5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

It's stationary.
How come it didn't get synconized then? :/ Why did I end up with a shiny 31/x/31/31/31/31 Uxie with bashful nature when the RNG reporter clearly say it supposed to be timid with a syncronizer. I have the RNG reporter set on stationary pokémon and I definetely had the syncronizer in the first slot :(

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
How come it didn't get synconized then? :/ Why did I end up with a shiny 31/x/31/31/31/31 Uxie with bashful nature when the RNG reporter clearly say it supposed to be timid with a syncronizer. I have the RNG reporter set on stationary pokémon and I definetely had the syncronizer in the first slot :(
Timer0 trolling exists, there's WNPC's everywhere and I believe adjacent shiny seeds. Try again, that's all you can do. Sometimes RNGReporter lists the seed as being one off for me (don't know what causes it).

Last edited:
If you have the shiny charm you probably hit one of the two frames before your target, it'll reroll the PID frame (up to) two times to find a shiny, but the sync work/fail doesn't change from the frame you were on.

If you have the shiny charm you probably hit one of the two frames before your target, it'll reroll the PID frame (up to) two times to find a shiny, but the sync work/fail doesn't change from the frame you were on.

173 - Sync
174 - no sync, lonely
175 - Shiny, Sync

I did battle Uxie after advancing to 173 (target is 175) cause I was just guessing how much the NPC would be able to move if I was very fast. I do have shiny charm, so basically I hit 174, but because of shiny charm I still got the shiny PID only it kept the non-sync of 174? Guess I stop at 174 next time I hit my seed, hope it works :) Thanks a lot!

Edit: Just to be sure I get this, if I would've hit 173 I would also get sync and shiny? :)

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
173 - Sync
174 - no sync, lonely
175 - Shiny, Sync

I did battle Uxie after advancing to 173 (target is 175) cause I was just guessing how much the NPC would be able to move if I was very fast. I do have shiny charm, so basically I hit 174, but because of shiny charm I still got the shiny PID only it kept the non-sync of 174? Guess I stop at 174 next time I hit my seed, hope it works :) Thanks a lot!

Edit: Just to be sure I get this, if I would've hit 173 I would also get sync and shiny? :)
Based on what Dark Ray said, yes I think your edit would be correct.

It's also possible that the reporter is telling you that it's a synch frame, and it's not. That's a known bug so that could be the case as well.

Based on what Dark Ray said, yes I think your edit would be correct.

It's also possible that the reporter is telling you that it's a synch frame, and it's not. That's a known bug so that could be the case as well.
I just got a timid shiny Uxie so luckily it wasn't that bug :) But very confusing, would've been better if I didn't have shiny charm cause then I would've just know right away that I was hitting the wrong frame :P

I'm looking to get started RNGing with my White version (fairly sure I still have the Musketeer trio and Thundurus to still catch)...a couple of questions:

1) Would Volcarona/Kyurem regenerate, or would I have to re-start my game to get them?
2) Does one need Internet/a Wi-fi connection on their DS to RNG? Just the MAC address?
3) I assume the original DS is "easier" because it is one second versus eight?

EDIT:

4) Are the catch rates still the same? If so, what's the best way to obtain a "catching" Smeargle?

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm looking to get started RNGing with my White version (fairly sure I still have the Musketeer trio and Thundurus to still catch)...a couple of questions:

1) Would Volcarona/Kyurem regenerate, or would I have to re-start my game to get them?
2) Does one need Internet/a Wi-fi connection on their DS to RNG? Just the MAC address?

EDIT:

4) Are the catch rates still the same? If so, what's the best way to obtain a "catching" Smeargle?
1- Yeah, they regenerate after defeating the E4.
2- No, only the MAC Adress is needed.
3- Yeah, it's much easier with the original one or the DS Lite.
4- What do you mean by "same catch rates"? I didn't understand that one.

Esmeya

EDIT:

No, they don't 'regenerate' if you've already caught them.
No, you don't need wi-fi/internet to RNG, just the MAC address.
"Easier" is relative, it's the same weather you start it one second sooner or eight seconds. DSLite is also a one second start time prior to the time you're trying to hit.

Yes, catch rates stay the same. You can transfer Smeargle from another game, if you have any.

Edit: Catching Smeargle refers to the moveset the Smeargle has, not the Smeargle's catch rate. False Swipe/Spore/Disable etc.

1- Yeah, they regenerate after defeating the E4.
2- No, only the MAC Adress is needed.
3- Yeah, it's much easier with the original one or the DS Lite.
4- What do you mean by "same catch rates"? I didn't understand that one.
No, they don't 'regenerate' if you've already caught them.
No, you don't need wi-fi/internet to RNG, just the MAC address.
"Easier" is relative, it's the same weather you start it one second sooner or eight seconds. DSLite is also a one second start time prior to the time you're trying to hit.

Yes, catch rates stay the same. You can transfer Smeargle from another game, if you have any.

Edit: Catching Smeargle refers to the moveset the Smeargle has, not the Smeargle's catch rate. False Swipe/Spore/Disable etc.
1. Yeah, caught them already. So if you faint them, they regen, but if you caught them, game restart?
2. Thanks, that means I'll definitely learn how to RNG (shady Wi-Fi access at school)
3. Cool.
4. Mkay, I have HG so I can do that. And yeah, I meant moveset. What pokemon learn Spore/False Swipe/etc?

Esmeya

1. Yeah, caught them already. So if you faint them, they regen, but if you caught them, game restart?
2. Thanks, that means I'll definitely learn how to RNG (shady Wi-Fi access at school)
3. Cool.
4. Mkay, I have HG so I can do that. And yeah, I meant moveset. What pokemon learn Spore/False Swipe/etc?
You can just sketch them off of whatever onto your Smeargle, Parasect is a good fogy for that though. They don't regenerate after capturing them already, so yeah, game restart.

Edit: I'm sorry Albus :c

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
3. Cool.
1. Yup, exactly that.
4. Shroomish, Breloom, Paras or Parasect.

Edit: Ninja'd by a milisecond by Esmeya. >_>

You can just sketch them off of whatever onto your Smeargle, Parasect is a good fogy for that though. They don't regenerate after capturing them already, so yeah, game restart.
1. Yup, exactly that.
4. Shroomish, Breloom, Paras or Parasect.

Edit: Ninja'd by a milisecond by Esmeya. >_>
Alright, thanks. I'll use my current save to practice before restarting. And I'll be sure to post here if I need help!

Hey guys,

I'm new to RNGing in BW and I want to start breeding/catching stuff for XY. I have been trying to RNG a TID/SID combination that gets me a good spread for mixed roamers, but whatever thing I do, I cannot hit the combination at all.

Before starting a new game, I went and looked for my DS parameters. Timer0 fluctuated between C7F and C80. These were the only Timer0's I was getting (I tested it 10 times I believe) and I got them 50/50. Because of that, I made two profiles with those Timer0's.

I searched for a 30/31/30/31/31/31 Roamer spread with the Timefinder, copied the seed and pasted it in the main window of the RNGReporter (in Seed). I set the method to Gen 5 PIDRNG, nature to Naive and frame to 650. I checked both the Wild and Roaming Encounter type, made a note of the frame (683), then inserted the seed in Pandora's Box and searched in the month August of this year. I tested both profiles (with the different Timer0's) and whatever I did, I would ALWAYS hit the wrong Timer0.

So, when I wanted to hit the C7F Timer0, I set my DS to what Pandora's Box said and RNGed. I would hit a semi random TID and with that, I could decude what seed I had hit with the Seed finder. I would almost always hit the correct timing, but the wrong Timer0. Is that just bad luck or is there something I'm not doing right?

Also, I did try to RNG myself a homemade TID/SID and that actually worked! But, when I still had the save, I would need 8 extra Advances (when Juniper asked if my name is '...') to hit the right TID. After deleting the save, I was able to hit the TID only by doing 3 less Advances then what Pandora's Box told me. Furthermore, this game was created using the C7F Timer0, but when I tried to RNG for a shiny starter, I couldn't get any shinies until I started looking for spreads with the C80 Timer0 (that worked fine).

As cool as a madeup TID/SID is, I prefer a good combination that allows me to catch shiny Roamers and whatnot.

Help! =(

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Hey guys,

I'm new to RNGing in BW and I want to start breeding/catching stuff for XY. I have been trying to RNG a TID/SID combination that gets me a good spread for mixed roamers, but whatever thing I do, I cannot hit the combination at all.

Before starting a new game, I went and looked for my DS parameters. Timer0 fluctuated between C7F and C80. These were the only Timer0's I was getting (I tested it 10 times I believe) and I got them 50/50. Because of that, I made two profiles with those Timer0's.

I searched for a 30/31/30/31/31/31 Roamer spread with the Timefinder, copied the seed and pasted it in the main window of the RNGReporter (in Seed). I set the method to Gen 5 PIDRNG, nature to Naive and frame to 650. I checked both the Wild and Roaming Encounter type, made a note of the frame (683), then inserted the seed in Pandora's Box and searched in the month August of this year. I tested both profiles (with the different Timer0's) and whatever I did, I would ALWAYS hit the wrong Timer0.

So, when I wanted to hit the C7F Timer0, I set my DS to what Pandora's Box said and RNGed. I would hit a semi random TID and with that, I could decude what seed I had hit with the Seed finder. I would almost always hit the correct timing, but the wrong Timer0. Is that just bad luck or is there something I'm not doing right?

Also, I did try to RNG myself a homemade TID/SID and that actually worked! But, when I still had the save, I would need 8 extra Advances (when Juniper asked if my name is '...') to hit the right TID. After deleting the save, I was able to hit the TID only by doing 3 less Advances then what Pandora's Box told me. Furthermore, this game was created using the C7F Timer0, but when I tried to RNG for a shiny starter, I couldn't get any shinies until I started looking for spreads with the C80 Timer0 (that worked fine).

As cool as a madeup TID/SID is, I prefer a good combination that allows me to catch shiny Roamers and whatnot.

Help! =(
Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do to control your Timer0. It is based on your timing, but at the end of the day, it just comes down to luck. If you're sure that you are just hitting the wrong Timer0 (and not just the wrong frame), then the only thing you can really do is keep trying. It trolls everyone so that doesn't mean you're doing something wrong.

I see. I don't use the EonTimer though, could that be a reason why? I think the internal clock of the DS is quite good. But alright, I guess I'll have to keep trucking. :P

Edit: the reason why I know I'm hitting the right timing, but the wrong Timer0 is because when I enter the ID in the Seed Finder, I don't get a hit with my current profile, but when I switch profiles (the other Timer0), I do get a hit on the exact time and keypresses. I must admit that sometimes I need to broaden the search for frames a lot further. That doesn't happen often luckily.

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
I see. I don't use the EonTimer though, could that be a reason why? I think the internal clock of the DS is quite good. But alright, I guess I'll have to keep trucking. :P

Edit: the reason why I know I'm hitting the right timing, but the wrong Timer0 is because when I enter the ID in the Seed Finder, I don't get a hit with my current profile, but when I switch profiles (the other Timer0), I do get a hit on the exact time and keypresses. I must admit that sometimes I need to broaden the search for frames a lot further. That doesn't happen often luckily.
There are so few Timer0's in BW that the timer is almost unnecessary. It couldn't hurt if you want to try to see if it helps though. Good luck!

Is it possible for anyone to get a VFrame that isn't 6 or a VCount that isn't 60?
I'm developing something and I want to minimize the amount of inputs needed by the user.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Is it possible for anyone to get a VFrame that isn't 6 or a VCount that isn't 60?
I'm developing something and I want to minimize the amount of inputs needed by the user.
I guess it's possible, probably if you'll use soft-reset to RNG, as what I've experimented 2 years ago.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Depending on the DS model and whether you are soft resetting (and assuming you're not limiting whatever you're doing to English games), I've seen:
VFrame: 6,8,9, A
VCount: too many to remember, but 5f, 60, 8c, 8d, AC, AD come mind

So, what happens if you think you hit your seed, but get a different encounter (encounter slot 7 instead 0...)? Like, I got myself a random physical flawless Woobat lol.

Stupid Timer0...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)