5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Just for clarity, in B2W2 you can calibrate using the Spinner directly (there's no need to progress to a point in the game where you can catch higher level Pokémon). That said, I have no idea of the ease with which that can be achieved using RNGReporter, however if you have a friend with PPRNG (or at least a mac) then you can use that to calibrate.
What did I do wrong if I successfully verified my seed, but the poke I receive doesn't have the nature or IVs I specified....? @_@;

You most likely hit the wrong frame. What did you do exactly?
I tried again.

I clicked "A" to select the cart 1 second prior to my target time. Couldn't verify. I tried several times more, sometimes hitting "A" as the clock hit the second before my target and sometimes hitting "A" directly after the clock hit the second before my target. Nothing worked :(

Am I supposed to click "A" at a different moment? Should I instead click "A" as the clock hits my target time, or directly after...? I know I have the date and time of my seed correct, and I'm pretty sure my system is correctly calibrated....

Just for clarity, in B2W2 you can calibrate using the Spinner directly (there's no need to progress to a point in the game where you can catch higher level Pokémon). That said, I have no idea of the ease with which that can be achieved using RNGReporter, however if you have a friend with PPRNG (or at least a mac) then you can use that to calibrate.
Thanks for the tip! I see that there's a unova link calibrator thingie in RNG reporter, but I'm not sure how to use it...presumably I can use it to figure out my cart+system combo parameters, but it asks that I input vcount, timer0, etc....how can I figure that out before I've calibrated the game? This is what I tried to do with my White2 cart (new-ish game, only played a few hours):

Selected the cart, noting the precise time I clicked "A." found and noted my MAC address. Went to the key system, clicked "yes" and noted starting position of spinner, immediately canceling out after. I did this a total of 8 times.

In the unova link parameter window, I put in the version, language, DS type, ds mac address, date, hour minute second, and clicked the sequence of arrows I noted before (the vcount, timer, gxstat, and vframe were pre-filled out for some reason). When I clicked search, it came up with no results.

I tried again, but cleared the vcount, timer, gxstat, and vframe. The program gave me an error when I clicked search.

From this information, can anyone tell me what I did wrong?

EDIT: Tried 3 more times. one time it came up with one result, one time with no results, and one time with two results (different from the first single result).

Last edited:

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Like the DS parameter searcher window, the Unova Link (UL) Calibration window searchers for your parameters, based on the ranges specified in the fields (think of it as choosing a month/year to search for seeds. The reporter only looks in the places you specify. If your parameters aren't within the ranges, you won't get any results.). The fields have default values that they search over and are pre-filled. If you're not getting any results, you can try to widen the search fields (although defaults are usually fine).

In the unova link parameter window, I put in the version, language, DS type, ds mac address, date, hour minute second, and clicked the sequence of arrows I noted before (the vcount, timer, gxstat, and vframe were pre-filled out for some reason)
This is the correct information you need to provide. Also whether you have used memory link. If you are still unsure, you could still follow the guide that Timey linked you to before for Dream Radar RNGs to check. To use the example in the guide, if you find that your spinners match frames 51,53,55,57, etc, then you've used the memory link. If they match the circled frames in the guide, then you haven't.

With all that being said, the UL calibration is a bit...unstable in the RNG Reporter. Sometimes you get results, sometimes you don't. People have had success with it, but a large number have not as well. Basically, it's use at your own discretion, but personally I don't bother with it.

Timing:
From your previous post, I gather that your calibration told you that you have a delay of 1 second. So, say your seed has a date of 9/14/15 and a time of 16:00:30. The time you want to push A from the DS menu to boot the game is 16:00:29. In other words, you subtract your delay from your seed's time, and that's the time you want to push A to boot the game. Now, your Timer0 is due in part to the exact timing you push A. Ideally, you would want to push A in the same way you did during calibration. So if you pushed A as soon as your time rolled around during calibration, do that when you push A at your target time (16:00:29). If you waited half a second during calibration, try to do that here. There's no sure-fired way to control your Timer0, but that will give you the best chance to get your most common one.

BW2 is notorious for Timer0 trolling. It will probably be wrong a lot. The only thing you can do is keep trying. If you keep getting the wrong parameter, try adjusting the time you push A at your target time...as you were doing. If you are still having trouble, you can think of using an external timer or--as a last resort--re-calibrating. Finding a different seed also seems to help, so don't rule that out.

The fact that the spinners don't match what the Researcher says can be an indicator that you hit the wrong Timer0 since you would miss your seed.

Steps for hitting your seed:

So here's what I suggest, using the Timing example. Your actual date/times may vary
1) Set your DS to the correct date (9/14/15).
2) Set your time reasonably early so that you can reset your DS and push A at your target time. Here, I'd set my DS time to 15:59.
3) Hard reset your DS (i.e. power it on/off).
4) Push A at your target time, approximating as closely as possible your method during calibration. Here, 16:00:29 is the target time. This is the time to hold any keypresses if you have them.
5) Wait for the shooting star, and then release your keypresses/push A to get to the game menu.
6) Go into the Unova Link menu/Key system.
7) Check the spinner locations (making sure not to back out of the Unova Link menu in the process), and compare them to the Researcher window.
8a) If the spinners match, continue to advance the frame, and receive your Pokemon when ready.
8b) If the spinners are wrong, go to step 1.

And just to confirm you have everything set up correctly, could you post a screenshot of the windows? It's probably fine, but ruling out improper setup never hurts :P Also, what DS are you using?

sorry for the wall of text

Like the DS parameter searcher window, the Unova Link (UL) Calibration window searchers for your parameters, based on the ranges specified in the fields (think of it as choosing a month/year to search for seeds. The reporter only looks in the places you specify. If your parameters aren't within the ranges, you won't get any results.). The fields have default values that they search over and are pre-filled. If you're not getting any results, you can try to widen the search fields (although defaults are usually fine).

This is the correct information you need to provide. Also whether you have used memory link. If you are still unsure, you could still follow the guide that Timey linked you to before for Dream Radar RNGs to check. To use the example in the guide, if you find that your spinners match frames 51,53,55,57, etc, then you've used the memory link. If they match the circled frames in the guide, then you haven't.

With all that being said, the UL calibration is a bit...unstable in the RNG Reporter. Sometimes you get results, sometimes you don't. People have had success with it, but a large number have not as well. Basically, it's use at your own discretion, but personally I don't bother with it.

Timing:
From your previous post, I gather that your calibration told you that you have a delay of 1 second. So, say your seed has a date of 9/14/15 and a time of 16:00:30. The time you want to push A from the DS menu to boot the game is 16:00:29. In other words, you subtract your delay from your seed's time, and that's the time you want to push A to boot the game. Now, your Timer0 is due in part to the exact timing you push A. Ideally, you would want to push A in the same way you did during calibration. So if you pushed A as soon as your time rolled around during calibration, do that when you push A at your target time (16:00:29). If you waited half a second during calibration, try to do that here. There's no sure-fired way to control your Timer0, but that will give you the best chance to get your most common one.

BW2 is notorious for Timer0 trolling. It will probably be wrong a lot. The only thing you can do is keep trying. If you keep getting the wrong parameter, try adjusting the time you push A at your target time...as you were doing. If you are still having trouble, you can think of using an external timer or--as a last resort--re-calibrating. Finding a different seed also seems to help, so don't rule that out.

The fact that the spinners don't match what the Researcher says can be an indicator that you hit the wrong Timer0 since you would miss your seed.

Steps for hitting your seed:

So here's what I suggest, using the Timing example. Your actual date/times may vary
1) Set your DS to the correct date (9/14/15).
2) Set your time reasonably early so that you can reset your DS and push A at your target time. Here, I'd set my DS time to 15:59.
3) Hard reset your DS (i.e. power it on/off).
4) Push A at your target time, approximating as closely as possible your method during calibration. Here, 16:00:29 is the target time. This is the time to hold any keypresses if you have them.
5) Wait for the shooting star, and then release your keypresses/push A to get to the game menu.
6) Go into the Unova Link menu/Key system.
7) Check the spinner locations (making sure not to back out of the Unova Link menu in the process), and compare them to the Researcher window.
8a) If the spinners match, continue to advance the frame, and receive your Pokemon when ready.
8b) If the spinners are wrong, go to step 1.

And just to confirm you have everything set up correctly, could you post a screenshot of the windows? It's probably fine, but ruling out improper setup never hurts :P Also, what DS are you using?

sorry for the wall of text
THANK YOU for the wall of text! :D

I can't take screenshots until I get home, but until then, I have a few questions:

If the Unova Link section of RNG Reporter isn't reliable, do you know of a reliable way to find my game's parameters if I'm early on in the game? The wild pokes are level 14 at most, meaning the IV calcs will be extremely iffy =/ But I'm a bit scared if I can only reliably calibrate when I'm 50+ hours into the save game....because if I go to RNG the genies, and fail, then I have to start that game all over....

I did the one second delay only due to the Nugget Bridge guide, but now I see what you mean re: the importance of hitting the seed *in the same way* I hit it during calibration. More on that, though....If I click *exactly* on, say the 30 second mark, vs clicking immediately upon seeing the clock hit the 30 second mark, do I put down "30" in the seconds window for both? Is the target time the time you press A or the time the game actually loads....wait, is the difference between the two the delay you're talking about? So my listed target time is, say, 30 seconds, I press A precisely when the second hand hits 29, and as the game loads, the second hand hits 30?

Say I put my target time as 30 past the minute. I then hit the A button *exactly* as the second hand hits that mark, but it takes a second for the game to load. Did I do it correctly, or should my target time (that I put in RNG Reporter) be 31 seconds, taking into account that delay?

Re: the spinner and advancing the frame - is this ONLY to verify the seed? Do I just advance the frames enough so that I know I've hit the seed, or does advancing the frames actually affect the seed I get?

I just saw in the key menu in my near-complete B2 game that there's a key listed on the bottom screen, while none is listed on the same screen in my newish W2 game - this must mean that I've used the memory link in B2, right?

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
THANK YOU for the wall of text! :D
You're welcome! We'll figure it out :)

I can't take screenshots until I get home, but until then, I have a few questions:

If the Unova Link section of RNG Reporter isn't reliable, do you know of a reliable way to find my game's parameters if I'm early on in the game? The wild pokes are level 14 at most, meaning the IV calcs will be extremely iffy =/ But I'm a bit scared if I can only reliably calibrate when I'm 50+ hours into the save game....because if I go to RNG the genies, and fail, then I have to start that game all over....

The fact that you're getting any results out of the UL calibration tool is promising. Do the results make sense at all? For example, do the actual seconds seem reasonable and do the other parameters resemble those of your B2 cart? I know that's a bit vague/hard to answer, but if you post a few results we may be able to help out decide. Ruling out the UL tool, you have to either level up your Pokemon somehow, or import them and check their IVs in gen VI...neither is ideal. If you can level up the Pokemon in B2 by trading them over that could work, or you could battle yourself to autolevel them up to 50 to check their stats.

I did the one second delay only due to the Nugget Bridge guide, but now I see what you mean re: the importance of hitting the seed *in the same way* I hit it during calibration. More on that, though....If I click *exactly* on, say the 30 second mark, vs clicking immediately upon seeing the clock hit the 30 second mark, do I put down "30" in the seconds window for both? Is the target time the time you press A or the time the game actually loads....wait, is the difference between the two the delay you're talking about? So my listed target time is, say, 30 seconds, I press A precisely when the second hand hits 29, and as the game loads, the second hand hits 30?

I'd wouldn't go by the guide's delay, because it varies with the DS. Although if you have a DS Lite for example, it's very common for it to be 1 second. You should find your own delay by calibrating.

I'm a a little confused by the 30 seconds part, but does your DS have an internal clock with a second hand? If so, just go by what time that says. If not, then try to synch your DS and an external clock as closely as possible. The time you enter is the time you push A to boot the game. The time it says once it's fades to load the game doesn't matter.

The delay is the difference in time between when you push A, and the time the game is seeded. When you search for a seed and it tells you the associated time, that's the time you want your game to seed. So if you have a delay of 1 second, you have to push A 1 second before your seed's time. That equates to pushing A to boot the game 1 second before your seed's time. If you pushed A at the exact time required for your seed, you wouldn't hit it...because it takes 1 second for your game to seed.

Say I put my target time as 30 past the minute. I then hit the A button *exactly* as the second hand hits that mark, but it takes a second for the game to load. Did I do it correctly, or should my target time (that I put in RNG Reporter) be 31 seconds, taking into account that delay?

Essentially addressed above, but you do not take into account the delay when entering times. The time you push A is the time you enter.

Re: the spinner and advancing the frame - is this ONLY to verify the seed? Do I just advance the frames enough so that I know I've hit the seed, or does advancing the frames actually affect the seed I get?

Advancing the frame doesn't affect the seed. When you RNG the Dream Radar, the Pokemon you want is on a certain frame. Once you try to hit a seed, you verify if you hit your seed using the spinners. If your Pokemon lies on a high frame though, you might have to keep checking the spinners to advance the frame to your desired one. So the spinner essentially allows you to check your seed, and to advance the frame to your target Pokemon.

I just saw in the key menu in my near-complete B2 game that there's a key listed on the bottom screen, while none is listed on the same screen in my newish W2 game - this must mean that I've used the memory link in B2, right?

The key system is different from the memory link. You unlock keys as you progress through the game, regardless of whether you've used memory link. The easiest way to check would be to just try to use the memory link. There's no downside of using it. If you have N's Pokemon then you've used it as well, that's another check you can do.
Responses in bold

Last edited:
Responses in bold
I calibrated my White 2 cart. Caught a poke using sweet scent, noting precise time the game loaded. Repeated 3 times, for 4 total pokes. Transferred the pokes to AS, used battle trst to get their level 50 stats, and plugged everything in to rng reporter. Timer0 was the same 3/4 times, so I went with that. Actual seconds was 21 each time (I had hit the A button to liad the game each time as the second hand on the DS clock hit 20 seconds past the minute).

I carried on from there, and used the formula found in the imgr guide to calculate my target nature frame and advancements needed. Set my DS calander/clock to the right date/time, and hit the target time in the same way i did during calibration.

But my key system spinner positions didnt match what rng reporter saud i should be getting.

So I figured maybe my system has a 1 second delay. I tried again, hitting the second right before the target second. Still no match :(

(I took a few screenshots, but I'm on my ipad and I'm not sure how to upload the to show you guys?).

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
Ok good! Glad you found a workable solution. The fact that you pressed A at exactly 20 seconds, but got 21 as an Actual Seconds (i.e. the game seeded at 21 seconds past the minute) means that you do have a 1 second delay. Not surprising given the DS model you're using, but good to verify nonetheless.

If by "target seconds" you mean the time the Time Finder gives you for the seed, then your second approach of starting 1 second earlier was correct.

You were probably Timer0 trolled. It's a good idea to calibrate some more since BW2 can fluctuate often between multiple values. Although it's time consuming now, verifying your most common Timer0 now with more data points will save you a lot of trouble down the road.

Copying the pictures directly from paint/word (or a similar program) and pasting them into your post usually works. Or you could use a file-sharing website (like imgr) and post the link.

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
Your setup looks right. If you haven't used the memory link then you should match the spinners 53,55,57,59,... If you have used it, then you'd actually match 52,54,56,...I'd keep an eye on both if you are still unsure whether you've used memory link.

Given your seed, you want to push A to boot the game from the DS menu at 22:30:54.

This is optional, but since you know what your parameters are (or at least what to expect) you can check the spinners you actually get in the UL calibration window to see what seed/Timer0 you hit. It would be a lot easier now to rule out false positives since you know what your parameters are. If you try this, I'd leave the min/max Vcount, Timer0, etc as ranges. Either way, I'd still assume that wrong spinners = wrong Timer0, so you just have to keep trying.

Your setup looks right. If you haven't used the memory link then you should match the spinners 53,55,57,59,... If you have used it, then you'd actually match 52,54,56,...I'd keep an eye on both if you are still unsure whether you've used memory link.

Given your seed, you want to push A to boot the game from the DS menu at 22:30:54.

This is optional, but since you know what your parameters are (or at least what to expect) you can check the spinners you actually get in the UL calibration window to see what seed/Timer0 you hit. It would be a lot easier now to rule out false positives since you know what your parameters are. If you try this, I'd leave the min/max Vcount, Timer0, etc as ranges. Either way, I'd still assume that wrong spinners = wrong Timer0, so you just have to keep trying.
I caught 6 more pokes for calibration purposes.

In total, the timer0s I got (including the ones from before): 5x 10F5, 1x 10F4, 2x 10F3, 2x 10F7

I tried using the Unova Link in RNG Reporter to pinpoint my Timer0 - it gave me 10F4

Went through the process with that as my Timer0. Couldn't verify my seed. Tried again. Couldn't verify the seed again, and the sequence was different then the previous time!

I'm at my wits' end ;____;

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
Based on that 10F5 does seems to be your most common Timer0, so I'd stick with that one when looking for your seeds (as you did in your screenshots). The problem with 10F4 is that you only hit that one 10% of the time, so the fact that you couldn't verify your seed when you used that one is expected. I'd ignore that one and only try to hit 10F5.

The sequence being different indicates that you hit a different seed, most likely because you are getting a different Timer0. Most of the time, it takes quite a few tries to hit your seed in BW2. I'd try at least 10-15 times for a given seed. You really don't need the Unova Link tool, so I wouldn't mess with it anymore (despite what I said before).

Have you been using the same seed all this time? If so, you might want to try a different seed. And you're not pressing any buttons before the shooting star right?

Don't give up! You've made quite a bit of progress even though you haven't gotten the Pokemon yet.

Based on that 10F5 does seems to be your most common Timer0, so I'd stick with that one when looking for your seeds (as you did in your screenshots). The problem with 10F4 is that you only hit that one 10% of the time, so the fact that you couldn't verify your seed when you used that one is expected. I'd ignore that one and only try to hit 10F5.

The sequence being different indicates that you hit a different seed, most likely because you are getting a different Timer0. Most of the time, it takes quite a few tries to hit your seed in BW2. I'd try at least 10-15 times for a given seed. You really don't need the Unova Link tool, so I wouldn't mess with it anymore (despite what I said before).

Have you been using the same seed all this time? If so, you might want to try a different seed. And you're not pressing any buttons before the shooting star right?

Don't give up! You've made quite a bit of progress even though you haven't gotten the Pokemon yet.
I've been trying different seeds. I'll pick a seed and give it a bunch of tries, though :) i'm a bit worried now, though, about the difficulty of HGSS RNGing...x_x

Btw, do I *have to* advance the calculated number of frames when verifying my seed?

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
I've been trying different seeds. I'll pick a seed and give it a bunch of tries, though :) i'm a bit worried now, though, about the difficulty of HGSS RNGing...x_x

Btw, do I *have to* advance the calculated number of frames when verifying my seed?
Oh ok. There's a balance between giving a seed a fair chance (given how much the Timer0 can change) and trying a new one if it just isn't working. 10-15 tries per seed is the minimum I would do (and personally I would do much more than that XD). Well, one thing at a time. :)

No, you don't. Usually 3-4 checks is enough to verify the seed. I wouldn't do any fewer than 3 though.

Oh ok. There's a balance between giving a seed a fair chance (given how much the Timer0 can change) and trying a new one if it just isn't working. 10-15 tries per seed is the minimum I would do (and personally I would do much more than that XD). Well, one thing at a time. :)

No, you don't. Usually 3-4 checks is enough to verify the seed. I wouldn't do any fewer than 3 though.
Alright, here's an example of what I'm doing:

I've calibrated my White 2 cart/original DS like so: booted game, noted precise time, used sweet scent, caught a poke, saved. Repeated until I had 10 pokes. Transferred to AS and used battle test to set them at level 50 and get their IVs. My results were mixed, but I got a timer0 of 10F5 half the time, so I went with that.

Here are photos of me finding a seed:

So my target date time were: 3/3/15 at 21:07:17 and my spinner should have read Left, Upper-Left, Down, Up.

My calibration showed a 1 second delay (if I hit, say, 20 seconds, the results showed actual seconds as 21), so I tried hitting :16 seconds instead of :17. But the spinner gave me Left, Upper-Right, Lower-Right, Left.

I tried again, this time hitting the button on :17. Got a different, but not the correct, sequence. Tried again with hitting :16; same results as when I hit :16 before.

Also, I'm careful not to hit any buttons as the game loads.

Can you tell from this info what I'm doing wrong? ;-; I'm sorry I'm posting so much DX You guys have been so awesome, but I'm not understanding why I can't get this down!

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
So my target date time were: 3/3/15 at 21:07:17 and my spinner should have read Left, Upper-Left, Down, Up.

My calibration showed a 1 second delay (if I hit, say, 20 seconds, the results showed actual seconds as 21), so I tried hitting :16 seconds instead of :17. But the spinner gave me Left, Upper-Right, Lower-Right, Left.

I tried again, this time hitting the button on :17. Got a different, but not the correct, sequence. Tried again with hitting :16; same results as when I hit :16 before.
Your picture didn't show up, but it should be fine assuming you have the same setup as before. I wouldn't waste your time trying to push A at your seed's time though (i.e. :17)...you'll never hit it that way and the spinners will always be wrong. Your method of hitting A at :16 was correct.

Would you mind posting your seed? I can generate everything else given what you've already posted.

Given the info, I'd say you got the wrong Timer0 on the 2 attempts you made while pushing A at :16. Except for maybe setting your DS to the wrong date/time or wrong Reporter setup (which was verified to be fine before), I can't see anything you're doing wrong from what you posted.

edit: Running a search in the UL Calibration tool, it seems like you hit Timer0 10F3 on your two :16 attempts. Based on that, I'd keep trying to hit your seed at :16. You'll hit it eventually.

Last edited:
Your picture didn't show up, but it should be fine assuming you have the same setup as before. I wouldn't waste your time trying to push A at your seed's time though (i.e. :17)...you'll never hit it that way and the spinners will always be wrong. Your method of hitting A at :16 was correct.

Would you mind posting your seed? I can generate everything else given what you've already posted.

Given the info, I'd say you got the wrong Timer0 on the 2 attempts you made while pushing A at :16. Except for maybe setting your DS to the wrong date/time or wrong Reporter setup (which was verified to be fine before), I can't see anything you're doing wrong from what you posted.

edit: Running a search in the UL Calibration tool, it seems like you hit Timer0 10F3 on your two :16 attempts. Based on that, I'd keep trying to hit your seed at :16. You'll hit it eventually.
Tried again, verified my seed (YAY!!!) but when I checked the poke, it turns out it was the wrong seed ='( I was aiming for 31/31/31/X/31/31 and Jolly. Here's my seed:

27ADE95220EFC796

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
Tried again, verified my seed (YAY!!!) but when I checked the poke, it turns out it was the wrong seed ='( I was aiming for 31/31/31/X/31/31 and Jolly. Here's my seed:

27ADE95220EFC796
That's good!

What were you trying to RNG (i.e. the Pokemon and which slot it was in) and what results did you get (i.e. the IVs and nature)? Also, how many spinner checks did you do? If you got the right spinners but not the right nature/IVs then you hit the right seed, but hit the wrong frame.

edit: Glad you got it ^_^ Congrats!

Last edited:
That's good!

What were you trying to RNG (i.e. the Pokemon and which slot it was in) and what results did you get (i.e. the IVs and nature)? Also, how many spinner checks did you do? If you got the right spinners but not the right nature/IVs then you hit the right seed, but hit the wrong frame.

WAIT.

I WAS LOOKING AT THE WRONG SIGILYPH.

I just checked and YES!!!! The right nature/IV spread!!

I DID IT :D

Omg I hope I can replicate these results XD

Thank you SO SO SO SO SO SO MUCH ;_________;

One more quick Q ^^;;; once I've successfully hit a seed and transferred the pokes to the game, can I re-use that seed? I tried again (wanted a Jolly riolu) and hit the seed but got different results (which scares me a bit b/c of the genies....).

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
One more quick Q ^^;;; once I've successfully hit a seed and transferred the pokes to the game, can I re-use that seed? I tried again (wanted a Jolly riolu) and hit the seed but got different results (which scares me a bit b/c of the genies....).
You can reuse the seed as many times as you like.

How were the results different? Did you get the right IVs/nature but a male this time? If not, was the Riolu in the same slot as the Sigilyph you just rng'd?

You can reuse the seed as many times as you like.

How were the results different? Did you get the right IVs/nature but a male this time? If not, was the Riolu in the same slot as the Sigilyph you just rng'd?
Wrong IVs and wrong nature. Yeap, the Riolu was in the first slot....

I'm going to try again, maybe that was a fluke or something...

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
Wrong IVs and wrong nature. Yeap, the Riolu was in the first slot....

I'm going to try again, maybe that was a fluke or something...
The gender ratio of the target shouldn't change anything (assuming it still has a gender), so the results shouldn't have been any different (except that it might be male). Are you positive you hit the correct seed and did 4 advances? If so, what IVs/nature did you get?

The gender ratio of the target shouldn't change anything (assuming it still has a gender), so the results shouldn't have been any different (except that it might be male). Are you positive you hit the correct seed and did 4 advances? If so, what IVs/nature did you get?
Tried again - still no :( This time I tried with a drifloon. Both times I got "average" stats. I forget the natures I got, sorry >.<;;; EDIT: It was Rash, but I also got a Jolly, so I IV checked the Jolly one, and it only had 1 31 IV. EDIT: Checked the Rash one - it has 2 31 IVs.

I didn't put in any gender ratio information in the RNG Reporter (aside from that it has a gender) - shouldn't I then get the same results with a 50/50 ratio as with a 87.5/12.5 ratio?

I advanced 6 times the last try - would that have affected the outcome?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)