter so I'm not sure tho). You should input the seed in your main window and find something like PIDRNG and hit generate (hopefully there's something along those lines, if not someone with knowledge of PPRNG can help you map those out).
Oh! Ok, it looks like the label for the stationary encounter says that the correct PID is 48, so that means 1 time saving, correct? I'll try it and see if it works for me. :)

On the calibration step: so the fact that I was able to get values, and more than once, means that I did that step correctly? The fact that the values never repeated wasn't a problem?
I believe the fact that you were able to get values from the search means it worked.

Oh! Ok, it looks like the label for the stationary encounter says that the correct PID is 48, so that means 1 time saving, correct? I'll try it and see if it works for me. :)
I guess, but I suggest that you try hitting your target first and see if it matches the nature near that PID frame on the main window. Okay let me know what happens, I'm still unfamiliar with PPRNG, but hopefully we can find out their similarities with reporter's.
Responses in bold case.

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
I guess, but I suggest that you try hitting your target first and see if it matches the nature near that PID frame on the main window. Okay let me know what happens, I'm still unfamiliar with PPRNG, but hopefully we can find out their similarities with reporter's.
Ok. Using an outside IV checker, I can see that I'm getting the same nature and IVs each time, just not the correct IVs (thanks for catching that). So, I'm hitting SOME seed with precision, just not the seed I want (the seed I seem to be hitting is adamant 19/19/8/3,4/21/6,7; raw stats 233/250/178/157/159/135).

Ok. Using an outside IV checker, I can see that I'm getting the same nature and IVs each time, just not the correct IVs (thanks for catching that). So, I'm hitting SOME seed with precision, just not the seed I want (the seed I seem to be hitting is adamant 19/19/8/3,4/21/6,7; raw stats 233/250/178/157/159/135).
It seems that you're hitting the wrong timer0. Would you be able to find something on PPRNG that has the words, simple seed tool/ checker? You might be able to find out your timer0 from there. Once you determine that you're hitting the wrong timer0, just keep trying, it may be that you'll be able to hit it after a couple of tries, pressing the a button a little earlier/later after the clock ticks 1 second before the target second, that is if you're using a ds original/lite.

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
It seems that you're hitting the wrong timer0. Would you be able to find something on PPRNG that has the words, simple seed tool/ checker? You might be able to find out your timer0 from there. Once you determine that you're hitting the wrong timer0, just keep trying, it may be that you'll be able to hit it after a couple of tries, pressing the a button a little earlier/later after the clock ticks 1 second before the target second, that is if you're using a ds original/lite.
Hmm, I'm using a 3DS XL, dunno how that affects things...

As for the incorrect timer0, the closest tool for this is the "Black 2 / White 2 Parameter Searcher", which uses the spinning icon in the menu of the unova link to help you figure these facts out (seed, time, timer0, vcount, and vframe). The thing that always threw me was that it required you havea min/max value for timer0, vcount, and vframe ahead of time, before the search would turn anything up. I was pretty sure I wasn't doing this step properly, since I never got the same value twice. -.-

I'll try this step again and see if I can't get results that are more accurate. :)

lats

formerly lockiegengar12

As for the incorrect timer0, the closest tool for this is the "Black 2 / White 2 Parameter Searcher", which uses the spinning icon in the menu of the unova link to help you figure these facts out (seed, time, timer0, vcount, and vframe). The thing that always threw me was that it required you havea min/max value for timer0, vcount, and vframe ahead of time, before the search would turn anything up. I was pretty sure I wasn't doing this step properly, since I never got the same value twice. -.-

I'll try this step again and see if I can't get results that are more accurate. :)
The 3DS Xl has a longer starting time, you'll be able to figure out what it is in your actual seconds when you calibrate though. Timer0 tend to fluctuate a lot in BW2, so unless the timer0 vary from 1004 to 1107 or something it's just bad luck.

Could you maybe screencap what it says on Black 2 / White 2 Parameter Searcher? It should just ask you to mention the time you started the game, and the direction the arrow pointed in.

If your using the 3DS, I believe you have to press A 8 seconds before your target time (can possibly be 7 as well iirc). Think you figure it out when calibrating.

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
VCount: B1-B6
VFrame: 0-F

Maybe I'm just dumb but is your VCount/VFrame suppose to be that varied? Maybe that's just a 3DS thing that I don't know about but shouldn't that be just one number?

I believe it's normal since b2/w2 has a lot of timer0s as compared to like having 1-3 at maximum for b/w. And as trevenant forest and lockie have said, try hitting your target seconds 8 seconds early.

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
The 3DS Xl has a longer starting time, you'll be able to figure out what it is in your actual seconds when you calibrate though. Timer0 tend to fluctuate a lot in BW2, so unless the timer0 vary from 1004 to 1107 or something it's just bad luck.

Could you maybe screencap what it says on Black 2 / White 2 Parameter Searcher? It should just ask you to mention the time you started the game, and the direction the arrow pointed in.
Attaching a screenshot of the parameter searcher. I haven't actually searched for one since I started today's RNG session a really long time ago, so all the values are default or blank.

I'll try doing this step again and take screenshots of the values I've been getting.

---

Recalibration attempt the first (first time I've gotten more than 2 results. Putting in the next spin direction causes no results to be shown):

Second Attempt: only 1 entry this time:

Attachments

Last edited:

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
Attaching a screenshot of the parameter searcher. I haven't actually searched for one since I started today's RNG session a really long time ago, so all the values are default or blank.

I'll try doing this step again and take screenshots of the values I've been getting.

Just to make sure, you aren't entering the timer0/Vframe/Vcount before you search? xD. It seems to me they'd be filled in after a search or are just to mark. Then again, someone that actually has PPRNG is probably going to come in and wreck me.

Just set the time to whatever and enter the game at exactly that time, do 5 spins then search for a seed. Nothing else you really can do.

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
Just to make sure, you aren't entering the timer0/Vframe/Vcount before you search? xD. It seems to me they'd be filled in after a search or are just to mark. Then again, someone that actually has PPRNG is probably going to come in and wreck me.

Just set the time to whatever and enter the game at exactly that time, do 5 spins then search for a seed. Nothing else you really can do.
I missed your post before I posted 2 calibration attempts (edited my original post). I don't set min/max timer0/vframe/vcounter before I search. I think those are generic ranges or something (but it threw me as well). The first time I got wayy more results than any other attempt, but the second time I only got 1 number, same as usual.

Hello, I'm trying to RNG a shiny terrakion in black 2, and damn those timer 0's lol... I've done two successful RNG projects already but neither have been shiny, and for some reason I'm having trouble controlling the PIDRNG.

So I'm on route 22, I've hit my desired iv spread twice, but both times the PIDRNG have been so far off I can't even find it within 12 frames lol. I've calculated the initial PIDRNG frame, and I'm advancing the frames using one chatot, switching between the chatot and abra (I can't use two chatots because my iv frame is 3, so I can only have 2 pokemon in my party.)

Is the problem a moving NPC somewhere on the route? I haven't found one except a weird turning pokemon ranger trainer.

As a side note, this is my first time using keypresses... I'm using 3 keys and have been holding them until the star flies in the screen after starting the game.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! ^_^

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
Hello, I'm trying to RNG a shiny terrakion in black 2, and damn those timer 0's lol... I've done two successful RNG projects already but neither have been shiny, and for some reason I'm having trouble controlling the PIDRNG.

So I'm on route 22, I've hit my desired iv spread twice, but both times the PIDRNG have been so far off I can't even find it within 12 frames lol. I've calculated the initial PIDRNG frame, and I'm advancing the frames using one chatot, switching between the chatot and abra (I can't use two chatots because my iv frame is 3, so I can only have 2 pokemon in my party.)

Is the problem a moving NPC somewhere on the route? I haven't found one except a weird turning pokemon ranger trainer.

As a side note, this is my first time using keypresses... I'm using 3 keys and have been holding them until the star flies in the screen after starting the game.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! ^_^
You're probably missing your timer0. Try using the adjacent seed tool. Right click on the seed in time finder and select it. It'll give you a list of seeds with similar timer0, and the chatot sequence that they'd follow.
NPCs are on that route; try listening to the chatot pitches three times then match them to a sequence within 10 frames in the main window.

Edit: Apparently I only decided to read the last half of your post; my second point stands.

You're probably missing your timer0. Try using the adjacent seed tool. Right click on the seed in time finder and select it. It'll give you a list of seeds with similar timer0, and the chatot sequence that they'd follow.
NPCs are on that route; try listening to the chatot pitches three times then match them to a sequence within 10 frames in the main window.
oh hey lockie :) I've been using the adjacent seed thingy and i can find when I hit my timer0, so I guess its just the PIDRNG

when I run 128 steps would that change the PIDRNG frame?

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
oh hey lockie :) I've been using the adjacent seed thingy and i can find when I hit my timer0, so I guess its just the PIDRNG

when I run 128 steps would that change the PIDRNG frame?
No, that would advance the IV frame. Nothing you can do but just spam X the second you enter the game and pray. You're able to distinguish the pitches right?

Also, if you use adjacent seed finder to find you hit your timer0 you can match the results on the main window and advance to 1 before the shiny frame. lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)