Abusing Anti-metagame Threats

Hi guys, here's my first RMT at Smogon and I hope that u like the team/u give me some constructive advice!

At a glance:

@ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

My main wall. This guy is also my first weather counter (except sun) and also gives me very nice type coverage with the rest of the team. Leech Seed to recover some damage, Spikes to set up entry hazards and Power Whip and Gyro Ball act as STAB moves.

@ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

This guy is an effing beast and u know it. Basically, an incredible anti-metagame pokemon, which counters more than half of the metagame. Calm Mind to boost his great Special Attack and amazing bulk even higher, Psychic for STAB and Focus Blast for coverage.

@ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor

My revenge killer/glue. My first Thundurus, Sun, Tyranitar and Ferrothorn counter and my main physical attacker. Stone edge for Thundurus, Dragonite and Volcarona, Close Combat is my main STAB move and is for T-tar, Ferrothorn and Heatran, EQ for Rachi, Tentacruel and Metagross and X-scizzor for Reuniclus and Lati@s.

@ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

My SR setter/first special sweeper/second member of my F/G/W core. This guy is also my second steel type, gives me that valuable fire immunity and is my main sun counter. Fire blast for STAB and for Steels, Earth Power for T-tar, opposing Heatran and Tentacruel and HP Ice for Dragons. Finally Stealth Rocks is a must and is used to get residual damage. Air Balloon for Excadrill and Dragonite.

@ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover

My other wall/end of my F/G/W core/weather counter. This guy is amazing, and counters a lot of guys is this metagame like Thundurus or all kinds of weather. Toxic to get some residual damage going, Recover to recover damage (DUH!), Earth Power for Steels (who resist toxic) and Scald to burn crap.

@ Lum Berry
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

This guy is broken as hell, so its time to abuse it. Literally the best set-up sweeper on the game. This really needs no explanation. NP to set up, T-bolt for STAB and to hit waters, HP ice for Dragons, FB for Steels and Lum Berry to absorb status. That's it.

That's the end! Rate/Hate/Steal/Whatever.

Hey there. Cool team.

First thing I noticed is that you are severely weak to Excadrill; if Heatran loses it's Balloon you will get swept; no questions asked. Heatran is the most replaceable member of your team, so I suggest replacing it with a Skarmory.

Defensive Wall Skarmory
Skarmory@ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Speed
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Spikes

Skarmory is chosen over Gliscor because it will allow you to still run both Stealth Rock and Spikes on your team. Skarmory also acts as an excellent phazer, which can be extremely useful if you have both Spikes and Stealth Rock. Skarmory would also serve as your main physical wall, which would take some pressure off of Reuniclus on the physical side.

Since Skarmory is better off running Spikes than Stealth Rock, replace Spikes on Ferrothorn with SR. Skarmory will get more chances to set up than Ferrothorn will.

Run a Sassy Nature on Gastrodon, and run Earthquake over Earth Power. EQ allows Gastrodon to beat most variants of Volcarona more easily, and also lets it hit pokemon such as specially defensive Jirachi much harder.

Sun teams can be a major threat to your team, and so can Calm Mind Reuniclus. To fix this issue, replace Terrakion with a Choice Scarf Tyranitar. None of the pokes on your team are hurt by Sandstorm besides Thundurus regardless.

Choice Scarf Tyranitar
Tyranitar@ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sandstream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Ice Beam can be used over Superpower is you want to kill Gliscor / Dragonite; although DD Dragonite and Salamence will still outspeed you so it is not advised. Superpower on the other hand, lets you destroy other Tyranitars, as well as pokemon such as Terrakion and Heatran.

Good luck.

I like this team's structure alot. The only problem is that you lack a solid answer to dangerous sandstorm sweepers, Excadrill and Landorus. Once Heatran's balloon has been popped, Exca can grab a Swords Dance vs. Terrakion locked into X-Scissor (or Earthquake if it's carrying an Air Balloon of its own), and sweep you clean. Landorus is a bit easier to handle because you can pivot to Thundurus on a predicted Earthquake, but a good player will see that coming, Stone Edge for the KO, and then you're in alot of trouble. My suggestion is to use Skarmory over Ferrothorn. He still sets up spikes but he counters these two threats with ease. He's also not prone to Magnezone trapping thanks to Shed Shell, giving you an easier time against DragMag teams.

Skarmory @ Shed Shell | Impish | EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Spikes | Whirlwind | Roost | Brave Bird

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)