AbNormal {Community Project} [Voting Phase]

Tackle
The move is so basic nothing takes more or less damage from it. Like Gen I Sonic Boom, and other set damage moves to a lesser extent.
Sorry, but the only reason Missingno. could use said type was because it was an exception. Sorry again, but you can't use that type...

Tackle: fighting type. you are tackling your opponent, how is that not like fighting?

Strength: rock type. you are able to move BOULDERS with this, it just fits it perfectly

Pay Day: idk. when i think of something ill post it here

Sonic boom: flying type. look at the description for sonic on a dictionary. it is said its pretty speedy. and flying type has the highest speed in the game (correct me if i am wrong). so it fits, right?

Lock-On: steel type. it's LOCK-on. locks are usually made out of metal.

Morning sun: fire type. the sun makes it hotter, and so does fire. fits imo.

Pain split: dark type. you are splitting the opponents health with yours, evil imo. dark type is known to be evil.

Scary face: ghost type. spooky face, scary face. kinda same thing. spooky = ghost a lot of the time.
Lock-On does not actually involve locks at all. It's not Lock-On like putting a lock on a door, it's Lock-On like "Acquiring target… target locked. Firing in T-minus 2 seconds… 1… FIRE!" Still, Steel or Electric seem the most fitting typings due to its robotics theme.

Incidentally, it turns out we were all wrong about Trump Card. It really is a card trick, judging by the animation. On top of that, the Japanese name translates to either "trump card" or "bargaining chip", according to Google Translate. Turns out that the same figure of speech that applies in English also applies in Japanese. How unusual.

Just a question, but how does Explosion work with Aftermath? Does Aftermath still kick in if Explosion is used? (Not that it really matters because all Pokemon that have Aftermath already learn Explosion, I was just curious.)

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Just a question, but how does Explosion work with Aftermath? Does Aftermath still kick in if Explosion is used? (Not that it really matters because all Pokemon that have Aftermath already learn Explosion, I was just curious.)
How does Explosion work with Aftermath normally?

That's what I meant, I wasn't sure if in the normal (no pun intended) games it caused Aftermath to trigger.

Thanks for the heads-up! It would definitely be a much more fun strategy if it kicked in after using Explosion.
There's no reason for it to change in this Pet Mod, which only changes Normal-type Pokémon, Normal-type moves, Abilities that affect Normal-type moves specifically, and move distributions for moves that used to be Normal-type.

There's no reason for it to change in this Pet Mod, which only changes Normal-type Pokémon, Normal-type moves, Abilities that affect Normal-type moves specifically, and move distributions for moves that used to be Normal-type.
I didn't mean to sound as if I were suggesting to change it for the pet mod, I kind of just worded what I was trying to say poorly. Sorry for the miscommunication!

I remembered this while doing more code -we forgot to address the Chilan Berry for Natural Gift's purposes. Normally it turns Normal. (And is the only Berry that does this, thankfully)

What type should Natural Gift become when holding a Chilan Berry?

Tagging MegaGallade since he says we should always tag him or quote him. I'm assuming this will be put up for community vote, but Mega Gallade is the one that organizes that whole thing, soooo...

I remembered this while doing more code -we forgot to address the Chilan Berry for Natural Gift's purposes. Normally it turns Normal. (And is the only Berry that does this, thankfully)

What type should Natural Gift become when holding a Chilan Berry?

Tagging MegaGallade since he says we should always tag him or quote him. I'm assuming this will be put up for community vote, but Mega Gallade is the one that organizes that whole thing, soooo...
OP said:
Chilan Berry also reduces the damage of any move that is the same as the holder's primary type.
Therefore, I think Natural Gift with a Chilan Berry should be typed the same as the user's primary type.

It's Voting Time!
If you do not know how to vote, please read the OP.
If your submission is fused with another's yet you want your submission to be separate, notify me asap.

Meditite
Alakazam
Combusken
Ralts
Mewtwo (This and above by GiveUsYourBones)
Slowbro
Plusle
Mienfoo
Croagunk
Riolu (This and above by MegaGallade)
Lucario
Blaziken
Mienshao
Virizion
Cobalion (This and above by Ghoul King)
Accelgor
Victini
Chingling
Diancie (This and above by the someone)

Bagon
Gible
Latios
Latias (This and above by GiveUsYourBones)
Kyurem
Zekrom
Reshiram (This and above by MegaGallade)
Heliolisk
Venusaur
Tropius
Salamence (This and above by Ghoul King)
Wailmer
Ursaring
Jynx
Granbull (This and above by the someone)

Magmortar (By MegaGallade)
Castform
Porygon
Lampent
Klinklang
Golurk (This and above by the someone)
Wigglytuff
Cottonee
Whimsicott
Jigglypuff (This and above by Amitghosh)

Ground (GiveUsYourBones)
Steel (Ghoul King)
Fighting (Yellow Skarmory)

Fighting (GiveUsYourBones)
Rock (Ghoul King/Yellow Skarmory)
Dragon (the someone)

Dark (GiveUsYourBones)
Fairy (Ghoul King)
Steel (the someone)

Steel (GiveUsYourBones)
Flying (MegaGallade/Yellow Skarmory)
Electric (Ghoul King)

Electric (GiveUsYourBones)
Steel (MegaGallade/Ghoul King/Yellow Skarmory)

Fire (GiveUsYourBones/Ghoul King/Yellow Skarmory)
Flying (the someone)

Ghost (GiveUsYourBones/Ghoul King)
Dark (the someone/Yellow Skarmory)

Ghost (GiveUsYourBones/Yellow Skarmory)
Dragon (Ghoul King)
Dark (the someone)

NOTE: However many changes we will make to Ubers Pokemon, AbNormal will still be OU-based.

To keep the thread alive, here are a few discussion points from the previous week's changes and more:
  • Which entries for this week do you agree/disagree with? [Remember: Be to the point and decisive, no hate]
  • Do you think any of last week's Pokemon-we-gave-new-moves will get more usage because of these new moves?
  • What new sets can be made using last week's new-moves-to-Pokemon?
  • Which/Do Pokemon gain/lose an advantage from Rock type Take Down, Dark type Thrash, Steel type Razor Wind and Grass type Natural Gift?
  • Are there any unanswered questions you want to know specifically about this Pet Mod? If so, please tag me when asking the question and I will reply.

Once again, thanks for submitting, and get voting!

Last edited:
Do you think any of last week's Pokemon-we-gave-new-moves will get more usage because of these new moves?
Spike Cannon lets Mega Heracross break through Substitutes on Ground-hating Pokemon, which is relevant because Rock Blast is its only Skill Link attack Poison types don't resist. Not great, but it's something. All the other Pokemon are outright lacking Earthquake/Ground coverage in general, though Escavalier is the main one I could see genuinely appreciating it. (Switch in beloved Fire type that Escavalier is obviously going to die to, lose it to Spike Cannon, whoops)

Extreme Speed helps Rapidash, though there's a question as to whether it'll avoid just being an Arcanine knock-off, provides Sharpedo the excellent Fire/Water coverage (In priority form on both, no less!), lets Swellow push past the few things that outspeed it, renders the Latis slightly more godlike than before, and gives Escavalier the ability to function outside of Trick Room. (Though it would probably rather have Aqua Jet so it could effectively finish off Fire types that switch in, but whatever) Oh and Ninjask has it now, though I'm not sure what competitive use it will have. But at least it's not capable of going faster than the eye can track in gameplay too!

Tail Slap gives Ambipom excellent Fairy coverage for Skill Link sets, and makes Skill Link sets marginally more appealing. (It doesn't have a lot of 2-5 hit moves normally) For Technician sets it also can gamble on the possibility of a pay-off -or it can run it as its default if it wants Frustration for primary STAB, which is entirely possible. Oh and Delcatty has it now, and nobody cares.

Which/Do Pokemon gain/lose an advantage from Rock type Take Down, Dark type Thrash, Steel type Razor Wind and Grass type Natural Gift?
Take Down is a bit more niche than I'd thought it might be, because 90 BP/85 Accuracy makes it a very shaky choice over Rock Slide and Stone Edge. Nonetheless, for Altaria, Arcanine, Basculin, Bibarel, Cherrim, Dewgong, Escavalier, Flareon, Furfrou, Garbodor, Girafarig, Leafeon, Linoone, Luxray, Mightyena, Pyroar, Qwilfish, Rapidash, Sawsbuck, Sharpedo, Stantler, Staraptor, and Stoutland it's vaguely conceivable they might appreciate the Rock coverage it provides. Basculin and Altaria are the two big ones that stand out to me as potentially caring -in the case of Altaria, Rock is a way to hit Fire types super effectively even if they're Flying or otherwise immune to Earthquake (ie it lets you murder Charizard, Talonflame, etc) while Scarfed Basculin is a thing that happens and Basculin even has Rock Head.

Thrash I'm honestly not sure how much of an effect it will have. If you want raw power, Frustration is weaker but doesn't lock you in. But Dark is impossible to be immune to and is in fact a really good offensive typing, so possibly what might happen is stuff like Dragon Dance Thrash Tyranitar comes along to punch holes in teams. Not sure.

Natural Gift being Grass type has no real effect because it fails if the user isn't holding a Berry to determine BP and typing.

Razor Wind is an awful, awful move with awful awful distribution (Special move found almost exclusively on Physically oriented Pokemon) and making it Steel is only marginally helpful. There is one niche use I noticed looking over what learns it though -specifically Noivern might run a Power Herb Razor Wind set to surprise Fairies. Even then, normally Noivern runs Choice Specs with Switcheroo and so on, and Hidden Power Steel with Choice Specs hits harder than Razor Wind does, so it's very iffy.

Votes are in!

+Trump Card (By GiveUsYourBones <Alak, Ral and Mewt> and Ghoul King <Luc>)
+Uproar (Both by Ghoul King )
+Explosion, +Self-Destruct (By the someone )

Here's something to remember, the more voters there are, the less likely there will be a very small amount of actual recipients.

Tackle Ground (By GiveUsYourBones )
Strength Rock (By Ghoul King and Yellow Skarmory )
Pay Day Dark (By GiveUsYourBones )
Sonic Boom Steel (By GiveUsYourBones )

Lock-On Steel (By MegaGallade , Ghoul King and Yellow Skarmory )
Morning Sun Fire (By GiveUsYourBones , Ghoul King and Yellow Skarmory )
Pain Split Ghost (By GiveUsYourBones and Ghoul King )
Scary Face Ghost (By GiveUsYourBones and Yellow Skarmory )

Thanks to all that submitted!
And now...

Moves to give to Pokemon (Note: Submissions that have already been made (i.e. Using the same type, with same moves and with the exact same justficiation as someone who submitted before) will not be included)

Fake Out (New type: Fighting)
Barrage (New type: Grass) *
Lovely Kiss (New type: Dark) *

Damaging moves

Wrap
Scratch
Mega Kick
Horn Drill

Status moves

Foresight
Sweet Scent
Noble Roar
Play Nice

*I know these are signature moves, but they do not seem like them at first glance, and Pokemon who get these moves always tend to have a better option. So thus, we are giving these moves to others.

Here are a few discussion points also:
  • Should we keep the item changes the way they are? Or should we change them?
Get submitting and thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Wrap
Grass type

Why: The only type associated with tentacles/vines/etc.

Scratch
Bug type

Why: Little bug claws tearing at you! yes i know its primarily learned by rats and stuff shut up

Mega Kick
Dragon type

Why: I WILL KICK YOU WITH MY MIGHTY DRAGON LEGS. Fighting is probably more consistent, but then it overlaps with Close Combat and Superpower and High Jump Kick and eeeh....

Horn Drill
Dark type

Why: You're jamming a drill into someone and spinning it. That's gruesome.

Foresight
Psychic type

Why: I sense your presence through my insight or something, and this lets me punch Ghosts!

Sweet Scent
Grass type

Why: Honestly I don't get why it isn't Grass type already. It's found on flower Pokemon, basically.

Noble Roar
Fire type

Why: Because it's Pyroar's signature move and we made Pyroar pure Fire type.

Play Nice
Fairy type

Why:... wait it isn't Fairy type already really.

Fake Out
Recipients: Hawlucha, Pangoro, Machamp, Primeape, Poliwrath.

Why: Fighting types that don't already get it and get reasonably decent use out of it. I honestly find it strange that Hawlucha and Machamp don't already get it. Or at least Hawlucha.

Barrage
Recipients: Shiftry, Ferrothorn, Golem

Why: Pokemon I can imagine throwing some kind of flaming ball. Shiftry and Ferrothorn light their babies on fire and throw them at you, Golem picks up flint and throws it at you. This is obviously logical. Really.

Lovely Kiss
Recipients: meh

Why: I got nothing and don't see any reason to spread around a crappy, unreliable Sleep-inducing move.

also in there i had lock-on steel. missed me again. w/e, typing below.

wrap: ??? idk about this one

scratch: ??? same idk about it

mega kick: fighting type. you are kicking your opponent. isnt that fighting?

horn drill: ??? same idk about this

foresight: fighting. idk how this makes sense as any other type. it does what it needs to do, with making fighting types able to hit ghosts.

sweet scent: fairy. it's a nice smell, isnt that kinda fairy like?

noble roar: fire. pyroar sig move, wynaut same type?

play nice: play rough is fairy, how is this not? you are playing nice with your opponent.

EDIT: 199th post. welp, no more posts until my rmt.

Last edited:

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Eevee, Raikou, Shinx, Litleo "Its wide distribution among catlike Pokémon is likely a play on this name, as it literally translates to cat deception." - Bulbapedia
Sealeo It's Japanese name is Slap Hands. Sea lions are known for slapping hands in circuses. Seel learns it.

Barrage (New type: Grass)
Cherrim Sun-powered bomb seeds!
Reuniclus Literally has balls (cells) that can be thrown

Lovely Kiss (New type: Dark)
Mawile It's the Deceiver Pokemon, and the Japanese name of the move is "Devil's Kiss"
Vivillon "Devil's Kiss", 666th Pokemon, learns Sweet Kiss, I'm submitting this because I don't have anything else
Froslass "Devil's Kiss", Froslass is pretty spooky, learns Draining Kiss.

Scratch
Steel
Edgy.

Sweet Scent
Fairy
Sweet is related to Fairy.

Here's something to remember, the more voters there are, the less likely there will be a very small amount of actual recipients.
Sorry, I forgot to vote. :P

Should we keep the item changes the way they are? Or should we change them?
Oh and I forgot to respond to this.

I'd personally rather tweak the item changes. Chilan is sort of interesting, actually (It always triggers even if you aren't vulnerable, so there's some odd uses for it in cases where a Pokemon is neutrally vulnerable to something that often gets used to KO it and that happens to be its primary type), but Silk Scarf is redundant with other type-boosting items and in fact arguably a bad pick (Because if the enemy steals it from you, they are considerably more likely to benefit from it than from other type-boosters. Exception: it's a wonderful item for Greninja. Greninja got banned. Why are we making it better?) while Normal Gem is basically only meaningful in a "we sort-of-kind-of released all the Gems in Gen VI for this Pet Mod except not really" way. Other than the 'super item for Greninja' aspect, which is, again, iffy to me.

Just one thing:
Horn Drill
Steel
Drills are typically made of some kind of metal. I feel like it kind of makes sense considering we made Fearow Steel-type due to its association with drills. On the other hand, there is flavor for it to be Ground type too considering Drill Run is. I'm kind of up in the air on this one actually, but my gut says Steel. I wouldn't blame anyone for nominating it as Ground though.

EDIT: Also, MegaGallade, I think you accidentally misattributed me for the Steel Lock-On instead of Yellow Skarmory. I originally suggested Electric. No big deal, I just want to make sure Yellow Skarmory gets the credit deserved.

canno

formerly The Reptile

Breloom

Yes, I do want to watch the world burn. Also everyone else posted the mons I wanted to ;_; But yeah I can see Breloom pulling a Fake Out, especially on foes that don't expect its long reaching rocket punches (yes, that's a thing apparently)

Barrage (New type: Grass)

Rhyperior, Throh

The move is about throwing shit, and Rhyperior has those weird handcanons while Throh is basically called Throw so its kind of cute. Not much else to say - Barrage isnt even good so yea.

Lovely Kiss (New type: Dark)

Nidoran (both), Bellsprout, Snubbull, Poliwag, Munchlax

Ok I know this list looks weird at first glance, but these are actually the Pokemon that got Lovely Kiss in Gen 2, so I thought it would be cute to give those mons their sleeping move back! It also increases their viability slightly, as it's basically a better Sleep Powder (Even Bellsprout cares - it can put Grass-types to sleep!). Also all the other mons I would of posted were taken. I'll do moves in just a sec

EDIT:

Wrap
Poison

Snake Wrapping! Most things that get Wrap (at least in Gen 1) were Poison-types, and the one that wasn't (outside of Lickytung) was the Dragonite line, which is mostly serpentine. Also it gives us more Poison-type moves, which is cute.

Scratch
Dark

Edgy. Also Scratch sounds like a Dark-type move to be - pretty brutal and uses claws and stuff. Idk, it just feels Dark t ome.

Mega Kick
Fighting

Just throwing the obvious one.

Horn Drill
Ground

Drill Run is a Ground-type, Rhydon has a drill and is a Ground-type. The only counter-example to Drill being Ground is Beedrill not being Ground, but I think there's more pro-Ground than anti-Ground.

I'm not doing the status moves because I basically completely agree with Ghoul King here.

Last edited:
Noble Roar
Fighting type. Noble Roar is a less ruder of a roar, and uh, people doing karate or teakwondo against each other are courteous and polite to the opponent.

Fake Out
Sylveon, Chinchou, Lanturn
Fake out is a mischevious move, faking out the opponent and returning. That is why I put Sylveon there. Chinchou and Lanturn? It's because it's like Chinchou and Lanturn flashing light on the opponent under the sea, where you dont expect much light, get dazzled, and because of that flinch. I know dazzling gleam sounds (and looks) better for that, but it doesnt have that flinching property.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Oh and I forgot to respond to this.

I'd personally rather tweak the item changes. Chilan is sort of interesting, actually (It always triggers even if you aren't vulnerable, so there's some odd uses for it in cases where a Pokemon is neutrally vulnerable to something that often gets used to KO it and that happens to be its primary type), but Silk Scarf is redundant with other type-boosting items and in fact arguably a bad pick (Because if the enemy steals it from you, they are considerably more likely to benefit from it than from other type-boosters. Exception: it's a wonderful item for Greninja. Greninja got banned. Why are we making it better?) while Normal Gem is basically only meaningful in a "we sort-of-kind-of released all the Gems in Gen VI for this Pet Mod except not really" way. Other than the 'super item for Greninja' aspect, which is, again, iffy to me.
Kecleon also gets Protean. With Silk Scarf/Normal Gem and it's new Dark type + Pursuit, it could see more usage. And the best thing is we don't have to worry about making Greninja overpowered.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)