ADV Doubles Trivia: In Norman's rematch in Emerald, he fights you with two Slakings and a Skill Swap Chansey.
The following clauses are in effect:
- Species Clause
- Evasion Clause
- OHKO Clause
- Deoxys-S (NEW!)
- Latias (NEW!)
- Deoxys-Defense (NEW!)
- ADV Doubles format can be accessed in challenges through Gen 3 Custom Doubles Game on Showdown.
- The most important: When a Pokemon is made to faint, the replacement is sent in before the turn ends.
- There is no team preview. The first two slots on your team are your lead.
- Types are physical or special, not moves.
- Hidden Power exists and has 70 BP.
- Protect has a 1/2 chance of working in succession, instead of 1/3.
- Spread moves have 50% damage reduction, instead of 75%.
- Spread moves that target the entire field (Earthquake, Explosion) have no spread reduction.
- Type-specific boosting items like Charcoal only boost moves by 10%.
- Steel resists Ghost and Dark.
- Explosion deals double damage.
- Sandstorm does not boost Rock types' Sp.Def.
- Ability-summoned weather conditions are permanent.
- Surf does not damage your ally.
- Critical hits do 2x damage.
- KyleCole's LatiDoom
- qsns's Normal Spam
- SEA's Sand Special Offense
- Xrn's Heracross Special Offense
- zee's Superman
- xzern's sun
- finally's ddance
- xzern's rain (updated by zee)
- SEA's GarKou
Deoxys-S Meta Samples
Viability Rankings (done in alphabetical order!)
Interested in doubles history? Here are some of the oldest doubles threads on the planet.
ADV Doubles council:
- What are some other good mons? Cores? Leads? Teams?
- Lead metagame: Some thought should be put into your first two mons, how can you secure early momentum?
- The sample sets that I posted might not be perfect. If you have any additions or ideas, you are free to post about it.
- Is Explosion too volatile?
- Can we free anything else? Mew? Latios?