Status
Not open for further replies.
Assigned to: Fakee for BW OU

Username: Alucs
PS! Username: alucs
Your timezone: London Time (GMT+1); EST/EDT (GMT-5 or -4) from August onwards
Generation: DPP/BW
Usual Hours of Availability: Most evenings until late at night
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitive Pokémon upon the release of SM and dipped my toes mainly in OM's at the time - especially 1v1, Trademarked, 350 cup, etc. I decided to pick up an Old Tier more seriously around a year ago and I've been playing/maining ADV since, having started with laddering to relatively high ELO (peaked at ~1640 since). I'm currently in round 3 of the ADV GC and won ADVPL with the Anglerfish; I've also participated in other tournaments in the Pokémon Perfect Forum. Now I want to pick up another tier to get into.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yup, alucs#5193
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYUSI

formerly KaiserKaiba
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Assigned to: Serika for SM OU

Username: KaiserKaiba
PS! Username: KaiserKaiba
Your timezone:
GMT+2
Generation: SM/ADV
Usual Hours of Availability: Usually evenings and week-ends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I'm mainly a SM main. I play a few no-official teamtours and tours like sm ssnl or sm cup during the ST. On the ladder side, I usually manage to reach around 1700 of elo (even if I really never tried to topladder tbh). On ADV side, I don't have much experience apart watch a lot of replays and a few games on ladder.
Are you able to use Discord?: KaiserKaiba#5863
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Yes

Assigned to: Hurtadoo

Username: Gensil
PS! Username: Wundersweep
Your timezone: GMT+2
Usual Hours of Availability:
After 20h on week and after 19h on saturday / after 17h on sunday
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started in 2020. I had started with UU and I want to adapt to a tier that I really liked (I love Chandelure). The first thing is that I want to improve my ingame in this tier to have a better understanding and get a more advanced point of view. Also, I want to improve my team building in this tier for better flexibility. Finally my main goal is to win a major tournament in 2021.
Are you able to use Discord?: yes of course (Wunderlich#2106)
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Assigned to kythr

Username: yellowfin
PS! Username: yellowfin
Your timezone: GMT -7
Usual Hours of Availability: every day of the week is fine
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): started playing competitive mons in 2017-2018 with smlc. never had very good results + ended up burning out, but decided to come back in late 2020 bc of quarantine boredom. my fundamentals are pretty bad, so i'd ideally like to get better at those then move onto more metagame-specific learning
Are you able to use Discord?: yes

Assigned to Conflux

Username: Foxxeyy
PS! Username: Foxxeyy
Your timezone: GMT+1
Usual Hours of Availability: Varies, but generally evenings, 5-8 or so
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Been on PS for approaching 4 years, and I've tipped my toe into lots of different metagames, including 1v1, Pure Hackmons and Anything Goes as the main ones, probably gen 7 AG as my best. While I consider myself a decent enough player with a good team, I find myself playing far too aggressive generally, and I'm a poor team builder myself. Learning the meta is often a challenge for me, as I want to use mons that in theory are really good but end up getting countered a lot.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, titch#1721

Puffy424

Banned deucer.
Assigned to: daniYSB

Username: Puffy424
PS! Username: Puffy423
Your timezone: -5
Usual Hours of Availability: anytime after
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've played a lot of competitive pokemon lately. I've been trying really hard to attempt to get better but anything I do seems to have no effect. I need help team building and playing in general and basically have played every format.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yeah
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yeah

Assigned to: Sakito for DPP OU

Username : Yelodash
Your timezone : GMT +1
Generation : DPP OU
Usual hours : usually evenings / week ends
ell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitive Pokémon a little over a year ago in SS OU , now I'm trying to learn the old gens , and I'd like to learn DPP
first because I really like the tier from the little I've seen.
Are you able to yse Discord? : Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works ? yes

Assigned to: Oathkeepre

Username: Mart
PS! Username: MartAlvarez
Your timezone: GMT-3 (Argentina)
Usual Hours of Availability: In the 8 AM to 11 AM and 11PM to 4 AM.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitively in SM. I learned to play Ubers, RU, and then PU. After learning them I had to perfect and chose SM RU and SM PU. I tried to learn to play NU, but it was difficult for me to learn it. I am a fun person and I learn things quickly. I really would like someone to teach me how to play NU.
Are you able to use Discord?: Mart#3444

Assigned to Estarossa

Username: Prof.Otaku
PS! Username: P.Otaku
Your timezone: gmt+2
Usual Hours of Availability: 3pm-11pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing showdown seriously at the beginning of the generation in Monotype. I thought I was pretty good, but when I came in contact with good players I realized that I was far from it.
Since then I started to play SS UU, I got out of round 2 of the Open. I'm looking for a way to improve my overall level, and also to learn how to build.
I think that learning to build my own teams rather than relying on others will allow me to have more presence on the competitive scene, with the possibility of preparing myself alone against an opponent.
Thank you for reading everything.

Are you able to use Discord?: y MADAO [Otaku]#3391
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: y

Assigned to: ez for SM OU

Username: SpookyZ
PS! Username: SpookyZ
Your timezone:
GMT-4
Generation: SM
Usual Hours of Availability: anytime basically
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
ive been maining ss and i feel like i have learned the tier enough and want to try and learn sm. ive made it to wcop got to 2100s in ss and peaked the ladder+im positive in all the pl's im in.
Are you able to use Discord?: SpookyZ#1442
Yes

Assigned to: adem

Username: Kllkj089h
PS! Username: Kllkj089h (some times kllk alt)
Your timezone: EST (GMT -5)
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays 5PM - 9PM, weekends 11 AM - 9 PM
I started playing competitive at a school tournament and discovered showdown through that. Played swsh ou a bit but disliked it and started playing nd ou instead in early 2020 and have fallen in love with the tier. I would consider myself decent at comp yet lacking fundamental skills and I'm hopping that coming here would fix that.
Yes

Assigned to Fakee for BW OU

Username: oldcvcv
PS! Username: Oldcvcv
Your timezone: GMT+1
Generation: BW
Usual Hours of Availability: Week-end/ after 5pm during the week
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing seriously last summer and i was previously a SM main but i switched to BW. I feel like I don't rly improve in this tier and that's why i'm here. I'm also signing up bc i struggle with building in that tier.

Megagr

CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to sawamura

Username: Megagr
PS! Username: Megagr
Your timezone: GMT +2 (will be GMT+1 from 31 october to 28 march)
Usual Hours of Availability: usually after dinner but sometimes i can be able to do it before
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): i never played competitive for real, i usually stick to randbats or cc1v1 without really putting too much effort into it. In the past 2 years i sometimes played some tier more seriously, mostly monotype, 1v1 and dOU (all gen 7), and i was in top 500 in all these 3 but i never did better than that. Between the 3 i loved playing dOU and i really want to be a good player of this tier in gen8. I also spoke a bit to sawamura lately and, if possible, i prefer to be assigned to them.
Are you able to use discord?: Yes

assigned to roxiee

username: pink dreads
ps username: pink dreads
timezone: gmt-7
usual hours of availability: all day tuesday and wednesday, 10:30 pm onwards every other day
tell us a bit about yourself: throughout my time on ps (like 5yrs at this point) i've always been into mono, and my interest in the tier is peaked atm, as I've been playing more and more and like to think I've improved a bit. I believe i'm a better builder than player, as when I play, I feel my main issue is that I get impatient and play too aggressive, and overpredicting my opp and losing a wincon in the process. I feel as though I'm the best I've ever been (not rly saying much tbh lol) so i'd like to take this momentum into the upcoming mono ladder tournament later in the year. thanks for reading :]
are you able to use disc: yes, dreads#3052
do you understand blacklist: y

Itchy

take all my data, what will you find?
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Assigned to Yellow Paint

Username: Itchyy
PS! Username: Ltchy
Your timezone: -5
Usual Hours of Availability: I can practically guarantee 1pm to 5pm on weekends, but if those don't work, I can schedule time in my afternoons on weekdays or mornings any day starting around 9am, as necessary. I will be available for tutoring starting July 8th
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been playing 1v1 and 2v2 on Pokémon Showdown! for about a year, and recently took an interest in DOU. I entered the most recent seasonal and OSDT, using teams passed by a 2v2 friend, and I have played on the DOU ladder, all to limited success. The formats I play most often are very quick, and do not allow switching, so I struggle the most with long-term planning and knowing when to switch/sack. I look forward to improving my battling skills, and I hope this is an enjoyable experience for you too >~<
Are you able to use Discord?: Yep!
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yep!

SidTheShuckle

Everyday I’m Shucklin’
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Assigned to: airfare

Username: SidTheShuckle
PS! Username: SidTheShuckle
Your timezone: PST
Usual Hours of Availability: 6-10 pm PST on weekdays and weekends (unless otherwise notified to the tutor)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started Pokemon Showdown in 2017 during the SM era playing RandBats. Then I learned about OU, the second most popular format in Showdown, so I started playing there frequently. I also gave my hand at Ubers and AG. Later down the years I would play other formats such as LC and do tournaments outside of Smogon until I joined my first OST in 2021. My ladder score in OU wavers around 1400-1500 with 1600s being my peak, but I get stuck on the same ladder score for over 1000 battles, not being able to go higher enough to crack the Top 100 yet alone reach #1. I know how to build, and I know the type matchups and what pokemon are viable in the current meta, but I want to improve myself with some guidance and pointers on how to become a better battler.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, SidTheShuckle#0824

assigned to Abhi

Username: Coolcodename
PS! Username: Coolcodename
Your timezone: UTC+5:30
Usual Hours of Availability: I’m usually available from 10pm to 12am during weekdays and I am available from 10pm to 2am during weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started competitive around when the second dlc came out for pokemon sword and shield and I play ou decently often and I feel I have decent teambuilding skills and I want to focus on battling with my tutor but my teambuilding can definitely become much better.

Assigned to Oathkeeper

Username: Saurav The Great
PS! Username: Saurav The Great
Your timezone: +5:30(IST)
Usual Hours of Availability:
My morning and part of afternoons can be busy, but otherwise I'm free and I can stay up until fairly late
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started playing competitively about 2-3 years ago. I've played quite a few of the lower tiers, especially UU. SS NU as a tier looks really interesting and I look forward to getting into the tier.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, Fabio#6396

Reactions: Ron

adem

her
is a Tutoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to: Serika for SM OU

Username: adem
PS! Username: aadem
Your timezone: +8
Generation: oras and sm
Usual Hours of Availability: 9am-11pm (abt the whole day)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): used to play usum at the end of the gen, then started and main nd because nr a fan of ss, tried out oras recently and loved it, played it for a couple of side pls and am doing well in the current ssnls, looking to improve mainly building and knowledge wise.
Are you able to use Discord?: y
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: y

Assigned to: adem

Username: Frito135
PS! Username: Frito135
Your timezone: gmt-7
Usual Hours of Availability: 10am-12:30pm and 7pm-12am (on days that I work)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing usum OU about 2.5 years ago, and when galar dropped continued playing OU/Ubers and a bit of the lower tiers. Eventually I got bored of the restricted pokedex and moved to NDOU around the time of the Dracovish suspect test (even got reqs). IRL issues then forced me to stop and when I came back, I decided to focus on AG where I've spent most of my time recently. I had a lot of fun laddering in NDOU again recently and want to get back into the tier, any help would be greatly appreciated
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes

Assigned to: ppödd

Username: sam sand man
PS! Username: Gucci Sand Man☬
Your timezone
: EST (GMT -5)
Usual Hours of Availability: almost everyday except sundays (7 am - 7 pm)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing pokemon at gen 7 ag then thought it was a little hard then moved on to gen 7 ou, but now i main national dex ou,
people say am decent and all that, but i don't feel like i know somethings about competitive.I peaked at 1800 about 3 times, can't get any further, I'm just looking to get better.

Assigned to Frrf for RBY OU

Username: kalifguest22
PS! Username: kalifguest22
Your timezone: GMT -5
Generation: RBY
Usual Hours of Availability: I'm available pretty much any day of the week, usually during afternoons.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started off in SS OU, but then I got pretty bored so I moved on to old gens. I like BW and ADV particularly, and wanted to branch out more to gens such as GSC and DPP. I'm pretty much trying to get decent at every old gen at this point and that goal is going well for me.

Lilo

formerly Test Techles
is a Tiering Contributor
Assigned to Lily

Username: TestTechles (Young Lilo)
PS! Username: Young Lilo
Your timezone: gmt+1
Usual Hours of Availability: Mainly during the weekends around 11PM my time works fine to me
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Always considered myself a very competitive person and tried to push myself to the limits either on comp. pokemon or my life in general. Started a long time ago (around gen 5/6) playing monotype, uu and even ou but only now did I get more into the competitive scene participating on tours over the tier I main as of right now which is SS NU. Been a decent ladder player for awhile (3rd on SS UU ladder atm while using my teams) but feel like I'm still missing a lot of key knowledge regarding how to succeed in the tier and in tours.
Looking forward to a nice experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)