A Meaty Term

Ed Rove Us A Meaty Term

Team At A Glance

Basic Strategy
Blaziken rips through any defence, with Honchkrow and Mamoswine to pick up the leftovers. Raikou then sweeps. Skarmory and Claydol are the defencive corner.

Team In-Depth

Swami Omen (Mamoswine) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 16 HP/252 Atk/240 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Ice Shard
- Stone Edge
---
Awesome starter, a new favourite of mine. Earthquake is the main move, smacks a lot of stuff hard. Ice Fang is for Gliscor and co, Stone Edge hits Gyarados. Ice Shard for revenge and ScarfChomp, DDMence or DDNite.

Chow Hornk (Honchkrow) (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Lonely nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Drill Peck
- Hidden Power [Ground]
---
Needed to "counter" Gengar. It can come in on Hypnosis, Shadow Ball and I think Focus Blast, and either Sucker Punch or Pursuit. Drill Peck takes out Breloom, and Hidden Power Ground is for Heatran.

Ankle Biz (Blaziken) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 80 Atk/176 Spd/252 SAtk
Mild nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Focus Punch
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Substitute
---
The "core" of the team. A brilliant wall breaker, from what I can see only Suicine and Cresselia get away without harm. Maybe Milotic as well. Hidden Power Grass hits Swampert, Rhyperior, Rock types. Substitute is to block that Thunder Wave from Blissey, for the safe Focus Punch. Fire Blast takes out the Steel types.

Auk I Or (Raikou) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 152 HP/220 Spd/136 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
---
Beats late game. Blaziken takes out the walls, this thing rips through everything. Outspeeds max Speed Timid Gengar.

Armor Sky (Skarmory) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 196 HP/36 Atk/252 Def/24 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Spikes
---
Needed a Dragon resist, along with some other resists only Bronzong or Skarmory could give. I decided to go for Skarmory for no reason at all. Pretty standard. Max Leftovers recovery, enough Speed for sane Magnezones, max Defence and remainder in Attack. Sets up Spikes and Phazes.

Lacy Old (Claydol) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/96 SAtk/160 SDef
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Light Screen
- Rapid Spin
- Shadow Ball
---
Had no idea what the hell to put here. Needed a Special Wall that resisted Rock, Fighting and Ground. Claydol is the only Pokemon to resist those types. Light Screen to help it Special Wall effectively, Rapid Spin so that certain Pokemon can keep coming in, Earth Power is STAB and Shadow Ball is there for anything that stops Rapid Spin, so Ghost types. 2HKOs 4 HP Gengar.

~~~~~~THREAT LIST~~~~~~
Tyranitar-Absolutely nothing can switch in without fear of a 2HKO. Stone Edge 2HKOs every member of my team apart from Claydol, who dies to Pursuit. This thing is a huge threat, unless Mamoswine can revenge it.

Gyarados-Having no water resist does not help. Skarmory can probably beat it 1 on 1, as Brave Bird is probably a 4HKO. But it is risky. Honchkrow can Sucker Punch it, probably 2HKOing it, and Mamoswine can revenge it.

Infernape-Mamoswine can revenge it, but that is about it.

Azelf-Honchkrow can Sucker Punch or Pursuit it, Mamoswine can revenge it with Ice Fang, Claydol can probably beat it with Shadow Ball.

Electivire-Prediciton is the way around. Mamoswine can revenge it, and the only Electric attack I can hit it with for Motor Drive is Thunderbolt from Raikou, so it is unlikely to get a Motor Drive boost. Is still a fat pain though.

Heracross-Combination of Skarmory, Claydol and Blaziken may see me through. Tempted to run Peck over Ice Fang on Mamoswine because of it.

Salamence-All variants are revenged by Mamoswine. Nothing can really switch in on SpecsMence however.

Togekiss-Togekiss will hate a Stone Edge or Ice Fang to the face. It will also hate any strong attacks, but it can probably beat the hell out of my team, depending on the luck.

Gengar-Honchkrow can handle him nicely. Well, if the set is Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, Hypnosis, Focus Blast. Honchkrow can probably surivive Focus Blast, and is resistant to Shadow Ball, and immune to Hypnosis. It will not like Will-O-Wisp though.

Garchomp-Skarmory can handle SubYache variants, and as usual, Mamoswine can revenge.

Lucario-Lucario counter? That is more absurd than Gengar counter. Almost every variant kills me.

Starmie-Sucker Punch and Pursuit will kill it. Mamoswine can revenge. SpecsPump will hurt though.

Weavile-Skarmory can Brave Bird it and Roost off the damage. Wow, a Pokemon I can actually counter.

Dugtrio-The priority moves 1HKO it. Not really a huge threat, except to Blaziken and Raikou if it is Jolly.

Porygon-Z-Yeah, this thing will probably beat my team at least fifty times before I realise I am weak to it.

Machamp-Skarmory can wall everything bar Close Combat or Critical Cross Chop. Yeah, this thing beats my team as well.

Snorlax-Skarmory can Whirlwind the Curse variants, Restalk get SubPunched by Blaziken.

Zapdos-Hates Stone Edge or Ice Fang. Also does not like Sucker Punch. If it lacks Roar, it is Raikou set up fodder.

Suicune-Raikou can beat it, unless it has Roar.

Breloom-Honchkrow can come in on a Spore, outrun it and 1HKO with Drill Peck. Mamoswine can revenge. Raikou can block Spore and KO with Hidden Power Ice.

Ninjask-Ice Shard.

Metagross-Mamoswine can revenge. Will not like Fire Blasts, or +1 Thunderbolts. Skarmory can also take everything apart from Thunderpunch and Explosion.

Heatran-Mamoswine can revenge. Raikou can Pressure stall it, whilst getting in one or two Calm Minds. Claydol can probably take a hit or two. Honchkrow can switch in on Earthpower and smash it with Hidden Power Ground.

Celebi-Blaziken gives it a Fire Blast, Raikou can use it as set up fodder. It cannot do a thing to Honchkrow, so gets Pursuited.

Jirachi-Mamoswine can revenge. Does not like Fire Blasts or Thunderbolts.

Dragonite-Mamoswine can revenge. Skarmory can probably take a single Fire move for the Phaze.

Mamoswine-Skarmory can wall it effectively, barring critical Stone Edges.

Gallade-Combination of Skarmory and Claydol can probably beat it. Blaziken can come in on Will-O-Wisp, Honchkrow can come in on Hypnosis. Probably a threat.

Yanmega-Cannot really do much to Raikou once Raikou has a Substitute or a Calm Mind. Hates Ice Shard from Mamoswine, and Honchkrow can come in on Hypnosis.

Kingdra-Yeah, it can probably sweep my team.

Roserade-Mamoswine can revenge. Honchkrow can come in on Sleep Power can KO with any of its STABs.

Scizor-Skarmory can Whirlwind all of its boosts, without any fear of much damage.

Oh, and this just in.

Floatzel used Ice Fang.
A critical hit!
Skarmory lost 27% of its health.
Skarmory was frozen solid!
Skarmory was defrosted!
Skarmory flinched!

It does not need to outspeed anything other than Breloom. Any faster and I would be wasting EVs.

I may just run Reflect instead of Light Screen as Gyarados walks through my team, which is lacking a Water resist.

You really need some more power on this team. I suggest CB>Scarf on Mamoswine and make Honchkrow your lead. That way, you can Sucker Punch if you predict they will Thunderbolt, or Pursuit if you suspect a switch. ATM you have nothing to truly take Blissey down, and with the set of Seismic Toss / Flamethrower, you actually get, lol, swept in a sense. Blaziken won't be beating the majority of Blisseys with that set, considering Seismic Toss will just break your Sub, and Blissey's special defense and HP will make Fire Blast / HP Grass do shit-in the case of HP Grass, most likely healed from Lefties recovery and Fire Blast will be PP stalled. Just use Infernape instead, or go with the Agility set with Sky Uppercut.

I would hardly say I am lacking power, considering Mamoswine has 394 attack, Honchkrow has 574 attack and Blaziken has 295 attack with a Life Orb. Unless you mean on the special side, in which case I have Raikou, and Blaziken. Most Blisseys will probably not stay in to allow Blaziken to Sky Uppercut, giving me an ideal time to Substitute. If they stay in, they normally try to status, also giving me time to Substitute. Not to mention that Mamoswine can revenge kill it after it has "swept" a member of my team.

Damage: 327 - 385
Damage: 45.80% - 53.92%

Tyranitar absolutely destroys this team with Stone Edge. 5 of the 6 members are OHKO/2KHO by a CB Stone edge, and Claydol is Crunch/Pursuit killed. In fact, a lot of your threat list is shakily covered, with Tyranitar being the most prominent threat.

You need some pieces that can counter Infernape/Tyranitar/Lucario. I suggest slotting Zapdos for Raikou pumped with Defensive EV's. Handles Lucario and Infernape for the most part, as well as Gyarados (can take a DD Stone Edge from Gyarados and KO back with Thunderbolt).

As for Tyranitar, I suggest Resttalk Machamp over Honchkrow. You don't lost your Gengar coverage (as long as you EV it with some Special defense), and it provides a steady status absorber as opposed to only a sleep immunity that Honchkrow provided.

I will also suggest the change of Claydol to Blissey, because Claydol as a special wall isn't reliable at all. I know it provides spin support for your team, but a lot of threats such as SpecsMence can ravage the team, and Blissey is necessary to stop their rampage. Just a suggestion if Claydol isn't cutting it for you.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)