All Buffs and Nerfs in Pokemon Scarlet/Violet

You forgot to talk about the new genie signature moves;
- Windbolt Storm (Thundurus)
- Sandsear Storm (Landorus)
- Bleakwind Storm (Tornadus)
- Springtide Storm (Enamorus)
They're all Special but I do not recall their effects.

Aerial Ace is a TM just like in BDSP, Garchomp and many others keep it.

I am kind of sad they changed H-Goodra's ability to Shell Armor, Overcoat was so much better.

They really gave many Pokémon Stealth Rock and Spikes, I don't really play Singles but good luck to the OU warriors.

Can we do an even more insulting treatment for Talonflame? Going from essential OU in gen6 to a pokemon that loses its cheat ability one gen later, so the players say to themselves ok Defensive talonflame lets go !! And now in gen9 they remove defog but he earns rain dance, I repeat RAIN DANCE!!! A F***ing fire bird can now put the rain on the field... Game Freak why did you create this poke if you nerf it every gen ??

Can we do an even more insulting treatment for Talonflame? Going from essential OU in gen6 to a pokemon that loses its cheat ability one gen later, so the players say to themselves ok Defensive talonflame lets go !! And now in gen9 they remove defog but he earns rain dance, I repeat RAIN DANCE!!! A F***ing fire bird can now put the rain on the field... Game Freak why did you create this poke if you nerf it every gen ??
They don't know what they're doing, and don't seem to have any direction when it comes to balancing. Some of these nerfs/buffs just don't seem to make any sense when you compare them to others.

Oh Geez Lets All watch as The opening of the floodgates to Competitive is absolutely Broken beyond belief

And is it just me or does gamefreak have a bone with Competitive

It's gonna be weird with Scald basically gone, Chilling Waters is an interesting replacement but won't nearly as much impact. Also think it's almost comical how many mons now get hazards. There's gonna be a lot to look forward to in this gen.

Offense has gotten a substantial boost from teratilize, wider distribution of base 110/120 power moves and entry hazards and some very powerful more like ice godizilla and the paradox forms.

Some pokemon that appear to have been nerfed is toxapex and weavile. The ice leopard is going to knock it down many levels

I dunno, 100% accurate Hurricane seems nice with that Rain Dance. Seems kinda gimmicky.

Scald is now the signature move to Volcanion (which has Steam Eruption anyway), no one else learns it via level-up and loses it (Slowbro, Toxapex, Gastrodon, etc.)
Recover, Roost, Slack Off and such had the PP reduced from 10 PP to 5 PP by default
Hail is replaced by Snowstorm which boosts the Def of Ice-types the same way Sandstorm boosts the Sp. Def of Rock-types
Most of the Gen 8 tutor moves are gone (Triple Axel, Poltergeist, Scorching Sands, etc.) and the ones that are there are few and rarely distributed (Salamence with Dual Wingbeat), i would still go over the most note-worthy examples
Headlong Rush is now a Ground-type Close Combat
Wave Crash is now a Water-type Flare Blitz/Wood Hammer (completing the starter type trio)
Raging Fury is Fire-type Outrage
Trailblaze is a Grass-type Flame Charge
Ice Spinner is a 80 BP physical move that removes Terrain
Axe Kick is like Jump Kick but with a chance to confuse still has recoil if it misses
Last Respects is a physical Ghost move that gets stronger depending on how many team members are dead
Chilling Waters is a 50 BP special move that always lowers Atk (Scald replacement)

Wigglytuff gets Nasty Plot
Golduck gets Nasty Plot
H-Arcanine gets STAB Head Smash, Justified HA replace with Rock Head, alongside Extreme Speed and Close Combat
Slowbro (and by assioication Slowking) loses Teleport and Scald
Muk gets Toxic Spikes
Gengar lost Sludge Wave
Scyther (and by assoication Scizor and Kleavor) all keep Close Combat from PLA, but loses Dual Wingbeat and Bug Bite
All Eeveelutions get Calm Mind and Trailblaze (no exceptions)
Vaporeon loses Toxic
Flareon loses Superpower
G-Articuno, G-Zapdos, and G-Moltres all get Tailwind
Dragonite loses Defog and Dual Wingbeat
Mewtwo gets Earth Power

Ampharos gets Dazzling Gleam
Sudowoodo gets Trailblaze and Spikes
Espeon finally gets Power Gem
Scizor gets Close Combat, but loses Roost, Dual Wingbeat and Bug Bite
Forrertress gets Body Press
Blissey lost Wish
Tyranitar gets Power Gem, but loses High Horsepower and Superpower

Pelipper loses Defog
Gardevoir keeps Aura Sphere from PLA (if you don't like using Focus Miss), but loses Ally Switch. Gallade also loses Ally Switch
Breloom gets Close Combat and Gunk Shot
Hariyama gets Drain Punch and Headlong Rush
Sableye gets Giga Drain
Medicham gets Axe Kick and Trailblaze
Grumpig gets Nasty Plot (from BD/SP), Dazzling Gleam, and Earth Power
Swalot gets Stuffed Checks, Sword Dance, and Toxic Spikes
Zangoose gets Belly Drum and Agility
Banette gets Sword Dance
Tropius gets Hurricane and U-Turn
Rayquaza gets U-Turn and Stealth Rock

Luxray gets Trailblaze but loses Superpower
Vepiquen gets Spikes
Floatzel gets Wave Crash and Ice Spinner
Gastrodon loses Scald but gets Stealth Rock, Spikes, and Chilling Water
Garchomp gets Spikes and Liquidation
Weavile loses Triple Axel and Knock Off but gets Ice Spinner
Gallade now has the new ability Sharpness which increase the power of slashing moves like Psycho Cut, Sacred Sword (which it now has access to), Night Slash, Leaf Blade, and Aqua Cutter
Cresseila got a stat nerf -10 for both of its Defense stats 120 / 130 > 110 / 120

H-Samurott also has Sharpness (replaces Shell Armor) and gets Knock Off and Sucker Punch, Ceaseless Edge now lays Spikes
H-Lilligant's Victory Dance is a physical Quiver Dance, also gets Ice Spinner
Basculin (Red/Blue stripes) alos get STAB Wave Crash
Krookodile loses High Horsepower and Knock Off
H-Zoroark has it's Sp. Atk and Spe stats reduced, 125 > 120 Sp. Atk and 110 > 105 Spe to be exact (in otherwords, it's stats are now the same as Unovian Zoroark)
Sawsbuck now gets Horn Leech (in case it doesn't already), Body Slam (also in case it doesn't already), Wild Charge, Stomping Tantrum, and Zen Headbutt
Alolomola loses Scald
Eelektross gets Liquidation and Close Combat
Beartic gets Earthquake and Close Combat
Bisharp loses Knock Off
H-Braviary replces Defiant with Tinted Lens, Esper Wing increases Spe
Hydreigon loses Roost and Defog, but now learns Stealth Rock
Volcarona also loses Roost and Defog
The Forces of Nature all lose Defog, whiling Landorus gets Nasty Plot

Chesnaught gets Close Combat, Body Press, and Super Fang
Delphox gets Focus Blast and Nasty Plot
Greninja gets Sword Dance and Liquidation, but too late cause Protean/Libero got nerfed so that it only works once per switch-in
Talonflame loses Defog
Slyveon loses Mystical Fire
H-Goodra replaces Overcoat with Shell Armor, Shelter is also a Iron Defense clone
both Avaluggs now have Icicle Crash
Diance gets Spikes

H-Decidueye gets Defog, Close Combat, Trailblaze, Sucker Punch, and Shadow Sneak, Scrappy as it's new HA, and Trailblaze
Oricorio gets Quiver Dance by itself
Toxapex loses Knock Off and Scald
Lurantis loses Superpower
Salazzle gets Toxic Spikes
Tsareena loses Triple Axel and Knock Off
Palossand loses Scorching Sands
Komala loses Last Resort
Magearna gets Spikes

Rillaboom loses Grassy Glide, High Horsepower, and Superpower
Cinderace gets Sword Dance, but too late (i said it before and i'll say it again) cause Protean/Libero got nerfed so that it only works once per switch-in
Drednaw gets Shell Smash
Coalossal loses Scald
Barraskewda loses Flip Turn
Toxtricity gets Toxic Spikes
Hatterene loses Expanding Force
Grimmsnarl gets Parting Shot
Perrserker gets Stealth Rock
Indeedee loses Expanding Force
Zacian got it's ability and Stats nerfed: Interpid Sword only works once per battle, and it got Atk dropped from 130 / 170 to 120 / 150
Zamazenta sadly got the same treatment too, Dauntless Shield works once a battle, Atk dropped from 130 to 120 and it's Defense stats drop from 145 to 140 each, at least it finally gets Body Press now
Urshifu gets Sword Dance
Zarude also gets Sword Dance
Regidraco gets Earthquake and Earth Power
Glastrier and Clayrex-Ice both lose High Horsepower
Spectrier gets Draining Kiss
Kleavor's Stone Axe now lays Stealth Rocks, gets Close Combat (as i said with Scyther and Scizor), and has the Sharpness ability, also took 5 points from it's Atk and moved it to it's Sp. Def (135 > 130, 70 > 75)
Ursaluna now learns Close Combat, Gunk Shot, Bulk Up, Sword Dance, Belly Drum, and even Drain Punch, also now has Unburden ability
Basculegion replaces Rattled with Swift Swim
Sneasler now has Unburden, and now learns Rock Slide, Fire Punch, Fake Out, U-Turn, and STAB Gunk Shot
Overqwill now learns Crunch, Aqua Jet, and Liquidation
Enamorus gets Superpower and Focus Blast

what are your thoughts on the buffs and nerfs?

and if i forgot any notable buffs and nerfs, you can find them in these 2 links
https://pastebin.com/VbP2Md04
https://pastebin.com/pghsfRYm
or in case those 2 links expire, go to this doc done by RoiDadadou
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ijn8Im8kU0QnjNyi3AJ6a5feM/edit#gid=1877548319
ursaluna does not get unburden
1.0.1 nerfs chien pao to 120 attack, same as weavile

UPDATES since i first made this (in case you didn't notice):
only Sneasler has Unburden, NOT Ursaluna (just something i didn't noticed until i looked again at my post)
All 3 of G-Articuno, G-Zapdos, and G-Moltres get Tailwind (tho Zapdos lost Blaze Kick)
Dragonite lost Dual Wingbeat too
Scizor lost Roost, Dual Wingbeat and Bug Bite (same with Scyther)
Tyranitar lost both High Horsepower (for doubles) and Superpower
Gardevoir gets Aura Sphere from PLA (if you don't like Focus Miss)
H-Zoroark got it's Sp. Atk and Spe nerfed by 5 points each (125 > 120 / 110 > 105), in otherwords it's stats are now the same as Unovian Zoroark's
Baraskewda lost Flip Turn
Hatterene lost Expanding Force
Glastrier and Clayrex-Ice lost High Horsepower
Enamorus also gets Focus Blast too (incase Earth Power and Mystical Fire ain't enough Steel coverage)

Last edited:
Gallade has also gained Agility, Shadow Claw and Icy Wind from TMs. The former 2 are the most relevant additions as it can now perform agility+3 attacks or double dance sets and also add Ghost coverage if you really want, while the latter is a more doubles/ VGC centric move as it gives Gallade another option for speed control other than Imprison Trick Room.

EDIT: He also gained Night Shade for what it's worth. Not that it's gonna be good since Wish Gallade is now illegal thanks to the transport moves deletion but it could be alright on janky support sets with wisp and wave.

You forgot to talk about the new genie signature moves;
- Windbolt Storm (Thundurus)
- Sandsear Storm (Landorus)
- Bleakwind Storm (Tornadus)
- Springtide Storm (Enamorus)
They're all Special but I do not recall their effects.

Aerial Ace is a TM just like in BDSP, Garchomp and many others keep it.

I am kind of sad they changed H-Goodra's ability to Shell Armor, Overcoat was so much better.

They really gave many Pokémon Stealth Rock and Spikes, I don't really play Singles but good luck to the OU warriors.
In the description of Landorus signature move it says it has a chance to burn, this may be a huge buff depending on the % to burn.

Not seen any mention in this thread that Groudon gets Spikes and Will-O-Wisp, but loses Heat Crash and is thus reliant on Fire Punch or its terrible SpA for taking advantage of its sunlight offensively.

(That said, it probably wants to run Dragon Claw anyway as a primary hazards setter, since Giratina walls it otherwise and is the only viable Defogger)

KaenSoul

FuegoAlma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Drifblim does learn Air Slash now. And Carbink is another new Spikes user for PU.
And expanding force isn't the only move Indeedee loses, it no longer learns Mystical Fire.
Won't most of these be undone with Home? We don't know that it'll remove past gen moves.
We will have to wait a few months before that happens anyway, better to worry about the meta that is coming next week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)