5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Oh, that's a good point. I had thought of it, but I was like: nah, why would that happen lol? Will try that right away!

Edit: yeah, I never realised, but they got deleted. Now to try and find my Pokémon. =)

Edit2: First try! Thanks bro. =D
Edit3: damn, accidently ran from the encounter. =/
Edit4: yay!

Last edited:
Going to try to RNG Dialga, just a few questions that I didn't pick up on my first readthrough of the doc.

What REALISTIC values should I put in for Frame and Delay min/man to RNG for a 5IV Modest in Diamond? Having not done it I don't know how much of a pain it will turn out to be.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Going to try to RNG Dialga, just a few questions that I didn't pick up on my first readthrough of the doc.

What REALISTIC values should I put in for Frame and Delay min/man to RNG for a 5IV Modest in Diamond? Having not done it I don't know how much of a pain it will turn out to be.
Just did a quick check:
Seed: 0x52140289 (this is hex).
Frame: (No sync) 93 [Stationary Encounter].
Modest, 31/31/31/31/31/31.

Searches don't take too long, so in the future it's probably easier to just run one, and see if it gives any "realistic" results. :)

Just did a quick check:
Seed: 0x52140289 (this is hex).
Frame: (No sync) 93 [Stationary Encounter].
Modest, 31/31/31/31/31/31.

Searches don't take too long, so in the future it's probably easier to just run one, and see if it gives any "realistic" results. :)
I know the searches don't take a long time, I was just worried about having too short/long of a delay or not being able to hit my frame. I was just looing for some same mins and maxes for those values, but that works too, thx.

Has anyone looked into the method of BW2 rng breeding outlined in this thread: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/past-gen-rng-research.61090/page-42#post-4975779?
I have tried working on this, but there are two problems:
  1. I can't speak Japanese, so I can't read all of the options
  2. When I did manage to get the seed, I did Chatot calls- over 20- and they all matched. Even then, when I went through the instructions, it still didn't get the right pokemon.
I am playing in white 2, and trying to breed a bagon with hydro pump and dragon pulse
Here is a video detailing the method (It is in Japanese):

(I have copied this from the "Most Gen PRNG")
Sorry for the bump, but I'm really curious about this. User Kadabrium seemed to know about it, but he has been inactive. This may sound crazy, but does anyone know of a japanese site where I can ask about this? Much appreciated

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
Sorry for the bump, but I'm really curious about this. User Kadabrium seemed to know about it, but he has been inactive. This may sound crazy, but does anyone know of a japanese site where I can ask about this? Much appreciated
I think I mentioned this on "Most Gen PRNG" but I'll repeat it here.

I've never breed abused on Black 2 / White 2, but if it's ANYTHING like other forms of RNG randomly advancing the chatters will do nothing. If you can match them; excellent, you hit your seed. You must advance to ONE BEFORE your target frame, randomly chattering and getting matches is good but you aren't exactly advancing to anything.

I think I mentioned this on "Most Gen PRNG" but I'll repeat it here.

I've never breed abused on Black 2 / White 2, but if it's ANYTHING like other forms of RNG randomly advancing the chatters will do nothing. If you can match them; excellent, you hit your seed. You must advance to ONE BEFORE your target frame, randomly chattering and getting matches is good but you aren't exactly advancing to anything.
I have done breeding rng, but this in unavailable in bw2 on rng reporter. I have found that in the japanese program, the chatot calls are generated- but it does not list a target frame.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I have done breeding rng, but this in unavailable in bw2 on rng reporter. I have found that in the japanese program, the chatot calls are generated- but it does not list a target frame.
Bond697's explanation from his Pastebin [the comments by "07+Mat" are his].
I'm afraid it was never really (or at least not as extensively as BW or readily available) looked into, since it's much harder than in BW and there's nothing you can breed in B2W2 which can't be bred in BW.

Not necessarily saying you shouldn't be asking for help, just to let you know there's a reason people aren't responding quickly; I'd be prepared for a long wait (even longer now since it's not relevant to current generation, so even less people researching it).

Last edited:
So after finishing my game with my 6 shiny Pokémon and catching some shiny Legi's and whatnot, I figured it's about time I'd get my shiny roamer. I'm beginning to think I can't hit it because the game skips the frame, but I'm not sure. I'll just show my numbers and work from there.

After doing advances of 0, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 and 60, I began to notice a pattern where 0, 20, 30, 50 advances seemed to match up quite well with the possible PID frame. With a bit of obvious calcing, I figured I needed to advance around 280-290 frames to get my shiny Roamer.

I'll list the amount of advances and the frame I probably hit. I stopped checking them all because there really weren't many options honestly. My shiny frame is 748.

280 -> 737
282 -> 739
283 -> 744
284? -> 744
285 -> 744
286 -> 750
287? -> 744
288 -> 744
289 -> 743
290 -> 751
291 -> 743
292 -> 750
293 -> 755

The ones with the ? are frames where I think I hit that specific frame but I am unsure because I might have messed up during my Chatot flipping. As far as I know, my mashing is pretty consistent. I don't remember getting a different spread on the same advances (I've done a couple a few times). Should I just try all of them again, until I get it or should I look for a different shiny spread?

Edit: I just checked 281 and seemed to hit frame 766, which is really odd. Guess I'll try again see if I get something else.
Edit 2: perhaps I should just search between frame 700 and 850 and list all possiblities. Maybe I'm just more off than I thought I was...

Last edited:

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
So after finishing my game with my 6 shiny Pokémon and catching some shiny Legi's and whatnot, I figured it's about time I'd get my shiny roamer. I'm beginning to think I can't hit it because the game skips the frame, but I'm not sure. I'll just show my numbers and work from there.

After doing advances of 0, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 and 60, I began to notice a pattern where 0, 20, 30, 50 advances seemed to match up quite well with the possible PID frame. With a bit of obvious calcing, I figured I needed to advance around 280-290 frames to get my shiny Roamer.

I'll list the amount of advances and the frame I probably hit. I stopped checking them all because there really weren't many options honestly. My shiny frame is 748.

280 -> 737
282 -> 739
283 -> 744
284? -> 744
285 -> 744
286 -> 750
287? -> 744
288 -> 744
289 -> 743
290 -> 751
291 -> 743
292 -> 750
293 -> 755

The ones with the ? are frames where I think I hit that specific frame but I am unsure because I might have messed up during my Chatot flipping. As far as I know, my mashing is pretty consistent. I don't remember getting a different spread on the same advances (I've done a couple a few times). Should I just try all of them again, until I get it or should I look for a different shiny spread?

Edit: I just checked 281 and seemed to hit frame 766, which is really odd. Guess I'll try again see if I get something else.
Edit 2: perhaps I should just search between frame 700 and 850 and list all possiblities. Maybe I'm just more off than I thought I was...
I'd keep trying to hit your seed after 289 advances until you get it.

So I'm trying to RNG stockpiled Entralink mons, but when I search for a seed it says it's an invalid seed. I set my White parameters with the right Mac address, etc. My min is 2500 and max 8000 delay, I put Cgear Seed IV's and Stationary in their tabs and set 31/31/31/X/31/31 IVs. After the super fast search, only one seed appeared, but the seed is apparently invalid. Any tips to get more results? Any help is appreciated. I'm using a DSi.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
So I'm trying to RNG stockpiled Entralink mons, but when I search for a seed it says it's an invalid seed. I set my White parameters with the right Mac address, etc. My min is 2500 and max 8000 delay, I put Cgear Seed IV's and Stationary in their tabs and set 31/31/31/X/31/31 IVs. After the super fast search, only one seed appeared, but the seed is apparently invalid. Any tips to get more results? Any help is appreciated. I'm using a DSi.
I haven't experienced it myself, so I'm not 100% sure, but it seems like that's a known bug that doesn't really mean anything. I think you can just ignore it. If you manually open the Seed to Time tool and paste the seed into it, you get the exact same results as when you just ignore the error after right clicking on the seed and "generating more times." Unless of course there is some reason why the seed is invalid, but based on the fact this is listed as a bug (and I've read online that it's meaningless), I don't think that's the case.

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
the only other game I have to rng in is Pearl. But beldum swarms are in a sandstorm area. Is weather a problem in DP as well?
The sandstorm in DP affects the Coin Flips and makes you unable to use Sweet Scent, so the only problems would be knowing your seed (if you can't tell apart Chatot cries ofc) and if you can see the right patches with the Poké Radar.

Edit: Or you can do what Nel said, however, Shaking Spots RNG in B2W2 is a bit more painful to do, but both RNGing process for Beldum/Metang/gross are equally hard imo.

Last edited:
the only other game I have to rng in is Pearl. But beldum swarms are in a sandstorm area. Is weather a problem in DP as well?
Hi! I had the same problem as you in B2W2. Instead of catching metang, I did shaking spots RNG and caught a metagross instead. It's quite easy in the Giant Chasm because IIRC there are no moving NPC's. Just an option if you don't want to go through the trouble of gen 4 RNG. Just remember each step in the wild grass advances your frame by 1 I think.

Bond697's explanation from his Pastebin [the comments by "07+Mat" are his].
I'm afraid it was never really (or at least not as extensively as BW or readily available) looked into, since it's much harder than in BW and there's nothing you can breed in B2W2 which can't be bred in BW.

Not necessarily saying you shouldn't be asking for help, just to let you know there's a reason people aren't responding quickly; I'd be prepared for a long wait (even longer now since it's not relevant to current generation, so even less people researching it).
Thanks! I restarted my white to rng tid and sid- then I realized that the wireless was closed, so I couldn't transfer a chatot. SIgh...

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Thanks! I restarted my white to rng tid and sid- then I realized that the wireless was closed, so I couldn't transfer a chatot. SIgh...
Local wireless still works fine, just not Wifi; if you have access to two DS/3DS's and a DPPt game, you can catch and transfer Chatots with ease.

I'm trying to RNG for a HP Ice Thundurus in my pokemon white game. I'm looking at the roamer pprng guide here on smogon, but there is something I'm kind of confused about. When are the roamers IVs/Nature determined?

I'm confused. In RNG Reporter there is a "generate natures" option for C-gear seeds. I thought only PPRNG Nature abuse for Macs worked with it. Is there a way to use those with Eon Timer and RNG Reporter? I was pretty lucky in correct natures in 2 Entralink RNG's, but this 3rd one is hell to pinpoint a nature. I tried copying the C-gear seed and using the Gen 5 PID RNG, but nothing seems to line up.

Local wireless still works fine, just not Wifi; if you have access to two DS/3DS's and a DPPt game, you can catch and transfer Chatots with ease.
Oh yeah... forgot. I just need to find another ds, and I should be fine. I'll try to get one soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)