Ability Unity!

As everyone mentioned Water/Grounds gets access to Unaware so stuff like gastrodon and swampert may be good also Grass/Poison with Regenerator Thanks to Amoonguss like Roserade and yes Venusaur speaking of venusaur his mega gives out Thick Fat to stuff like amoonguss and yes primal groudon gives camerupt desolate land problem is he can't mega but still

Edit: Oh and Levitating Metagross not that you would use regular gross

On a side not, apologies if anyone thinks I'm double posting but shouldn't Multitype be banned for the same reasons that Flower Gift, Stance Change and Zen Mode were banned? Since, wile it doesn't change Arceus's form it does change it's type.

Mega Lucario gets Adaptability omg! That means both Cobalion and Lucario get it!

Cobalion @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat

Here's a sample. Cobalion's great typing and amazing 129 defense means it can easily get a SD up, meaning it's Adaptability boosted attacks will be amazingly dangerous! Base 108 speed is quite useful as well, base 90 Attack might not seem that good but thanks to Adaptability it is.
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Adaptability Cobalion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 302-356 (90.4 - 106.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Now that's power...
I'll add that to the OP soon :]
On a side not, apologies if anyone thinks I'm double posting but shouldn't Multitype be banned for the same reasons that Flower Gift, Stance Change and Zen Mode were banned? Since, wile it doesn't change Arceus's form it does change it's type.
Well technically Multitype is useless as only Arceus can use it, though it isn't hard-coded onto Arceus, I believe. I'll add it to the OP maybe.

I see no reason to ban useless abilities because they are, well, useless. And Stance Change is actually better than No Guard on Doublade because it can at least dodge a Fire Blast now.

A) So, I was looking through Swift Swim and found this: ( ofc Pure Waters might want Primordial Sea but Drizzle + Swift Swim = Gen V Meta)

1) Keldeo gets Swift Swim (because Poliwrath gets it)

2) Gyarados gets Swift Swim (because Mantine gets it)

3) All Pure Water and Ice types get Swift Swim (because Magikarp has SS / Beartic has SS)

B) Sand Rush:
1) Sand Rush Marowak? (at least it is stronger than Sandslash)

2) All Pure Grounds and Normal types get this.

C) Delta Stream (Aerilate may be better but I want to point this out)

1) Delta Stream Dragonite

2) Delta Stream Salamence

EDIT: Dark Aura Honchkrow might be nice. It might lose Moxie but the boost to its Sucker Punch is real. Sheer Force Waters / Haxorus / Goodra are interesting

Last edited:
I see no reason to ban useless abilities because they are, well, useless. And Stance Change is actually better than No Guard on Doublade because it can at least dodge a Fire Blast now.
True. I'll think about it.
Mega Lucario gets Adaptability omg! That means both Cobalion and Lucario get it!

Cobalion @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat

Here's a sample. Cobalion's great typing and amazing 129 defense means it can easily get a SD up, meaning it's Adaptability boosted attacks will be amazingly dangerous! Base 108 speed is quite useful as well, base 90 Attack might not seem that good but thanks to Adaptability it is.
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Adaptability Cobalion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 302-356 (90.4 - 106.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Now that's power...
Added to the OP! :]

EDIT: Realised the thread is more than a year old. Jeez.

On the whole, I feel like Mega/Primal abilities should be locked from ability unity, for reasons like Aerilate, Desolate Land, Primordial Sea. Even tough claws Archeops is probably better than Rock Head Archeops. Mega Abilities should stay Mega.

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
Just a simple idea here, and since the thread already has 7 pages, it's probably already been posted but.

Regular Charizard has options such as Drought, Regenerator and Gale Wings. There are two uses for this. Regenerator can be a decent way to avoid SR recoil before mega evolving into either X or Y, but I feel Drought in particular can be usual before mega evolving into X. As for Gale Wings, its best utility is probably priority Tailwind before Mega-evolving.

It's not a thing of "Are all mega abilities broken on other pokemon" it's more of it just seems unfitting since you can have the effects (namely for charizard) of Drought pre-Mega-X, sun boosted flare blitz sounds horrible. I've mentioned this earlier, such as with Magic Bounce Diancie before mega evolving, that mega abilities shouldn't be allowed to transfer.

This is a suggestion I'm making so as to avoid things such as "Ban Noivern" since Aerilate Boomburst. Ban Mega Ability Unity and it would handle problems like this, and remove threats like sun boosted Mega Zard X. Amoonguss is the only (more-or-less balanced) thing that benefits from a mega ability without being OP (Mega Venusaur is probably a better thick fat user than amoonguss anyway).

Double Intimidate Manectric? Intimidate Raikou? Mega Abilities were made to be mega-specific. The same for Primal abilities. Any bulky dragon can abuse Delta Stream, altaria being the perfect abuser. Roost/cotton guard/ddance whatever setup you want under no flying weaknesses, then mega with pixilate and start sweeping.

I'm saying we should vote and discuss the implications of allowing Mega-Pokemon to share their abilities.

SpartanMalice

Amoonguss has options. Spore, decent bulk although Mega Venusaur is better.

I'd rather suspect the powerful abilties tbh, for instance Drought would generally be a nuisance even after that ban. Tough Claws distribution is quite limited, etc.

SpartanMalice

I looked into the OP and Archeops is banned, so I don't see why Tough Claws or Rock Head should be discussed. Also, considering mega evolutionary passes alone - Jirachi gets it as well. Bronzong, but it prefers Levitate. Outside of Mega Evolution, a good number of Water/Rock pokemon get it through Barbaracle, which is actually more than the mega evolutions provide it.

Edit: Also, tagging MegaGallade because the hide tag for the "sets" in the OP is a bit... damaged.

I merely forgot that Archeops was banned. It's used in example for the OP, so I figured using it as an example here. Mega Abilities should be reserved to Megas is the point, Adaptability Venomoth/Scolipede is an example. Delta Stream was mentioned in a post by Random Passerby. Aerilate itself is pretty strong, and is only found on 2 Pokemon (both megas). Thankfully, Pixilate is limited to only one pokemon (Mr. Mime), but Mega Abilities in general should maintain with their Megas.

Either way, Pixilate is not the issue. Mega Abilities should stay mega. You can abuse a slightly slower but equally as powerful Mega Salamence in Salamence with no mega stone alone. It makes no sense. Don't let Mega Abilities be available to their respectively unity pools.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Either way, Pixilate is not the issue. Mega Abilities should stay mega. You can abuse a slightly slower but equally as powerful Mega Salamence in Salamence with no mega stone alone. It makes no sense. Don't let Mega Abilities be available to their respectively unity pools.
I don't see why they shouldn't stay, there is only harm that coms from restricting megas from sharing abilities, no good, other than like what an aerliate ban? There are still ways of abusing Pixilate

I don't see why they shouldn't stay, there is only harm that coms from restricting megas from sharing abilities, no good, other than like what an aerliate ban? There are still ways of abusing Pixilate
I'd like to clarify I'm not saying Pixilate is an issue.
double edge mr. mime???

And it's not about banning one ability at a time, it's about banning Mega Abilities. As neat as Intimidate on solo electric mons sounds, almost all mega-able pokemon can abuse mega/primal abilities (namely Zard, solo water types, camerupt, mence/altaria). The problems that arise with these pokemon originate from mega abilities, not the pokemon themselves. So rather than ban the mons, or the mons with the abilities, just ban the mega abilities. Aerilate Boomburst doesn't sound fun as it stands. Adaptability Venomoth could be really strong. etc.

Noivern needs a quick ban if it hasn't already.
Looking at the post below, I'll leave it for now.
It's not a thing of "Are all mega abilities broken on other pokemon" it's more of it just seems unfitting since you can have the effects (namely for charizard) of Drought pre-Mega-X, sun boosted flare blitz sounds horrible. I've mentioned this earlier, such as with Magic Bounce Diancie before mega evolving, that mega abilities shouldn't be allowed to transfer.

This is a suggestion I'm making so as to avoid things such as "Ban Noivern" since Aerilate Boomburst. Ban Mega Ability Unity and it would handle problems like this, and remove threats like sun boosted Mega Zard X. Amoonguss is the only (more-or-less balanced) thing that benefits from a mega ability without being OP (Mega Venusaur is probably a better thick fat user than amoonguss anyway).

Double Intimidate Manectric? Intimidate Raikou? Mega Abilities were made to be mega-specific. The same for Primal abilities. Any bulky dragon can abuse Delta Stream, altaria being the perfect abuser. Roost/cotton guard/ddance whatever setup you want under no flying weaknesses, then mega with pixilate and start sweeping.

I'm saying we should vote and discuss the implications of allowing Mega-Pokemon to share their abilities.
Nice idea. I think after more posts about this issue I'll come to a conclusion.
Also, tagging MegaGallade because the hide tag for the "sets" in the OP is a bit... damaged.
How so? It's working fine for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)