Official ADV Baton Pass Voting

Status
Not open for further replies.
This vote will use the Instant-Runoff Voting method, so if you're unfamiliar with that, read carefully. There are three options for this vote (see below), and you must list each option number, bolded, in your post in the order of your preference. Your numbers MUST be bolded to count, so don't forget to do that. Here are the options:

1. Leave everything as it is (do not ban Baton Pass in any way)
  2. Ban the use of Baton Pass on more than two Pokemon per team
  3. Ban Ingrain on Smeargle
In order for options 2 or 3 to be implemented in any way for the Tour, they will need to hit a super majority (2/3 + 1). You may post reasoning for your vote if you'd like, but it's not necessary. Just make sure that the only bolded text in your post are the numbers for each option. Here's what a proper vote would look like:
Sample Vote said:

I don't think Baton Pass should be banned at all, but if it is, I think banning Ingrain on Smeargle would be the best way to do it
If you don't understand or have any questions, just PM me and I'll be glad to help.

Here's the list of qualified voters, which I will be updating as people identify:

Aeroblacktyl
Bluewind
Carl
dbolt
DracoMalfoy
Earthworm
ENZ0
extra.
Floppy
G80
Golden Sun
goofball
Heist
Hipmonlee
idiotfrommars
Ik.
JabbaTheGriffin
Jackal
Jumpman16
Kevin Garrett
Krack
LizardMan
locopoke
M Dragon
Mekkah
Mooo
Nachos
reyscarface
Royal Flush
Sapientia
shrapn3l
SkyNet
Somebody
Synre
Windsong
Yondie
Zeph

Just a reminder to all admins or super mods who are voting, be sure to soft delete your post in order for this thing to remain "blind".

Votes must be submitted by 11:59pm (GMT-5) on Thursday, March 24th.

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

I don't really have any problems against Baton Pass, but I think if the focus is taken off it, ADV will become a more enjoyable metagame.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

A well played BatonPass Team usually loses only to a critical hit in few situations and even though very few people play BP that good it could be enough to just ban Ingrain, but BP is still very annoying, not really funny and heard to beat, so I prefer option 2 over option 3

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion

bad strategy for bad players, requires minimal skill to use, etc. i hope this testing period has shown everyone that bp isn't broken, just annoying. perhaps the old stigma of "if you use bp, you're bad" will return.

I do not believe Baton Pass is broken at all, just slightly annoying if you are unprepared or play badly. Nobody had a problem with it before, so I am not sure why it is being brought up now.

I believe banning Ingrain on Smeargle may be the best option for a ban if neccesary because it still lets Baton Pass be a viable playstyle, but nerfs the team enough to make less people whine about it since it would require much more timing and skill to pull off.

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion

I think the fact that somebody who never played ADV can still qualify to vote by abusing BP proves how broken it is.

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus

Phil Edit: This is now Carl's vote. Umby didn't apply to vote -__-.

As much as I'd like to clause BP, I can't really back doing so in good faith. The game is more fun without it, but it isn't broken with it, and that's the measure I believe I'm expected to use on Smogon. It's not really the way I'd like to do things, but I'm supporting a system.

As I suspect will be the popular stance beyond that, the Ingrain passing clause(3) is a much less limiting and cleaner way to ban BP teams than option (2), so I ordered those options as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)