Done Adding TRs as held items

Little known fact, TRs can be held, and can be used with Fling. When thrown with Fling, the base power of Fling is the base power of the move taught by the TR. TRs with status moves have a power of 10, but TRs with attacking moves have varying base powers, with TR43 & TR71 having the coveted base power of 130, only previously obtainable by having an Iron Ball.

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
As for a more reputable source, OZY says the base power of the TR is identical to the base power of Fling. Status moves are apparently 10 BP. I can't find a source for the BP of Low Kick, Grass Knot, Metronome, Reversal, Gyro Ball, Heavy Slam, Electro Ball, and Stored Power, so this probably merits further testing. My guess is that they'll be based on "base BP" used in the damage formula (I'm not sure if Metronome will be 10 or not count).

EDIT: All of the above that I listed are 10 BP, except Stored Power, which is 20 BP. Tested myself.

Last edited:
just so that we're clear we should only add trs for overheat/leafstorm because i dont want 99 items bloating the teambuilder

Like we don't already have 99 items bloating the teambuilder?
Also, for all we know, some of those others could be useful for extremely specific roll things.
Honestly, I can think of some very specific niche uses for a lower BP (doubles match fling -> partner, weakness policy). Can we do something like we have with HP Type, but it only appears if a Technical Record is held? TR Fling Power with a dropdown of the possible powers?
Are y'all forgetting that Fling already works with a sh*tload of items that have practically any base power you could want?

Unless TRs can't be knocked off, then there's no reason to not add only the powerful ones.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Fling_(move)

YaBoiJD

Banned deucer.
Are y'all forgetting that Fling already works with a sh*tload of items that have practically any base power you could want?

Unless TRs can't be knocked off, then there's no reason to not add only the powerful ones.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Fling_(move)
it still has competitive use in it, so it's getting added.

Pokemon showdown is a battle simulator for competitive Pokemon, if there is anything that can be used competitively, it can be used and will be added to showdown because of it's competitive use.

Last edited:
it still has competitive use in it, so it's getting added.

Pokemon showdown is a battle simulator for competitive Pokemon, if there is anything that can be used competitively, it can be used and will be added to showdown because of it's competitive use.
In that case, we would need to add literally every single item.

Potions.
Vitamins
Scarves
Feathers
E V E R Y T H I N G

YaBoiJD

Banned deucer.
In that case, we would need to add literally every single item.

Potions.
Vitamins
Scarves
Feathers
E V E R Y T H I N G
afaik those do not have competitive use. and as I said before, Showdown! simulates online battles, and items such as potions can't be used in an online battle.

and regarding to what Kris said, those items will eventually be added to showdown someday

afaik those do not have competitive use. and as I said before, Showdown! simulates online battles, and items such as potions can't be used in an online battle.

and regarding to what Kris said, those items will eventually be added to showdown someday
They have the same use as TRs: being flung.

bruh trs are everywhere is randomized metas
Yeah I've been playing hackmons wondering where they've all been coming from. Really cuts back on the chance of a useful held item appearing. I'll miss the times of things like Silk Scarf + Normalize randomly appearing on the same mon. Half my teams have had TR held items since this update. I think it's useful outside of randomized metas. I rarely see Fling there anyways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)