5th Gen Uber Analysis Index (Reservations go here as well) Read Post#257

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'd like to reserve V-Create Rayquaza for when it is released
When it's released and you find a set you want to post (or if it's so game changing then maybe revamp the analysis), post then but I'm not doing long-standing reservations.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
k, so since every Uber Pokemon now has an analysis and it seems we're now shifting more towards updates and individual sets, I have included an index for those in the OP. The Old Index of Individual Pokemon analyses can be found in the second post of this thread. If people still want to do analyses for Pokemon without an Uber analysis those will be listed there, but the first post will be reserved for updates/sets. (also barry4ever is a scrub)

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
[dex="venusaur"]Venusaur[/dex] needs an update. It mentions SubToxic Ferrothorn .__________.

Also you (BAN ME PLEASE)s start posting here, I can't keep double posting#^@$*

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So, rather than doing the revamps in this haphazard manner, Shrang and me compiled a list of analyses which need improvements and updates. I decided not to include the Arceus analyses since they were recently updated by AF QC. The more important ones have been marked (important). Revamp / Update means the particular analyses just need to updated. A rewrite means the entire set / analysis has to be rewritten. Review means that those particular sets / Pokemon need to be tried out and seen if they are still viable in the current metagame.

1)shedinja (update)
2)venusaur (update)
3)manaphy (cm set rewrite, reorder)
4)Dialga - mixed dialga, support diagla revamp, concise (important)
5)Ferrothorn - teammates need to be added
6)garchomp - teammates to be added, merge sd and subsd
7)gliscor - teammate mentions
8)Heracross - Review
9)Kyogre- Review ChestoRest, Merge SubCm and CM + 3 Atk (important)
10)Lucario - Review
11)Mew - Review Lead set
12)mewtwo - rewrite bulky attacker and psycho killer, possibly reduce slash-itis (important)
13)Palkia - rewrite specially based mixed, check move slashes
14)Qwilfish - Retest support
17)Skarmory - revamp (important)
18)Terrakion - Scarf set doesnt even mention EK Arceus -.- mentions Tyranitar over Darkrai to deal with Giratina and Lugia, Double Dancer set isnt well written doesnt mention when to use which boosting move, Checks and Counters is terrible, (important)

Other QC members please weigh in on this and add other stuff which needs to revamped / rewritten.

EDIT: I'm going to be doing Terrakion.

Furai

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Besides Venusaur, I'll gladly take on Manaphy, Kyogre, Skarmory, and Mewtwo. I'd take much more but that seems enough for now. Don't expect me to get them all done in a week lol.

btw you have Shedinja listed twice.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
Yeah, Furai let shrang take at least one from you. I'm a little iffy about the remaining 4 at once too but I trust you furry.

Shedinja always dies to Iron Barbs Ferrothorn when Shadow Sneak or X-Scissors is used so that must be mentioned, considering Ferrothorn is so common.

Venusaur sort of went extinct. Absorbing Toxic Spikes is its main advantage over other sweepers. The Mixed Growth set looks iffy to me. Sleep Powder is like Venusaur's most important move as it gives Venusaur a chance to set up. Setting up on Ferrothorn is always nice.

Dialga - Mixed Dialga should still use Max Attack / SpA to take out Chansey. Otherwise, it is not performing its niche which is element of surprise. Functions best with Trick Room. Max HP Dialga should just use max SpA and four Special Attacking moves or Stealth Rock with 3 attacks. Something like Thunder, Fire Blast, Draco Meteor and Stealth Rock/Aura Sphere.

Ferrothorn - Besides teammates, drop Gyro Ball to AC and move Power Whip as the main move. Hitting the weather Ubers is that important, has more PP and does more damage to things like Palkia and Blissey. Drop Stealth Rock and put it in AC, Spikes is the main reason to use Ferrothorn. Leech Seed should be a main move, as Ferro needs it for recovery and annoyance. Also why not just max out SpD, it maximizes you chances to live through Fire Blast in the rain from Specs Dialga? Attack EVs hardly helps anyway and
Sub Dark Arceus is outclassed by Refresh.

Heracross - Heracross is still the best Darkrai counter in existence. If Gastrodon is approved, then why not this bug? Unlike Gastrodon, Heracross has STAB Megahorn which is an 85% OHKO on all Mewtwo variants. Sleep Talk + Guts is very useful. Close Combat OHKOes most Steel-types such as Ferrothorn and it isn't weak to Power Whip or Focus Blast, unlike Terrakion.

Kyogre- I will put Max SpA and HP for this set. Chesto Berry means Kyogre should attempt to sweep as fast as possible. Extra physical bulk doesn't really help much here. More bulk means you should just use the mono attacker.

Lucario - I believe Jibaku agreed Lucario shoud be dropped. It doesn't do much. Terrakion outclasses it in sweeping. It's ExtremeSpeed isn't very strong either and it depends too much on hazards to sweep well. With V-Create Rayquaza and Arceus on the rise, I don't think Lucario is viable.

Mew - Don't like this. It is too unreliable, not bulky, weak ass. Unpredictable isn't enough anyway, Mew isn't going to sweep you like Mewtwo and not as bulky as most Ubers.

Palkia - Specially Based Mix sucks because you won't get past Chansey anyway. I think change it to Lustrous Orb Special. Surf, Spacial Rend, Fire Blast and Thunder are staples already. Aqua Tail or Outrage doesn't really do much this days and it makes you Arceus setup bait if you are stuck on Outrage.

Qwilfish - Maybe just merge Support with Sweeper. Spikes can go in over Destiny Bond.

Skarmory - Probably needs more mention of Spikes and how Skarmory owns any common SD Arceus variant.

Terrakion - Tyranitar doesn't counter Lugia or Giratina. Both have some ways to deal with Tyranitar, Will-O-Wisp or Reflect. Tyranitar will sadly be stalled out. Scarf Tyranitar is too weak to get past them. Excadrill seems like a good choice to weaken Groudon or Lugia/Giratina.

Ho-Oh's EV spread for the Tank set should be 248 HP / 176 Atk / 84 SpD in my opinion. It makes sure Ho-Oh doesn't die to 2 hits from Scarf Palkia's Thunder. Less Attack doesn't lose any KOs. Whirlwind is a good option, I like it to thrash opposing stall teams particularly those with Giratina. Leftovers should be the preferred item to me. Life Orb makes Ho-Oh dies fast and you might as well use the Offensive set with it.

Groudon analysis seems fine to me. Might want to mention a more Offensive support Groudon set though. More mention on Fire Punch to OHKO Ferrothorn and Forretress. Fire Blast takes out any Skarmory in 2 hits, makes Groudon set up bait to Ho-Oh unfortunately.

For Giratina-O, I think a Calm Mind set with Rest and Sleep Talk should be included. The Mixed attacker set should change slashes in the last slot. It should be Hidden Power Fire / Thunder. Earthquake is rarely used, only against Heatran and maybe Jirachi or Steel Arceus. Will-O-Wisp is useful for crippling Ferrothorn in the rain but is useless otherwise. Defensive set using Will-O-Wisp is better off with Giratina.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Couple of minor things I'd like to SCMS but I'll inform you all first:

- Heatran is Speed creeping on the Stallbreaker set. The current EVs let you outspeed Adamant Tyranitar (not the minimum base 90s), which is non-existant, while you lose to it anyway. 108 Speed EVs is what you need to outspeed min Speed 90s. The other 20 obviously would get chucked into SpD.
- Sand Force is out on Hippowdon. While it would be nice to write up an update of the entire set, the paragraph in OO sums the utility of Sand Force pretty well, so I just want to move that paragraph in AC instead of keeping it in OO.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Three attacks Stealth Rock with a Life Orb or Earth Plate with a fast spread is really good on Groudon. I personally use Jolly 160 Speed for neutral natured max SpA Rayquaza (mix DD Rayquaza on site), but obviously there can be some tinkering done there

For Ho-Oh mention a fast spread with whirlwind to outspeed 0 speed Lugia :). Complete nightmare for stall teams when used with spikes.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay, before Furai even considers it, I'm going to write up an analysis for Acupressure Tentacruel! This thing will blow your mind.

Furai

AAAAAAAAAAND before shrang steals these, I'll be doing Substitute Reshiram and Double Phazer ResTalk Giratina-O. I'll get them up soon before I do the other updates I reserved earlier.

EDIT: SubReshi is up~

EDIT2: ResTalk + CM Giratina-O will also be done by myself, and perhaps SunnyBeamer Reshiram as well!

EDIT3: fuck off guys post more

[17:46:59] <+sci-fiction> just make a landorus analysis furai it's a beast
[17:47:00] <@Furai> furai is just a cutie
[17:47:06] <@Furai> i might
[17:47:11] <@Furai> brb reserving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)