Albatross' Nest - (Commissions Closed ATM)

Albatross

Loosely Resembling Some Variety Of Bird
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributor
Hi I'm Back Don't Look At The Time Stamps It Has Not Been 6 Months Since My Previous Post Here Hello

There are 31 of these. That's so many. It should be illegal to have that much art

The original thread is here in case you want to look at it

This was The First One (prompt: Desolation), and the first time I've seriously attempted screentone. Tried it in the past but I figured that, since I'm participating in Inktober but I hate using Ink, I might as well use screentone and get as close as I can to ink-art digitally without actually, y'know, using ink

The prompt here was Crooked, so I drew funny Espeon with crooked tail(s). Get used to this level of creative insight bc that's all you're gonna get

Unmbreenon, for Glow (on day 3). I didn't plan to draw all the eeveelutions when I started, it just kinda happened for some reason and I let it happen like a coward

Leafeom smoking a fat blumt
This was for Stench I Think

Flareom!! For Smog!!!! I didn't want to draw famous Smogon mascot Koffing bc that's dumb and lame

This Sylveom was for Treat! The Trick Was Having To See A Furry!!

Vaproeom (it is Fading into the water, which also happens to be the prompt. that's pretty crazy)

Jolteon. They Are Running. The prompt was Frisky but I didn't know what to do and I didn't know how to fit in Jolteon otherwise so I just. Drew Joltoen running. Incredible

Glaoecom (For Shiver) :)

This is apparently Eevee. For Hiss. I think it took Not That Long because I was Busy so it came out Bad

Congrats, that was the last of the Eevee line. You've made it this far, only like twenty more images to look at!

Broom :)

Pumppkin :)) By this point I was. Honestly getting tired of spending an hour-two hours drawing a full piece every day. Normally I do at least a sketch or something every day, but a full drawing with actual lineart and shading?? That's messed up. No one should have to do that every day

In case it wasn't clear having to upload all of these drawings one by one and write a caption for all of them is also messed up and making me want to cry. But that's ok

This was for grave! I drew a dead child! You're welcome :)

Fog. For the prompt. And I drew Altaria, which is made of clouds, which is kind of the same thing?

Delphox casting A Spell on Someone

Rot(ten apple)

Dilapidated log!! Old rotten logs are incredibly fun to draw, even if I didn't go into too much detail with the rot n stuff bc of the fact that I don't have unlimited time to create daily art. Maybe I shall draw funny logs in the future, who knows?

Sableye for Goblins! I almost missed this funky little dude while compiling my art! Didn't want to go with the stereotypical goblin look so I just drew a fucked up lookin Sableye

Mawile, for Maw. An inspired choice really. Both me and the fellow Smogon Artist completing this challenge (Error403HRD, whose art thread you may look at here) drew Mawile, but we both had different takes on the fella so who cares lol

Suicune doing a big ol' Howl. I'm mildly obsessed with drawing fucked up mouths - have you ever seriously looked at a dog's mouth? They're genuinely awful, I love dogs but I completely understand why people are afraid of them - so a good chunk of these have just featured kinda freaky looking mouths with sharp teeth. Because that's fun to me :)

Diance for Crystal. I was on a serious time crunch so I only spent about an hour on this, hence why Diance's big gem on the centre of their forehead is not a Zircon cut like I believe Diance's gem actually is? It's just a giant blob of transparent gem here lol

Swanna with Water. Nothing else to add here. I just wanted to draw funny bird

The funky Moon Bat for the funky Moon Prompt. Again I think Error403HRD and I drew the same mon but in a different style + theirs was a fullbody so whatever lol

Sword :) for the prompt Sword :) This is specifically a rapier bc rapiers are Cool

Gardevoir with Enchant. I just really, really wanted to draw Gardevoir. Not for any weird reason. I just felt like drawing a humanoid.

Limtwick (for Candle)

My good fella Jirachi for Star :)

Axmew (for Dizzy I think I can't be bothered to check)

Wurmple. For Crawl? Bc worms crawl around. I think. Personally I do not know how to describe a worm's method of locomotion but I think a Crawl or a Slither is most accurate

Patch; used Beware because it was the only plush-based Pokemon I could think of to use. I know Banette exists but at the time I completely forgot about it lol

The final one :) Me (Albatross) (The Bird) for Triumph. Because I (The Bird) was triumphant.

Congrats on making it to the end of this spoiler. There's no prize other than the satisfaction of knowing that you've looked at some of my art. Well Done.

Pikachu, lineart done by Kolohe and colour + shading done by Me (Albatross). I genuinely cannot remember what this is for bc it was so long ago lol sorry

WOah, pretty moth for (I think) August's Mon Of The Month! Pretty rad

Palossand + Drapion fusion for that one Pokemon fusion thread. Pretty cool if you ask me.

Lil baby Cyndaquil for the Limited Palette thread thing :)

I'm not gonna link all the articles here bc I'm physically too gay for it. So just go look for them yourself if you really want to read them ig

Also I'm not going in chronological order bc some of these articles came out a few days after the art was completed and some came out Multiple Months After

Calyrex-S, the scourge of SWSH Gen 8 according to some players and a perfectly balanced threat according the majority. They're kinda just chilling here

One of two illustrations for the funny Jungle Biology article. I actually genuinely hate doing background so much because I am so miserable and bad at them, but I think this turned out pretty ok, so that's neat

And also Noivern! For the same Jungle Biology article. Fun fact this was originally set during day time but then it was decided to make it night bc I, in all my genius, drew Noivern, a nocturnal being, in the brightass day. So with a lot of colour correction we got this :)

For an article about BW's Monotype meta. Pretty gnarly

Fuck Weavile, All My Homies Hate Weavile. Just look at the carnage Weavile has wreaked on beloved OU staples :(
For an OU Spotlight about Weavile :)

They're running on a wet surface!! Don't they know that's incredibly dangerous???? They could trip over and die!
Uhhhh this was for another BW article, this one about Rain in BW OU iirc? Very cool

Zekrom using Bolt Beak?? That's crazy, Zekrom shouldn't be able to use that move.
For an article about Physical Attackers in SWSH BH (woah) (crazy)

This was for a pet mod that was never posted on the forums :(

This one was posted on the forums though! Pretty nifty. Features two top-tier threats; Arcanine (who is Fire/Ground and has some other changes that I can't remember too) and Sylveon (who is Fairy/Electric and is a menace and was also submitted by me. Pretty cool)

And finally, a banner for the official Pet Mod Premier League! Featuring mascots for all the pet mods played, from left to right: Arceus for NatDex BH (which I don't think is a pet mod anymore? it might still be? I dont know lol); Mega Raichu from Megas From All (whose design was made by a very cool fella named InkBug iirc); Darmanitan for Alternatium; Manicuno from Fusion Evolution UU (designed by AquaticPanic); Ledian for Hoenn Gaiden; and Faerenheit for uhhhhh Restrictions I think it's called? I can't remember and I cba to look it up lol. I am also not sure who designed Faerenheit, but it wasn't me. I can guarantee that.

I'm just gonna upload these straight from my laptop instead of posting via Discord URL, so if these images all break at some point sorry but I'm not gonna spend the next two hours posting all of these properly x
aroofaondo.png
esscargoo.png
exolotl.png
horatekku.png
skunking.png
terricks.png

These are all for a gen 2-based pet mod called Crystal: Sevii Islands (or just Sevii Islands for short). All were designed by me, with help from the Sevii Island discord server :)

tenoris.png
galarianklefkilure.png
galarianklefkirevealed.png

These funky fellas are for a Discord pet mods project. The first is an alternative Swablu evolution, and the second & third are a forme-changing Galarian Kefki, which is pretty nifty. All three designs by me (the bird)

magcargohoenn.png
delphoxhoenn.png
meganiumhoenn.png
samurotthoenn.png

Another set of pet mod fellas, these for an Legends: Arceus inspired pet mod called Legends: Hoopa. The first uses Magcargo's BW sprite as a base, and the third also uses Meganium's sprite as a base, but the second and fourth were made completely from scratch

altaria-l.png
beedrill-mega-bi.png
buzzwole-l.png
eiscue-ace.png
furfrou-db.png
furfrou-dg.png
garchomp-mega-l.png
gardevoir-pg.png
haxorus-l.png
honchkrow-bi.png
hydreigon-gq.png
kyurem-pride.png
lurantis-l.png
luxray-p.png
marill-t.png
mawile-mega-bi.png
meganium-flage.png
milotic-pg.png
murkrow-bi.png
murkrow-nb.png
necrozma-aro.png
overqwil-ace.png
raboot-p.png
rayquaza-mega-abrio-2.png
snorunt-t.png
spheal-aro.png
ursaluna-ace.png

An entire slab of LGBTQ+ flag recolours, you love to see it. 90% of these are for the Pridemons thread in Smeargles Laptop, but a few (like Lesbian Buzzwole) are self-indulgent recolours or made for fellas on Discord (like Mega Bi-drill)
In case you were wondering; Rainbow Kyurem, AceBiro Rayquaza and Aromantic Necrozma all took ages. Multiple colours + complicated designs led to a good hour or so spent on them lol. Absolutely worth it though, they all look fabulous :)
In case these sprites all break, they've all been posted here so go look at them with your eyes + look at the other Pridemons too while you're at it maybe perhaps

Also semi-related, two random sketches made of two Sevii Island fakemon made during a vc where people talked about the mod and I streamed myself drawing in the background

Y'all ever heard of uhhhhh Rain World?

I kinda got really into it a while ago, even though I've never played it lol. Not quite as interested now (I still really like it ofc), but I have some artwork from a couple of months ago for it

Such as this drawing of one of the (dlc) playable characters in a maid dress

And this drawing of one of the other (dlc) playable characters in a maid dress

And this commission of someone's slugcat oc in a maid dress

Ok they're not all of characters in maid dresses I promise

There's also this unfinished piece that I really cannot be bothered to complete

And these funky fellas for a hypothetical mod project (design by me, concept for the fellas not by me, if you're interested then check out this video which is what it was made for. Pretty cool.)

Finishing off with this old DeviantArt banner (which is why this one is watermarked). I deleted my DA account due to a lot of shenanigans revolving around DA being overrun by AI art and art theft and also I think they're making you pay for their anti-NFT security measures which is pretty ??? So no more DeviantArt account. I do have an Inkblot account ig, but I barely post on that lol

Anyways see you all in half a year :)

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
Hi I'm Back Don't Look At The Time Stamps It Has Not Been 6 Months Since My Previous Post Here Hello

There are 31 of these. That's so many. It should be illegal to have that much art

This was The First One (prompt: Desolation), and the first time I've seriously attempted screentone. Tried it in the past but I figured that, since I'm participating in Inktober but I hate using Ink, I might as well use screentone and get as close as I can to ink-art digitally without actually, y'know, using ink

The prompt here was Crooked, so I drew funny Espeon with crooked tail(s). Get used to this level of creative insight bc that's all you're gonna get

Unmbreenon, for Glow (on day 3). I didn't plan to draw all the eeveelutions when I started, it just kinda happened for some reason and I let it happen like a coward

Flareom!! For Smog!!!! I didn't want to draw famous Smogon mascot Koffing bc that's dumb and lame

Vaproeom (it is Fading into the water, which also happens to be the prompt. that's pretty crazy)

Jolteon. They Are Running. The prompt was Frisky but I didn't know what to do and I didn't know how to fit in Jolteon otherwise so I just. Drew Joltoen running. Incredible

This is apparently Eevee. For Hiss. I think it took Not That Long because I was Busy so it came out Bad

Congrats, that was the last of the Eevee line. You've made it this far, only like twenty more images to look at!

Pumppkin :)) By this point I was. Honestly getting tired of spending an hour-two hours drawing a full piece every day. Normally I do at least a sketch or something every day, but a full drawing with actual lineart and shading?? That's messed up. No one should have to do that every day

In case it wasn't clear having to upload all of these drawings one by one and write a caption for all of them is also messed up and making me want to cry. But that's ok

Fog. For the prompt. And I drew Altaria, which is made of clouds, which is kind of the same thing?

Rot(ten apple)

Dilapidated log!! Old rotten logs are incredibly fun to draw, even if I didn't go into too much detail with the rot n stuff bc of the fact that I don't have unlimited time to create daily art. Maybe I shall draw funny logs in the future, who knows?

Sableye for Goblins! I almost missed this funky little dude while compiling my art! Didn't want to go with the stereotypical goblin look so I just drew a fucked up lookin Sableye

Mawile, for Maw. An inspired choice really. Both me and the fellow Smogon Artist completing this challenge (Error403HRD, whose art thread you may look at here) drew Mawile, but we both had different takes on the fella so who cares lol

Suicune doing a big ol' Howl. I'm mildly obsessed with drawing fucked up mouths - have you ever seriously looked at a dog's mouth? They're genuinely awful, I love dogs but I completely understand why people are afraid of them - so a good chunk of these have just featured kinda freaky looking mouths with sharp teeth. Because that's fun to me :)

Diance for Crystal. I was on a serious time crunch so I only spent about an hour on this, hence why Diance's big gem on the centre of their forehead is not a Zircon cut like I believe Diance's gem actually is? It's just a giant blob of transparent gem here lol

The funky Moon Bat for the funky Moon Prompt. Again I think Error403HRD and I drew the same mon but in a different style + theirs was a fullbody so whatever lol

Sword :) for the prompt Sword :) This is specifically a rapier bc rapiers are Cool

Gardevoir with Enchant. I just really, really wanted to draw Gardevoir. Not for any weird reason. I just felt like drawing a humanoid.

Limtwick (for Candle)

Wurmple. For Crawl? Bc worms crawl around. I think. Personally I do not know how to describe a worm's method of locomotion but I think a Crawl or a Slither is most accurate

Patch; used Beware because it was the only plush-based Pokemon I could think of to use. I know Banette exists but at the time I completely forgot about it lol

The final one :) Me (Albatross) (The Bird) for Triumph. Because I (The Bird) was triumphant.

Congrats on making it to the end of this spoiler. There's no prize other than the satisfaction of knowing that you've looked at some of my art. Well Done.

Pikachu, lineart done by Kolohe and colour + shading done by Me (Albatross). I genuinely cannot remember what this is for bc it was so long ago lol sorry

Palossand + Drapion fusion for that one Pokemon fusion thread. Pretty cool if you ask me.

I'm not gonna link all the articles here bc I'm physically too gay for it. So just go look for them yourself if you really want to read them ig

Also I'm not going in chronological order bc some of these articles came out a few days after the art was completed and some came out Multiple Months After

Calyrex-S, the scourge of SWSH Gen 8 according to some players and a perfectly balanced threat according the majority. They're kinda just chilling here

One of two illustrations for the funny Jungle Biology article. I actually genuinely hate doing background so much because I am so miserable and bad at them, but I think this turned out pretty ok, so that's neat

And also Noivern! For the same Jungle Biology article. Fun fact this was originally set during day time but then it was decided to make it night bc I, in all my genius, drew Noivern, a nocturnal being, in the brightass day. So with a lot of colour correction we got this :)

Fuck Weavile, All My Homies Hate Weavile. Just look at the carnage Weavile has wreaked on beloved OU staples :(

They're running on a wet surface!! Don't they know that's incredibly dangerous???? They could trip over and die!
Uhhhh this was for another BW article, this one about Rain in BW OU iirc? Very cool

Zekrom using Bolt Beak?? That's crazy, Zekrom shouldn't be able to use that move.

This one was posted on the forums though! Pretty nifty. Features two top-tier threats; Arcanine (who is Fire/Ground and has some other changes that I can't remember too) and Sylveon (who is Fairy/Electric and is a menace and was also submitted by me. Pretty cool)

And finally, a banner for the official Pet Mod Premier League! Featuring mascots for all the pet mods played, from left to right: Arceus for NatDex BH (which I don't think is a pet mod anymore? it might still be? I dont know lol); Mega Raichu from Megas From All (whose design was made by a very cool fella named InkBug iirc); Darmanitan for Alternatium; Manicuno from Fusion Evolution UU (designed by AquaticPanic); Ledian for Hoenn Gaiden; and Faerenheit for uhhhhh Restrictions I think it's called? I can't remember and I cba to look it up lol. I am also not sure who designed Faerenheit, but it wasn't me. I can guarantee that.

I'm just gonna upload these straight from my laptop instead of posting via Discord URL, so if these images all break at some point sorry but I'm not gonna spend the next two hours posting all of these properly x
View attachment 463137View attachment 463138View attachment 463139View attachment 463140View attachment 463141View attachment 463142
These are all for a gen 2-based pet mod called Crystal: Sevii Islands (or just Sevii Islands for short). All were designed by me, with help from the Sevii Island discord server :)

View attachment 463143View attachment 463144View attachment 463145
These funky fellas are for a Discord pet mods project. The first is an alternative Swablu evolution, and the second & third are a forme-changing Galarian Kefki, which is pretty nifty. All three designs by me (the bird)

View attachment 463146View attachment 463147View attachment 463148View attachment 463149
Another set of pet mod fellas, these for an Legends: Arceus inspired pet mod called Legends: Hoopa. The first uses Magcargo's BW sprite as a base, and the third also uses Meganium's sprite as a base, but the second and fourth were made completely from scratch

View attachment 463175View attachment 463176View attachment 463150View attachment 463151View attachment 463152View attachment 463153View attachment 463154View attachment 463155View attachment 463156View attachment 463157View attachment 463158View attachment 463159View attachment 463160View attachment 463161View attachment 463162View attachment 463163View attachment 463164View attachment 463165View attachment 463166View attachment 463167View attachment 463168View attachment 463169View attachment 463170View attachment 463171View attachment 463172View attachment 463173View attachment 463174
An entire slab of LGBTQ+ flag recolours, you love to see it. 90% of these are for the Pridemons thread in Smeargles Laptop, but a few (like Lesbian Buzzwole) are self-indulgent recolours or made for fellas on Discord (like Mega Bi-drill)
In case you were wondering; Rainbow Kyurem, AceBiro Rayquaza and Aromantic Necrozma all took ages. Multiple colours + complicated designs led to a good hour or so spent on them lol. Absolutely worth it though, they all look fabulous :)
In case these sprites all break, they've all been posted here so go look at them with your eyes + look at the other Pridemons too while you're at it maybe perhaps

Also semi-related, two random sketches made of two Sevii Island fakemon made during a vc where people talked about the mod and I streamed myself drawing in the background

I kinda got really into it a while ago, even though I've never played it lol. Not quite as interested now (I still really like it ofc), but I have some artwork from a couple of months ago for it

And these funky fellas for a hypothetical mod project (design by me, concept for the fellas not by me, if you're interested then check out this video which is what it was made for. Pretty cool.)

Finishing off with this old DeviantArt banner (which is why this one is watermarked). I deleted my DA account due to a lot of shenanigans revolving around DA being overrun by AI art and art theft and also I think they're making you pay for their anti-NFT security measures which is pretty ??? So no more DeviantArt account. I do have an Inkblot account ig, but I barely post on that lol

This is so good wow, you are one ridiculous bird…

Um uh actually blah blah blah, L+Loser…
Mega Raichu was designed by Ink Hema and ausma btw

Rot(ten apple)

Limtwick (for Candle)

View attachment 463137View attachment 463138View attachment 463139View attachment 463140View attachment 463141View attachment 463142

View attachment 463146View attachment 463147View attachment 463148View attachment 463149

View attachment 463175View attachment 463176View attachment 463150View attachment 463151View attachment 463152View attachment 463153View attachment 463154View attachment 463155View attachment 463156View attachment 463157View attachment 463158View attachment 463159View attachment 463160View attachment 463161View attachment 463162View attachment 463163View attachment 463164View attachment 463165View attachment 463166View attachment 463167View attachment 463168View attachment 463169View attachment 463170View attachment 463171View attachment 463172View attachment 463173View attachment 463174

Albatross is back at it with bangers

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head

Rot(ten apple)

Limtwick (for Candle)

the spectrier, bw ou rain banner, the dewpider portrait, the october daily sketches of delphox/sableye/the albatross: some of my favorites to come from the art scene in a while, really really gorgeous stuff

if it takes 6 months for us to see this sort of high quality, thoughtful work then i insist you hibernate

Albatross

Doing a quick post as a request to get some truly marvellous art into the public. I'll have a meatier update out at some point but until then enormous thanks for all the kind comments, you're all great and I appreciate it so much thank you,,,,

Anyways

Albatross

Smash Epic work
Pass (on the smash comment) (thank you x)

Hello again Albatross fans, today I come bearing multiple artistic gifts for you to enjoy.

Also, small announcement? I have a Ko-Fi now, which means you (the people) can give money to me (the bird)! Marvellous!

To incentivise the masses (thats you) to open your wallet, for every $15 you donate you can request a thing for me to sketch. and I will sketch it for you. and also colour it in. This applies for donations over $15 - $30 donations get 2 requests, $45 donations get 3 requests, etc. These aren't "official" commissions or anything, just a fun little bonus for donating :) This'll last until the end of February, so enjoy it while it lasts x
A sample sketch demonstrating the type of quality you can expect to see is shown below:

Snorlax jumpscare

Adding onto that, you ever wanted a really cool looking avatar made by me, Albatross? Well luckily for you, for the low low price of $30 I can make you a fully rendered 1500x1500px avatar! Make sure to fully read my Terms of Service before pming me about it. This is basically a trial run so I can gauge if commissions are cool and something I want to offer fully in the future. For rn I have 3 (edit: 2) slots open, so I'll update this thread once they've filled up

Commissioned by Aqua Jet
(The commission won't come with a big ol' watermark, that's only for when I'm posting it online such as right now)
To summarise:
  • With a $15+ donation here you make a request for a coloured sketch
  • I'm offering fully rendered 1500x1500px avatars for $30, 2 slots available
Anyways, on with the arte

A Floatzel, also for Aqua Jet :) Not much else to add here asides from haha funny water weasel

And an Umbreon for Estarossa! A very glowey fella :)

A banner for, as you might've guessed, the Sword and Shield Monotype Megathread. At least that's what I vaguely remember it was for, this was from at least two months ago lol. Since making this I've switched to a different shading style that works better for me & looks better imo, but I still think this turned out pretty ok :)

It's fucked up that they would rate funny pepper crocodile 4/5 (low score given Doubles LC's ranking system), I personally would give funny pepper crocodile a very high score such as 1/5 (high score given Doubles LC's ranking system)
A banner for the Doubles LC Viability Rankings thread! That's quite the title! Was also messing around with the shading here a bit, it's slightly more cell shaded than the previous banner but I think it works really well here :)

Modern Generation One Banner

Noooooo Kyurem don't partake in gambling it's a slippery slope that'll leave you in crippling debt noooo
A request for funny tournament banner! I hate rendering ice with a burning passion but. this still looks nice regardless of the fudged ice shading lol

Another tournament banner? Man, that's crazy. Anyways here's fucked up bastard child Gholdengo with the most extra gold rendering I could muster. I hate the mon's design and. basically everything else but at least I can go nuts with the gold rendering

For this article about that 7 star Cinderace raid. I haven't played SV but I experienced the raid vicariously through watching friends talk about it. Art here was a little rushed bc I had.. a week? to make it, but it's still passable :)

For a friend's team :)

Hey look it's that guy from that series. I think his name is mewthree? idk. kinda funny though
Anyways uhhhhh haha funny mega mewtwo y for trivia questions relating to Special Attack. Because this fella has way too much damn special attack
Also I drew this all at once in a frenzied daze at 11pm in a 4 hour art marathon so I hope that context adds a lot to this. Because it certainly does for me

The funny cat, for some question about the move Copycat or something idk

The jellyfishe, for generic questions about generation 5 (which these jellyfishe are from)

Cat Skull bottom text

Two arts for the same project; a friend hosted a Secret Santa inspired event wherein we submitted a prompt to make a Fakemon around, and then were given the prompts randomly to- well you know how Secret Santa works. The first critter was my prompt, just a design with nothing else (it's name is Dust Bunnie and it is evil) and the second critter is a Fairy/Poison birde named Tartridge

For a different Secret Santa, this time Smeargle's Secret Santa. Whoah.

& a lovecraftian nightmare mon that is the ungodly result of fusing Melmetal with Cetitan

A very quick (45 minutes I think..?) shaded sketch of the Slug Cat themselves. Very cool

Also, some custom iterator designs made for fun :)

Also an avatar made by me for me :)

Hope you all have a good day. Or don't. See if I care xox

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)