#61 - THIS MACHINE

"A stranger is being shown around a village that he has just become part of. He is shown a well and his guide says "On any day except Tuesday, you can shout any question down that well and you'll be told the answer." The man seems pretty impressed, and so he shouts down, "Why not on Tuesday?" A voice from in the well shouts back, "Because on Tuesday, it's your day in the well."

My username is THIS MACHINE but all my friends call me Nick. I am 19 years old and I come from Nacogdoches, Texas.
I'm an enlisted sailor in the U.S. Navy. My rate is EMN, or electrician's mate, nuclear. We operate the reactors on carriers and submarines, but I'm still in school for it right now.
I play a lot of video games, and am bad at almost every single one of them. I frequent this website for its community, and I love to shitpost (unironically).
I'm really interested in Western esoteric tradition and occultism, and occasionally spend time on /x/.
I listen to a lot of indie pop and classical ambient.
I read an okay amount of postmodern literature, even though its hard to find time at this school.

AMA.

YNWA3MG.png

what does gusic mean
Gusic is a meme from 4chan's music board. The word itself is a portmanteau of the words 'good' and 'music'. The cat staring at the camera is an avid listener of gusic, which includes all music with a cat on the album cover but excluding all genres of jazz. Jazz is not gusic. This meme was corrupted and proliferated and its degenerations (including most images with an animal of some kind staring blankly at the camera) became very popular in the form of Walter and cringe hamster.

Included is a gusic listening chart.

gusicchart.jpg

how do you like your steak
Rare all the way

D2TheW

Amadán
Nicc Nicc Nicc Nicc Nicc

1) Favourite Irish war song (choose wisely)
2) Favourite type of boot to lick
3) What's your best boot camp story
4) In km/h how hard did you nut when I told you that central had won wc
5) FMK - Marx, Lenin, Rasputin
6) Bold text
7) ily :blobcatheart:

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
as an enlisted sailor, how many times per week do you laugh at the term 'seaman'?

do you plan on following in the footsteps of many former active military members and get divorced by age 23?

favorite game to play of the following: darts, pool, poker

what would be your death row meal?

THIS MACHINE kills fascists, of course. When I was younger and frequented the wrong parts of the internet THIS MACHINE killed commies.

Where did your username come from?

Favourite gusic?

Do you feel accomplished after having such a close shave with Theorymon in the well voting?
My username is a reference to a weapon from Fallout: New Vegas.

My favorite piece of gusic is Cats on Mars from the soundtrack of Cowboy Bebop. It's not got a cat on the album cover but it is in the name so I think that should count.

I don't know who Theorymon is.

best texas barbecue?

can you recommend some top-tier classical ambient?

have you ever had any experiences with the occult?

favorite pokemon game?
The kind my dad makes.

If you prefer something more modern, the album Rothko Chapel by Morton Feldman is nice, but you can't ever go wrong with Satie. Gnossienne No. 1 is a touching piece of music.

I'm not in to all the spells and summoning and stuff like that (yet). I'm more interested in the side of esotericism pertaining to the nature of reality and consciousness.

My favorite Pokemon game is Platinum.

Nicc Nicc Nicc Nicc Nicc

1) Favourite Irish war song (choose wisely)
2) Favourite type of boot to lick
3) What's your best boot camp story
4) In km/h how hard did you nut when I told you that central had won wc
5) FMK - Marx, Lenin, Rasputin
6) Bold text
7) ily :blobcatheart:
1) My favorite Irish war song is probably Men Behind the Wire, but Come Out ye Black and Tans is always fun to sing along to.
2) The black leather safety boots we were issued in boot camp have an impeccably delicious texture.
3) I have a shit memory so I can't remember anything really epic. There was this really fucking weird Columbian guy in my division named Mejia who always did these weird dances for different occasions, and one time I had the displeasure of witnessing his "shower dance". His shower dance was him basically slowly gyrating his hips while turning in a circle. And since we were in the shower, he was stark naked. It was horrible.
4) I nut so hard that God had to rewrite the laws of physics to account for my monstrous nut.
5) F Marx M Lenin K Rasputin
6) no timer
7) ily2 :pleading_face:

as an enlisted sailor, how many times per week do you laugh at the term 'seaman'?

do you plan on following in the footsteps of many former active military members and get divorced by age 23?

favorite game to play of the following: darts, pool, poker

what would be your death row meal?
All engineering rates are actually firemen, so we don't have any seamen on this base. I did, however, meet a seaman recruit Seman in boot camp.

No, I left my girl in Texas.

I would prefer to play darts but I am exceptionally poor at it.

My death row meal would be a beef shawarma wrap with white tahini sauce.

do you plan to buy a dodge charger at a ridiculously high APR?

highest rank you got in any competitive game?

how did you end up on Smogon dot com?

favorite joke?
No, I plan to buy some kind of modern hybrid that's nice but not too pricey.

I used to go to Smash tournaments regularly, but the best I ever went was 4 -2.

I was introduced to Showdown first by a friend in high school, when we would play random battles all through microbiology class.

Tu sabes quien es Elsa?

thank you for explaining gusic, however, can you comment on the disturbing lack of "Tapestry" by Carole King?

View attachment 285413
I didn't make this chart, you'd have to take your issues to the random anon who did. Unfortunately, I've no way to put you in contact with them.

I’ve never been part of the mafia before; what can you tell me?
I've never been in the mafia but I did used to steal quite often. The trick to getting away with anything is to look like you know what you're doing.

Would you fuck a ghost
Yeah if it was a sexy ghost

what smogon tier/s do you play/enjoy?

favourite postmodern text?

how worried should americans be that their naval systems rest in your control?
I'm a big fan of all gens of 1v1 and Ubers sans ADV, especially BW. SM OU is also pretty epic, and I like to play BSS.

My favorite postmodern text is Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut.

Even if I don't agree with pretty much anything to do with America, I would never intentionally sabotage my shipmates.

favorite pokemon?

least favorite pokemon?

rank the eeveelutions from best to worst.

do you use reddit

do you play among us
My favorite Pokemon is Shaymin-Sky.

My least favorite Pokemon to encounter in a match is Jirachi, but I don't like any ugly mon.

Vaporeon, Glaceon, Jolteon, Sylveon, Umbreon, Espeon, Flareon, Leafeon.

No.

No.

Were you on /x/ around the year 2015?
In the year of 2015, I would have likely spent most of my time on /k/ or /pol/ (and /int/ if it existed at the time (I can't remember)).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)