AbNormal {Community Project} [Voting Phase]

Sorry for the double post, but It's Voting Time!
If you do not know how to vote, please read the OP.
If your submission is fused with another's yet you want your submission to be separate, notify me asap.

Hawlucha
Pangoro
Machamp
Primeape
Poliwrath (This and above by Ghoul King)
Eevee
Raikou
Shinx
Litleo
Sealeo (This and above by the someone)
Breloom (By The Reptile)
Sylveon
Chinchou
Lanturn (This and above by Amitghosh)

Shiftry
Ferrothorn
Golem (This and above by Ghoul King)
Cherrim
Reuniclus (This and above by the someone)
Rhyperior
Throh (This and above by The Reptile)

Mawile
Vivillon
Froslass (This and above by the someone)
Nidoran
Bellsprout
Snubbull
Poliwag
Munchlax (This and above by The Reptile)

Grass (Ghoul King)
Poison (The Reptile)

Bug (Ghoul King)
Steel (the someone)
Dark (The Reptile)

Dragon (Ghoul King)
Fighting (Yellow Skarmory/The Reptile)

Dark (Ghoul King)
Steel (GiveUsYourBones)
Ground (The Reptile)

Psychic (Ghoul King)
Fighting (Yellow Skarmory)

Grass (Ghoul King)
Fairy (Yellow Skarmory/the someone)

Fire (Ghoul King)
Fighting (Amitghosh)

Due to a lack of submissions, this move's type has already been decided.
Fairy (Ghoul King/Yellow Skarmory)

Note: Due to the notice '(Note: Submissions that have already been made (i.e. Using the same type, with same moves and with the exact same justficiation as someone who submitted before) will not be included)' some Submissions have not been included. If a submission is not here is must have been removed due to the notice.

To keep the thread alive, here are a few discussion points from the previous week's changes and more:
  • Which entries for this week do you agree/disagree with? [Remember: Be to the point and decisive, no hate]
  • Do you think any of last week's Pokemon-we-gave-new-moves will get more usage because of these new moves?
  • What new sets can be made using last week's new-moves-to-Pokemon?
  • Which/Do Pokemon gain/lose an advantage from Ground type Tackle, Rock type Strength, Dark type Pay Day and Steel type Sonic Boom?
  • Are there any unanswered questions you want to know specifically about this Pet Mod? If so, please tag me when asking the question and I will reply.

Once again, thanks for submitting, and get voting!

Which entries for this week do you agree/disagree with? [Remember: Be to the point and decisive, no hate]
I don't think I particularly disagree with anything from last week, but I definitely wish more Pokemon got new moves, especially the Dragon-type Uproar. It seemed like some fun new builds would have been able to come from that. Oh well, hopefully we just get more voters for when we give attacks to new recipients.

EDIT: I kind of accidentally conflated the first two bullets, but my point still stands. :P

canno

formerly The Reptile
  • Which entries for this week do you agree/disagree with? [Remember: Be to the point and decisive, no hate]
I don't really have anything I strongly agree / disagree with to be honest. I guess I would of prefered to see Fighting Tackle over Ground Tackle since I imagine Tackle like a football Tackle but it doesn't bother me because I get the flavor and it's Tackle, so it's not a big deal. If anything Tackle might actually see use if Breloom wants to run Technician Tackle I guess. I mean, it doesn't get Bulldoze. That's something, right?
  • Do you think any of last week's Pokemon-we-gave-new-moves will get more usage because of these new moves?
Maybe Klinklang? Explosion / Selfdestruct were like the only competitively good moves we distributed, so that's the only one I see changing things. Uproar might be a thing but the current mon with STAB (Salamence) would rather use Outrage for a locking Dragon move.
Not much really. I guess Scarf Klinklang can run Scarf with Return or Frustration / Gear Grind / Explosion / Wild Charge? Dunno.
  • Which/Do Pokemon gain/lose an advantage from Ground type Tackle, Rock type Strength, Dark type Pay Day and Steel type Sonic Boom?
Breloom is the only mon that gets Technician Tackle, giving it a 75 BP Ground-type move. That's pretty good. Strength is the big one though. 80 BP isn't stellar but its more than Rock Slide. Meanwhile, it's a 100% accurate Rock-type move! And oh man do a lot of Pokemon get Strength. It would take me a long time to list everything that benefits, so here's a Veekun link of everything that gets Strength. A notable one is Aerodactyl, as it now has a reliable STAB boosted by Tough Claws in its Mega Form. Pay Day and Sonic Boom do not benefit anyone due to them being bad moves (competitively speaking - Pay Day is rad as fuck in-game).

Which/Do Pokemon gain/lose an advantage from Ground type Tackle, Rock type Strength, Dark type Pay Day and Steel type Sonic Boom?
Sonic Boom's new typing makes it flatly better, because now it works on Ghosts and there's nothing that specifically punishes Steel typing. It's still Sonic Boom though: nobody cares that much about 20 damage.

Pay Day is essentially irrelevant because realistically you're probably running Frustration. Or Crunch. Or Night Slash. It's only 40 BP, so even after Technician (eg Persian) it's crap.

Strength provides even more glorious Rock coverage, and even hits harder and more reliably than Rock Slide! (Albeit with no side effect) With this change, roughly half of all Pokemon have gained access to a decent Physical Rock move. Some immediate notables though include Aerodactyl (Tough Claws-boosted Rock move!), Barbaracle (Same!), Greninja, Azumarill, Ferrothorn, and Lopunny. (Now Mega Lopunny can rip apart Flying types) But seriously, this dramatically alters the meta.

Tackle is Tackle, but amazingly enough it does actually matter (Potentially) for some Pokemon. Specifically, the following Pokemon all get Tackle while lacking all other Physical Ground moves: Aegislash (!!), Basculin, Beautifly, Butterfree, Carbink, Cherrim, Dedenne, Diancie, Dragalge, Dustox, Eelektross, Electrode, Florges, Furfrou, Hawlucha, Jumpluff, Klefki, Leavanny, Ledian, Luvdisc, Luxray, Magnezone, Malamar, Mothim, Noctowl, Noivern, Pidgeot, Porygon-Z, Qwilfish, Samurott, Sawsbuck, Serperior, Slurpuff (Say goodbye, Heatran!), Staraptor, Starmie, Stoutland, Talonflame, Venomoth, Vivillon, Watchog, Weezing, Wormadam, and Yanmega. Of course a bunch of things still wouldn't run it regardless, but holy crap guys Tackle might be competitively relevant!!

Do you think any of last week's Pokemon-we-gave-new-moves will get more usage because of these new moves?
I agree with The Reptile that the main one of any note is Self-Destruct/Explosion on Klinklang, which in particular lets it push past some Steel (And Grass!) types that have a combination that normally walls its Electric/Steel offense. I mean, it dies in the process, but taking out Mega Aggron or something can be worth it.

Which entries for this week do you agree/disagree with? [Remember: Be to the point and decisive, no hate]
Fighting Noble Roar. I just... don't follow the logic at all.

The Reptile said:
Breloom is the only mon that gets Technician Tackle, giving it a 75 BP Ground-type move.
It gets Body Slam, which is 85 BP and has a Paralysis chance. Tackle makes no sense to run, unless you specifically want that Technician run badly. (It can't get Technician+Body Slam, unfortunately, because it learns Body Slam in Gen III but Technician is its Hidden Ability) In terms of "hey I can get Ground coverage on Breloom generally" though, it's inferior. (Which pushes Breloom just a little bit more toward Poison Heal over Technician)

Last edited:

canno

formerly The Reptile
It gets Body Slam, which is 85 BP and has a Paralysis chance. Tackle makes no sense to run, unless you specifically want that Technician run badly. (It can't get Technician+Body Slam, unfortunately, because it learns Body Slam in Gen III but Technician is its Hidden Ability) In terms of "hey I can get Ground coverage on Breloom generally" though, it's inferior. (Which pushes Breloom just a little bit more toward Poison Heal over Technician)
Oh right Body Slam is Ground I have so much trouble following the new type ;-;

Still, it's nice that TechLoom can also have Ground Coverage now, although I don't know how badly it wants to run it (Rock Tomb Strength (!!!) deals with the Fire-type that gives it the most issues - Talonflame and Zard (on the switch of course) - while Tackle hits....uh....)

Also didn't realize how useful Tackle is overall. The main mon I see running Tackle is Talonflame, since it can just

252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Tackle vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 248-296 (64.4 - 76.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Talonflame Tackle vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 304-360 (78.9 - 93.5%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (calc said SD Talon runs Jolly, so I'm sticking to that)

#BRAVESTBIRD

Last edited:
Oh right Body Slam is Ground I have so much trouble following the new type ;-;

Still, it's nice that TechLoom can also have Ground Coverage now, although I don't know how badly it wants to run it (Rock Tomb Strength (!!!) deals with the Fire-type that gives it the most issues - Talonflame and Zard (on the switch of course) - while Tackle hits....uh....)

Also didn't realize how useful Tackle is overall. The main mon I see running Tackle is Talonflame, since it can just

252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Tackle vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 248-296 (64.4 - 76.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Talonflame Tackle vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 304-360 (78.9 - 93.5%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (calc said SD Talon runs Jolly, so I'm sticking to that)

#BRAVESTBIRD
TALONFLAME FOR THE NFL

not much with sonic boom: same as ever, except without a immunity (??). unless there is lc where it most likely will get b&

Votes are in!

+Fake Out (By The Reptile <Bre>, Ghoul King <Haw, Pan & Poli> and the someone <Eev & Shi>)
+Barrage (By The Reptile <Rhy>, Ghoul King <Shif, Ferro & Gol> and the someone <Cher & Reun> )
+Lovely Kiss (By the someone <Maw & Fros> and The Reptile <Bel, Snub & Mun> )

Wrap Poison (By The Reptile )
Scratch Bug (By Ghoul King )
Mega Kick Fighting (By Yellow Skarmory and The Reptile )
Horn Drill Steel (By GiveUsYourBones )

Foresight Psychic (By Ghoul King )
Sweet Scent Grass (By Ghoul King )
Noble Roar Fire (By Ghoul King )
Play Nice Fairy (By Ghoul King and Yellow Skarmory )

Thanks to all that submitted!
And now...

Moves to give to Pokemon (Note: Submissions that have already been made (i.e. Using the same type, with same moves and with the exact same justficiation as someone who submitted before) will not be included)

Slack Off (New type: Ground)
Boomburst (New type: Flying)
Tri Attack (New type: Electric)

Damaging moves

Bide
Mega Punch
Slam
Bind

Status moves

Perish Song
Bestow
Happy Hour
Odor Sleuth
Note: Extremely sorry for the lateness! This week's submissions had completely slipped my mind due to other stuff going on. Thanks for the cooperation.

Here are a few discussion points also:
  • What else should be discuss?
Get submitting and thanks for reading!

odor sleuth: psychic. so it's the same as foresight. otherwise, fighting. doesnt really matter anyway (not like immunities effect this movr).
happy hour: fairy. closest type i could think of to a happiness type, reasoning's that :)
perish song: flying. closest thing to a sound type.
bestow:
mega punch: fighting. you are punching your opponent.
slam: ground. same type as tackle.
bide: rock. you get it from beating brock in gen one.
bind:

Last edited:

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Snorlax, Numel, Lickilicky, Purugly, Bibarel
Snorlax is one of the laziest Pokemon, and the middle 3 all have Own Tempo or Oblivious, just like Slowbro (plus Numel has both). Bibarel is stupid like Slowbro, has Simple, and it's movements outside of water are sluggish. It would make sense that these Pokemon would learn a move about wasting time. Not to mention that Snorlax is a defensive Pokemon that lacks a reliable recovery move.

Yanmega, Meloetta, Kricketune, Electrode, Bronzong
Pokemon related to sound. Meloetta for obvious reasons. Yanmega because the Flygon line also gets it (Yanma's and Yanmega's dex entries mention Sonic Boom). Electrode because Boomburst is named Sound Wave Explosion in Japanese. Kricketune and Bronzong because they're related to instruments.

Combee, Weezing, Exeggcute, Vanilluxe
Pokemon with more than one head. Combee, Weezing and Exeggcute have three heads or more. Vanilluxe has two heads and a straw, and it badly needs coverage.

Bide
Fighting
Named Perseverance in Japanese. Fight 'til the end!

Bind

Poison
Wrap was retyped to Poison.

Perish Song
Ghost
Related to death like Ghosts.

Bestow
Fairy
Fairies are the closest type to giving gifts, I guess.

Odor Sleuth
Fighting
Fighting is the only type affected by this move now so...

Last edited:
Snorlax, Numel, Quagsire, Purugly, Avalugg
Snorlax is one of the laziest Pokemon, and the other four all have Own Tempo, just like Slowbro (plus Numel has Oblivious like Slowbro as well). It would make sense that these Pokemon would learn a move about wasting time. Not to mention that Snorlax, Quagsire and Avalugg are defensive Pokemon that lack a reliable recovery move.

Yanmega, Meloetta, Kricketune, Electrode, Bronzong
Pokemon related to sound. Meloetta for obvious reasons. Yanmega because the Flygon line also gets it (Yanma's and Yanmega's dex entries mention Sonic Boom). Electrode because Boomburst is named Sound Wave Explosion in Japanese. Kricketune and Bronzong because they're related to instruments.

Combee, Weezing, Exeggcute, Vanilluxe
Pokemon with more than one head. Combee, Weezing and Exeggcute have three heads or more. Vanilluxe has two heads and a straw, and it badly needs coverage.

Bide
Fighting
Named Perseverance in Japanese. Fight 'til the end!

Bind

Poison
Wrap was retyped to Poison.

Perish Song
Ghost
Related to death like Ghosts.

Bestow
Fairy
Fairies are the closest type to giving gifts, I guess.

Odor Sleuth
Fighting
Fighting is the only type affected by this move now so...
>Quagsire and Avalugg
>Lacking reliable recovery
They both get Recover, y'know.

Bind
Grass
Same reasoning as various Grass-type-Wrap submissions

Slam
Fighting
Isn't a 'slam' a move used in fighting?

Tri Attack
Probopass, Klang, Bonsly, Jumpluff
Probopass has three nose-like rocks orbiting its body, and also learns many electric moves by level-up. Klang is made up of 3 Gears, and also learns quite a few electric moves by level-up. The last two are very farfetch'd, I know, but bare with me. Bonsly has three green rocks, and Jumpluff has 3 cotton balls. Basically, they all have 3 of something.

EDIT:
Slack Off
Seel, Spheal
Both based on seals who, well, naturally slack off, laying almost motionless in beaches. They both lack reliable recovery too.

Last edited:
Bind
Grass
Same reasoning as various Grass-type-Wrap submissions

Slam
Fighting
Isn't a 'slam' a move used in fighting?

Tri Attack
Probopass, Klang, Bonsly, Jumpluff
Probopass has three nose-like rocks orbiting its body, and also learns many electric moves by level-up. Klang is made up of 3 Gears, and also learns quite a few electric moves by level-up. The last two are very farfetch'd, I know, but bare with me. Bonsly has three green rocks, and Jumpluff has 3 cotton balls. Basically, they all have 3 of something.
klang's 2 gears i think and it's really grinding my gears.

klang's 2 gears i think and it's really grinding my gears.
It's three. Klink is 2, Klang is 3, and Klinklang adds some weird hoop thing underneath it all.

Bide
Rock type

Why: Patient rock, biding its time.

Mega Punch
Fighting type

Why: I can't even come up with a ridiculous-but-potentially-useful alternative here, honestly.

Slam
Grass type

Why: The description refers to hitting the target with a long tail, vine, or etc. Tail is type-ambiguous, but vine is most certainly Grass typing.

Bind
Dark type

Why: The user grabs and attempts to crush the target, going by the description. Not a nice thing. (Go look at what all learns it: there's no type conformity at all!)

Perish Song
Ghost type

Why: Originally Misdreavus' signature move, and a song that calls Pokemon to their death. Well. To their fainting, anyway. Clearly meant to be "banshee wail" type stuff, too.

Bestow
Fairy type

Why: Still the closest thing to a "friendship" type, and I'm not coming up with a basis for an alternative line of reasoning.

Happy Hour
Dark type

Why: Exclusive to Inkay. I suppose I could go with Psychic type instead, but nah.

Odor Sleuth
Bug type

Why: Sniffing you out is totally Bug-like -they often rely much more heavily on sense of smell than any other sense. Honestly I'd probably go for whatever type is most associated with dogs, but there isn't really one.

Slack Off
Recipients: Regirock, Registeel, Regice, Regigigas

Why: Now it's Ground type, and these are all golems who have crap for recovery. Plus isn't sitting in place, doing nothing, exactly what they've been doing before trainers came along and stuffed them into Pokeballs?

Boomburst
Recipients: Drifblim

Why: Pop a balloon! And note that this balloon gets Explosion and Aftermath. Explosions aren't known for being quiet.

Tri Attack
Recipients: Roserade, Combee, Honedge

Why: Rule of 3 again. Combee is three honeycomb... bee... things... stuck together, Roserade has its head and each hand as blooming flowers of doom, and Honedge's sheath has a trio of circles in it. (One of which is admittedly a gap for its eye to poke out of -the logic works better with Aegislash in specific, where the sheath becomes its shield and no longer has an eyehole)

Perish Song
Fairy

Perish Song is a mischiveous move, the user singing a song, which the opponent likes, and when it's too late, realizes it is fatal. Fairies are mischevious, and though fatally mischevious may be for evil fairies, fairies are fairies.

Bestow
Ice

Same type as Present. Even though Bestow and Present work MUCH differently, they still mean giving the opponent a gift.

Odor Sleuth
Fire

Same type as Growlithe. Dogs usually have a great sense of smell, and police dogs put it to use for sniffing out enemies. Growlithe is depicted as a police dog in the anime, usually used by Officer Jenny in most situations.

It's Voting Time!
If you do not know how to vote, please read the OP.
If your submission is fused with another's yet you want your submission to be separate, notify me asap.

Snorlax
Numel
Lickilicky
Purugly
Bibarel (This and above by the someone)
Regirock
Registeel
Regice
Regigigas (This and above by Ghoul King)
Seel
Spheal (This and above by MegaGallade)

Yanmega
Meloetta
Kricketune
Electrode
Bronzong (By the someone)
Drifblim (By Ghoul King)

Combee
Weezing
Exeggcute
Vanilluxe (This and above by the someone)
Probopass
Klang
Bonsly
Jumpluff (This and above by MegaGallade)
Roserade
Honedge (This and above by Ghoul King)

Rock (Yellow Skarmory/Ghoul King)
Fighting (the someone)

Ground (Yellow Skarmory)
Fighting (MegaGallade)
Grass (Ghoul King)

Due to a lack of submissions, this move's type has already been decided.
Fighting (Yellow Skarmory/Ghoul King)

Poison (the someone)
Grass (MegaGallade)
Dark (Ghoul King)

Flying (Yellow Skarmory)
Ghost (the someone/Ghoul King)
Fairy (Amitghosh)

Fairy (the someone/Ghoul King)
Ice (Amitghosh)

Fairy (Yellow Skarmory)
Dark (Ghoul King)

Psychic (Yellow Skarmory)
Fighting (the someone)
Bug (Ghoul King)
Fire (Amitghosh)

To keep the thread alive, here are a few discussion points from the previous week's changes and more:
  • Which/Do Pokemon gain/lose an advantage from Poison type Wrap, Bug type Scratch, Fighting type Mega Kick and Steel type Horn Drill?
  • Are there any unanswered questions you want to know specifically about this Pet Mod? If so, please tag me when asking the question and I will reply.

Once again, thanks for submitting, and get voting!

The only thing I'm not very fond of is having two attacks that are exactly the same thing, so Psychic type Odor Sleuth didn't seem like that great of an idea to me.

Now I'm not entirely sure about this, but I kind of imagine Snorlax getting some more usage with Munchlax receiving Lovely Kiss. Especially if it ends up receiving Slack Off this week. I'm not the greatest at predicting changes in the meta, but I think some shenanigans can be pulled with Snorlax now.

Seconding GiveUsYourBones.

On a more positive note, I disliked Bestow initially but have warmed up to it, so to speak.

Do you think any of last week's Pokemon-we-gave-new-moves will get more usage because of these new moves?
Lovely Kiss is Sleep inducement, so it'll see use. Snorlax and Mega Mawile seem the big winners here -they'd both love to actually set up on enemies. On the other hand, they also both run into 4MSS, so maybe not.

Fake Out makes it easier than ever for Hawlucha to trigger its Unburden boost and go to town, gives Poison Heal Breloom a way to buy more time and Technician Breloom more ability to just straight-up murder things with priority, and just makes all the Pokemon involved more awesome. Pangoro in particular has Scrappy, so that's cool.

Barrage is cool all around, though in particular Shiftry and Cherrim get major Sun abuse.

Which/Do Pokemon gain/lose an advantage from Poison type Wrap, Bug type Scratch, Fighting type Mega Kick and Steel type Horn Drill?
Wrap, if it gives anything an advantage at all, will be doing so through arcane logic I'm not even going to try to predict.

Scratch is probably not really useful to anything, honestly. Blaziken, Charizard, Delphox, Druddigon, Dugtrio, Feraligatr, Golduck, Kecleon, Meowstic, Nidoqueen, Sableye, Simipour, Simisage, Simisear, Skuntank, Slaking, and Ursaring are the only Pokemon that even get it without having a better Bug-type move per se, and Scratch is too weak to be worth it, particularly since its main value is reproduced by other, better moves in concert, such as Frustration combined with Ice Punch. But hey more Bug moves!

Mega Kick is crap and largely invalided by superior Fighting moves. Ambipom, Ampharos, Blastoise, Charizard, Delibird, Dusclops, Dusknoir, Exploud, Groudon, Illumise, Lickilicky, Marowak, Mawile, Miltank, Minun, Pikachu, Plusle, Politoed, Poliwrath, Quagsire, Raichu, Sableye, Shiftry, Slaking, Sudowoodo, Typhlosion, Vigoroth, Volbeat, and No Guard Machamp are the only Pokemon where it's even conceivable they'd run it instead of some other, better Fighting move. Most of them are non-notable Pokemon, Specially oriented, or not desperately wanting Fighting coverage. Frankly, Machamp, maybe Mega Charizard X, and maybe Miltank are about the only things that leap out at me as possibly using it.

Miltank might like Mega Kick, but she does have Brick Break and the shaky accuracy is a problem. Definitely Machamp because No Guard, and definitely not Zard X because it has its Fire STAB to handle Fairies and Steels (and also Brick Break if it really wants Fighting coverage).

Horn Drill is, at least, another OHKO move without an immunity, but it doesn't really matter that much anyway since Sheer Cold exists and no poke that learns it also gets Lock-On or Mind Reader.

Votes are in!

+Slack Off (By the someone <Snor & Bib>, Ghoul King <Regi's> and MegaGallade <See & Sphe>)
+Boomburst (By Ghoul King <Drif> and the someone <Yan, Elec & Bron> )
+Tri Attack (By MegaGallade <Klan, Prob, Bon & Jum>, the someone <Com, Wee & Exe> and Ghoul King <Rose> )

Bide Rock (By Yellow Skarmory and Ghoul King )
Mega Punch Fighting (By Yellow Skarmory and Ghoul King )
Bind Poison (By the someone )

Perish Song Ghost (By the someone and Ghoul King )
Bestow Ice (By Amitghosh )
Odor Sleuth Bug (By Ghoul King )
Please see the bottom of this post to see why Slam and Happy Hour are not here.

Thanks to all that submitted!
And now...

Moves to give to Pokemon (Note: Submissions that have already been made (i.e. Using the same type, with same moves and with the exact same justficiation as someone who submitted before) will not be included)

Horn Attack (New type: Bug)
Weather Ball (New type: Flying <default>)
Hyper Fang (New type: Dark)

Damaging moves

Guillotine
Chip Away
Pound
Comet Punch

Status moves

Block
Growth
Minimize
Recycle
Note: Extremely sorry for the lateness, again! I managed to get a bad cold during last week. Thanks for the cooperation.

Here are a few discussion points also:
  • We have a tie in the votes for 'Slam'! Along with the submissions, which option would you go for and why? Options:
  • Ground (Yellow Skarmory) Justification: 'Same type as tackle.'
  • Grass (Ghoul King) Justification: 'The description refers to hitting the target with a long tail, vine, or etc. Tail is type-ambiguous, but vine is most certainly Grass typing.'
  • We also have a tie in the votes for 'Happy Hour'! Along with the submissions, which option would you go for and why? Options:
  • Fairy (Yellow Skarmory) Justification: 'It is the closest type I could think of to a happiness type.'
  • Dark (Ghoul King) Justification: 'Exclusive to Inkay.'
Get submitting and thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Hyper Fang: Mawile

Mawile has jaws on the back of its head, and jaws are used for biting

Growth: Grass Type

All the Pokemon who get growth are grass type, with the exception of Illumise, Numel, and Camerupt

Recycle: Grass Type

Recycling is for protecting the environment, and going green

Weather Ball: Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza

The above three are the Legendary forces of nature

Horn Attack
Beedrill, Pinsir, Ariados, Scolipede, Gogoat
The first four are horned bugs while the last seems logical as Gogoat is based on, well, goats, which use their horns for fighting.

Hyper Fang
Sharpedo, Walrein, Huntail, Tyrantrum
All these Pokemon possess big, literal, visible fangs. Also, Hyper Fang is boosted by Strong Jaw which Mega Sharpedo and Tyrantrum have.

Weather Ball
Hippowdon, Abomasnow, Tyranitar, Ninetales, Politoed, Hippopotas, Snover, Vulpix
Pokemon that summon weather. EDIT: Might as well give it to the pre-evolutions who get weather-summoning abilities instead

Guillotine
Steel
Guillotines are made from steel.

Chip Away
Ground
Learned by primarily Fighting and Ground types. I'm going with the latter option.

Comet Punch
Steel
Comets are from space, and Meteor Mash is Steel type.

Block
Rock
Mostly learned by rock types.

Recycle
Psychic
A held item that was used magically reappears! (Also learned mostly by Psychic types.)

Last edited:
I prefer my submissions for both Slam and Happy Hour, but would rather have other people weigh in.

Don't make me tag you. You wouldn't like me... OK silly quote just say something, seriously.

Guillotine
Water type

Why: Learned primarily by Pokemon with claws akin to crab claws (And also Haxorus, interestingly), so same typing as Crabhammer.

Chip Away
Dragon type

Why: The Japanese name is Little by Little and the move description indicates that the attack is a rapid-fire continuous assault. I'm going for a combination of "puts a lot of pressure on the enemy" for Dragon typing and also a bit of more game-design logic of "the Dragon type isn't a great offensive type but it isn't a terrible one either" and thus a Dragon type Chip Away might see use but not be amazing. It also might make Druddigon more useful! Maybe. I can dream.

Pound
Fighting type

Why: It's basically "punches the enemy", without the specific requirement of having a fist.

Comet Punch
Fighting type

Why: Three of the five whole lines that can learn it are Fighting type, it's a punching move, and the Japanese name being Consecutive Punch doesn't provide an alternative line of reasoning. (I guess I could go "Rock because Comet" but that doesn't make much sense for a lot of reasons, and is just Rock Blast but bad)

Block
Fighting type

Why: The user spreads their arms wide to block the foe's escape. The Fighting type is the only type (Other than Psychic, and it's still less so) that is strongly associated with a humanoid form to provide said arms to block with. Plus it just fits, as Block is literally just an action of no special significance -it's not magic or anything.

Growth
Grass type

Why: Seconding Amitghosh's entry, though in my case the logic is that it's literally meant to be plant growth -made most obvious by its Gen IV-onward Sun behavior! It's honestly odd to me that it isn't Grass type already.

Minimize
Psychic type

Why: I was actually going to go by what all learns it, but it's a tiny list with three different equally "dominant" types (4 if you go to pre-Gen VI) so I've fallen back on the "wait how does that even work" logic of "It's magic and therefore Psychic".

Recycle
Psychic type

Why: Seconding Mega Gallade, partly by his logic but also partly because the single most common type to learn it is Psychic. (Which is odd, since the native level-up learners seem to operate on the same logic as Pick Up: "Look what I found lying around!")

Horn Attack
Recipients: Lapras, Excadrill, Rapidash, Xerneas, Beedrill

Why: All things that have some kind of horn that could conceivably be rammed into a foe. (Well, not precisely a horn for Beedrill) Useful to any of them? Dunno.

Hyper Fang
Recipients: Mightyena, Houndoom, Deino, Krookodile

Why: Dark types with biting prowess. And that Mega Gallade didn't ninja me on. Remember, it's Japanese name is Hatred Fang!

Weather Ball
Recipients: Tornadus, Articuno, Moltres, Zapdos

Why: Flying types with associations with weather. And also an attempt to make Tornadus less "Bad Thundurus".

Last edited:
Weather Ball
Charizard
The only weather inducer (sort of) that MegaGallade and Amitghosh didn't include.

Chip Away
Fighting
Attacking an opening just seems to be a fighting kind of strategy.

Minimize
Fairy
The user becomes smaller, and fairy types are typically really small. And the same kind of magic argument we use for Psychic I feel also fits Fairies.

I'm also fond of Ghoul King's suggestions for Slam and Happy Hour, especially Happy Hour. It'd be weird to me to give Inkay's exclusive move a type that Inkay isn't.

Horn Attack
Hitmontop
The only 'mon with Technician that has some kind of horn.

Weather Ball
Ludicolo, Shiftry, Oddish, Petillil
Pokemons related to weather that may enjoy it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)